• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Buff wishlist!

MattVRox0525

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-7454-9388
Switch FC
SW-5339-1787-8388
Round 3
:ultmetaknight:—Make more moves kill, or decrease startup on Dimensional Cape.
:ultpit:—Increase his kill power. Especially on Upperdash Arm.
:ultzss:—Why did they nerf her curves-I mean... um... U-Smash?
:ultwario:—Considering Wario’s been doing really well, I don’t think he needs buffs, but maybe they could decrease the wait time for his bike respawns.
:ultsnake:—Make Snake dumby thicc. Or increase his soeed a bit.
:ultike:—Increase his speed a bit. Or Aether and Quick Draw’s distance.
:ultpokemontrainer:—Make the Pokémon evolve. Lol
:ultsquirtle:—Remove the Withdraw footstool.
:ultivysaur:—Make Vine Whip actually snap to ledge when it should.
:ultcharizard:—He’s a Flying type, but he should still be able to land.
:ultdiddy:—Rocketbarrel Blast.
:ultlucas:—PK Freeze is sooo underpowered. It only launches my enemies half the screen away at 50% if they don’t mash out. It should just teleport them to the blast zone and delete them from my game.
Fr tho fix D-Throw.
:ultsonic:—Make his Down and Side Specials not basically the same thing, but one can be canceled.
:ultkingdedede:—Airspeed and landing lag buffs. Please.
:ultolimar:—Give him Rock Pikmin. Please.
:ultlucario:—Make his recovery not curve down when you move the analog sideways.
:ultrob:—Make his D-Throw not bury you for 1.8 nanoseconds.
:ulttoonlink:—Hmmm... I dunno. Maybe decrease endlag on D-Air?
:ultwolf:—Sweetspot Wolf Flash shouldn’t put you into freefall.

Round 4
:ultvillager:—Make the axe from Timber stronger. Or U-Smash.
:ultmegaman:—Why does Leaf Shield work the way it does?
:ultwiifittrainer:—Maybe buff her entire moveset.
Fr tho make Deep Breathing a bit faster?
:ultrosalina:—They made her Jab work again in Version 2, but I beg you...
U-AIR
Nah jk but fr give it more knockback.
:ultlittlemac:—Read any other post about Mac in this thread to know what I’m going to say.
WHY CAN’T HE USE JOLT HAYMAKER AFTER BEING HIT OUT OF IT?!
HE COULD IN SM4SH
:ultgreninja:—Better nerf-
Ok no. Screw that old ass meme. Actually make him as heavy as he was in Sm4sh since they made him lighter for no reason whatsoever.
:ultmiifighters:—Make all the Miis able to have their stats customized again. At least through Spirits. Don’t make custom Miis usable in tourneys.
:ultbrawler:—Give the Brawler better recovery options.
Were you expecting me to say lengthen Counter Throw’s window? Hell no
:ultswordfighter:—Honestly I would say to give Gale Strike less endlag to improve that kill confirm.
Look I got nothing else I’m a Gunner player ;-;
:ultgunner:—Make the Gunner faster. WHY IS IT SO SLOW?
:ultpalutena:—Four words: Down. Smash. End. Lag.
:ultpacman:—Make his specials not usable against him. Especially Fire Hydrant.
:ultrobin:—Make him have Levin at the start. Who thought that was smart?
Either that or make Arcthunder useful again.
:ultshulk:—Make his Monado Arts last longer. Why did they change it?!
Or give Backslash an actual use.
:ultbowserjr:—Just make him viable. That’s all we need.
:ultlarry:—#LarryCanNeverLose
:ultduckhunt:—Make Wild Gunmen immortal. Or at least increase their durability. You can breathe on them and they die.
:ultryu:—I don’t think he needs buffs. Mostly because I don’t know what buffs to give him.
:ultken:—Same case with Ryu.
:ultcloud:—Make his N-Air actually have some range. A post in this thread said to give Cloud his Sm4sh N-Air back, but put a weak sourspot at the end. I liek
:ultcorrinf:—Why did they nerf F-Air?
:ultbayonetta1:—Give her her old recovery back.

