• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Byleth: Joins House Smash Brothers Social Thread

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It’s a good thing I’m off work that day. I’m gonna have a field day once he’s released.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly I think it would've been great to have an FE character that isn't a main character sword user, which is why Edelgard would've been awesome, but now that we have 8 of 'em in there it feels pretty complete in a way (8-player fire emblem brawls). And also could leave room for other franchises. I also mean nintendo ones. I'd love to see a 4th kirby character and other stuff.
As tone-deaf as Int Sys. has been in regards to knowing how Sak rarely deviates from picking a lead character, I'm glad they accidentally gave him a loophole to work with via the house lords' Three Runes. We finally got the Weapon Triangle after 3 games of swords, and even a bow for funsies.

In regards to Kirby, it'll take a lot to get Sak to get past his comfort zone, but it might happen if this cycle lasts long enough. As for other stuff, I could see Sylux happen at the very least, since Prime 4 is still in the pipeline.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
So what are the chances we'll actually get Byleth at a decent time of day? Aside from Banjo and Terry who got shadow dropped right after the presentation, they've tended to come out at like 9:30 PM EST. I really don't want to wait all day.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
saw unmarked spoilers on gamefaqs for 3H....before i even played the game ooof(have had it since it's release digitally but for various reasons i just haven't been able to get around to it...)

Probably still gonna hop on it before long since byleth's out next week and i need to play it eventually

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I was thinking about my characters, and seeing as how jigglypuff is weak to sword character, and Byleth might be good against them, it might end up being a good combination :p

D

Deleted member

There's this artist at a DQ Discord server I'm in who is making fan art of the four playable DQ Heroes in Smash as Three Houses students.

So far they have completed Solo, Erdrick and Luminary with Eight being left:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I find it hilarious people keep drawing Byleth bummed out to have so much negative reception when really, they'd act more like this:
Hello_everyone_I_am_here.jpg

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It’s been a week now since Byleth was confirmed. I don’t suppose there are folks out there who’s still mad about the professor being in Smash?

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Nah, they’ve gotten over it now and are waiting for the next character. Smash hate never lingers for long, which is good.

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Nah, they’ve gotten over it now and are waiting for the next character. Smash hate never lingers for long, which is good.
Then you haven't watched the Japan Evo stream at some specific point in time.
I was there and it was toxic af.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think there's going to be some there until the next character is revealed, though obviously it's going to lessen with time too. If it's a great one, people will focus on them being in, and if it's not, then they'll ***** about that one instead :p

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Heck, the way Smash fandom works, people will be defending Byleth to the death in a matter of months when Goomba gets revealed.

Rex4Smash

Smash Cadet
I don't know why in the reveal they couldn't say Byleth: Joins THE Smash House.
Byleth: Joins Smash House doesn't sound right to me.

Neverx

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5778-5302-2215
I don't know why in the reveal they couldn't say Byleth: Joins THE Smash House.
Byleth: Joins Smash House doesn't sound right to me.
Should have been Byleth: Joins House Smash imo.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Then you haven't watched the Japan Evo stream at some specific point in time.
I was there and it was toxic af.
I don’t think anyone takes livestream chats that seriously. They are always full of children spamming incoherent nonsense.
Unless you meant something in the actual tournament then that’s a different story.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Finally, I was waiting for this NES-styled character chart to be updated.

Yeah. On the flipside, they'll forget how the pattern goes by the time we get to Pass 2's FP6. I'll end up having to say this sooner or later by the end of the DLC cycle:

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm pretty hyped about Byleth. Three Houses was incredible and I'm glad to see it given the love it deserves in Smash. Putting in 370 hours into 3H since launch I've become effectively obsessed with it and am so excited to play on the Garreg Mach stage

Ladyspiker

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6235-1432-1920
I'm pretty hyped about Byleth. Three Houses was incredible and I'm glad to see it given the love it deserves in Smash. Putting in 370 hours into 3H since launch I've become effectively obsessed with it and am so excited to play on the Garreg Mach stage
It really is hard to contain my excitement. The addition exceeded my expectations. 8 beautiful alts to pick from, having numerous relics at my disposal, the Garreg Mach stage and having all my students cheering me on as I murder Mario. I probably am most excited about the music -- it is the perfect fit for a game like Smash. They got in most of the essentials from the OST. It is awesome that Apex of the World made it in! Such a fond memory hearing that track for the first time...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I will say though, the timing is a bit of a pity, since the reveal came way too late for the 4th House to get anyone in as a spirit, although that could change later if they decide to have a TH spirit event.

Forgot to mention: it's nice to know Byleth doesn't have a generic counter move. I was honestly afraid of that. That said, I really wish Corrin's down-special worked like Byleth's, only difference being Corrin turns into a dragon.
It honestly doesn't surprise me, as I've heard that even FE spin-offs like Warriors underutilise dragons these days.

You know Sak is serious about DLC providing gameplay variety when he's finally gotten the opportunity to break the usual Lord toolkit in earnest.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I'm excited to see what people will find when they lab with Byleth, and I'm even more excited to see this character in competitive usage. I hope this character clicks with me like Robin and Hero did.

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone! I haven't jumped in here since Byleth got announced, but I'm excited we're so close now!

Since they got announced, I've thought that it would've been cool if the seventh and eighth costumes had given them a color scheme based on the class they get with that hair (keeping vague to avoid spoilers!) So today, I decided to take a crack at it just for fun!

Here's what I came up with!

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Hey everyone! I haven't jumped in here since Byleth got announced, but I'm excited we're so close now!

Since they got announced, I've thought that it would've been cool if the seventh and eighth costumes had given them a color scheme based on the class they get with that hair (keeping vague to avoid spoilers!) So today, I decided to take a crack at it just for fun!

Here's what I came up with!
I totally get why they did what they did with the 7th and 8th outfits, but damn if this color scheme isn't a whole lot more interesting than the green hair by itself.

The actual Enlightened One outfit looks tacky as all hell, though lol. I make sure to use the Sothis Regalia costume every time I decide to put Byleth in that class.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I have to work all day tomorrow, but you better believe I will be playing Byleth afterwards. Start in the training mode then straight to classic mode.

Hi everyone! Good to meet you all. My name is Plino (though I also go by Indigo Jeans and whatever variation of that you can think of) and I am so, SO hype for tomorrow. I really wanted Byleth to make it in but didn't honestly believe they would, so this really does feel like a dream come true, ha ha.

DrKatz

Smash Cadet
Hello all,

I am super excited! Byleth was one of my top requested characters alongside Ryu Hayabusa and Raiden (MGS). I honestly didn’t think he had much of a chance.

I’ve mained Ike, Corrin, and Shulk in the past 6 years so I think he’ll fit perfectly with the archetype I enjoy playing! I absolutely can’t wait to start labbing tomorrow!

I have to work, but I’m out at 3:30 EST, so hope he comes out early.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Tomorrow :D

First I'm gonna check out Garreg Mach, then right into Classic mode for sure.

Top Bottom