• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

strike42

Smash Journeyman
Discord killed smashboards.
Reddit and discord honestly.

I miss the days when people used forums to discuss stuff, you could keep track of info and talk to people. Now stuff just gets lost in a giant discord chat.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know, I wonder if the reason why Incineroar didn't even come with a stage (despite having S/M music) is partially so they could have a Gen 8 Pokémon arrive with a Galar stage via DLC later on. Out of every series in Smash, Pokémon's among the few to consistently get at least one new stage in every installment, so this is an unusual situation.

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
You know, I wonder if the reason why Incineroar didn't even come with a stage (despite having S/M music) is partially so they could have a Gen 8 Pokémon arrive with a Galar stage via DLC later on. Out of every series in Smash, Pokémon's among the few to consistently get at least one new stage in every installment, so this is an unusual situation.
you might be right, it is strange that incineroar didn't have a stage with him at all unlike the past games

SmashNStache

Smash Cadet
Finally have been able to play this again after a long period of being busy and, yep, I still love playing as the big fire cat! Sad to see things slowing down here but I guess the DLC cycle's got everyone occupied! Which is fairly understandable.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think, for the most part, people have figured out everything they can do with the base cast so all the excitement is over the new and upcoming stuff. Incineroar is still loads of fun to play and it's fun to see it go up against the new challengers.

AinsOoalGown

Smash Apprentice
Incineroar is just really fun to use. In previous smash games I'd never stick around to much to a single fighter since I played mostly for fun, so in a way I think Incineroar could be considered my first "main". Wrestler Tiger is just too cool of an idea too

SmashNStache

Smash Cadet
Been away from the anime for a while but decided to look into what I've missed. Pretty impressed that Ash actually won this league (and of course, kudos to Lycanroc for netting him the win).

Looks like we've got an episode with Incineroar coming up, too. I'm really hoping we'll get a Torracat vs. Incineroar match. What do you all think are the chances of the former evolving here?

AinsOoalGown

Smash Apprentice
Been away from the anime for a while but decided to look into what I've missed. Pretty impressed that Ash actually won this league (and of course, kudos to Lycanroc for netting him the win).

Looks like we've got an episode with Incineroar coming up, too. I'm really hoping we'll get a Torracat vs. Incineroar match. What do you all think are the chances of the former evolving here?
I really hope it happens. Dunno how probable it is but Torracat evolving in its last battle after Incineroar took down most of the rest of the team would be the perfect ending to the battle and to its character arc, since Incineroar was his inspiration from when they first met. The team would also look really good with Incineroar+Naganadel+Melmetal+Lycanrok

AinsOoalGown

Smash Apprentice
I'm SO glad that Ash's Torracat has evolved!! And in one of the best battles of the entire series no less!!

Now Incineroar feels like one of Ash's strongest pokemon ever, and alongside of Greninja, Charizard, Pikachu, and Squirtle is the half of Smash's pokemon that Ash has.

Also glad that it still oozes personality!!

SmashNStache

Smash Cadet
Same here! It is a little unfortunate that Incineroar hasn't gotten to do much (yet, hopefully), but I'm honestly just happy that Torracat's whole story had a good resolution!

Hopefully the big fire cat'll have a role to play in the next episode or the next series!

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
Does Revenge still true combo into Dash Attack?

I've been hearing mixed reports on it, so I just wanna see it from some Roar players.
The increased knockback removed the combo, sadly, although apparently it wasn’t actually true in the first place, but still a loss of a useful mixup is not great. The other buffs to Incin outweigh this for me however, I love having F-Air be an actual kill move now.

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
The increased knockback removed the combo, sadly, although apparently it wasn’t actually true in the first place, but still a loss of a useful mixup is not great. The other buffs to Incin outweigh this for me however, I love having F-Air be an actual kill move now.
Alright thanks!

1FC0

Smash Lord
Did the Smash development team know about Dynamaxing? Because all Dynamax moves are named with Max in front of them, just like Max Malicious Moonsault. Or is it just a coincidence that the Smash developer team decided to use the same prefix?

Last edited:

melto

Smash Rookie
Did the Smash development team know about Dynamaxing? Because all Dynamax moves are named with Max in front of them, just like Max Malicious Moonsault. Or is it just a coincidence that the Smash developer team decided to use the same prefix?
Coïncidence i think because, they would make Incineroar become bigger during the effect of Max Malicious Moonsault

1FC0

Smash Lord
Coïncidence i think because, they would make Incineroar become bigger during the effect of Max Malicious Moonsault
I think that you're right. It's probably just because all words start with "N".

SmashNStache

Smash Cadet
It's been a while! I figured since we now know all 5 characters on the Fighters Pack (with 6 more coming), I thought I'd check in and see how you've all been!

Flik

Smash Journeyman
It's been a while! I figured since we now know all 5 characters on the Fighters Pack (with 6 more coming), I thought I'd check in and see how you've all been!
Well, I still play as Incineroar as much as I play some of my other favorite characters :)
Recently did a World of Light Nuzlocke challenge and he was the star of the final battle (RIP, though :( )

SmashNStache

Smash Cadet
Yeah, it is a little sad to see things haven't been very active on here. I guess most of the attention's on the DLC right now.

MA_DA_Oh

Smash Cadet
I want one Pokemon to make a tag team with Incineroar: Cirderace for Team Fire, Rillaboom for Big Bois Bros. Any more ideas? :bluejump:
Rillaboom would look cool alongside it because then you have a gorilla and a tiger and both are performers. It already does one with Greninja too (Bulky and Speedy/Fire Water/Power and Finesse)

I hate the fact this thread is dead as hell.
I looked up and its still more active than a ton of other threads by far, poor Plant has months more of inactivity for example, even old veterans in high tiers like Pikachu his one is dead since May. I think this place seems to talk more about the dlcs added and the ones who may be added in the future in general so the newer stuff is more active in general

Last edited:

MA_DA_Oh

Smash Cadet
Version 8.0 is out and it seems some buff came along our main: en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49877
Thats the official page, I will paste the character buffs here if someone happens to be lurking and want to see it:

Up Smash Attack: Extended launch distance.

Grab Attack: Increased the speed for grabs, dash grabs, and turning and grabbing.

Forward Throw: Extended launch distance.

Side Special: Increased the speed of grabs.
Extended launch distance for when the Lariat hits.

Down Special: Reduced vulnerability.
Increased the power up amount when the move succeeds.

edit: missed one

Last edited:

AinsOoalGown

Smash Apprentice
Just got reminded of Mucha Lucha today. Wreslting themed characters in other media are neat, like also Incineroar and El Tigre

Top Bottom