• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

Whitephoenixace

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7304-2300-4542
Whats the difference between heavy and super armor (sorry im kinda new to indepth smash). I know aide b has heavy armor but sometimes i see it protect me and sometimes it doesnt. I know incine up has super armor but sometimes i get still get spiked or knocked out of it. So is there some dmg limit where u can get hit out of it ? And does heavy armor maybe only work till a cetain percent?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Whats the difference between heavy and super armor (sorry im kinda new to indepth smash). I know aide b has heavy armor but sometimes i see it protect me and sometimes it doesnt. I know incine up has super armor but sometimes i get still get spiked or knocked out of it. So is there some dmg limit where u can get hit out of it ? And does heavy armor maybe only work till a cetain percent?
That's exactly the difference between heavy and super armour; heavy can fail if you take too much knockback (which means it gets less effective the more damage you have), super armour never fails to negate hitstun.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Hate when a character has a lot of cool stuff going for them, but then their neutral is ass.
Heck even Ganon has a zone breaking tool in this game.

Whitephoenixace

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7304-2300-4542
Hate when a character has a lot of cool stuff going for them, but then their neutral is ***.
Honestly theyneed to make darkest lariat a better projectile stopping tool. Maybe give it reflect properties like robs side b. Also let him keep invinicibility in the air so he can better deal with swords

Pakky

Smash Hero
Found out that

:ultganondorf: vs:ultincineroar: is almost like playing against yourself.

Though :ultincineroar: hits harder imo.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Honestly theyneed to make darkest lariat a better projectile stopping tool. Maybe give it reflect properties like robs side b. Also let him keep invinicibility in the air so he can better deal with swords
He also needs to be a bit faster. Ye buff DL. Give it less cooldown also

Lions’s Sin of Pride

Smash Rookie
Hate when a character has a lot of cool stuff going for them, but then their neutral is ***.
Couldn’t agree more! The moment I unlocked him I immediately started using him and fell in love with him. At first he was quit dominant but now that the meta has progressed his game has fallen a little.

Something I wish they could maybe change is the whole Revenge being taken away from a grab. Instead, why not change the duration of it based off the amount he’s absorbed. For instance
0-12%: 5 seconds
12-24%: 10 seconds
24-35%: 15 seconds
That’s just an example so don’t torch me for it (no pun intended).

Other than that I think that would be the only thing I would personally change.

It would make him an even bigger threat on stage if they know how to control it which would compensate for his horrendous ledge/recovery game.

What's up with the GSP? Each day I gain like 60k for no reason.

Anyways, what's you guys GSP with Roar? Mine is 1mil862k atm, which I think is very high?

I feel much better about Incineroar. I'm sorry for my rant the other day. I improved, and I feel like I understand Incineroar's game plan and neutral much better. I 'm more consistent with his combos, kill percents, etc.
I stand on the fact that Incineroar has some really bad matchups though. The worst ones, imo, being Palutena, Samuses, Sonic, Fox, Captain Falcon. Maybe others. Swordies are hard to deal with, but if it's stuff like Chrom, it's very easy to bait them to Braindead Nair and just Nair them yourself from above if they do.

I love Incineroar so much. Bowser has always been my main but I feel like Incineroar is so much more fun to play. Much more stylish, much more personality, amazing chara design overall (not to say Bowser doesn't have an incredible chara design he's my favorite character of all time)...
And I will try to improve more. Thank you guys for the kind answers to my rant. Lol
I'm at 1.66M gsp... Still no elite though! D:
(Zero is at around 1.75M, so 1.86 is pretty nuts)

The more I play Incineroar, the more I fall in love with him. I use bair/fair for spacing a lot, mixed up with double jumps. Uair to prevent landing is so strong. Revenge any time they get too aggressive. I try to hold the center of the stage and push outwards slowly, which makes the alolan whip that much more threatening.
I have my Incine sitting at 3.22M! Unlocked him and immediately tried him out... instant love! Growing a love-hate relationship now though because as the meta is developing I feel like people are finding out just how to beat him.

Last edited:

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles

Pakky

Smash Hero
Okay this is opening up old sores but I just can't get over this mental hump.

Gotta be honest I don't see how the owl isn't or wouldn't end up being :ultfalco: or :ultbayonetta:

-Following up combos with projectiles mixed in :ultbayonetta::ultbayonetta1:

-Bird physiology with a stunning projectile :ultfalco:

Its a ghost but it doesn't act like a ghost in any piece of media I've seen, it can't become intangible.

Pokken is really flaccid with his moveset. (Subjective but I don't see anything that STANDS out.)

