• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

By The Power Of Jellybeans! A Boy And His Blob For Super Smash Bros!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
image.jpg

A Boy and His Blob!

Who are they?
While they don't have any names, we know that it is normal human boy, and a blob from outer space.
The blob has the ability to transform into different and useful shapes and sizes by eating a..... Jellybean.
And depending on what flavor it is, he will transform into something different.
They are originally from the NES title "A Boy and His Blob: Trouble On Blobania"
In 2009, a Boy ad His Blob was reimagined for the Wii and that is what their appearance should be based on.

Why them?
The original Boy and His Blob was a hidden gem on the NES, and even though they are not very likely, they would definitely make a great addition to the Smash Bros. Roster!

Moveset Potential?
As I said before, the Blob can use Jellybeans to turn into a variety of shapes and sizes, like a ladder, or a hole in the ground.
The Boy can definitely use this to his advantage in battle.

Moveset:
Coming Soon!

Roster Maker Icon:
Coming Soon!

Signature Icon:
Coming Soon!

List of Supporters:
Mega Bidoof
Altais
Sobreviviente
RhymesWithEmpty
GuyBrush20X6

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I bought this game for the Wii and loved it. Although, I have not finished it yet. There is this one bonus stage I am stuck on, and I will not continue the main game until I beat it.

[collapse="Gameplay Spoiler"]It is that one stage where you have to constantly throw the trampoline jelly bean down pits and edges, not being able to see where the hell Blob is, thus not knowing where to land. Very frustrating stage. One wrong move and you are done.[/collapse]

Aside from that, I have found A Boy and His Blob to be a fairly enjoyable and relaxing game. I would definitely recommend it to anyone whom is into puzzles and platformers. And, I would certainly love to see the duo in Super Smash Bros in some form.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Isn't that a third-party game?

I've watched videos of A Boy and his Blob for NES, and it's cool. However, I don't think they have a fighting chance of making it in Smash.

----

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Isn't that a third-party game?

I've watched videos of A Boy and his Blob for NES, and it's cool. However, I don't think they have a fighting chance of making it in Smash.

----
Yes, it is third party.
I know they barely have a chance in smash, but if they got in, they could have a cool and unique igniting style.
And you should watch some footage for the wii version.
It's different and better.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Just...a more expanded OP. I now have a vague idea of who they are, but I still don't understand. I mean, the point of a support thread is to make people want your character, but I don't see anything appealing to me, yet.
just watch this random video review I have found about the wii game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Although the game gets fustratignly hard, and if Wayforward were to contribute character I'd rather it were Shantae, I support this.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
This is definitley one of the best games on the Wii, along with Pikmin 2 and Brawl.

So, despite their major unlikeliness to join, I FULLY support.

And WHY hasn't this thread been revived yet?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom