• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Buff wishlist!

MattVRox0525

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-7454-9388
Switch FC
SW-5339-1787-8388
Junior needs buffs tbh.
He’s just not getting any good results in this game.
That’s not to say I support the idea that tier lists should be based solely on tournament results, CUZ I DON’T, but tournament or not, Junior just hasn’t accomplished much in Ultimate. Here are some ideas to buff him:

CLOWN CANNON: Reduce lag
The lag on this move, as we know, is just not good. There’s so much lag to the point where they could make the ball instakill and it still wouldn’t be a necessarily good move. Just reduce startup; I’d say the endlag is fine. The move is just disappointing, especially considering how important cannonballs are in Mario games.

ABANDON SHIP: Remove the Kart Loss mechanic
Three questions. Who the hell thought this was a good idea; why are they still employed at Nintendo; and can they please pass whatever the hell they were smoking? Seriously, this mechanic is dumb. You could make the argument “Junior would have an amazing and ungimpable recovery!” That is beyond false. Junior is spike food after doing Up B and the Inkling already has a better recovery, with all the ups, but twice as good, without any of the downs. Junior doesn’t even have much to even come close to compensation, so just remove this. This would instantly help Junior.

MECHAKOOPAS: Prevent Shield deactivation and reflection.
Oh boy! I love when my moves just decide not to have any effect whatsoever on shields! And when they can just be picked up and thrown right back at me! Isn’t that just the idea of “fun?” Yeah, especially in a game where shields and dodging are much weaker, so it would give Junior a slight advantage, having this move. As well as the stage control it provides, this move could be good, but just kind of... isn’t.

CHARACTER STRENGTHS: Give him something other than traps.
Look, if a character has nothing other than their intended design going for them, it’s usually going to mean that they will not thrive in the meta. I mean, Dedede in Sm4sh was a bait & punish sort of character, with slow, powerful attacks. But he was bottom 5 in that game, since he had nothing else, and being a heavyweightwho struggled to kill, it was just a problem. So clearly, an easy solution would be to make Junior’s main strengths better, right?
Wrong. Look at Little Mac, for example. He has a strong ground game, with quick and powerful grounded attacks. However, due to his intended design, he has terrible recovery, horrifically weak aerials and even bad throws, just for an extra layer of icing on the cake. And look where he is, one of the worst characters in Ultimate. This is also the case for Junior, as he, Mac and Kirby are often considered the “Three Musketeers of the Lowest Tiers” in this game. Junior’s supposed to be a trap character (from my knowledge, but I’m probably just dumb. Replace traps with whatever he is good at if I’m wrong), so improving his traps while giving him other strengths to boot, maybe good edgeguarding (which would actually be very helpful) would be a drastic improvement.

Please. Junior is such a fun character, it honestly hurts to see him so low in the ranks. Buff the Koopa Prince, one way or another.:ultbowserjr:

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Not gonna lie. Puff Bair not turning you around would be nice. :039: Also I think SideB should take you farther on the ground. Then grounded SideB would be useful.
I think the reason they did that was to avoid the second coming of Melee Jigglypuff.

Rather than improve what’s already good, I would buff some of Jigglypuff’s ground options, because some of her grounded attacks have uses that are dubious at best.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What about Bowser Jr.'s Clown Kart Dash? Its inability to deliver multiple hits makes it unsafe to use against shield-grabbers. If it dealt multiple hits (like with Koopa Drift), however, then maybe it would be a safer attack to use.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Isn't that the point of the character?
The point of her character is to excel in the air, not necessarily to be complete trash on the ground.

Obviously I’m not saying let’s give her Sonic’s running speed and Little Mac’s frame data, but make it so that she at least has more than a handful of useable moves.

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
Obviously I’m not saying let’s give her Sonic’s running speed and Little Mac’s frame data, but make it so that she at least has more than a handful of useable moves.
I want comment on this.

A bunch of people have this Black and White thinking pattern and it's honestly a big problem now-a-days.
Like there's never any grey area for them, they always think of it as one extreme or the other...

It's not always like that guys, come on.
(I'm not targeting this to Xelrog just to clarify)

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I'm just wary about homogenizing characters too much, especially since Mac and Jiggles are the min-maxers. I find that interesting about them. Yes, Jiggles was specifically designed to be useless on the ground in the same way Mac was specifically designed to be useless in the air.

