• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3PO Signed By True Ambition!

A new challenger is approaching the ever growing group of sponsored Smash players. C3PO has been signed by True Ambition! "I'm so glad to be a part of the team!" he said on Twitter. This Diddy Kong main is one of the best players in Pennsylvania currently being power ranked #1 in the state.

He also has notable placements at events such as KTAR XIV (13th), KTAR XV (17th), KTAR XVI (13th), and taking 1st at Raider Bowl III being the only player from Pennsylvania to ever "defend Pennsylvania" from out of state threats, beating Seagull Joe 6-0. He also is a regular attendee at Xanadu events.

To keep up with his sponsored adventured be sure to follow him on Twitter. Excited to see another player sponsored? Sound off in the comments below and stay tuned to Smashboards for future breaking sponsorship coverage.

Comments

My crew LoCal is on the up-and-up. Proud of my mans C3PO.

Though I do feel the need to clarify that saying he's ranked #1 in PA might raise some eyebrows. There's currently a disconnect with the PA scenes, including Philly, that lead to separate PRs. C3PO is currently ranked #1 in the Central/NE PA power rankings. Philly and I think even Pittsburgh currently have their own PR that don't overlap.

Regardless, his hard work has paid off.

:093:

If there wasn't footage of C-3PO'd Diddy online, I would be searching up his Diddy, not finding anything, and then search it up again and get a differant Diddy, and scream at the computer "SORRY YOUTUBE, THIS ISN'T THE DIDDY I'M LOOKING FOR!!!"

Last edited:

Though I do feel the need to clarify that saying he's ranked #1 in PA might raise some eyebrows. There's currently a disconnect with the PA scenes, including Philly, that lead to separate PRs. C3PO is currently ranked #1 in the Central/NE PA power rankings. Philly and I think even Pittsburgh currently have their own PR that don't overlap.

Was going to mention this, thanks for clearing that up. Pittsburgh's reason for being separate is very simple; Geographic. Most of the events C3P0 and LoCal attends are 4 hours or more away, so we pretty much never interact outside of large events/nationals. I'm #1 in Pittsburgh at the moment, and I'm unsure about Philly (Vex? Unless 6wx counts as philly?)

Last edited:
It's really great to see someone from PA succeed and gain such an exciting sponsorship. I know C3PO personally and he is a really good person and is extremely dedicated. The point I am about to make is not meant to discredit C3PO. However, the statement which claims C3PO is the best in PA and only defender of the state is unfair.

Vex and 6WX are both from PA and both have defended the state on many occasions. Vex defends Philly every other weekend at The Laboratory. He has defeated players like LoF Blue, Shofu, SLG iRJi, MA Biddy and CT Chibo. He has even destroyed all of central PA's best (the region to which C3PO belongs) both in bracket and crew battles.

All due respect to the writer of this article, I just feel that the Philadelphia region deserves to have their integrity defended.

Yeah, there's a clear distinction from C3POs area of PA, and all of PA together. Philly, Pittsburgh, and NE/Cen PA. Also Philly wrecked NE PA in crews last time they came down :p

Yeah, there's a clear distinction from C3POs area of PA, and all of PA together. Philly, Pittsburgh, and NE/Cen PA. Also Philly wrecked NE PA in crews last time they came down :p
I really want to do a Philly vs Pittsburgh crew battle in smash 4 if we can ever find a national or something both cities have enough people at.

And then we beat Philly at smash with BAE along with Jersey. Aside from vex, Philly and us are on par. I'd say without vex we may even be better.

Last edited:
Vex has never played me in crews or in bracket, yet I see "Vex destroyed all of Central PA in crews and in bracket". Kayyyyyy bro

And then we beat Philly at smash with BAE along with Jersey. Aside from vex, Philly and us are on par. I'd say without vex we may even be better.
of course that crew battle didn't even have vex and you only beat us by 1 stock, but who's counting?

this is completely true, which is why calling him #1 in PA is a very incomplete statement since theirs not enough data between regions to back it up. Regardless he's a very good player and its great to see more people getting sponsored in this region

"Without your best player, we're probably on par"
lol :p
We'll all see you again soon in a battle

Chibo, you weren't even in any of these crew battles, lmao. You were at KTAR though, where you drowned in pools. Meanwhile, Lawz, myself, and C3PO all placed.

The point is that I do agree that Vex is the best player in PA. Outside of that though, Philly's best and Central PA's best are evenly matched, with some possible give and take. There are tons of results from both sides to support this. I think denying that is just ignorant from both parties. They're both competent regions. Even then though, Vex is not infallible. GwJ was literally a hair away from taking out Vex, and C3PO has beaten him recently in a money match.

This wasn't even meant to be a **** measuring contest, honestly. C3PO is my own crewmate and I even remained unbiased in clearing up discrepancies.

I have no comment on Pittsburgh as it stands, since we literally never interact, but I'll gladly hop on the chance for some spending money <3

I still think PA, despite the reasoning not being completely invalid, having 3 PRs is kind of ridiculous and leads to problems for everyone outside of PA, such as this.

Last edited:
That is like 6 hours from us, and is a local. Its not worth the trip.
That's the monthly. It gets pretty good numbers too. People from jersey and DE come too. Not on the level of ktar but it's definitely worth the trip. Moosh is a good TO running a great series.

Last edited:
That's the monthly. It gets pretty good numbers too. People from jersey and DE come too. Not on the level of ktar but it's definitely worth the trip. Moosh is a good TO running a great series.
Yeah, I think when I went it had like 60-70 people? That's about the Same for BAE which gets 60-80 entrants.

Yeah, I think when I went it had like 60-70 people? That's about the Same for BAE which gets 60-80 entrants.

The one I went to had 80 people. So I guess it depends on the draw. Still a great place to play. I'm going to the and make the next one and see if I can get a car pool going.

I'm glad for all this region debating. As long as PA is on the map for things like this sponsoring then us PA players should all be happy.

That is like 6 hours from us, and is a local. Its not worth the trip.
If u guys are better it should be worth it. If 70 to 100 ppl come that's a 700-1000 singles pot where winner takes 50%. then there's doubles with another $200-400 pot and then the crew battle would be another potential chance to win money. Car pool saves u all money and I'm sure if u talked to someone like vex or chibo they might house u guys the night before. What I'm saying is there's a lot of money to make it worth it and our guys are usually willing to help out. I'm excited to meet the other side of PA so am just trying to find a way to make it happen.

There's also winter brawl last weekend in feb in philly

Top Bottom