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Sakurai, give Incineroar more movement speed! He has the tools but lacks the speed!

D

Deleted member

Why is Incineroar still the only non-DLC character without an icon in the Character Discussion list?

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
And you don't think they'll take away those tools for the speed you crave?
No i mean making him as fast as ganondorf would do WONDERS, and if you make it as DDD, he is high tier for sure.

The rest of his toolkit is excelent. Only buff he needs is that horrendous movement speed and just a tad faster.

Lions’s Sin of Pride

Smash Rookie
So, incase you guys haven’t checked it out yet... our boy in the ring got a few buffs. Not the buffs he needed but still a buff is a buff, right? Lol okay

Up Smash: “Extended launch distance”
So this move is a super kill move now!

U-Air: “Shortened the amount of time you cannot grab edges after using this move”
I guess the move had too much ending lag in the air and people would often end up SDing because of it.

D-Air: “Shortened the Landon time after using this move”
Less landing lag! AWESOME!

Up Throw: “extended launch distance”
I always thought this move killed anyway but now it really kills I guess.

And for the best one imo!!!!
Up Special: “Extended vertical and horizontal distance”
Haven’t tested it out yet but I always thought it was too short. So with this it’ll make him maybe a little less likely to be so easily gimped.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
D-Air: “Shortened the Landon time after using this move”
Less landing lag! AWESOME!
Was poking around for clarifications on this one. Effectively what this means is that the landing lag autocancel window has been extended. The amount of landing lag is actually identical though. Haven't found any frame data though.

Lions’s Sin of Pride

Smash Rookie
Was poking around for clarifications on this one. Effectively what this means is that the landing lag autocancel window has been extended. The amount of landing lag is actually identical though. Haven't found any frame data though.
Ah gotcha! Thank you for that! I appreciate the patch notes but some were still a little vague for my understanding XD

Browny

Smash Hater
Can confirm cross chop oos does a lot of mental damage, at least to players who aren't full-time competitive and have the mental strength to simply acknowledge a good option. No one likes getting hit for 18% with an out of shield attack that can KO <100.

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
So an Incineroar just made top 32 at Genesis 6, the first super-major tournament of Ultimate's long lifespan.

We're on the map, guys.

edit: He was eliminated at 25th place; still damn impressive for a solo Heel main.

Last edited:

Whitephoenixace

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7304-2300-4542
So an Incineroar just made top 32 at Genesis 6, the first super-major tournament of Ultimate's long lifespan.

We're on the map, guys.

edit: He was eliminated at 25th place; still damn impressive for a solo Heel main.
Yh he seems really good qith him as well. Anywherr i could watch his matches cause i only found the one where he demolished a zelda on youtube.

Whitephoenixace

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7304-2300-4542
So can confirm that dthrow to up b still true conbos despite the height increase. Also i tahbkfully sd less cause hegitb increase (save for when i go in the opposite dorection and right through thr stage. Smh

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
So all this talk about who has the strongest Bthrow in the game. I made some testing to find out for myself.

Ness' Bthrow wins easily over Inci's Bthrow... Without rage.
But, with max rage, Inci's wins easily.

With max rage, at the ledge, no DI, Ness kills Mario at 80%, while the Cat kills him at 55%.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
How do u guys feel about Ftilt? I find myself almost never using it. Only sometimes at the ledges.
Am I missing out on something? Any properties that are cool about it?

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
How do u guys feel about Ftilt? I find myself almost never using it. Only sometimes at the ledges.
Am I missing out on something? Any properties that are cool about it?
I love ftilt. It's like a smash that's slightly faster than his other smashes. Plus if you pivot cancel, he gets a nice slide with it. But mainly when I don't think I can get one of his slower punishes in.

BlueJaySSB

Poggers my Doggers
Quick question y'all. Not including Warioware, what are Incin's best stages(worst stages would help too)? I have a pocket Incin I use every now and then but I don't have a ton of experience to know all his best picks. Any info is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
Yo, is the move set in the first post even real?

None of it makes sense.

Holy crap I just realized it was posted in 2017.

What even is this thread?

Someone needs to update the original post badly.

I havnt seen such a disheveled smashboards character page in years.

D

Deleted member

....you came into what was formerly the support thread pre-November and complain about the front post being in support thread format.

What is wrong with you?

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Would love to know what everyone thinks of stages for wrestle cat. It seems like big stages are bad because he's so slow and can't actually cover the ground, but I'm hesitant to play on smaller stages since a higher proportion of hits will push you offstage leading to edgeguard situations.

Top Bottom