I'm not going to die on the hill that their shortcomings can't be made a little less extreme. I just hope caution is exercised.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I'm just wary about homogenizing characters too much, especially since Mac and Jiggles are the min-maxers. I find that interesting about them. Yes, Jiggles was specifically designed to be useless on the ground in the same way Mac was specifically designed to be useless in the air.

I'm not going to die on the hill that their shortcomings can't be made a little less extreme. I just hope caution is exercised.
My issue with "min-maxer" type characters is that they're almost always some of the least fun characters to play against in whatever game they're in, and they're also usually among the least balanced, always being either too good or way too bad. (Jigglypuff in Smash is a prime example of this, fittingly.) For those reasons, I would not be opposed to seeing so-called "min-maxers" homogenized slightly, if only to make them more fun to play against and give them a fighting chance in the meta.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Its kind of sad that characters like Mario and Kirby will never relive their Smash 64 glory. Mario was also still great in Melee.

Mario needs a moveset revamp that removes F.L.U.D.D and Ridley's Recover needs to have more length and slightly faster.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Its kind of sad that characters like Mario and Kirby will never relive their Smash 64 glory. Mario was also still great in Melee.

Mario needs a moveset revamp that removes F.L.U.D.D and Ridley's Recover needs to have more length and slightly faster.
Mario is graced with one of the best movesets among the roster in terms of cohesiveness. If anybody deserves a revamp it would be Zelda. Also, “never relive their Smash 64 glory?” We’re just going to pretend like Smash 4 Mario doesn’t exist?
I’ll tell you what Jigglypuff and Little Mac weren’t designed to be: bad. Clearly whatever archetype they had in mind when designing these two isn’t a good one, so something needs to change.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I also agree that Mewtwo NEEDS to feel heavy and have a buffer model like Mewtwo in Pokémon Stadium. Mewtwo could actually look intimidatingly accurate to character, he isn't intimidating at all in Smash. Just a scrawny version of a Mewtwo wannabe.

MattVRox0525

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-7454-9388
Switch FC
SW-5339-1787-8388
Jiggs BAir shouldn’t turn you around. The “second coming of Melee Jigglypuff” won’t really be true unless Up throw-Rest returns and obviously, it didn’t. Jiggs isn’t really that great either, so her old BAir returning wouldn’t necessarily break her. At least, I think.
But who am I to speak, I don’t play Jiggs lol

papa_tetris

Smash Rookie
The point of her character is to excel in the air, not necessarily to be complete trash on the ground.

Yeah that makes sence

Last edited:

Kokiden

Smash Ace
I think we all understand that there are some moves in Ultimate that are good. But, nothing is inherently broken, We're not dealing with multi-shines or vanilla Bayo ladder combos. Nerfing a fighter means tearing apart their playerbase and is more or less a necessary evil than doing good. It would be better, in my opinion, to buff weaker fighters than nerf today's top tiers. So, what are the fighters who you would like to see buffs in?

I'll start: King Dedede needs a buff to his airspeed and less landing lag overall. Something simple yet effective.
I highly agree with this. Nintendo needs to stop handing out heavy handed nerfs, and foucs more on buffing characters that need it. So far, they haven't given any heavy handed nerfs, but that could change... (I hope they leave Joker alone. Seriously).

I think Bayo needs more buffs. Reduce her lag across the board, and increase WT duration. That's all she needs I think. If they do that, I would accept character falling out of her combos...

MattVRox0525

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-7454-9388
Switch FC
SW-5339-1787-8388
I highly agree with this. Nintendo needs to stop handing out heavy handed nerfs, and foucs more on buffing characters that need it. So far, they haven't given any heavy handed nerfs, but that could change... (I hope they leave Joker alone. Seriously).

I think Bayo needs more buffs. Reduce her lag across the board, and increase WT duration. That's all she needs I think. If they do that, I would accept character falling out of her combos...
BaYoNeTtA
Tbh she got nerfed waaay too hard. She barely functions anymore tbh :ultbayonetta1:

Yes. Yes they should.

