• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Buffs (or nerfs i guess) you would like to see for Duck hunt in the upcoming balance patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
Hmm... reduced end lag on clay pigeons and gunmen? That'd be nice...

Edit: Unlikely, but I'd love if they made it so you could cancel out of up-B like Dedede.

Last edited:

Dj.D

Smash Apprentice
I would like clay pigeons to be thrown out a little sooner/faster.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I want to have Duck Hunt have more damage for his tilts, especially is forward tilt.
Also his Dair needs less landing lag.

Diamond DHD

Smash Journeyman
Less landing lag overall on all aerials, especially nair.
Side-smash either guaranteed to connect or should kill earlier (so at least there's a risk/reward).
Uair should kill earlier.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Less landing lag would be nice, but I would be happier to see his Smashes become more reliable. I'm quite sick of going for a kill and just pushing them away a little.

Hit 1 and 2 of Fsmash should string into hit 3 with no issue.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Less landing lag on aerials. Good golly that Nair and Dair landing lag...

Maybe some more potent killing options. For killing, I mainly find myself killing with a F-air, B-air, U-air, or N-air.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Less landing lag overall on all aerials, especially nair.
Side-smash either guaranteed to connect or should kill earlier (so at least there's a risk/reward).
Uair should kill earlier.
Yeah, I had to take a lose for the smash attacks not connecting. And think his main kill moves are Dair Uair Down smash...

Last edited:

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
The odd smash is weird. Is there any other character in the game that can't count on a smash when they make contact?

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
The Down B needs to be a lot quicker, more powerful, and have a larger hitbox, I'd say. Duck Hunt Duo are quite a difficult pair to get to understand, and I'm not as clued up about them as I am with other fighters, but I wouldn't think I'm wrong in saying that the Down B feels a little irrelevant.
I personally would like too see less landing lag after aerials :4duckhunt:
I do agree here. The Dair should maybe have less ending lag also, as DHD's recovery isn't as good as most think.

ActionShot

Smash Cadet
NNID
Actionshot35
The odd smash is weird. Is there any other character in the game that can't count on a smash when they make contact?
Zelda's up smash and forward smash are notoriously bad for people just falling out of them. I really hope Duck Hunt and Zelda's smashes become more reliable.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
2 things.
1.Vote for Wolf on Smash Ballot (sorry for off topic)
2. Duck Hunt really needs buffs, strange smash attacks, huge lag for air attacks... He is good but not good enough. I hope his Tilts (especially hit up tilt) get buffed...
inb4 Greninja nerfed :(

poo-gas

Smash Cadet
NNID
loudgreenpanda
3DS FC
1006-0775-5283
I would like to see Duck Hunts F and U Smash be more like Shulk where the hit boxes over lap a bit and the first ones just hold you still while the last one has the knock back or even just the shots h targets into the next one at higher percents.

klk155

Smash Cadet
NNID
klk155
Less landing lag would be nice, but I would be happier to see his Smashes become more reliable. I'm quite sick of going for a kill and just pushing them away a little.

Hit 1 and 2 of Fsmash should string into hit 3 with no issue.
Yeah , it's really annoying to fall behind in a fight because F-Smash wont just connect

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I beleive Zelda shares this issues in one her attacks , can't remember which one though
Her forward smash has the not connecting problem... I hope DH getts big buffs...

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
his uthrow or bthrow should be able to kill at 150% or maybe even a little less.

Ninetale3

Smash Cadet
The only things I can think of is the smashes linking properly and the up throw killing a bit earlier. That's all I want. He is pretty balanced otherwise.

Last edited:

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I loved duck hunts dog character but the things that kind of kept me from playing him are the holes in his zoning at times and some issues in his other moves.

I'd like to see aerials like his nair have less landing lag, then his tilts having a little more push back, followed by his smashes being able to connect properly. The last thing i'd want from the duo is a faster down b start up. They could even make his up or back throw kill letting him wrack up damage and then go on the offensive for a kill throw.

Last edited:

DD_

Smash Journeyman
Realistic Wishes: It'd be nice to see his multi hitting attacks like better. While technically a buff I feel like "fixing" the consistency of these moves will help DHD become a more solid punisher and killer.

Dream: Nair Buffs (Less lag, more shield stun, more <3)

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
Personally even tho I love Duck Hunt and if I had it my way I would make him better than Sheik, Diddy, and Rosalina combined...Duck Hunt will probably not be getting any buffs or nerfs in future updates. I don't know why, but I just don't see it...

Perris6

Smash Journeyman
I don't see any huge buffs coming to Duck Hunt, but If I had to predict anything I would say a buff in the aerials in regards to lag and make his smash attacks connect all the way through.

Braydon

Smash Ace
I think the clay pidgeon needs to break a little easier, I was playing mario against duck hunt and it goes straight through fireballs, plus it can't be deflected for crap since mario can't control the projectiles so, no detonating. Makes it quite difficult to deal with the zoning for some characters.

Of course some other buffs to compensate would be nice.

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
I think the clay pidgeon needs to break a little easier, I was playing mario against duck hunt and it goes straight through fireballs, plus it can't be deflected for crap since mario can't control the projectiles so, no detonating. Makes it quite difficult to deal with the zoning for some characters.

