• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C stick for Young Link : Tilt or Smash ?

Startoto

Smash Rookie
The title explains it all.
As a Young Link player, i don't know what I should set on the C stick : Tilt or Smash ?

I am sorry if this was asked/answered before.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Tilt stick is just better practice in this game. I can use both interchangeably in 4 and I made the switch to full tilt in this because attack canceling will be your end game and tilt stick offers the most options with it.

Lord_Ghirahim

Smash Cadet
I use smash because I play Melee and it's easier for me, I've not had problems using tilts in Ultimate. In short - use whatever you find most comfortable, there is no right answer that works for everyone.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
I use smash on some characters and tilt on others, and I definitely feel he benefits from tilt stick a lot more. I am sure you could do fine with either though.

Hacky

Smash Cadet
NNID
SN_Hacky
3DS FC
4513-4712-4723
Switch FC
2414 6996 3456
I mostly use tilt, however, if I feel that I really need to get consistent upsmash punishes in certain MU's, Ill make the switch to smash.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I used smash in Smash 4, but for Ultimate, I've converted to tilt. It's really easy to do smash whenever I need to, but it's really tough to sneak tilts in without the aid of the C stick.

Top Bottom