GhostM

Phantom
I think we all understand that there are some moves in Ultimate that are good. But, nothing is inherently broken, We're not dealing with multi-shines or vanilla Bayo ladder combos. Nerfing a fighter means tearing apart their playerbase and is more or less a necessary evil than doing good. It would be better, in my opinion, to buff weaker fighters than nerf today's top tiers. So, what are the fighters who you would like to see buffs in?

I'll start: King Dedede needs a buff to his airspeed and less landing lag overall. Something simple yet effective.
I agree with this statement because simply just nerfing isn’t going to balance the game. I don’t really like the fact that they nerf a character to the point where many of their options that were viable are no longer viable. Even in any smash game, it doesn’t really make sense to just nerf the top tiers to the point where they aren’t viable anymore. I feel like they should just focus on the characters that deserve the buffs like Falcon, where it was obvious that Raptor Boost was just completely inconsistent. I don’t necessarily want them to just buff certain strengths that a character has, but rather focus on their weaknesses without changing the attributes on what makes the character. It wouldn’t really make sense to give Bowser the speed of sonic if he’s supposed to be a heavy character.

MattVRox0525

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-7454-9388
Switch FC
SW-5339-1787-8388
I agree with this statement because simply just nerfing isn’t going to balance the game. I don’t really like the fact that they nerf a character to the point where many of their options that were viable are no longer viable. Even in any smash game, it doesn’t really make sense to just nerf the top tiers to the point where they aren’t viable anymore. I feel like they should just focus on the characters that deserve the buffs like Falcon, where it was obvious that Raptor Boost was just completely inconsistent. I don’t necessarily want them to just buff certain strengths that a character has, but rather focus on their weaknesses without changing the attributes on what makes the character. It wouldn’t really make sense to give Bowser the speed of sonic if he’s supposed to be a heavy character.
You have said it well. And Inklings shouldn’t have one of the best recoveries if they can barely jump in their game-oh wait.

MattVRox0525

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-7454-9388
Switch FC
SW-5339-1787-8388
So this thread is dead...
Did your mains get any buffs in 4.0?

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
My friend plays Ridley, Wolf, and Mewtwo, so he was pretty happy with the patch. Mewtwo got some nice changes.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Ridley, Mewtwo and Piranha Plant are 3/5 of my most used, counting Samus/Dark Samus as one, and they got what to me feels like the "most impactful" changes.
*(Corrin/DPits changes felt good, but don't fix as much with them as one would want).

Villager/Isabelle/Lucas I use from time to time, they got some nice quality of life stuff.

PT is a special case, as Charizard saw some much needed love at the cost of Ivysaur getting some fair nerfs. I'm happy overall with the balance on the whole kit.

All said, I'm happy with the direction these past few patches have been going. I prefer incremental buffs/quality of life changes to sizeable nerfs on most of the cast.

MattVRox0525

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-7454-9388
Switch FC
SW-5339-1787-8388
Yeah, none of my mains got touched...
Except Ken :D
He got his Up smash changed, which I love :3
Also R.I.P Little Mac

NintenEdgyMan

Smash Apprentice
Litterally all they need to do for my boy is buff his grab range.

The good things about him is his edgeguarding and traps, and litterally nothing else.

He has no approach option, nor a combo game at all unless you count untrue combos. All he has for consistant damage is ptooie, and even that's kind of inconsistent because you can't throw it out nor hit people right beside you. He also has no way of dealing with shields. He has litterally no good should damaging moves nor moves that poke.

A buff he needs that will not make him broken, but make him viable and decent, is a longer ranged grab. This gives him another approach option, a low percent combo game, and a way to get around shields.

The only problem is it would completely change how he plays, because it would let him be offensive, but is that really bad? As a plant main, sometimes its frustrating for Samus and other projectile spammers to completely destroy me.

Hobo-jho1992

Smash Rookie
:ultryu: and :ultken: IMHO need some adjustments. Now that I look at it, how the hell does :ult_terry:get a super arts mechanic and the shotos don't?? They look so bland standing next to him.

Their airs and normals are fine the way they are. But how bout an EX gauge??

:ultryu: EX moves:

Denjin Hadouken
  • Ryu's basic hadouken is.....okay......the shakunetsu (flaming) too. But his unblockable fireball that also stuns its opponents? Who on earth would say no to this??
Shinku Tatsumaki Senpukyaku
  • A multi hit variation of the Tatsu that also has a vacuum effect as an added bonus would benefit players who want to punish opponents that get too close.

Shin Shoryuken
  • A powerful dragon uppercut that could rack up significant damage or be used as a flashier finish. Make it happen!!

:ultken: EX moves:

EX Hadouken
  • Ken doesn't rely on his Hadouken as much as Ryu, but that doesn't mean this shouldn't exist in smash. Give it 2-3 hits and some knockback!
Guren Senpukyaku
  • A barrage of flaming spinning kicks that can also bust through armor? Count me in!!
Shoryureppa
  • If anything, this move should've been a must! A series of blazing dragon uppercuts is something Ken needs desperately to show off his flashy combos.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'm going to mostly just request old tech from previous games that was taken away. I want every character to be the best version they've ever been, which is why I vastly prefer buffs to nerfs.

Universal: Bring back gliding but remove the infinite glide glitch.
Bring back custom moves. Even if some suck, more options is always a buff.
Make suicide moves kill the opponent first.

:ultmario:: Bring back Smash 4 Down throw and Up Tilt.
Bring back Smash 4 Up Smash KO percentage.
Let him fire TWO fire balls at once LIKE IN HIS GAMES!!!
Give him a glide. He has the ****ing cape.
Merge his Neutral-Aerial and his Down-Aerial into one move: a fast combo breaker like his Nair, but the damage, hitbox, knockback, and animation of his Dair.
Now that he has a free slot for a new Down-Aerial, give him a Ground Pound LIKE IN HIS GAMES!
Make one of his custom Down-B's Doc's Down-B.
Make his footstools do damage LIKE IN HIS GAMES.

:ultluigi:: Give him the Smash 4 Down-B back. The one that slides on the ground and rises in the air. His recovery went from one of the best to one of the worst.
Give him his Smash 4 Side-B back. It has almost no distance now.
Let him fire TWO fireballs at once LIKE IN HIS GAMES!
Let his footstool do damage LIKE IN HIS GAMES!
Make one of his custom moves K. Rool's blunderbuss, but only the sucking and tossing part.

:ultyoshi:: Let him eat and throw projectiles with his Neutral B LIKE IN HIS GAMES!!! (Do you see a pattern?)
Make his Side-B do something. Bury, maybe? Maybe I'm ignorant, but does this move have ANY use?
Bring back Black Yoshi. This is a psychological buff. Trust me.

:ultdk:: Add a Barrel Toss as a custom move.
Bring back the Ding-Dong.

:ultmewtwo:: Make his Up Throw kill at 90ish again. Pretty much all Up-Throws suck as kill options now.

:ultwario:: Make his bike respawn immediately. Unnecessary, annoying nerf.

:ultjigglypuff:: Make Rest kill at a decent percentage like Melee.
As others have said, make their Back-Aerial not turn them around. Like Melee.

:ultlink:: Give him back his clawshot.

:ultsonic:: Give him back his back throw that kills at like 90% on the stage edge. Some old Smash 4 patch.

:ultkirby:: Give him back the suicide throw.
Give him back the Smash 64 Down-Aerial.
Make his vertical recovery not suck for a character that can literally fly.

:ultcloud:: Bring back the Smash 4 Limit that doesn't automatically go away.

:ultbrawler:: Bring back the Smash 4 Up-B kill.

:ultfox:: (Don't hate me, please.) Bring back the Melee Down-B. "Shine" as they call it.

:ultganondorf:: Give him a spear. Ya know? His iconic weapon? Make his Side-Tilt a spear thrust.
Make his Up-Smash a long range upward spear poke. Basically Palutena's Up-Smash.
Make his jab throw that magical tennis ball thing from OOT. Decent projectile that can be reflected like Dedede's Gordo Toss.

:ulthero:: Make his Down-B NOT RANDOM. Give it a wheel system like Shulk that goes into sub-menus like Super Mario Maker 2. Arrange them by how they act. Attacks, status changers, etc. It would be slower but much more reliable.
Technically a nerf, but since Magic Burst is OP, and this would make accessing it consistent, give Magic Burst a nerf.
Make Kamikaze kill Hero slightly later so that he has an opportunity to win with a last-stock Kamikaze. This makes it consistent with my universal suicide move buff.

:ultmegaman:: Make Crash Bomber kill at a decent percent. Snake's grenades kill at 120%. Sheik's bombs kill at 120%. Why is Mega Man's bomb so weak?

:ultlittlemac:: Give this poor sucker SOME aerial presence. He can still suck in the air, but he shouldn't be COMPLETELY USELESS in the air.

:ultkrool:: Remove the shield breaking aspect of his metal belly. It's too harsh. Decrease his defense significantly instead. Make him light as Jigglypuff and make the damage multiplier on the belly hitbox 2x when his armor is broken.

:ultridley:: Not a buff, but WHY THE HELL IS HIS DOWN AIR NOT THE TAIL POGO STICK ATTACK FROM SUPER METROID?!

EDIT: This too. Agree 149%

:ultryu::ultken::
:ultryu: and :ultken: IMHO need some adjustments. Now that I look at it, how the hell does :ult_terry:get a super arts mechanic and the shotos don't?? They look so bland standing next to him.

Denjin Hadouken
  • Ryu's basic hadouken is.....okay......the shakunetsu (flaming) too. But his unblockable fireball that also stuns its opponents? Who on earth would say no to this??
  • A multi hit variation of the Tatsu that also has a vacuum effect as an added bonus would benefit players who want to punish opponents that get too close.

Shin Shoryuken
  • A powerful dragon uppercut that could rack up significant damage or be used as a flashier finish. Make it happen!!

EX Hadouken
  • Ken doesn't rely on his Hadouken as much as Ryu, but that doesn't mean this shouldn't exist in smash. Give it 2-3 hits and some knockback!
Guren Senpukyaku
  • A barrage of flaming spinning kicks that can also bust through armor? Count me in!!
Shoryureppa
  • If anything, this move should've been a must! A series of blazing dragon uppercuts is something Ken needs desperately to show off his flashy combos.
EDIT 2:
:ultcharizard:: Make Flare Blitz only do recoil on hits LIKE IN HIS GAMES!!!

That's it. I'm not SUPER competitive. I'm in Elite Smash, but I'm nowhere near tournament level. I just prefer buffs to nerfs, and I want to preserve at much canonical presence as possible.
Give him a glide.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Denjin Hadouken

Shin Shoryuken

EX Hadouken
Guren Senpukyaku
Shoryureppa
If Sakurai based them off Super Turbo, the Street Fighter that introduced super moves to the series, they should represent that with moves other than their Final Smashes. Use their MvC incarnations of their supers for their FSs if you have to beyond the Shinryuken.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
As much as I love custom moves, some of the ones in 4 were entirely broken. There is definitely such a thing as too powerful, and some level of care needs to be taken.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
As much as I love custom moves, some of the ones in 4 were entirely broken. There is definitely such a thing as too powerful, and some level of care needs to be taken.
Agreed. Some were also completely underpowered. They should be balanced like the rest of the game.
Also add unique custom moves that aren't just variants of the standard move.
Eg, Mario could have Kirby's Down-B as the Tanooki statue. He could have Diddy Kong's Up-B as the Rocket Nozzle from Mario Sunshine.
Peach's Down-B for Mario is pretty obvious too.
And Young Link's Down-B, but it's a Bob-Omb (but only as strong as Young Link's bombs).
Mario could use Cappy as a Side-B command grab. Ie, it possesses the opponent and Mario jumps out and kicks the opponent forward. Basically his Back-Air but forward.

I got ideas for days.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
They were banned in tournaments for that reason. If they were to bring them back there would at least have to be some balancing check. The formula they used in Smash 4 was the better the move, the slower it was. But even then there were some custom moves that could break the game or at least steal a stock on their own. And on that matter, there were some custom moves that were downright useless, so they would also have to dish out some buffs.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
They were banned in tournaments for that reason. If they were to bring them back there would at least have to be some balancing check. The formula they used in Smash 4 was the better the move, the slower it was. But even then there were some custom moves that could break the game or at least steal a stock on their own. And on that matter, there were some custom moves that were downright useless, so they would also have to dish out some buffs.
Mario's Falco Laser Fireballs were the bee's knees.

Mr.Dale

Smash Rookie
Yeah First order of buisness Dear Sakurai

1. Falco's nair should scoop small fighters up ( atm if you buffer it oos it wont hit most characters)
2. Falcos Utilt should always connect why TF do small characters get to fall out of it for free?!?!?!
3. Make falcos Back air frame 4 again, Self explanatory
4. Bring back jab cancels. I guess sakurai forgot that one just patch it back in.

