• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C.E.O. 2010!! Orlando, FL. June 5/6, 2010 Feat. DR PP, Hbox, DARKRAIN!!!! 1 week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Community Effort Orlando

C.E.O. (formerly WATO for Hbox's AMAZING CREW!!!)

Zone (Best Zelda in FL FTW) has offered out of the kindness of his own heart and the pockets of Florida Tourists (lol seasonal jobs) to donate $200 to the Melee Singles pot. This will be split up in percentage the same way the rest of the prizes will, it will just be thrown into the pot.

Make sure everyone thanks Zone here, hes the man.

Please Read:::
As a lot of you all know I was going to be running Smash for the previously announced GAMME. However due to miscommunication/misunderstands, etc (most of you guys know the story) the tournament ended up getting cancelled.

Immediately HungryBox and myself teamed up from GoogleMyName from SRK and with rallying support from both communities, a new tournament and a first time for both of us communites to pull together and work as one.

We have secured a 10,000 Sq Foot venue (almost the size of Pound) and are ready to accommodate all players who were planning on going to Florida anyway for ALL games plus tons tons more people. We expect about 100-150 people from SRK and the same if not more from Smash. Read below for all the details.

When: June 5th/6th

Where:

Central Florida Fairgrounds
4603 West Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL
Hall E

The tournament will be in hall E which is located on the behindside of number 5 in that picture of the fairgrounds. It was the closest loading dock for setups.

Pre-registration is online but is not mandatory. It is to help us get an approximate number of players to better help us prepare. All money will be collected at the doors. Please help and if you are coming let us know!

Click here to pre-register!

Click here to see pre-registration list!

Smash Entry Fees + Venue Fee:

SSBM Doubles: $20/Team
SSBM Singles: $10/Person
SSBB Doubles: $20/Team
SSBB Singles: $10/Person

Venue Fee: $20**
Spectator Fee: (friendlies included) $10
** $0 for Women/Children to spectate

** $5 off of the venue fee for anyone who brings a FULL setup!

Payouts:

Less than 64 People (I hope not, lol)

1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%

Less than 100 people

1st: 40%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%
5th: 5%

100 + People (Let's make sure this happens)
1st: 40%
3rd: 10%
4th: 8%
7th: 3.5 %
7th: 3.5 %

** $5 off of the venue fee for anyone who brings a FULL setup!

Non-Smash Entry Fees+Games:

* Super Street Fighter IV (Xbox 360) $10
* Tekken 6 (PlayStation 3) - $10
* Melty Blood: Actress Again (PlayStation 2) - $10
* Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (Xbox 360) - $10
* Tatsunoko vs Capcom (Wii) - $10
* Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Xbox 360) - $10
* Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (PlayStation 2) - $10

Setups:

Because we are throwing this all together on our own there is one thing we need from you guys. SETUPS!!!

We are offering a 5 dollar refund on setups if you have them for ANY game. If you have a Street fighter and a Smash setup, bring them both, get $10 off. FULL setups only, though.

Whatever setups brought will be used for their according game. If 35 brawl players bring setups and 2 melee players bring setups, we will have 35 brawl setups. BRING WHAT YOU WANT TO PLAY.

Schedule:

Saturday:

9:00 AM: Begin Arriving. If you have a setup please come ASAP!!!
12:00 PM: Melee and Brawl Teams begin. As soon as each event ends, singles will start for that event with about a half hour break. We will continue until the tournament is over.

Since each setup is being used for it's own game, both tournaments will be going all weekend. If we finish early with whichever game sunday, side events will occur. Top priority is getting everything done on time :)

We must all be OUT of the venue by 10 PM Sunday, at the latest. There should be no issue finishing things in time, though.

General Rules:

Pound 4 Ruleset:

Melee:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

Stage Striking:
Neutral Stages 1v1: FD, FOD, DL64, YS, BF
CP's 1v1: PS, KJ64, Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise

Neutral Stages 2v2: FD, DL64, YS, BF, PS
CP's 2v2: KJ64, Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise

Brawl:

-3 Stock
-8 Minute Time Limit
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, Marth on Ness grab-release, etc
-Ice climber infinites are LEGAL up to 250%
-Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock): If a suicide move ends a match, the match will be reset with 1 stock each to both players on the same level. Time limit will be set to 3 minutes. Both players technically died at the same time, and that is why the match was a draw. Play out the one stock, and the winner wins that match.
-Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing. We can't be having wii's be interrupted because someone made a mistake. I will be enforcing this heavily, and there will be penalties if people do not obey.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshis Island
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium

Additional Rules for Doubles Play:
-Life Stealing is allowed
-Team attack will be set to ON
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is playing Lucario, Sonic, or Pokemon Trainer, either team can request for them to be Blue Team and the opponents must abide. If both teams have one of the characters, they must work it out between them.