MattVRox0525

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-7454-9388
Switch FC
SW-5339-1787-8388
Round 5
Round 6 will include the Fighter’s Pass characters

:ultinkling:—Maybe make the spike easier to get.
:ultridley:—Buff his recovery or make him heavier. Or both.
:ultsimon:—Make his Holy Water have an aura effect, like Richter’s. Seriously, it’s stupid. Either that or increase his recovery distance.
:ultkrool:—Make him faster or modify his belly armor a bit.
:ultisabelle:—Make her Lloid Trap an actually dangerous move.
:ultincineroar:—Maybe make Alolan Whip go farther, or remove that stupid upwards-launching hitbox on Cross Chop. It’s illogical and, as an Incineroar main, VERY annoying.
:ultpiranha:—Increase his garbage grab range.

Gryphon827

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually curious. Have they ever buffed a recovery? I know they make speed, knockback, and damage changes on attacks, but has the dev team ever made a recovery go a longer distance in the past? Excluding Pac Man's trampoline no longer being a pocketable item. I feel like that's a line they've never crossed.
Link from 64 to melee.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Was that post from before the patch where they increased Incineroar's vertical and horizontal distance both?

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Link from 64 to melee.
I meant patch-era smash. Now they've obviously increased the height on Incineroar's so that question is technically answered. But I never knew if they tried it before that occurrence.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Buff list?

:ultdiddy:: Buff his air speed and F Air power and overall duration. Dash attack should also allow you to pass through enemies and be at least as fast and usable as :ultdk:'s dash attack. Also increase power of U Air and buff recovery.
:ultjigglypuff:: Increase hitboxes and safeness on shield.
:ultridley:: Less risk, more reward
:ultmewtwo:: See above basically, also make F Air like Smash 4's, make his tail actually disjointed and don't have that weird tail hurtbox, increase Shadow Ball damage to match Charge Shot's because right now it's weird as **** that Mewtwo's projectile is weaker while it was always either stronger (Smash 4) or equally strong (Melee). Also increase N Air's range and damage output.
:ultkrool:: More mobility, more priority, buff canonball (at least shield damage).
:ultkirby:: Increase range and air speed.
:ultmetaknight:: More range, more KO power overall.
:ultlucario:: Better frame data.
:ultsheik:: Increase damage output slightly, give at least one solid KO move.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
:ultyoshi:

