• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C4 Galore! - MWC: East Event #2- April 11th, Springfield, OH

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
DIDDY KONG MAINS AND PROSPECTIVE MAINS!

I will be doing a Diddy Kong Training Session at this tournament. What this means if that I will tell you tons of stuff to get you as good as I am at Diddy Kong. This will be a closed session, only Diddy Kong mains or people I trust to be interested in Diddy Kong can listen in because I do not want to give away some of the things I will disclose to the enemy. Cake got a small Diddy training session from me at the beginning of the year, and I hope to have a more concrete lesson planned for anyone who wants it.

So, if you are interested, post up! AlphaZealot is bestowing Diddy Kong knowledge! Learn what it took me months to figure out in just minutes!
i've been trying to pick him up as a side for awhile >.>

and i'm sure i'm not someone you'd have to worry about, learning your tricks

you probably dont even know who i am :laugh:

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Maybe you can teach me how to NOT get ***** by my own weapons.
Im guessing this onemore or less depends on who you play against.

The funny thing about you posting that huge statement to the ddk's AZ is that now, springfield has 4 people who main or second diddy. Im sure the lot of us would love to sit in on this

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
High school sponsered field trip.

'Nuff said. >_<
Ouch.

Lol, I just found out my dad and brother are going on a boy scouts field trip to the Chicago aquarium on Saturday, and I know there's a tourney in Chicago, so I'll see if it's possible I can go too XD

DIDDY KONG MAINS AND PROSPECTIVE MAINS!

I will be doing a Diddy Kong Training Session at this tournament. What this means if that I will tell you tons of stuff to get you as good as I am at Diddy Kong.
!!! Is there any chance you can teach me how to BEAT Diddy Kong?
This will be a closed session, only Diddy Kong mains or people I trust to be interested in Diddy Kong can listen in because I do not want to give away some of the things I will disclose to the enemy.
T_T

Im playing random on pools...... thats right you heard me
Sounds interesting...I'd do the same, but there are a few characters I'm still absolutely horrendous at. Maybe I'll use some of my other characters in pools...but with my luck, I'll probably get eliminated -_-

I'll gladly Falcon dittos anyone, or play Falcon against Ganondorf or something in pools >=)

you probably dont even know who i am :laugh:
The awesome guy with the afro!

..That plays Olimar :/

What a turnoff :p
The funny thing about you posting that huge statement to the ddk's AZ is that now, springfield has 4 people who main or second diddy. Im sure the lot of us would love to sit in on this
That figures, since Diddy Kong is the ONLY character I consistently lose to.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Hilt Has A mini Fro...Sorta like Hurcule But not as Curly....Actually Cleveland is the most accurate Comparison....

Hence

Smash Ace
That figures, since Diddy Kong is the ONLY character I consistently lose to.
A 'floaty' Kirby honestly has the advantage over Diddy Kong.

Diddy Kong is one of Jigglypuff's best matchups. This is greatly influenced by her ability to maintain aerial control. (She can also perfect rest Diddy's F-Smash, Jab, and Dash Attack.) By catching bananas, knowing how to properly react if a banana bounces off of your shield, and reacting properly when you're actually tripped, you shouldn't lose to a Diddy player's technical skill .

If struck by a banana:
Normal Get-Up if they're not close enough to strike.
If you're not stricken by an immediate F-Smash or F-Thrown, proceed to stop their approach with an aerial.
If they're not rushing for an opportunity to strike, simply pick up the banana and use it against him.
DO NOT BE IMPATIENT WITH THE BANANA, Diddy is always at a disadvantage when you're holding one.

-
On Topic:
Hence and Pdiamond will be able to come, it's spring break.
Put Baro down as a maybe. :mad:

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Im all for a MM Clowsui.

I want tons of MMs at this tourney.
deal, i will not be losing this one lou. clap trap may have saved you once...nay, twice! but he will not do it a third time.

