• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
Yo, how do you guys deal with over aggressive spacies? what defensive options do you guys use?
Overaggressive Fox: Bait his aerials and grab him. CC his overshot nairs at low percent if you can. If he tries to go shine ham on your shield, instant stomp OOS is great for punishing that. If he drills shield, wait for the shine before you try to grab. It's tough against Fox because he outprioritizes you everywhere and is just as fast as you are. Pivot nair is amazing for this MU for putting out a wall that makes him think twice about trying to jump into your DD with an aerial. Pivot knee is also great if you're trading your pivot nairs. Mostly just tech chase him to death.

Overaggressive Falco: I don't know if this is a thing. The only way I can see Falco being overaggressive is if he doesn't laser, in which case DD and obliterate him. Otherwise, just refer to the regular nonaggressive Falco MU.

Eedy

Smash Rookie
This might not be the right place for this but how do I deal with a marth that grabs a lot and doesn't approach, every time I approach I get junked by his grabs and tech chases

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
This might not be the right place for this but how do I deal with a marth that grabs a lot and doesn't approach, every time I approach I get junked by his grabs and tech chases
this is as much the place as any

try baiting stuff out by spacing really well with dashdance and then reacting to punish with a grab or nair or sideb or something (grab more often than not)

TheGoat

Smash Ace
I am in the same boat trying to avoid the dreaded marth shield grab (MSG). You just have to play and adjust your nair timing so that you don't keep getting shield grab. Also try to hit behind his shield. And space out moves and stuff. Fight the good fight

Eedy

Smash Rookie
I am in the same boat trying to avoid the dreaded marth shield grab (MSG). You just have to play and adjust your nair timing so that you don't keep getting shield grab. Also try to hit behind his shield. And space out moves and stuff. Fight the good fight
To avoid his sheild grab from a nair approach I usually do jab > grab after I nair, if you get close enough it works a lot.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
To avoid his sheild grab from a nair approach I usually do jab > grab after I nair, if you get close enough it works a lot.
lol no jab-> grab on shield is terrible because of how negative jab is on shield and it will never outrange marth's grab. they can just shield the jab and then shieldgrab before your grab comes out. It's like a 1/100 mixup if you've thrown in a couple of gentlemans already, but that's like best case scenario.

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman
mix in tomahawks and watch his reaction

grab him if the marth is still in shield

mix them in there but dont excessively use that

and mix in the low knee +4 frame advantage iirc -> grab

Last edited:

Mr Postman

Smash Journeyman
Could i get some advice vs peach?
im not necessarily a complete noob at this game but i do have very little experience in this MU. so probably anything will help! :)

6VI6

Smash Apprentice
mix in tomahawks and watch his reaction

grab him if the marth is still in shield

mix them in there but dont excessively use that

and mix in the low knee +4 frame advantage iirc -> grab
Knee is only +1 on shield, people need to stop listening to Blur :/

Mattyboy

Smash Cadet
Trying to implement more empty hops into my game as I'm starting to understand the more mental aspects of the game like baiting and stuff like that, when exactly do you guys use things like tomahawk and late aerials?

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Trying to implement more empty hops into my game as I'm starting to understand the more mental aspects of the game like baiting and stuff like that, when exactly do you guys use things like tomahawk and late aerials?
against shields

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
baby steps
watch a vid of a falcon with sexy movement
make notes on what they do (how they waveland and stuff usually)
go into the game
practice doing those things
dont worry about speed at first, work up to it

make up routines for yourself or just put on a podcast or something and spam wavelands and stuff mindlessly

and remember you wont be a movement god in a day

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
I should've searched for more falcon players at zenith D:
next time fellas
Smuckers, did I play you? I feel like I did, I just don't remember people's tags very well.

Also Orgo-somethingIcan'tremember (Orzo-something?) was in my pool and he was pretty good. I think he got tourney nerves because I did really well against him in pools but he wrecked me pretty good in friendlies.

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
i had another falcon in my pool named ereek, always good to see new falcons come to stuff (new to me, anyways)

ryobeat was tough but i play against a pretty good peach quite often

still hate that mu tho LOL

yeah sorry i didnt really go around introducing myself cuz i was focused on tourney. somehow snips found me (which was awesome) and playing/meeting him was really cool

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
I don't remember playing any falcons actually so I don't think so D:
wanted to play the man duckpimp himself after he beat my homie ryobrat (good stuff btw) but I didn't try hard enough =\
Dang dude, how did you not encounter any Falcons? I was trying as hard as possible to find Spacies and Shieks and all I ran into were dittos lol

Heck at one point I was on an 8-inch CRT with a 5 Falcon rotation

Last edited:

strongboy

Smash Cadet
What's some good **** to know & try in CF vs Samus & Dr Mario? Any chaingrabs or guaranteed throw to knee stuff or should I be looking for a lotta up air juggles?

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Uair - pretty much all I know about the Samus matchup

Check out the Index thread, though. It has all of your Falcon needs.

strongboy

Smash Cadet
Uair - pretty much all I know about the Samus matchup

Check out the Index thread, though. It has all of your Falcon needs.
Where's that? I've seen something that had a bunch of grab & dair => knee info but I haven't been able to find it since.

Top Bottom