The spoiler box below contains adjustments that I would make to Yoshi's moveset. Of course, it follows Yoshi's animation data from Smash Wii U, instead of Smash Ultimate. As such, some stuff would have to be adjusted to properly follow Yoshi's Smash Ultimate animation data. Also, I was told that grabs have received an increase in their start-up lag, but by how much has not been stated (as far as I know).
Standard Moves
Command | Frame Range for Hitboxes | Base Damage | KB Angle | BKB | FKB | KBG | Trip Rate | Shield Damage | Weight Independent?
Attack11 | 2-3 | 3 | 50 | 0 | 30 | 100 | 0 | 0 | No
Attack12 | 3-4 | 5 | Sakurai | 50 | 0 | 100 | 0 | 0 | No
AttackDash | 6-8 (clean), 9-16 (late) | 10 (clean), 7 (late) | 70 | 100 | 0 | 50 | 0 | 0 | No
AttackS3 | 5-7 | 8 | 45 | 50 | 0 | 98 | 0 | 0 | No
AttackHi3 | 5-12 | 7 | 85 | 80 | 0 | 72 | 0 | 0 | No
AttackLw3 | 4-6 | 6 | Sakurai | 20 | 0 | 108 | 0.5 | 0 | No
AttackS4 | 14-15 | 16 | Sakurai | 30 | 0 | 100 | 0 | 0 | No
AttackHi4 | 8-13 | 14 | 95 | 60 | 0 | 76 | 0 | 0 | No
AttackLw4 | 5-9 (hit 1), 20-24 (hit 2) | 13 | 25 | 40 | 0 | 84 | 0 | 0 | No
AttackAirB | 6-8 (hit 1), 12-14 (hit 2), 18-20 (hit 3) | 3 (hits 1-2), 6 (hit 3) | Autolink (hits 1-2 + aerial), 80 (hits 1-2 + ground), Sakurai (hit 3) | 0 (hits 1-2), 30 (hit 3) | 30 (hits 1-2), 0 (hit 3) | 100 (hits 1-2), 170 (hit 3) | 0 | 0 | Yes (hits 1-2), No (hit 3)
AttackAirF | 14-19 | 15 | 275 | 20 | 0 | 100 | 0 | 0 | No
AttackAirHi | 5-6 | 12 | 90 | 60 | 0 | 76 | 0 | 0 | No
AttackAirLw | 14-39 (hits 1-13 + rehits every 2 frames) | 3 (hits 1-11), 2 (hit 12), 1 (hit 13) | 265 or 270 (hits 1-12), 270 (hit 13) | 0 (hits 1-12), 60 (hit 13) | 10 (hits 1-12), 0 (hit 13) | 100 (hits 1-12), 300 (hit 13) | 0 | 0 | Yes (hits 1-12), No (hit 13)
AttackAirN | 3-6 (clean), 7-12 (mid), 13-25 (late) | 10 (clean), 8 (mid), 6 (late) | Sakurai | 30 | 0 | 100 | 0 | 0 | No
LandingAirLw | 1 | 1 | 80 | 60 | 0 | 200 | 0 | 0 | No
CatchAttack | 6 | 2 | 80 | 0 | 40 | 100 | 0 | 0 | No
Egg Lay
  • Frame Range for Grab Hitboxes: 8-11
  • Base Damage: 8
Egg Roll
  • Base Damage Minimum: 4
  • KB Angle: 80
  • BKB: 56
  • KBG: 96
  • Trip Rate: 0
  • Shield Damage: 0
  • Weight Independent?: No
  • Rehit: 30 frames
Egg Throw
  • Base Damage: 1 (egg), 5 (explosion)
  • KB Angle: Autolink (egg + aerial), 110 (egg + ground), 70 (explosion)
  • BKB: 0 (egg), 60 (explosion)
  • FKB: 60 (egg), 0 (explosion)
  • KBG: 100
  • Shield Damage: 0
Yoshi Bomb (ground)
  • Frame Range for Hitboxes: 7 (hit 1), 27+ (hit 2)
  • Base Damage: 4 (hit 1), 16 (hit 2)
  • KB Angle: 85 (hit 1), 80 (hit 2)
  • BKB: 0 (hit 1), 60 (hit 2)
  • FKB: 80 (hit 1), 0 (hit 2)
  • KBG: 100 (hit 1), 72 (hit 2)
  • Shield Damage: 0 (hit 1), 10 (hit 2)
  • Weight Independent?: Yes (hit 1), No (hit 2)
Yoshi Bomb (aerial)
  • Frame Range for Hitboxes: 20+
  • Base Damage: 16
  • KB Angle: 80
  • BKB: 60
  • FKB: 0
  • KBG: 72
  • Shield Damage: 10
Yoshi Bomb (stars)
  • Frame Range for Hitboxes: 3-12
  • Base Damage: 4
  • KB Angle: 40
  • BKB: 60
  • FKB: 0
  • KBG: 42
  • Shield Damage: 10
Grabs & Throws
Command | Frame Range for Grab Hitboxes | Throw Frame | Base Damage | KB Angle | BKB | FKB | KBG
Catch | 8-19
CatchDash | 10-21
CatchTurn | 10-20
ThrowB | | 20 | 8 | 45 | 80 | 0 | 60
ThrowF | | 15 | 8 | 45 | 80 | 0 | 60
ThrowHi | | 13 | 8 | 90 | 80 | 0 | 60
ThrowLw | | 15 | 6 | 85 | 80 | 0 | 32
Other Notes
  • F-tilt's base damage does not change when angled.
  • Certain tail attacks would have hitboxes fully covering the tail.
  • When using the f-air, Yoshi's head gains an intangible period for frames 13-19.
  • Egg Roll's hitbox size would cover the egg better.
  • D-throw's ending lag would be reduced, enabling Yoshi to deliver a follow-up attack more easily.
  • In regards to the mid-air jump, I'd rather have knockback-based heavy armor over knockback resistance, since armor doesn't get ignored by burying hitboxes.