Hobo-jho1992

Smash Rookie
This Guy:ultsimon:.....i'm trying to main him. But i'm having multiple issues.

1) Simon wields a flame whip...why not apply that effect to ALL of his smash attacks? BTW, His smash attacks are terribly slow. I get sick of being able to charge up a smash attack before an enemy can react only to be speed blitzed before the whip can even lash at someone. Speed the smash attacks up at least 2 frames!

2) The damn holy water!!! First off, why does this special bounce off a shield and hurts its user? I don't recall any if Simon's weapons harming him, so why in Smash?? It's bad enough that enemies are able to catch it if thrown. Holy Water should ignite on contact, shield as well.

3) The guy is doomed if he jumps too soon or too late... up, foward, and diagonals, airs need to be extended to a more justified length...due to the fact that his up-b is awful.

4) Buff the axe's shield damage.

5) increase the speed on the cross.

6) Replace Richter with Alucard or Soma.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Agreed. Some were also completely underpowered. They should be balanced like the rest of the game.
Also add unique custom moves that aren't just variants of the standard move.
Eg, Mario could have Kirby's Down-B as the Tanooki statue. He could have Diddy Kong's Up-B as the Rocket Nozzle from Mario Sunshine.
Peach's Down-B for Mario is pretty obvious too.
And Young Link's Down-B, but it's a Bob-Omb (but only as strong as Young Link's bombs).
Mario could use Cappy as a Side-B command grab. Ie, it possesses the opponent and Mario jumps out and kicks the opponent forward. Basically his Back-Air but forward.

I got ideas for days.
I think that's unreasonably ambitious. If anything, customs in Ult would be a lot tamer than the ones in 4, both for balance and dev time.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I think that's unreasonably ambitious. If anything, customs in Ult would be a lot tamer than the ones in 4, both for balance and dev time.
I mean, this is a WISHlist.
And it's easy enough to clone moves. Look at Brawl Wolf. He was made last minute by slapping a bunch of moves from other Fighters together.
I wish I could find the video that showed me this fact, but it's lost to time.

Edit: As a proof of concept, I will make 9 custom moves per special with my boy, Mario.
Besides the Smash 4 variants, they will all be clones of other moves.

Neutral B:
1. Fireball
2. Fast Fireball
3. Big Fireball
4. Super Mario Land Super Balls (Clone of Wii Fit Trainer's soccer ball, but bounces once and goes up until it despawns)
5. Ice Balls (Clone of the Luigi Ice Balls from Smash 4)
6. SMB3 Hammer Suit (Clone of Simon's Neutral B)
7. DK Arcade Hammer Bash (Slow like Falcon Punch, but otherwise a clone of Dedede's Side-Smash)
8. Super Mario World Cape Spin (Clone of Meta Knight's tornado)
9. F.L.U.D.D. Hover Nozzle (Clone of Peach's Float)

Side B:
1. Cape
2. Shock Cape
3. Wind Cape
4. Cappy Toss (Command grab. Throws like Link's boomerang, but when it connects, clone of Captain Falcon's Up-B. Imagine Mario possessing the opponent and immediately unpossessing them and kicking them)
5. Turbo Nozzle (Clone of Luigi's Side-B)
6. Shell Mario from New SMB DS (Clone of Squirtle's Side B)
7. Boomerang Flower (Clone of Link's Boomerang)
8. Mario Kart bash (Clone of Bowser Jr.'s Side-B)
9. Cat Mario Pounce (Clone of Bayonetta's Side B without the ending kick. When in the air, clone of her downward Side B)

Up B:
1. Super Jump Punch
2. Super Jump
3. Exploding Punch
4. Rocket Nozzle (Clone of Diddy Kong's Up B)
5. Launch Star (Clone of Rosalina's Up B)
6. Raccoon Flight (Clone of Pit's Brawl Up B)
7. Spring (Clone of Sonic's Up B)
8. Cloud Costume from Super Mario Galaxy (Clone of Pac Man's Up B)
9. Vine thingy from 2D Mario games that you can climb (Clone of Simon's Up Air, but longer)

