• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Burst Walk Tech

TheSkuxxedOne

Smash Cadet
Wanted to get your thoughts on this tech that I think has been slept on. It's called burst walking, which involves cancelling the initlal frames of your dash into a walk. The benefit, being that you can instantly cancel into your fastest walk speed and use it to bait an attack. I'm curious to know what yall think and whether this is actually viable tech. I'll leave a link to a video I made, breaking it down in more detail -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QngO6cnSMTQ

Fiorello

Smash Rookie
Wanted to get your thoughts on this tech that I think has been slept on. It's called burst walking, which involves cancelling the initlal frames of your dash into a walk. The benefit, being that you can instantly cancel into your fastest walk speed and use it to bait an attack. I'm curious to know what yall think and whether this is actually viable tech. I'll leave a link to a video I made, breaking it down in more detail -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QngO6cnSMTQ
I like this tech. I think it has somewhat limited usefulness but it’s easy to perform and it does have some uses.
I would actually say that one of the best things about it is that, for some characters, it seems to drastically increase your initial dash distance allowing you to sort of slide in a little further than you would with a single dash. It can mix your opponent up if they think they’re out of your range because a single dash won’t reach them.
If you get really good at it it makes your dash dancing look really cool but I don’t think it actually benefits you all that much to do it a lot.

Top Bottom