MM reminder for me xD
1$ Lou (pending atm)
1$ Infer (dont know if you confirmed)
1$ Shado (pending)
1$ Clowsui (cant afford another dollar? thought you ***** boys for their money?)
1$ Wakka (LOL?)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
A 'floaty' Kirby, honestly has the advantage over Diddy Kong.
Maybe, but like everyone says, Kirby has to land SOMETIME, and when he does, Diddy will be waiting >_>

It may just be a bad matchup for me personally, but even AZ says that it's in Diddy's favor, while the Kirby boards used to consider it as much as 60:40 Kirby's favor. AZ has beaten Chudat in friendlies, pretty easily from what I hear >_> I know that's friendlies, but still...

I've considered using Toon Link against Diddy because I would just camp and stuff, but AZ plays a TL who is considerably better than mine (Quivo) so it probably won't work out too well.

I should pick up Jigglypuff, lol. Sounds like Rest is good for punishing most moves in the game...even though its kill power is trash -_-

Hence

Smash Ace
Maybe, but like everyone says, Kirby has to land SOMETIME, and when he does, Diddy will be waiting >_>

It may just be a bad matchup for me personally, but even AZ says that it's in Diddy's favor, while the Kirby boards used to consider it as much as 60:40 Kirby's favor. AZ has beaten Chudat in friendlies, pretty easily from what I hear >_> I know that's friendlies, but still...

I've considered using Toon Link against Diddy because I would just camp and stuff, but AZ plays a TL who is considerably better than mine (Quivo) so it probably won't work out too well.

I should pick up Jigglypuff, lol. Sounds like Rest is good for punishing most moves in the game...even though its kill power is trash -_-
Land on the edge if you don't see an opportunity to strike. Afterall, planking isn't banned yet. :p

Jigglypuff can simply use rising pounds between jumps as aerial stalls.

Hence

Smash Ace
its seriously that easy? maybe i should pick up kirby.
How to Play an Effective Kirby:

D-Throw > U-Tilt > U-Tilt > B-Air

D-Throw > D-Throw

D-Air > Grab

D-Air > F-Smash

Final Cutter

Hammer, Hammer.

F-Smash, F-Smash, F-Smash.

B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Land on the edge if you don't see an opportunity to strike. Afterall, planking isn't banned yet. :p
You know....

....you're right.

I personally turn into a Stone and slide down when I get to the second bumper.

D-Throw > U-Tilt > U-Tilt > B-Air (on heavy characters that don't know how to SDI)

D-Throw > D-Throw (if you read them right, but yeah this works on some fastfallers really well)

D-Air > Grab (unless they shield the Dair and you get punished)

D-Air > F-Smash (one of the only reliable ways to KO as Kirby)

Final Cutter (is a terrible move)

Hammer, Hammer. (decent in the air, bad on the ground)

F-Smash, F-Smash, F-Smash. (get punished, get punished, get punished)

B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air. (this actually works pretty well :p)
I generally beat Kirby with my secondaries, who are mostly considered fairly easy matchups for Kirby. If you know how to counter him he's really easy @_@

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Kirby's hammer is the best anti-tornado move. If you think MK will start it up, dash away and then throw out the hammer immediately towards MK. Hits him through teh tornado and is awesome. XD

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Infern: $5 ike vs Diddy?

Also who wants to MM? If I've beaten you in tournament then we can play before the tournament starts, if I haven't beaten you yet in tournament (Lain, Overswarm, Anther) then I'll accept but we can only play when the tournament is done because I got new things against all you dudes that I don't wanna give away (ie pulling a Lain versus Dojo, lol).

And Asidioh, don't you wish beating Diddy was as easy as everyone tries to make you believe?

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Ill MM anyone who asks for it, so have me confirmed people, no one in their right mind would deny free money.
ok, ill type it in.

D-Throw > U-Tilt > U-Tilt > B-Air

D-Throw > D-Throw

D-Air > Grab

D-Air > F-Smash

Final Cutter

Hammer, Hammer.

F-Smash, F-Smash, F-Smash.

B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air, B-Air.
i lold at the bold
although, WoP is 22guud

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Kirby's hammer is the best anti-tornado move. If you think MK will start it up, dash away and then throw out the hammer immediately towards MK. Hits him through teh tornado and is awesome. XD
In the air, the hammer is the best way to beat MK, and it's hard to land unless you predict him perfectly and he's stupid enough to run right into it. So satisfying though.

