• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bug Fables 1.1 Patch coming November 5th

bug-fables.jpg

Bug Fables, the debut game from publisher Dangen Entertainment and developer Moonsprout Games is on its first year anniversary. What makes for a good anniversary? Releasing a new patch. What does this new patch contain? Quite a lot, including,
  • Coveted Dash ability when exploring
  • New quests
  • New bosses
  • New characters
  • Mystery Mode (Randomizer)
  • New Storage
The expansive 1.1 patch will release for free on November 5th for all platforms. Want more information? Moonsprout Games told fans to stay tuned. Given the release in a week, it won't be long. The 1.1 Patch trailer can be viewed here,

Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling is available for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. It's currently 25% off on GOG, itch.io, and Steam

Author's note: What do you think? I think I'll be finally picking up a copy on Steam. My friends are surprised that I don't own two copies yet, let alone one! Looking forward to chatting more about this game.

Credits
Writing ( Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa )
Editing ( Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa )

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

D
This game's great - if anyone wants a game in the style of the original Paper Mario or Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door, I'd strongly recommend picking it up.
Can I ask who, if anyone, is the "main" protagonist, so to speak? I've been trying to figure out how a character from this game would work in Smash and I still haven't found an answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I ask who, if anyone, is the "main" protagonist, so to speak? I've been trying to figure out how a character from this game would work in Smash and I still haven't found an answer.
A case could likely be made for any of them. Seeing as Vi (the bee) and Kabbu (the beetle) are the first characters that you play as, and you don't unlock Leif (the moth) until later (a few minutes later, but it might make a difference), those two might be your best pick. However, I could see them being a variation on the Ice Climbers, where you play as one of them (Vi, maybe?) and the other two follow around and assist with attacks. So if you use the side special, Kabbu temporarily goes out front as he charges forward with the others following behind, or if you use the neutral special, Leif temporarily goes to the front to use an ice attack.

That might be a bit too complicated, though. Out of the characters (if I had to pick one), Kabbu seems to have the most attack options, but unlike the other two, he doesn't have a way to get around in the air (Vi has to carry him), so his recovery wouldn't be great.

Last edited:
D
Out of the characters (if I had to pick one), Kabbu seems to have the most attack options, but unlike the other two, he doesn't have a way to get around in the air (Vi has to carry him), so his recovery wouldn't be great.
Maybe Kabbu could be the playable character and Vi could be his Up B?

Maybe Kabbu could be the playable character and Vi could be his Up B?
Yeah, that could work; it wouldn't be the first time where a character summoned others out of nowhere for specials. (Peach and Daisy with Toad, Robin and the Animal Crossing characters with their final smashes, and likely others that I can't think of)

I've always been tempted by this game but just can't pull the trigger... too many games to play in so little time, and next-gen is already creeping up. Another Crusade will be my dosage of classic Mario RPG.

Last edited:
D
I've always been tempted by this game but just can't pull the trigger... too many games to play in so little time, and next-gen is already creeping up. Another Crusade will be my dosage of classic Mario RPG.
It's an absolute gem of a game that simply exudes charm, so I'd highly recommend picking it up eventually. It's currently my game of the year.

Small nitpick , but the "MYSTERYY?" randomizer was available in the previous version , you just couldn't select the seed , and one badge that shouldn't be in the randomizer queue ended up in it.
Otherwise Bug Fables is a fantastic game , and honestly , a god to honest fantastic new and fresh take on the Paper Mario formula.

Can't wait to get annhilated by Team Slacker and HoloTanjerin in this new patch.

Um yes I think I will boot up my 100%ed file to play some more, thank you.

I recommend Bug Fables on account of being a finished product.

Seems like a cool game. What does this update have to do with smash though :)
likely not much outside of fueling the rampant speculators, I could see the trio making a pretty fun Assist Trophy someday, for instance, but that's all I can contribute on that front...

considering how little news there is on the Smash Bros front, I personally don't mind a little off news to keep things going here.

I've played a bit of the update - there are three new quests, one of which involves the bonus boss fight against Team Slacker. Thankfully, much like the post-game bonus boss, losing doesn't count as a game over, so you can get their Spy info even if you don't win, and losing still marks the quest as complete. They don't seem as difficult to fight as the post-game bonus boss, but they're pretty close.

I bet this game is better than Origami King... I like Origami King, but just couldn't get over the halfway hump with it; by the Toad hieroglyphics in the desert I pretty much just had enough.

Top Bottom