• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Butterfly Effect: The Game aka Modify the Above User's Post!

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I've seen this game on other forums and apparently it used to be here too. So this game is relatively simple: You just have to quote the poster before you, modify it, and then react to it. Then the next person alters the meaning of your post and reacts to it.

Try to limit the number of alterations to 1 word If you have some masterfully beautiful response that requires additional changes, try and keep it at 3 changes max.

And just saying, I did not steal Luig Luig 's idea for the thread title. It is completely original. :p
-----Example-----
Persona 1
I like apples
An apple a day keeps the doctor away!

Persona 2
Persona 1 said:
An apple a day keeps the vampires away!
Silly Persona 1, apples can't stop a vampire. Otherwise Twilight wouldn't be a thing!

Persona 3
Persona 2 said:
Otherwise Twilight wouldn't be so awesome!
You like Twilight? My respect for you just plummeted. :p
-----------------------------------

Remember to be nice and respectful. Poking fun is fine, but being a jerk is not. Alright. Are you ready? Here goes!

"I hope this thread doesn't die."

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
Before we start:
89 numbers

I'm thinking about posting a new game here. It'd be called "Modify the Above User's Post".
The point of the game would be to quote the previous poster and change up a few of the words. You then react to the modified quote. Then the next user changes the meaning of that post, reacts, and the cycle continues. What do you guys think?

Butterfly effect: the game

Hmm, Maybe it's my turn to steal something from you. :troll:

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
I'll start with a pasterino:

ᴛᴏ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴛ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴅᴇᴠᴀsᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ. ᴛᴏ ᴜɴɪᴛᴇ ᴀʟʟ sᴘᴀᴍᴍᴇʀs ᴡɪᴛʜɪɴ ᴏᴜʀ ɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴ. ᴛᴏ ᴅᴇɴᴏᴜɴᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴠɪʟ ᴏғ Tʀᴜᴍᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴏᴅs. ᴛᴏ ᴇxᴛᴇɴᴅ ᴏᴜʀ sᴘᴀᴍ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ. ᴄᴏᴘʏ! ᴘᴀsᴛᴇ! ᴄʜᴀᴛ sᴘᴀᴍ ʙʟᴀsᴛ ᴏғғ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴘᴇᴇᴅ ᴏғ SANIC! sᴜʀʀᴇɴᴅᴇʀ ᴍᴏᴅs ᴏʀ ᴘʀᴇᴘᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴏ PANIC!

Top Bottom