On the ground, I prefer Fsmash, but he's usually up high enough to be slightly out of Fsmash range, yet close enough to hit you with the bottom of tornado -_-
And Asidioh, don't you wish beating Diddy was as easy as everyone tries to make you believe?
Yes. >_>

Much more so than I wish beating the other top tiers was as people try to make me believe. "Snake vs. Kirby is even lolol"

...yeah, ok.

Next time I play you AZ, I'll try to go for a super-incredibly-gay playstyle. I will:

1. grab a banana.
2. take your power.
3. camp/plank!

Or at least, that's what I say NOW that I'll do. In reality, I would get bored after like 30 seconds. -_-

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah, Kirby has some hard matchups, but I'm glad he doesn't have any that people can abuse stupid crap like infinites on him -_-

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah, Kirby has some hard matchups, but I'm glad he doesn't have any that people can abuse stupid crap like infinites on him -_-
You didn't hear about the Lucario grab-release infinite on Kirby? On Halberd and YI he can release you into the slant and then buffer a re-grab because kirby glitches out.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I'm Glad everyone is discussing my Character...Hehe The King of Kirby's has no problem against Diddy...I will eff him up...almost did At LLS...Didn't get 2-0 at The last MWC...He's beatable... the Kirby has to be patient...and also You have to take in account that AZ is a good player...he's not programmed to allow our Kirby Plans to go the way we expect. He's also anticipating for our Kirby to do the Things that Benefit Kirby thus altering his strategy accordingly...So While Kirby is doing things to benefit Himself Diddy is working around that...Thus Making it an endless loop of WTF!!! Just Play what's effective for you...and not some other persons strategy...Ummm Yeah...-Fin-

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
LOL @ taking my peanuts. Peanuts are only good against floaties and huge characters. Everyone else they are useless against (ie Diddy or Pikachu or something).

Man I wish they were more useful. Oh well.

Also I like never win 2-0 in brackets. Pool's I usually go 2-0 for some reason, brackets I usually go 2-1. I just can't seem to keep up the energy for that middle stage, to many uphill battles.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
You didn't hear about the Lucario grab-release infinite on Kirby? On Halberd and YI he can release you into the slant and then buffer a re-grab because kirby glitches out.
No, I've never heard of that.

But Kirby can autokill Lucario by upthrowing him on the edges of Pokemon Stadium (Melee) and some other places so I guess it evens out :]

As for Diddy Kong counterpicks, look up "diddy kong freeze glitch" on youtube. It works easiest with TL/Link.

So I've found my Diddy counterpick! All I have to do is politely request that AZ grab me and upthrow whenever a projectile is about to hit him.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
found it....sorry for the three posts

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yea, technically, it is banned, but also technically, I would be the one forfeiting, since I'm the one who actually implemented the glitch lol.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
found it....sorry for the three posts
EDIT BUTTON
yea, technically, it is banned, but also technically, I would be the one forfeiting, since I'm the one who actually implemented the glitch lol.
exactly :D
I was lying.

hahahahahahahahaha

april fools several days in advance
You suck. No wonder I couldn't find anything about it in the Lucario boards.

Not that Lucario needs any more advantages since he can just sandbag until the last stock and then win because he goes super saiyan >=(

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
Infern: $5 ike vs Diddy?

Also who wants to MM? If I've beaten you in tournament then we can play before the tournament starts, if I haven't beaten you yet in tournament (Lain, Overswarm, Anther) then I'll accept but we can only play when the tournament is done because I got new things against all you dudes that I don't wanna give away (ie pulling a Lain versus Dojo, lol).

i want to mm you, i 2 stocked the diddy here in illinois and i know you're better then him. i just want to see if i can take you in 1v1 now that i know the match up. (unless we play each other in tournament then nvm about the mm)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I always feel bad for that ROB in your sig norm.

And thank god I never use Diddy's god-awful U-throw and as a result never put myself in a situation to get frozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom