• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Buffer System

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
is it just me or is the buffer system in this game hurting you enjoyment of this game, I can not count how many loses were due to this system using a move I did not use, blasting off in another direction, ect.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Personally, no, it's not hurting my enjoyment at all. With the faster pace of the game, I've been making good use of it by holding the input I know I'm going to need in order to execute them at the earliest possible frame, and it's improved the consistency of my combos considerably. The only time it gets my goat is when I buffer an airdodge and SD because I was expecting to need to tech a stage spike that doesn't actually happen, but they've just discovered a special option select for that situation so it's fully possible to get around that now.

Last edited:

Mischiiii

Smash Apprentice
For me it’s definitely there. And in certain situations it definitely hurts my game. For example when i shield to late and accidentally buffer an air dodge while im not over the stage. But that’s basically everything that i don’t like about the buffer system.

Top Bottom