Last edited:

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
:ultdoc:
-All moves safe on hit
-Faster mobility & air acceleration
-Sour hits changed to sweet hits on F-Smash & Fair
-More knock-back on F-Throw so it kills
-Super armor instead of just light armor on both grounded & aerial Tornado

:ultridley:
-Better recovery
-SHAC &/or less landing lag on both Fair & Bair
-More knock-back on Up-Throw so it kills

:ultkrool:
-Anything & a lot of it

Leap of Faith

Smash Cadet
Buff wish list. Kirby movement and air speed increased. Jigs more damage and air speed. Wario make down smash actually do something. Bowser jr make all his moves do more damage in general. Diddy fix banana. Megaman more damage on fsmash. Ice climbers fix everything sadly they suck. Mewtwo make him heavier. Bayo leave dead please. DK make his aerials come out quicker because he is almost there and I would like to see him top tier. Bowser make his back air have more range. luigi change his jump back to the old way aka brawl. falco give him more speed on his moves he is to slow. Dr mario have him run faster. Duck hunt needs more range on his recovery as well as put the disc back to before and make the beans hit harder as well as make his smashes more consistent meaning I have seen so many times he hits the first part of it then misses the next 2 hits. Cloud better recovery as well has more damage on bair fair and uair. Chrom give him his death combo back. Villager make his nair stronger as well as the tree stronger and all his smash moves do more knock back and damage. Meta Knight give him one more kill option do not care where it comes from. Sheik double her damage on all moves. Falcon make his knee hit box easier to hit or make the damage a lot more. also give him uair combos. Shulk make him have moves that are good other then fair and nair. To me shulk is the most overrated character. Zelda remove that dumb up b hit box from her put double her speed in walking and aerials. Last give I not sure whats wrong with samus but she needs some kind of move to get in with.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Also fix Diddy's mobility, because for some reason, it's slower than it's supposed to be I feel. This is what's hurting his transition from Smash 4 to Ultimate more than anything else probably. It's just.. a real easy job to buff Diddy to become somewhat more viable.

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
Also fix Diddy's mobility, because for some reason, it's slower than it's supposed to be I feel. This is what's hurting his transition from Smash 4 to Ultimate more than anything else probably. It's just.. a real easy job to buff Diddy to become somewhat more viable.
You do realize that he's faster in both the air and on the ground in Ultimate right? I'm not sure what exactly you're seeing.

Dreambeatz

Smash Rookie
Mario's recovery to be good and that he actually can kill for once.

for DDD I'd like to see faster startup for neutral B. Also with how much landing lag his fair has you'd think it's the strongest move in the game. Sooo get rid of that...or make it strong enough to merit the drawback
Yeah.... no thanks.

Omnos

Smash Cadet
Increase Dr. Mario's vertical distance on up B and decrease end lag from Docnado.
Also a slightly faster dash so that tech chases aren't nearly impossible.

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Jigglypuff needs some sort of buff now and maybe Olimar. I don't necessarily know what would need to be buffed, but I feel like you hardly see anyone online using fighters like them. It's always the same fighter.

Dreambeatz

Smash Rookie
I feel like Jigglypuff needs some sort of buff now and maybe Olimar. I don't necessarily know what would need to be buffed, but I feel like you hardly see anyone online using fighters like them. It's always the same fighter.
Jigglypuff is fine but Olimar.... no.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Weren't there people suggesting Olimar was near top-tier because of some crazy combo game this time around? Up there with discussions about Pikachu and Inkling?

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Yeah.... no thanks.
Elaborate?
Where should Olimar's buffs be? Depending on the area that might not be necessary. Most people place him as a top tier. IMO he's kind of OP in a way.

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
lol I don't know. I just never see anyone use him. He was hardly used in Smash4 when I played and I have yet to see a match with him on Ultimate. He may be viable, I don't know and don't use him.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I posted the following table at the unrealistic changes to characters thread, but some of the attribute changes that I've inputted could be considered justifiable for some of the fighters.

