• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Nakamaru

Smash Master
It feels like a spacing thing. Also ganon has slightly different spacing on his moves that might affect if he can get shield grabbed or not.

But i feel like the gain from hitting someone with falcon kick isn't all that worth it since you need to be right up on them for it to do any good dmg or knockback.

Plus if you raptor boost and it does work you can at least get a grab/combo/knee off of it instead of just a falcon kick.

/2cents but i love falcon kick so im probably going to be doing this regardless of how bad it is.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya I guess it could be a spacing trap as side-B and falcon kick makes the character pull back a little bit. Just like Knee to forward smash is a frametrap for sure that one.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
i know if you space gentleman way to close and you're like ontop of the person you can f.B behind them to avoid shield grab. The timing is really tight and you have to be careful not to do rapid jabs by accident.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
What do you mean by frame trap btw?
He means that if you try to shield grab asap after the knee hits your shield you'll miss the grab because Falcon will have leaned back out of your grab range in the f-smash startup. Frame traps are just exploitations of things like shield stun and start up animations.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's essentially used to cover options I'd say. It's like also if I use a fair off-stage to cover a certain part of the off-stage but then I can immediately uair thinking that I will now hit my opponent because he would have nowhere to go anymore. It's the same thing like knee to uair, if you miss the knee then you'll likely hit them with uair since youll be close to them. That kind of situation is generally when Fox is off-stage starting up a side-B or up-B. It's like using your moves in a way where if your opponent tries something in between those moves, he'll get hit because you'll be at the advantage. It's a little hard to explain... there's a bit of calculation that can be done with this.

Zhea

Smash Ace
Well if that's the case then yeah, I think the length of most grab animations would make that work. However they are safe on pretty much any other option(at least for falcon kick, not sure about wizard foot.)

gravy

Smash Ace
Seriously though, we do need our hit stun data. If it doesn't already exist, how do I go about finding it out myself? I'll just add it to the ridiculously huge list of things I need to find out about Falcon.

Zhea

Smash Ace
Magus used to post a lot on it. M2K seemed to know a lot about it too. Also there is an absurd amount of shield stun data out there for spacie pressure. There is away, and it probably involves hacked melee.

Windrose

Smash Lord
It's essentially used to cover options I'd say. It's like also if I use a fair off-stage to cover a certain part of the off-stage but then I can immediately uair thinking that I will now hit my opponent because he would have nowhere to go anymore. It's the same thing like knee to uair, if you miss the knee then you'll likely hit them with uair since youll be close to them. That kind of situation is generally when Fox is off-stage starting up a side-B or up-B. It's like using your moves in a way where if your opponent tries something in between those moves, he'll get hit because you'll be at the advantage. It's a little hard to explain... there's a bit of calculation that can be done with this.
hax uses that so well in edge guarding against space animals. i have been stealing it. it's quite nice

gravy

Smash Ace
At this point I can shield drop and shai drop, but I have trouble fast falling it, and it's not 100% consistent yet. But I'm putting a lot of work into it.

Zhea

Smash Ace
The frustrating thing about shield drop is it differs from controller to controller. On a friend's controller I can shield drop 100% of the time but with mine I can only do it to the left reliably.

:phone:

gravy

Smash Ace
I think shield dropping itself is really easy, but doing all of the mixups out of it and fast falling it is super hard. You can shield drop a nair to jab reset someone, but then in order to get the punish you need to fastfall it and get back up there instantly. And don't even get me started on how difficult it is to shield drop fast fall and perfectly waveland. I'm actually legitimately considering using my pointer finger to fast fall just to get around this problem of fast falling shield drops, maybe use a grip similar to colbols.

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
I disagree, if it was the same one I went to. He was a really chill guy, but he messed up a lot =\. Still gave a generous tip cause I was in a good mood due to pancakes, but I didn't think he was that good

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I disagree, if it was the same one I went to. He was a really chill guy, but he messed up a lot =\. Still gave a generous tip cause I was in a good mood due to pancakes, but I didn't think he was that good
Me and Hbox crew went to Ihop at that time too.. lol

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Applied to every major airport within the tri-state area for anything available. Cargo, ramp agents, ticket agents, ramp ops, etc. not even a call back. I'm an aviation major(Professional Pilot) just tryin to get my foot in the door. Just recently started going for local retail positions. Gettin desperate here lol

So what are you IT or something? I'm assuming since Zynga/Facebook.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
Computer engineering major, just graduated in december. Trying to do software engineering.

Damn dude good luck with the job search. It's really rough but fire off your resume en masse, and be ready for when you get lucky.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Yea basically what I'm doing now. Literally sending it out in hoards to everything within a 10 mile radius. Still in school though.

In the mean time, does Falcon have any matchups that are 100 - 0? Or heavily in his favor for that matter.

Gorillion

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm new and this is my first post. That's fun!

Anyway, I don't think 100-0 matchups exist in this game. But Bowser definitely has a rough time...

Top Bottom