Of course some other buffs to compensate would be nice.
On the opposite end of the spectrum, I feel the clay pigeon breaks way too easily! Why, Sonic can tear right through it like a piece of paper! Also, while you can't really reflect it, you can power shield it for dayz! I don't think it's that much of a problem...

AcePikachu

Smash Cadet
NNID
UltimaPikachu
3DS FC
4270-1808-1129
I feel the only buff he needs is for one of the gunmen to have kill power. Then he'd be a REAL threat. (Probably the one with the fire bullet)

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
I feel the only buff he needs is for one of the gunmen to have kill power. Then he'd be a REAL threat. (Probably the one with the fire bullet)
The black gunmen should kill. It's literally the only way I can accept his existence.

Mad Bro is already amazing enough for combos and general zoning coverage due to the meaty hitbox and vertical trajectory.

I'd like to see the reticule of default can made bigger, so it's actually usable. In the 3ds 1.0.4. update, it was made bigger but only as an aesthetic, I want it all bigger.

I want the reticule and shots in general to be buffed. Downsmash should have larger hitboxes, but only extended inward so DHD can hit people more inside him. It'd be great if downtilt could be buffed like this too. He has no decent catch-all reactions to punish rolls, he needs hard reads which sucks.

Bair should either be stronger, have less landing lag so it's a landing option, or be meatier and easier to sweetspot.

Uthrow should kill around 160% without rage, 140% with.

Clay pigeon should last longer. Like, twice as long. It'd be an amazing addition to stage pressure and actually feel more like snake due to being able to set up pseudo-mines by clashing it into the can.

AcePikachu

Smash Cadet
NNID
UltimaPikachu
3DS FC
4270-1808-1129
The black gunmen should kill. It's literally the only way I can accept his existence.

Mad Bro is already amazing enough for combos and general zoning coverage due to the meaty hitbox and vertical trajectory.

I'd like to see the reticule of default can made bigger, so it's actually usable. In the 3ds 1.0.4. update, it was made bigger but only as an aesthetic, I want it all bigger.

I want the reticule and shots in general to be buffed. Downsmash should have larger hitboxes, but only extended inward so DHD can hit people more inside him. It'd be great if downtilt could be buffed like this too. He has no decent catch-all reactions to punish rolls, he needs hard reads which sucks.

Bair should either be stronger, have less landing lag so it's a landing option, or be meatier and easier to sweetspot.

Uthrow should kill around 160% without rage, 140% with.

Clay pigeon should last longer. Like, twice as long. It'd be an amazing addition to stage pressure and actually feel more like snake due to being able to set up pseudo-mines by clashing it into the can.
These are all actually really good ideas! Especially the clay pigeon idea! Would of never thought of that! I feel like up throw killing is crucial, as without it I feel Duck Hunt isn't a threat up close...

I actually see you in tournaments! You're really good! If you don't mind can we have a few battles? I'd love to hear your input on what i can do to improve!

punkonjunk

Smash Cadet
NNID
punkonjunk
3DS FC
3480-2775-5641
Switch FC
Sw-7819-1079-8971
reliable side smashes
ANY B+direction kicks can during upB
If we could control the can during upB, upB would not be as catastrophic. as it is now, UpB to recover must grab the ledge or prepare to get it.

Mightyno.M

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mickeyx
3DS FC
4141-2356-8625
Never going to happen but duck hunt looks fit enough to Inherit Pit's old up special. Am I the only one who can see it?

Mainly and realistically I just want up and side smash to connect perfectly and less landing or less endlag on his specials

Also wouldn't it be cool if he could pick up the can like and item and throw it around for even more placement options and shenanigans

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wish I can do Up+B immediately after using Side+B in midair. For example, I'm falling and I want to throw a disc at the opponent who is guarding the edge but there's a huge lag and I fall straight down instead of flying back up.

klk155

Smash Cadet
NNID
klk155
I wish I can do Up+B immediately after using Side+B in midair. For example, I'm falling and I want to throw a disc at the opponent who is guarding the edge but there's a huge lag and I fall straight down instead of flying back up.
it's worse on 3ds when you get bnf and do an accidental side b instead of up b

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
ANY B+direction kicks can during upB
If we could control the can during upB, upB would not be as catastrophic. as it is now, UpB to recover must grab the ledge or prepare to get it.
You are able to move the can while recovering, that's the best way to protect yourself so you can recover without as much risk of being spiked.

Or do you mean something else?

HotbladesHarry

Smash Rookie
The only change he needs is for his smash attacks to consistently link hits. when I think about every f-smash that would have been a stock, if only...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I feel that cans, clay discs, and gunmen need to be buffed to deal out more damage and knockback.

The Dair needs a bit more priority and speed and power to be a consistently useful spike... the Uair needs to last longer and hit more (the duck needs to peck more) to rack up more damage.

The cartwheel move (Nair) needs to hit multiple times instead of one time... it makes sense since the dog is spinning around so it should hit the enemy at least four times.

The option to cancel Up+B recovery would be nice... like how you can cancel out Mr. Game & Watch's recovery with the A button. It would be nice to fly up and then do one of the aerial attacks as you fly toward the enemy or the enemy is approaching you. It also would be nice to have control in the flight path like Pit's old Up+B move in Brawl.

Side+B needs to reduce the ending lag... especially when it's done in midair... this way, the player can quickly do a recovery after throwing the disc when off-stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom