• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Burnt by Fox's Up-B start up

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
As a Jigglypuff, I am getting better at dealing with this fiery f**ker, but I can't seem to be able to finish him off. In many cases, the Fox will up-B above the ledge and I would jump to him and try to fair him. What ends up happening is that I get burnt by Firefox startup, then he rams into me during the recovery which gives him full stage control. Time to time, this would actually kill me. I don't have enough time to dash back and jump to bair him as he will just go to the ledge, platform or straight for the center of the stage.

What can I do to gimp Fox during his Up-B? I'm losing kills because of my lack of knowing how to deal with his fire and ridiculous recovery.

Last edited:

BlueNinja

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1521-6720-5233
If he goes for the ledge, try to down smash him. This very hard but it is safe, keeps stage control, and will usually kill fox because he will struggle getting back to stage because of the angle. Also try using nair because the hitbox is lower.

Last edited:

MKarma

Smash Cadet
Space your aerials better or time it during the frames where there's no hitbox on the upb. Shouldn't you ask this on the puff section anyway?

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know his up-b's hitbox was on and off.

Not necessarily, usually a question against a character can be done in the forum about the character or the one you're using. But I'll report this post to get it changed.

rivers

Smash Cadet
I didn't know his up-b's hitbox was on and off.
this is how the armada shine works, there's no fire hitbox on the 10 frames before the firefox launches fox

alternatively just space your aerials better

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Threaten to cover side-b with fair. Then ... (by the way, you can hold the opposite way you're facing to turnaround in your double jump) turn and bair if he uses up-b.

rivers

Smash Cadet
If he goes for the ledge, try to down smash him. This very hard but it is safe, keeps stage control, and will usually kill fox because he will struggle getting back to stage because of the angle. Also try using nair because the hitbox is lower.
honestly if fox is firefoxing to ledge and you're in a situation where you could possibly downsmash but not go offstage to snuff the recovery, a better option is dair imo.

Unless they're sweetspotting ledge, dair is easier and safer, and it sets up being able to go down and kill them after.

Top Bottom