• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BWAAAAAH - Rabbids for Smash. ! Join the invasion today !

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

Raving Rabbids, known in French as "Lapins Crétins", are sharing the spotlight with Mario in one of the upcoming and most intriguing new Switch title : Mario + Rabbids : Kingdom Battle.

Who are they ?
The Raving Rabbids are creatures who first appeared as Rayman's enemies in the games "Rayman Raving Rabbids" and "Rayman Raving Rabbids 2" developed by Ubisoft. They eventually managed to emancipate themselves and started their own franchise called, simply, "Rabbids".

The Rabbids are rabbit-like creature, often depicted crazy but intelligent enough to create weapons of all kinds and enslave other life forms (as seen in the original Rayman Raving Rabbids). They have no special objective, except of going to the Moon, which is speculated to be their hometown. At first considered evil, they eventually evolved to just become minor annoyances, or even (though rarely) allies for Rayman and, more recently, Mario.

Why choose the Rabbid ?
-Chances are, if you followed the gaming world long enough, that you heard about the Rabbids. Appearing in many games (Thirteen games (!) between 2006 and 2016), in TV shows, in short movies, in comic books and with a long movie in the works, they are far from being unknown.

-The Rabbids are pretty unique. They are a crazy species with thei own special objective which is to go back to the moon, whatever may be the way, as well as funny characters. They would fit without any problem the goofy criteria of the roster. And would add more animals to the game (crazy ones, true, but still animals). We all love animals after all.
They also are smaller than most fighters already present in the game, a plus for their inclusion.

They also have an arsenal of weapons that they may use to attack their enemies, such as the legendary Plunger-Launcher, introduced in the first game they ever appeared, but also the most recent weapons from this game :

Yes, laser-guns, rocket launchers, as well as traps. Plenty of weapons to use for our white monsters !

-They also share a game with Mario, who is, as you probably know, the mascot of Nintendo. That's pretty impressive, little are the characters from other companies who got the chance to be co-starring with the red plumber !

-The question you could ask yourselves is : Do you want to play Rabbids in Smash Bros. ? Many of you may say "No, that's stupid, I'll never play a Bunny !". But you should ask yourselves this instead ; Do you want to play a Smash Bros. game where you can punch a Rabbid ? Indeed, you can either like them or hate them, if they join Smash Bros., you'll be able to do what you want with them. Play or punch them.

What about Rayman ?
As said before, they eventually managed to get away from the Rayman license to become their own thing. Though, as mentioned earlier, they are two different series, and as seen with Ryu and Megaman, they do not make it impossible for the other to join the roster.

And... How would they dress ?
Obviously, you'd get the original rabbid as a choice, but more importantly, you'd get to dress as...

Luigi Rabbid !

Or...

Peach Rabbid !

Who already got their own figurines !

As well as the countless clothes they wore during all those years !

Don't be shy, join us today !

Rabbids got a Mii costume in Smash!

If you want to join the supporter list please precise it in your posts, thanks !
  1. Yoshi-Thomas Yoshi-Thomas
  2. Mendicant Bias
  3. KingCloud
  4. Jason the Yoshi
  5. Wanderer from Roseyard
  6. MIAvoy
  7. Tikivoy
  8. Mrrgle
  9. Mr. Mumbles
  10. Fisher
  11. Russell_SSB
  12. Vingag
  13. SEGAGameBoy
  14. RabbidsinSmash
  15. OreoSmasher777
  16. PublicServant
  17. OnyanRings
  18. Spongeboob
  19. Wario Wario Wario
Credits to KMDP for the list

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I think Sakurai and his team are sane enough to put Rayman before Rabbids. I don't mind them i actually like them and they would be fun characters...maybe too fun that it becomes old quick.

And even if Rayman gets in I think AC would be a better choice even if just cos of its sales. Assist Trophy is defo the best option for them at least fot the foreseeable future. I think rabbids would make a great 3rd ubi rep.....but I'd accept them openly no matter when they come. (Imagine them trolling revealing them first and then a few months later Rayman hahaha pls dont do dat)

But if they do get in I demand a Princess Peach costume. And plungers need to be used at least in 2 moves but no more than 3...unless its a special in which case just the plunger special is good enough.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Someone finally did it LMAO. Knowing Sakurai's trolling streak I now wouldn't be surprised if they show up, even as a way to fool us into thinking Rayman's not gonna be in, then have him come out at the last second while we've all had our meltdowns. XD

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
As a punishment, I put you as the first supporter of the Rabbids.
Well in that case I'll put you down as a supporter for Earthworm Jim and Wario Land Wario. It's only fair.

But to be honest it only counts as support if I actually vote for them in any way and good luck getting that out of me.

D

Deleted member

I'm probably one of the few here that would be more than fine with the Rabbids.

Oh my god, this would be a thousand times worse than Tingle.

>Implying Tingle would be bad in the first place.

You have **** taste. :troll:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly I wouldn't mind this. Not outright ASKING for it, but I wouldn't mind it.

Plus as sacrilegious as it is, I'd find them a lot less boring than Rayman, and think they're fairly likely as far as third parties go.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I support, if only for the possibility of RabbidLuigi being in Smash even if it's an alt.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I really want to try certain Rabbid mobile games but I am NOT paying for them.

The only mobile game I ever payed is Lara croft go which could have easily geot on PC too (i slightly reget not getting on steam despite more expensive haha but oh well. Its a great game).
Honestly I wouldn't mind this. Not outright ASKING for it, but I wouldn't mind it.