Sorry, no :ultpiranha: here, as the following is for base game fighters only.

Notable changes that might feel justified
  • :ultkirby: - Kirby would sure benefit from a better air speed value, especially considering that horizontal movement has been one of his big weak points in the past games.
  • :ultluigi: - There's no reason for Luigi to still suffer from an abysmal air speed value. Unlike :ultkingdedede:, he only has one mid-air jump to use. Of course, air speed would still be at a below average level, but it would be better than that of :ultsimon: and :ultrichter:.
  • :ultjigglypuff: - Considering how sluggish it is on the ground, I would think that its air speed would be among the best of any fighter, surpassing even :ultyoshi:.
  • :ultzelda: - Mobility improvements, having better run speed, better air speed, and better air acceleration. Falling speed is slower though.
  • :ultdoc: - While still slower than :ultmario:, his mobility wouldn't feel quite as sluggish as before. In terms of the mobility values, walk speed and run speed are 0.901417x Mario's values, while air speed and air acceleration are 0.868048x Mario's values.
  • :ultganondorf: - A better mobility average, which includes not being so sluggish with his running. Mobility average would still be very low when compared to most other fighters though.
  • :ultmewtwo: - Weight is still below average, but would no longer be near the levels of :ultgnw: and :ultsquirtle:.
  • :ultsquirtle: - Better air speed, and falls faster as well. However, the increased falling speed could be a negative in the recovery department if Surf doesn't cover a greater distance.
  • :ultwolf: - Much better ground mobility, and weight is slightly above average. The faster falling speed could be bad, however, if Wolf Flash still puts Wolf in a helpless state, and Fire Wolf doesn't cover a similar distance as Fire Fox.
  • :ultrosalina: - Mobility average is much better, and is slightly heavier than :ultpeach: and :ultdaisy: as well. Rivals :ultmewtwo: for 3rd best air speed.
  • :ultlittlemac: - Falling speed and gravity are lower, which would at least help him out in the recovery department.
  • :ultridley: - Weight is increased to top 5 levels, and better mobility. Falls slower as well, but fast-falling is slightly faster.
  • :ultsimon::ultrichter: - Heavier weight than before. On a side note, almost every fighter would receive better air speed than the Belmonts (only :ultkingdedede: and :ultincineroar: are slower).
  • :ultkrool: - I don't know what the developers were thinking, but K. Rool really shouldn't be a major slowpoke all-around. Run speed is increased to tie with :ultmario:, and air speed is greatly increased to around the levels of :ultwario:. Fall speed becomes 2nd fastest, and gravity is weaker. Lastly, K. Rool surpasses :ultbowser: as the heaviest fighter. In regards to the Propellerpack recovery, maybe give K. Rool knockback-based heavy armor, so that his recovery can't be interrupted by low knockback attacks (maybe set the threshold to 150, but he would lose the armor upon entering a helpless state).
  • :ultincineroar: - No longer the slowest fighter on the ground, and would rival :ultganondorf: in the weight department. However, it would end up having the worst mobility average of all fighters. Walk speed is tied with :ultryu:, run speed is tied with :ultrobin:, and air speed is 2nd worst, only being faster than :ultkingdedede:.
Some of these inputs could be debatable though, especially since I have yet to actually play Smash Ultimate; no demo to try out.

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I don't think I mentioned it in this thread, but I would love for K. Rool's cannon to be able to shoot straight forward/backward and for Ridley's recovery to work in 8 directions. It feels so arbitrary and limiting that they can't.

Goddamn_Angela

Smash Cadet
:ultyounglink:—Killpower. Either that or make his U-Air as good as Toon Link’s is for him.
:ultike:—Increase his speed a bit. Or Aether and Quick Draw’s distance.
:ultolimar:—Give him Rock Pikmin. Please.
:ultwolf:—Sweetspot Wolf Flash shouldn’t put you into freefall.
:ultwiifittrainer:—Maybe buff her entire moveset.
Fr tho make Deep Breathing a bit faster?
:ultpalutena:—Four words: Down. Smash. End. Lag.
:ultbayonetta1:—Give her her old recovery back.
:ultinkling:—Maybe make the spike easier to get.

