• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I'm over my disappointment now and ready to take the L.

As someone who REALLY wanted the Grinch leak to be real, all I can say now is... Congratulations.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Congratulations Incin fans, you guys got you’re favorite in!

Honestly, the moment I saw the ring, I knew Incineroar would get in. Sadly though, I didn’t get interested in him and he looks kinda weird for me.

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
Man, I am really happy that Incineroar made it in, he looks great! and i love the personality he gives off! definitely going to be using him alot!

congrats for the active supporters! i know i supported him, but i was mostly dormant during the speculation up to this point, so extra props to those who held down the fort and stood their ground against the naysayers!

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Obligatory congrats was pulling for a Grinch Leak Incineroar combo, but what can you do?

KatKit

Smash Lord
Incineroar reminds me of Juan from Guacamelee, but he's a cat with fire powers and a heel. There's... so much to like. I usually don't care for Pokemon until I play them, but this character is undoubtedly cool and has a lot of personality. Congrats to those who supported him from the beginning. I'm definitely considering to add him as a secondary at the very least. I can't wait to break backs wrestling-style like I'm Bane or something lol.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Talk about a Cinderella Story. It's been a blast seeing 'Roar climb from the most-hated from the starter leak to the King of VGC to Smash to rub elbows with the biggest icons in gaming, it feels so good to be a fan from the very start.

I can now say I know what Ridley and K. Rool fans feel like when their favorites got revealed. I have to admit, the Grinch Hoax had knocked the wind out of my sails and I was fully expecting be let down (not that the abundance of characters is a bad thing). Then the ring showed up and I was hoping Sakurai wasn't going to troll me with only Ken. Seeing those eyes in background brought up my hope and when Incineroar dropped in, I was overjoyed to see that magnificent beast make it. I can live with the counter, I can live with the Box Theory being confirmed, I got my cat and that's all I can ask for.

DerErlenkonig

Smash Cadet
I'm personally very disappointed Grass (and poor Isaac) has been shafted as it always is in favor of a notably controversial Fire Starter. It's pretty disheartening.

However, I'm glad fans of his are happy. Enjoy the victory lads, I'm happy for you guys.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Talk about a Cinderella Story. It's been a blast seeing 'Roar climb from the most-hated from the starter leak to the King of VGC to Smash to rub elbows with the biggest icons in gaming, it feels so good to be a fan from the very start.

I can now say I know what Ridley and K. Rool fans feel like when their favorites got revealed. I have to admit, the Grinch Hoax had knocked the wind out of my sails and I was fully expecting be let down (not that the abundance of characters is a bad thing). Then the ring showed up and I was hoping Sakurai wasn't going to troll me with only Ken. Seeing those eyes in background brought up my hope and when Incineroar dropped in, I was overjoyed to see that magnificent beast make it. I can live with the counter, I can live with the Box Theory being confirmed, I got my cat and that's all I can ask for.
This may be a controversial opinion, but the Grinch leak shouldn't have happened. Were it the case, people would have been pleasantly surprised by some of the announced features, instead of being let down yet again. Sakurai wasn't joking about not expecting too many newcomers. I'm curious as to who made the Grinch leak for attention.

I'm personally very disappointed Grass (and poor Isaac) has been shafted as it always is in favor of a notably controversial Fire Starter. It's pretty disheartening.

However, I'm glad fans of his are happy. Enjoy the victory lads, I'm happy for you guys.
Isaac did get to live in a way, at least. Got saved from having his series cut out of Smash period.

Also, Ray/CR in general, but that's a different kettle of fish.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Man I really hope we can get this thread moved over to Incineroar's new forum soon. I'm so stoked for the guy, I'm really hoping he's main material for me since I love grappler-type characters.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Kudos to all Incineroar supporters. I always thought that if we did get a Pokémon newcomer, it would be either Incineroar or Decidueye. That said, I personally wasn't surprised. Though I could tell right away that he wasn't going to be mine type of fighter, I nevertheless like his moveset.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I can't wait to t-pose and German Suplex EVERYONE. I love that he taunts after every move. The only way to get me away from my number one want, Simon? Add a ****ING WRESTLER!! What a great trailer too. So happy we got the dual trailer.

Gekkouga

Smash Cadet
damn Incineroar and Greninja look so good together. It's a clash of two entirely different fighting styles and of course the water/fire duality. Can't wait to try the Roar.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I marked the **** out when the German Suplex was revealed

Now I need to make Incineroar a top tier character

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Bah Gawd, King thats gotta be Incineroar! Incineroar is here!

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Incineroar looks amazing. I love how detailed his fur is and he's as expressive and fun as I hoped. after K. Rool and Ridley, I'm most excited about him.

Makotoa

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
2720-1558-5025
Yall, please tell me someone has started an Incineroar Character Discord group already, I need to be part of that asap XD

Also I'm totally making fan art, I'm still in disbelief my number 1 pick made it in ;A;

D

Deleted member

Incineroar looks amazing with it's combination of moves Germen Suplex, Giant swing, Darkest Lariat, Cross Chop ECT.

Can't wait to main it.

Glad it got in.

Klimax

Smash Ace
He'll probably be my secondary main (sorry but I HAVE to main K Rool). And damn, that German Suplex looks good.

Gameguy1996

Smash Apprentice
Congrats everyone. All of the supporters kept hope even through the whole grinch drama. I'm really liking Incineroar's moveset and he fits in so while next to Greninja.

UserKev

Smash Champion
There is actual gameplay footage of Incineroar. I'm calling it, Incineroar is going to be high tier. He's powerful and well animated. The only downside to his move set, his recovery, which is still useful on stage.

I'm hyped, bruh.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Wanted to pop in and congratulate you guys on your win! I was very neutral on Incineroar, but seeing him in action turned me around. Playing as a wrestling heel is both hilarious and awesome.

Also with Smash fans being, well, Smash fans I know a ton of people are giving you **** and being utterly whiny and entitled douchebags because their fake leak wasn't real. Let me tell you something as a man that loved the Star Wars Prequels throughout the 2000's (still do) and the Star Wars Sequels now, and has to deal with the massive hatedoms almost constantly.

**** the haters. You know what you like, and don't ever let anyone shame you for enjoying what you enjoy. Just laugh and drink their salty tears as you have the time of your life playing as your wrestler cat Pokemon.

For the first time I'm actually feeling kinda hype for Incineroar. Which is pretty crazy all things considered since I don't really care about Pokemon reps, but from seeing him in action now I see why Sakurai chose him. Personality out the wazoo with that one.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As the old owner of the Decidueye thread, and someone who also really likes Incineroar...man am I happy he's in. The only disappointment is that there's no Alola stage to go with him!

Also what is it with characters having ridiculously fun looking side specials? Inkling, Ridley, Isabelle...now Incineroar too.

Dibble

Smash Cadet
Hey congrats guys! It's pretty funny this is the only support thread besides Ken's that's not left in absolute shambles, so uh I guess that's a plus too.
I will admit my stance on Incineroar was... less than neutral beforehand, but now that I've seen him in action he looks pretty interesting and fits in like a charm with the rest of the smash cast. I love his wrestler poses after moves, it's great characterisation. Granted I did expect such a reaction from myself if he did make it in, and he is in, and he's looking pretty good.

Top Bottom