Plus as sacrilegious as it is, I'd find them a lot less boring than Rayman, and think they're fairly likely as far as third parties go.
I read the first sentence and liked ur post. Unliked it by the second sentence.XD

I get where ur coming from Rayman. He isnt flashy or anything and would be a punch/kick guy with maybe extra range and magical shooting orbs but i want him cos I like him haha. I find Banjo and some others boring so thats very understandable.

KingCloud

Smash Rookie
NNID
StrifeCake
3DS FC
3947-0980-6286
Switch FC
SW 5598 8373 5106
I highly agree with this.

I had a good time last summer playing an alcoholic version of one of the Rabbids games with some friends. Always loved how the default player names were variations on BWAAAAAAAAH and GWAAAAAAAH.

A playable Rabbid—with each alternate costume being a poor imitation of another Nintendo character—would be enjoyable, but I could also hear the rage of the Rayman fans from halfway around the globe. If nothing else, the Rabbids could appear as Assist Trophy summons or even Smash Run enemies. As long as we can send them flying somehow.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
What are your suggestions for some Rabbids' costumes ?
I thought about ;
-Classic Rabbid
-Mario Rabbid
-Luigi Rabbid
-Yoshi Rabbid
-Peach Rabbid
-Rabbid inspired from Sergueï

-Clark Rabbid
-Professor Barranco

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Count me in for the Rabbids. Excited for Kingdom Battle, and enjoyed the few Rabbid Wii titles I have (somehow finding myself playing them longer than the new Rayman games).

I was also pretty sad they didn't get a trophy in 4.

Mrrgle

Smash Cadet
If it weren't for M+RKB I would've thought this was the dumbest thing, but after that game I'm going to have to support it.

HOOK ME UP ON THAT SUPPORT LIST MY DUDE

MrBill0327

Smash Cadet
because of M+RKB ide say the rabbids are more likely than rayman at this point

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I'm guessing this is the closest thing to a Rabbid Mario support thread as I'm going to find.

I just want to shoot people with a shotgun and have them explode when I hat slide (dash attack) into them. Is that so wrong? Also a vampire hammer would make an awesome smash attack.

Lastly to preempt the nonbelievers "Never tell me the odds."

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Rabbid Peach is the perfect Rabbid choice.

She's vein and shallow allowing her to have plenty of humorous moves, she can use the gun moves from Rabbid Kingdom battle, etc. She's my vote for a joke character.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I was almost there with the “imagine being able to punch a Rabbid” bit, but you know what? I’d rather not punch one if it means I don’t have to hear one.

PsychoJosh

You know, I've been thinking about it, and this could actually be a good reveal for Rayman.

Rabbids show up in a Smash battle, start causing chaos, Rayman shows up and starts doing some serious Bruce Lee flying dragon action on all of them, exterminating them with his bare hands.

He turns to the Nintendo characters and says "RUN!! More are on the way!! They've ruined my franchise and now they're coming for all of yours!!"

And then the rest of the trailer shows him taking rabbids out with extreme prejudice, and he's welcomed into Smash for his heroism against the rabbid menace.

Morbi

Scavenger
The only problem I have is that I love Rabbids Peach. The other ones are just "meh." However, if they guaranteed Rabbids Peach, I might genuinely want that more than Doom Guy. Without it, they sort of plummet to the bottom of my "third party characters with a modicum of realism" chart.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
You know, I've been thinking about it, and this could actually be a good reveal for Rayman.

Rabbids show up in a Smash battle, start causing chaos, Rayman shows up and starts doing some serious Bruce Lee flying dragon action on all of them, exterminating them with his bare hands.

He turns to the Nintendo characters and says "RUN!! More are on the way!! They've ruined my franchise and now they're coming for all of yours!!"

And then the rest of the trailer shows him taking rabbids out with extreme prejudice, and he's welcomed into Smash for his heroism against the rabbid menace.
All these flavors and you choose salty.

Anyway Rabbit Peach would be pretty funny if only to troll Mario Fans with so add me to the list.

PsychoJosh

All these flavors and you choose salty.
I don't even understand how that makes sense in context. I'm not exactly pulling for Rayman either but I'd say he has more of a chance than the Rabbids themselves as he's the main character of the franchise.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I accumulated approx 10 hours on Kingdom Battle in a desperate act to like the game and just couldn't do it. At this point I feel like the Rabbids are a plague and wish they would go away. Playable inclusion in SSB might affect my purchase. Assist Trophy seems very fair.

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
I'll support, though I do think it more likely that we'll get Rayman even though these are separate franchises now, I think it's likely we'll only get one Ubisoft character in Smash 5).
However, because the Rabbids are basically agents of chaos, a fascinating play mechanic would be if sometimes the Rabbid fighter simply didn't listen to your fight commands. You press B and instead the Rabbid taunts, you press jab but instead it does the side B attack, etc. I imagine the Rabbid would be a frustrating though powerful-if-it-works character that most people choose as a joke. Or, like you said, so that everyone can punch a Rabbid.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I do believe that Ubisoft will get a rep this time. They have a really good relationship with Nintendo as of late. If Rayman also got in, I'd be all for Rabbids joining too.

Mario + Rabbids was a surprisingly great game, and hopefully we get a sequel, so bring on the Smash reps. But because of the timing they're more likely DLC. Maybe the normal Rabbid is the main character, then for alts we get Rabbid Peach, Luigi, Mario, Yoshi, Wario, etc.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I'm not a fan of Rabbids personally but I won't boycott the game if they're in.

That said if you want to play a Rabbid in a platform fighting game then you should check out Ninja Turtles Smash Up for the Wii.

It maybe a good source to get movesets from.

Last edited:
Top Bottom