Of what you've posted these are the only ones I disagree with.

:ultyounglink: doesn't need buffs. He has enough killpower and is already in a great place.
:ultike: doesn't need to be faster. Could you imagine if he was faster when people are already complaining about him and his Nair shinanigans?
:ultolimar: doesn't need more kill power, since I'm assuming Rock Pikmin would increase the knockback/damage of any move they are part off. Olimar is already great and doesn't need more ways to kill you.
:ultwolf:... So Wolf can Spike you with Side B off the stage or use it as an edge guard and not get punished for it so long as he lands it? No thanks.
:ultwiifittrainer:I would like buffs overall but Deep Breathing is fast enough. Like, if you aren;t spamming it you should have no issues getting it out while spacing.
:ultpalutena:You. Shouldn't. Be. Using. Down. Smash.
:ultbayonetta1:She needs buffs but not this. Please.
:ultinkling:Inkling does';t need any buffs. Making Spike easier would just look like favouritism.

As for me, I'd love :ultisabelle: buffs to down B. It getting destroyed is annoying.

Omnos

Smash Cadet
:ultpit::ultdarkpit:
- remove the 1 frame loss of super armour from side b before connecting with a hurtbox.
- fix the interaction with side b deflecting a projectile or seriously reduce the endlag after.
- remove sour spot from f tilt.
- give bair stronger launch power

Last edited:

MattVRox0525

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-7454-9388
Switch FC
SW-5339-1787-8388
Of what you've posted these are the only ones I disagree with.

:ultyounglink: doesn't need buffs. He has enough killpower and is already in a great place.
:ultike: doesn't need to be faster. Could you imagine if he was faster when people are already complaining about him and his Nair shinanigans?
:ultolimar: doesn't need more kill power, since I'm assuming Rock Pikmin would increase the knockback/damage of any move they are part off. Olimar is already great and doesn't need more ways to kill you.
:ultwolf:... So Wolf can Spike you with Side B off the stage or use it as an edge guard and not get punished for it so long as he lands it? No thanks.
:ultwiifittrainer:I would like buffs overall but Deep Breathing is fast enough. Like, if you aren;t spamming it you should have no issues getting it out while spacing.
:ultpalutena:You. Shouldn't. Be. Using. Down. Smash.
:ultbayonetta1:She needs buffs but not this. Please.
:ultinkling:Inkling does';t need any buffs. Making Spike easier would just look like favouritism.
Well, this is a buff wishlist, so these are just buffs I would like to see for a character, not ones I expect. Also, I had to put one buff for each character, but since I honestly don’t really know much about these characters, I just thought up something I felt was a bit off. Still, you make good points, but just one thing:
About :ultpalutena:...
Yes. You should.

Not be using Down Smash.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Regarding Palutena, either buff her f-smash and d-smash to be much stronger and do way more shield damage, or reduce he startup and endlag. They're way too risky. Palutena has two almost useless high risk low reward smash attacks.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I know buffing Olimar isn't the most popular idea, but I only want one small change: White Pikmin should be immune to Piranha Plant's poison breath. Yeah, the cloud technically has the 'darkness' effect rather than poison, but then White Pikmin fall under this property too. I'm only asking for it as all the other Pikmin (minus Purples, which never had elemental immunity to begin with) are immune to specific elements, which is accurate to their series. I don't think this change would be that controversial, as it's only one move and it's not like Piranha Plant is much of a presence anyway.

More generally, I'd love to see some Bowser Jr. buffs but that's hardly controversial. Like making his recovery less easy to gimp.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Regarding Palutena, either buff her f-smash and d-smash to be much stronger and do way more shield damage, or reduce he startup and endlag. They're way too risky. Palutena has two almost useless high risk low reward smash attacks.
What exactly are the damage and knockback values for those attacks? I know that in Smash Wii U, if an attack deals 16% damage, has 40 BKB, and 100 KBG, it would be able to KO Mario below 100% damage, assuming that he's on the ground, placed at the center of an Omega form stage, and the knockback angle is set to the Sakurai Angle.