Down B:
1. F.L.U.D.D. Squirt Nozzle
2. Scalding F.L.U.D.D.
3. High-Pressure F.L.U.D.D.
4. Mario Tornado (Clone of Dr. Mario's Down B)
5. Tanooki Statue (Clone of Kirby's Down B)
6. Turnip (Clone of Peach's Down-B)
7. Bob-Omb (Clone of Link's Down B)
8. Double Fire Ball Spin from 2D Mario games (Clone of Mario's Neutral B, but in two directions)
9. Fart (Clone of Wario's Down B).....
Just kidding!
Real 9. Koopa Shell Spawn (Self-explanatory, but it breaks after it hits or bounces three times)

This literally took longer to write than it took to think of.
All characters could easily have custom moves that are clones of others.

Last edited:

MattVRox0525

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-7454-9388
Switch FC
SW-5339-1787-8388
I'm going to mostly just request old tech from previous games that was taken away. I want every character to be the best version they've ever been, which is why I vastly prefer buffs to nerfs.

Universal: Bring back gliding but remove the infinite glide glitch.
Bring back custom moves. Even if some suck, more options is always a buff.
Make suicide moves kill the opponent first.

:ultdk:: Bring back the Ding-Dong.

:ultwario:: Make his bike respawn immediately. Unnecessary, annoying nerf.

:ultsonic:: Give him back his back throw that kills at like 90% on the stage edge. Some old Smash 4 patch.

:ulthero:: Make his Down-B NOT RANDOM. Give it a wheel system like Shulk that goes into sub-menus like Super Mario Maker 2. Arrange them by how they act. Attacks, status changers, etc. It would be slower but much more reliable.
Make Kamikaze kill Hero slightly later so that he has an opportunity to win with a last-stock Kamikaze. This makes it consistent with my universal suicide move buff.
Alright, not gonna lie, I wanna mention some things here.

:ultdk:: Hell no!
I don’t even wanna BEGIN to explain why I don’t want this back!

:ultwario:: I feel like recovering without his bike is one thing that helps keep Wario in an alright spot, as in order to recover, he needs to have his bike, waste his strongest killing move that he only gets one or two of per match, or make it back with just his jump and Up B. Wario’s fine now, but I do get that this is a WISHlist. I just doubt it will happen.
Also, I want it too. You’re not alone, sir/ma’am/hamburger.

:ultsonic:: I’m really only fine with this if he stays similar to how he is in Ultimate. I’m not a fan of giving characters with great strengths powerful kill throws, but for characters with more glaring weaknesses, it’s fine. And if you want every character to be the best form of themselves, then I don’t think Sonic would be where he is.
Although, Sonic’s best appearance, Sm4sh, would’ve been less oppressive in Ultimate due to shield changes, so I digress.

:ulthero:: Make the move blockable in exchange and we’re good. Hero with Kamikazee killing the enemy first would lead to the most meatheaded thing of all time. Especially if we follow through with the Command Selection change as well.
And, about his randomness, unfortunately the RNG is part of his character and there’s no way in hell you can expect the dev team to remove it. Remember that Smash is primarily intended as a casual game, so competitive changes shouldn’t be expected (*AHEM* LITTLE MAC).
Even so, he would still have Hocus Pocus and critical hits as well, so not all’s lost.

Silask20

Smash Apprentice
I wish Simon and Richter got buffs. I main them.
Gross.

And @ OP, if im being real... buff kirby i wanna see more of them running around. Honestly nerf his air recovery a bit he has more than enough but take that and buff his movement speed by alot and also when he eats a projectile he should gain half the damage it was going to deal as health and gain invuln frames for the animation. Atm its a death sentence.

If im being selfish: buff bowsers with the ability (like a hero spell menu sort of) to switch his fires forms. U got flamethrower (original) lets also add the option to use fireballs (self explanitory) and fire spit (similar to mario 64 where he spits fire up in the air and it rains down)

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
:ultfalco:: Fix up-smash first. A tad more speed and a faster Bair would help too.
The issue with Falco's upsmash is his hitbox, right? I think this is an issue with a lot of two-hit smash attacks. The first his isn't big enough (or strong enough) to throw the victim into the finisher. This is sometimes an issue I encounter with Link's f-smash, but not as often.

Top Bottom