Hotel Discount:

304 W. Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL

I am not sure if the hotel block from GAMME will still exist since GAMME has been cancelled. If not, or if you still need a room, we have gotten a cheap rate of 79.99 a night from the Crowne Plaza Downtown hotel. For a 3 and a half star hotel, this is really good. Oh, its also 2 miles down the same road the venue is on.

To book a room under this room block mention the tournament name C.E.O.

Book your room for the weekend at the Crowne HERE

Airport:

The closest airport to fly into if you haven't yet bought tickets is Orlando International Airport (MCO). This is a 20 minute drive from the venue/hotel.

Food/Beer/Wine Cart:

The venue has someone employed to sell Food/Beer/Wine in all events. We will have bracelets with those who show ID who can drink. There will be absolutely NO underage drinking permitted.

This being said, us 21+ Smashers have challenged SRK to Beer Pong/Flip cup tournaments once everything is done with. We will have are good time.

Live Stream:

We are confirmed to have livestream for the event. We will do our best to put someone in charge of only streaming the BEST matches for each game!

SRK Thread:

Just in case you have any other questions or want to talk about other games, vist the SRK thread located HERE.

Contact Information:

Plank:

AIM: Dream Thieve
Phone: 301-788-8085

I'll let Hbox/GoogleMyName post their contact information. I don't want to post anything people don't want to disclose.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Plank im just curious here, are you getting name tags done for this like with pound? they were such an awesome keepsake.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Snap, I doubt it, unfortunately. With this short of notice and the shortness of funds since we are throwing this together really quick, I don't think I can afford to get those made :(

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
added that on the very top. also linked that thread here and updated new info about the catering and livestream etc!!!!

oh and the hotel deal for the MAD CLOSE hotel

SheerMadness

Smash Master
lol we can buy drinks at this tourney?? I'm down.

Also where the hell is the ssb64 side tourney?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
All supplies need to be provided, as always I'm down if people bring things to do a side tournament.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
very cool, i'll be here

hungry, can u use mlg's ledge grab limit rule for brawl??

35 edge grabs and its the forfeit of the match if it goes to time???

just a thought

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
since im running brawl consider the notion done. lol

I think ill be sitting out singles though, and only doing teams (I would sit out both but i REALLY need to do teams).

oh, and I will be enforcing the MLG 5 minutes = 1 match loss, 10 minutes = set lost. That made MLG run so efficiently, and if everyone is there it shouldnt be that hard to do. I dont care about any of you people so I'll DQ whoever :laugh:

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
since im running brawl consider the notion done. lol

I think ill be sitting out singles though, and only doing teams (I would sit out both but i REALLY need to do teams).

oh, and I will be enforcing the MLG 5 minutes = 1 match loss, 10 minutes = set lost. That made MLG run so efficiently, and if everyone is there it shouldnt be that hard to do. I dont care about any of you people so I'll DQ whoever :laugh:
Ledge grab limit rule... is lame... I think this really limits some players/characters' abilities... See 2nlio for evidence. I don't play brawl, but I definitely think that rule is LMAO dumb

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Ledge grab limit rule... is lame... I think this really limits some players/characters' abilities... See 2nlio for evidence. I don't play brawl, but I definitely think that rule is LMAO dumb
you think not grabbing the ledge limits toon link's ability to play his game?

i lol'd

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
double post. and i know that some characters get a stupid advantage like pit. But idk what the solution to that is. Because some characters are just lol dumb in brawl

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
we are definitely planning on doing pools for singles at least, perhaps teams depending on entrants

Pi

Smash Hero
My friend is going to be PISSSEDDD he's missing this one, beer pong, he would ****.

I need ganon, sheik, and peach practice

Any volunteers?

And I'll probably be doing samus vs marth MM's, maybe fox & cfalc as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom