• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

UserKev

Smash Champion
People are still butthurt over Incineroar. Hahaha Incineroar is actually a brilliant fit and feels canon and original to Smash. The haters are giving it what it needed and how Incineroar got into Smash.

Edit.

Someone post the Sweet Victory theme.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Here's a video showcasing Incineroar's shiny-based alt. Not the best gameplay and the Incineroar player loses due to stage jank, but its still worth watching for data at least.

That match was pretty disappointing. It's unfortunate that the transition from one stage to the next can hinder a player.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Probably why professional players will quickly ban stage morphs. Shame, I love the idea behind it.

Anyhoo, found this treasure of a picture and just couldn't help myself.

View attachment 175389
#Team Dark

Seriously though I get the argument for the owl technically having a personality, but it falls on death ears when the foundation for it is literally one dex entry from one out of the four games in gen 7.

Guys are we having a celebration tourney?

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't think we have to take dunks on Decidueye. It's poor form. I was originally a Decidueye supporter but I eventually realized Incineroar would also be perfectly enjoyable. I'm sure many are in the same boat of liking both.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I don't think we have to take dunks on Decidueye. It's poor form. I was originally a Decidueye supporter but I eventually realized Incineroar would also be perfectly enjoyable. I'm sure many are in the same boat of liking both.
Its not a dunk to Deci. It was so praised that no other gen 7 rep mattered as comparison to it. Incineroar was in the doubted league but climbed from the bottomed while Deci had a head start.

I Liked the post cause honestly.

slambros

Smash Ace
I think it's good that Incineroar was the Pokemon representative chosen for the game because many of the other standout choices were already playable in Pokken Tournament. I'm happy that someone who wasn't included in that game was creatively applied to Smash. It keeps things a little bit more interesting on all fronts.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I liked both Decidueye and Incineroar and it could've honestly went either way, though I am glad that Incineroar did make the cut since he isn't in pokken

D

Deleted member

Can't wait to get the game and play. My Joy-Con is busted so might be a while before I do. But once that's fixed all is go.

Once I unlock Incineroar can't wait to play with it.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord

Follow the guy in the red knee pads, Incineroar needs this move

This wasn’t posted here befor was it?

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not gonna lie, I am kind of cool with Incineroar now. Yes it was a huge let down to see the Grinch leak being fake, and yes it did make me dislike the reveal trailer a lot mostly because Vergeben also confirmed Isaac being a AT, but yeah, Incineroar himself looks like a fun character. And I always wanted a feline fire starter Pokemon, my prefered feline would've been a lion however, but I'll take what I can get. He's a great meme character, not being a actual fighting type and all. And as I always said, he's a far better choice than Decidueye. So yeah, congrats to you all. He seems legitimately fun, might try him out a bit even.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Important for historical documentation...

Red and Green for life

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Thought I would post this for Iridium Iridium

If this is what the alts are inspired by that’s great detail

But really the purple one is closer to big the cat from sonic

And another is the shiny colors

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Important for historical documentation...

Red and Green for life
I mean, they are complimentary colors right?
And K. Rool kinda represents the fan picks while Incineroar represents the relevance picks...
I like the little rivalry they have...

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I just realized something. Incineroar is hated because he is seen as the character that crushed the dreams of all the other potential fighters (even if he has nothing to do with it) and their is generally a lot of hate thrown his way. which means...

He actually is the Heel of smash bros. THAT IS PERFECT!!

honestly I think he looks awesome. as a huge Zangief fan Sakurai's Red Cyclone reference made me happy. and it makes me happy to see smash get a true Grappler. also he basically taunts after every hit he lands and that is awesome and hilarious xD I'm gonna have fun playing him :D

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Follow the guy in the red knee pads, Incineroar needs this move

This wasn’t posted here befor was it?
OMG YES!

They should've made this a throw just so all of the TNA fans can mark out to the Canadian Destroyer

...but I was expecting Incineroar to get the F-5 at some point :p

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Could I say something about how it don't really use fire in it's moves? (oh funny people say it's so boring with fire )

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
You know, I was mostly disconnected from the support threads this time around, but it seemed like conventional wisdom that a Gen 7 Pokemon would be included. Didn't know who, didn't care who; that kind of thing.

And then I saw the Direct.

I am now determined to make my housemate hate when I play this character. Cheers.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I do notice something with the general thread unless I’m mistakening

The salt for incineroar reduced immensely ever since the reveal just like piranha plant

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I do notice something with the general thread unless I’m mistakening

The salt for incineroar reduced immensely ever since the reveal just like piranha plant
Aurdrey II sacrificed herself, so that Incineroar could get some fans... and it worked...

Still seeing a lot of people who wanted Decidueye instead though...

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
OMG YES!

They should've made this a throw just so all of the TNA fans can mark out to the Canadian Destroyer

...but I was expecting Incineroar to get the F-5 at some point :p
Might be weird for his build. But instead of your opponent coming back to you after you hit them into the tightropes, they should of got caught in it so you could give them a 619.

StormC

Smash Hero
Aurdrey II sacrificed herself, so that Incineroar could get some fans... and it worked...

Still seeing a lot of people who wanted Decidueye instead though...
I would have been perfectly happy with either, but the more I see Incineroar the more I realize he really was meant to be in Smash.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I bet Incineroar and K. Rool would be great friends. They seem like such a natural pairing, you know? They're both antagonistic, they love to show off in the ring in front of the audience, and they have loved ones (in Incineroar's case, he loves children, while K. Rool has a wife).
Incinerool.jpg

Top Bottom