• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Byleth: Joins House Smash Brothers Social Thread

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm so happy yall, all those weapons! And finally a game-accurate Fire Emblem stage! And of course my girl FByleth in with her green hair outfit! I love how she looks in this game so much. And Hilda gets a cameo!!! Very pleased. I finally have an FE character I have a proper connection to, haha.

I'm shocked that we finally have one without a counter who also uses other weapons! Maybe people will stop complaining now? Maybe? ;)

Last edited:

Flik

Smash Journeyman
I was reluctant in joining the support thread because I have yet to play the game, but I'm all for more Fire Emblem characters in Smash and always like Byleth's design (especially the female :love:) so I'm excited to use them in the game. Congratulations to everyone who supported him her them before today :)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I welcome any one of my favorite Fire Emblem characters, Byleth is one of my top favorites. I just hope recovery isn’t an issue as Sakurai makes it.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Congrats guys! I was team Edelgard but I'll take what we got here. Stage looks good, alt costumes rule, and the music gets to be in the game after I was a little worried it would be left out. Plus the weapon stuff with Byleth looks interesting. Looks like he/she is the type of character I might be pretty good at. Only bummer is that January 28th feels like a long ways away already even though it's only 10 days.

Neverx

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5778-5302-2215
I'm so happy, finally a character I really wanted got in.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I've recently become a huge FE fan and loved Three Houses. Pretty pumped for Byleth! Nice unique moveset too. Looks like FE fans who complained about all the pure sword users finally got some weapon diversity.

D

Deleted member

This is me after reading some salty Byleth comments:
Death Knight Tea Time.gif

Honestly I don't see the problem with FE having so many characters. The series sells like hot cakes with Awakening, Fates, and 3H and Heroes makes a boat load of money for Nintendo. This isn't some nothing or small series represented in Smash.

Well, what a coincidence...

I don't think that was a coincidence at all. LOL

Only bummer is that January 28th feels like a long ways away already even though it's only 10 days.
At least it's better than Joker.
He was my dream character who got in, I was hyped as hell, and I had to wait 2 months just to see his back and then waited an additional 2 months to see how he plays. Well worth the wait, but it was torture.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlastState

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlastState
3DS FC
0946-2825-3438
Dropping by to congratulate you all on on Byleth's inclusion! Incidentally, I'm in the middle of a Three Houses playthrough myself so I'm hoping to at least finish this Golden Deer Route before the DLC arrives at the end of this month. Anyways, let's hope that this a character we can get a lot of enjoyment out of when they arrive!

Folt

Smash Ace
Oh my God YESS!!!

Picking Byleth over any of the house leaders was a very good decision, and we can finally stop asking for a lance, axe, or bow FE rep since Byleth fits all.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
Really excited to see Byleth joining the roster, I loved Three Houses and I identified them as having the most unique moveset potential over the possible candidates, even if Sakurai took it in an entirely different direction to what I expected. Kinda hoping if we get Echoes down the line that maybe Catherine could come in as an Ike echo, but that's just a personal desire.

I have to admit though, as someone who loves playing as Corrin and who even voted for Bayonetta, I'm hoping I don't end up with another character the community seems to hate. c'est la vie I suppose :)

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Well, while I really wanted Edelgard (and Byleth having Aymr kills her chances to ever join Smash even in a future title), they look a ton of fun and the stage is amazing!

Congrats fellow FE3H fans!

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
*shakes hands with some members*

Well done to my fellow Smash fans. Fate fell in your favour. I got one of my wanted stages as well.
It's a new character regardless and that should be a win for everyone.

Shenryu64

Smash Rookie
I wanted Edelgard because she's my favorite character from the game, but I'm really happy with Byleth too because any representation for one of my favorite games is nice, I'll main them day 1 :)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Congrats guys

I expected a three house rep as base but this will do as well

Definatly more hype than Corrin was that’s for sure

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Not gonna lie, I wasn't expecting any Nintendo characters, much less Byleth, to end the pass, even among the ones I wanted. But congrats regardless, Professor!

How about we reorganize this thread into the sub-forums for characters in Ultimate's roster?

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hey congrats everyone. I wasn't expecting Byleth. Am pleasantly surprised and will try to main them (more specifically her :))

Neverx

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5778-5302-2215
I find it funny though how people were warming up to a 3H's rep and then it gets announced as the final fighter for pass 1 and everyone flips out. I totally understand why people are upset though, but this was probably my top pick with Rex/Pyra.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
While I am not too excited about another Fire Emblem character, I still want to give you my congratulations on getting your character in Smash.

Byleth looks more interesting than I expected. At least Byleth uses different weapons in addition to the sword.

I will try out Byleth and the new Three Houses stage when they come out on January 28.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
As much as I would've preferred Claude or Eldegard it makes since why they would go with Byleth (even if I find his actual character/personality bland) as if the went with one of the house leaders people would complain their favorite got in over the others not to mention they still would go through "Not another Fire Emblem rep!?" that the internet is doing right now with Byleth.

Anyway happy Byleth got added as the Garrag Mach Monastery level looks awesome, Byleth looks fun to play and Im glad they incorporated all the house leaders weapons into his moveset as well as costume alts for them. The Three Houses music is gonna be great to battle to and best of all a Byleth amiibo. Also Im glad Byleth was added to add in hope for First Party characters again. Banjo and Byleth are the only 2 DLC characters I have purchased. So glad I didnt waste my money on the fighters pass and will once again be waiting before blindly popping down $30 for fighters pass 2 that will be released within a long 2 years..

Edit: Oh and Three Houses was my GOTY last year as well so yay!

Last edited:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Tbqh, I wanted Claude. Although I got Failnaught, a Claude color swap, a spirit, and a stage cameo so I can't complain. lmao The same could be said for Edelgard and Dimitri.

Ngl, Byleth turned out to be better than I could have ever imagined. Good s***. Congratulations!

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Funny how the moveset for them was shocking, since its all 3 weapons the students used.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Hey guys. I'm visiting here to congratulate the Byleth fans. Personally I don't care about Fire Emblem, but I'm glad some people were happy today. Congrats!

D

Deleted member

Can we get a F in the chat for Annette doh?

My poor girl wasn't added to the Monastery stage.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Kris is the only Fire Emblem Avatar to:
1) Not be in Fire Emblem Heroes
2) Not be in Smash

Sakurai, please work your magic and give us another FE blue-haired swordsman.

That aside, Byleth was actually one of my most wanted, and I can't believe Sakurai actually put him in. The last time this happened was with Robin in Smash 4. Apex of the World and Paths that will Never Cross are music tracks that are in the game too, which I'm excited about. Might pick up Byleth as a secondary.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Congrats on today's reveal. Lot of people, including myself, argued that Byleth would be really boring but Sakurai did it again and even included the full weapon triangle. Awesome to see your character get so much love.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I said it earlier but Three Houses is a really important game for me so seeing the characters I love, a player avatar I love, cool weapons, and that stage (which was my number one want for any FETH rep) is just so awesome. My only sad note is that most reaction videos will be salty :(

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Congrats, everyone. I haven't played Three Houses (yet), but Byleth's reveal has motivated me to consider looking into it as soon as I'm more financially stable.

Robin was one of my most wanted characters in SSB4 because of their sheer potential. I'm happy to see that Byleth looks to be just as interesting to play as despite not knowing much about 3H.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So I may play FE Three houses, but never could get into the last one I tried, Robin and chroms game. Is this a lot better then that one??

Top Bottom