• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-stick opinion Smash or Tilt?

KO321

Smash Rookie
Is there a consensus as to which is better for olimar? I wanted to pick brains before I start playing him hardcore.

BlueJaySSB

Poggers my Doggers
Is there a consensus as to which is better for olimar? I wanted to pick brains before I start playing him hardcore.
125% Smash stick. Especially if you have stick sensitivity on high. I think most top players would tell you the same.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Yeah, Smash stick is ideal for Olimar. Won't be using tilts enough to justify having it the other way except for maybe dtilt which you don't need it to use consistently. You'll be able to train yourself for ftilt and utilt with some practice.

Hacky

Smash Cadet
NNID
SN_Hacky
3DS FC
4513-4712-4723
Switch FC
2414 6996 3456
I agree with using Smash Stick over Tilt Stick. In fact, Olimar is literally the only character that I use it for.
To build onto what Myran said, you're going to be using Smash attacks way more frequently and during more technical inputs, in my opinion. Especially in a situation where you are punishing off a reaction.
I personally dont use forward tilt that often and only heavily use Up and Down tilts. They're simply the better moves, comparably.
From a technical standpoint, D-tilt is very easy to perform, even while running, by just holding down with any sensitivity. U-tilt, without Tap Jump on, is also easy with very little dependence on stick sensitivity.

So overall, its definitely a pretty strong consensus that smash stick for Olimar is the way to go. I'd like to hear someone's opinion as to why they use tilt stick, though.

Top Bottom