• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 presents - 2/23/07 Last chance at melee (LOW TIER & regular Singles)

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
All the usual stuff except (LOW TIER)

2/23/07 Last chance at melee
Date: February 23rd, 2008

Ashburn, VA 20147

Events:
Smash (LOW TIER) Singles
Smash regular Singles

ALLOWED CHARACTERS:
Link
Roy
DK
Yoshi
Game & Watch
Bowser
Kirby
Ness
Pikachu
Pichu
Mewtwo
Young Link
Zelda
Single ICE CLIMBER (must kill buddy at start of match, and at every first stock)

MD/VA standard rules.

Entrance Fees:
$10 for (LOW TIER) singles
$10 for regular singles
$8 venue fee, venue fee includes a soda (or red bull, just ask) and a bag of chips

You must sign up for (LOW TIER) singles by 2PM.

I will make the bracket shortly afterward.

If you plan on leaving the venue let me know beforehand.

THERE WILL BE A LOCK IN FRIDAY NIGHT 8$

The bracket for last tournament was possibly the hardest thing I've ever seen. Kudos to the top 8 placers.

Lets try to get everyone out for this one.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Do you hve an idea of how many people will be there, if it's decent I'll definetly try to come, is there an age restriction?

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
We had (estimates) 20 in November, 45 in December, and 35 in January.

As to how many people will show up this time, I'll know about a week beforehand.

It's usually pretty random.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
We had (estimates) 20 in November, 45 in December, and 35 in January.

As to how many people will show up this time, I'll know about a week beforehand.

It's usually pretty random.
Cool, I'll try to make it. But, is there an age restriction?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
No, there isn't, everyone is welcome. Just try and be aware of what's going on while at the tournament.
Thanks, and sorry but I forgot to ask one more little thing, will there be prizes? If yes, how much % does each place get?

g-regulate

Smash Hero
C3 is space in a big office center. it shares a big building with other businesses. it has a plethora of TVs and computers available. all that is needed for smash is your gamecube, because he already has several TVs available.

C3 tourneys usually pay out top 3, or top 4 if theres a lot of people, or top 5 if theres more than that. the payouts are somewhere around 65%-25%-10% of the whole pot, so $10 to enter, multiplied by the number of entrants. this is payed out to 1st/2nd/3rd place.

im pretty sure ill be here. C3 is my jams

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
C3 is space in a big office center. it shares a big building with other businesses. it has a plethora of TVs and computers available. all that is needed for smash is your gamecube, because he already has several TVs available.

C3 tourneys usually pay out top 3, or top 4 if theres a lot of people, or top 5 if theres more than that. the payouts are somewhere around 65%-25%-10% of the whole pot, so $10 to enter, multiplied by the number of entrants. this is payed out to 1st/2nd/3rd place.

im pretty sure ill be here. C3 is my jams
Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me:)

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
This tournament will now be low tier, link and below allowed. No luigi.

Check first post for details.

Eggm

Smash Hero
No high tourney as well? :( I'd so go to this just for the low tier if it wasn't 3 hours away. lol Haven't strectched yoshi's legs in awhile, but too far for JUST low tier. Have fun guys, I predict kirbstir 1st place. :)

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I forgot to edit out the part about teams.

We're doing low tier singles first and then regular singles.

I'm mainly doing low tier singles because *pound* didn't have them due to time constraints.

Again, no teams.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
why couldn't this be pushed back a weeeekkkk!!!!!!

id actually be in town.

T_T

greg - **** your kirby i wanna rematch!

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
dont do single ic they can cg bout half the low tiers and live forever >_> granted sum low tiers flat out counter them tho.
It kinda balances out because no chaingrabs, no desynchs/desynchcombos, so I think he/she should stay

Vist

Smash Champion
I was thinking about the whole no luigi for low-tier thing and i started wondering why luigi is considered to be above low tier when characters like pikachu, link and even dk are not- even though they have done just as well in tournaments recently?

I mean, I don't really think luigi is low tier, but I do think he is in the same ball park as those three so I think it'd be dumb to leave luigi out and not these other three.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i agree with vist, luigi IS mid tier, i dunno why people just kinda take him out of low tier tourneys because they feel like it. yes, luigi is awesome and way better than the low tiers.... thats why hes at the top of mid tier, hes going to be better. some low tier matchups **** luigi hard

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
If everyone wants luigi I can put him back on.

Personally I think Luigi, Link, DK, and Roy are all mid tier and thus shouldn't be allowed in low tier tournies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
roy? wtf tope in how many different ways can u be ********, ****

link and luigi **** most of the low tiers, they dont have any matchups that are that bad, if youre taking luigi out, you cant leave link in, period. DK is good, but he has some matchups that aren't that good as far as low tiers go, and roy gets flat out ***** by some characters, roy sucks. Ill challenge any roy/dk to a MM, that **** is retardedly easy.

Tink

Smash Hero
omg, you can use single ice climbers? i suicide my nana right away when i pick them cause i like the single one better =). this looks fun.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I don't really pay that much attention to Luigi that much so I guess if it makes everyone happy put him back in?

Top Bottom