Based on what I'm reading, I'm assuming that Palutena's f-smash got nerfed, because it could definitely make KOs in Smash Wii U, but was hindered by a long ending lag period.

Haden

If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
Give Wario's Waft to Bowser Jr and delete Wolf. Then we have a solid low tier fresh out of the bottom tier.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
What exactly are the damage and knockback values for those attacks? I know that in Smash Wii U, if an attack deals 16% damage, has 40 BKB, and 100 KBG, it would be able to KO Mario below 100% damage, assuming that he's on the ground, placed at the center of an Omega form stage, and the knockback angle is set to the Sakurai Angle.

Based on what I'm reading, I'm assuming that Palutena's f-smash got nerfed, because it could definitely make KOs in Smash Wii U, but was hindered by a long ending lag period.
The hit is powerful but I don't have the data on it (yet). All I know is that's is ridiculously unsafe for what it is. Palutena might have the worst f-smash in the game (IMO).

Grizz.c

Smash Rookie
Triple post warning
I wish Simon and Richter got buffs. I main them.
They don't need buffs they are high tier. It is just that no popular pros use them.

I think Pichu is in need of buffs. He is my favorite character. I wish he would get more buffs to make him absolutely broken.
Are u good fichu is already broken

It may be a while before I can get my hands on Ultimate. I shall still provide input on this subject just the same. I shall wish for a maximum of one buff for each of my girls:

:ultpeach: - Considering she is kicking *** and getting good tourney results so far (believe me, I frequent the tourney results thread), it looks like she does not need any buffs here.
:ultdaisy: - Same as :ultpeach:, no buffs necessary.
:ultrosalina: - Make it so Luma moves forward from doing Rosa's jab. That looked to be a super-effective approach to stopping approaches in their tracks.
:ultbayonetta: - My best girl has been nerfed nastily and I bet most folks out there are feeling like the following...
View attachment 186859
Well, that does not hurt my feelings one bit. I think the one of the most important things about her to buff is to revert the changes in recovery frames to her combo starters. Racking up damage through 100s of combos was one of the components leading to her eventual victory after all. As for those other nerfs, I can manage. Matter of fact, CaptainZack managed and got a first-place victory in a tournament with my girl. See the tournament results thread if you do not believe me.

Sayonara:kirby:
Peach best character in game y she need a buff

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:ultmewtwo:
  • Buff his weight (not quite to the point of being a midweight, but just so he's not a balloonweight with a massive hitbox anymore)
  • Give Shadow Ball its charging hitbox back (he'd probably still have it if he never got cut, and Lucario kept his, so what gives?)
  • Give Dthrow a better launch angle for low-mid% combos (right now, it's useless, since it has no combo potential at any %)
  • Return Dtilt to how it was in Smash 4 (this'll probably never happen, but I can dream)
  • Remove the tip of his tail being hittable for certain frames of his jump (this is more a fix than a buff, I feel)
:ultrob:
  • Buff Dthrow's bury duration (pretty self-explanatory; it's basically the worst bury in the game, and a straight downgrade of Smash 4 Dthrow the way it is now)
:ultpiranha:
  • Improve his grab range (ideally, they'd do this by making him grab with his mouth instead of his leaf, but that'd require a full-on rework of his grabs and throw animations, so I don't expect them to do that. Still, it'd be nice if his good set of throws were a tad easier to access)
  • Reduce the landing lag on his airs (he kind of feels like a Smash 4 character with how laggy his airs are in general)
  • Reduce the startup on Dtilt (you'd expect it to be fast, but it comes out on frame 9, so it's really just kinda bad)
  • Give Down-B super armor (not heavy armor) on startup and/or partial intangibility throughout the move's duration (it's just terrible the way it is now and gets Plant killed more often than it should; either of these changes would hopefully give the move some use without making it overpowered)
:ultridley:
  • Allow Up-B to travel in all directions (there's really no reason for the move to be as limited as it is; his recovery wouldn't even be made that much better by this change, just more consistent)
:ultkrool:
  • Allow Neutral-B to shoot in more directions after catching the cannonball (see above)
:ultgnw:
  • Add Smash 4 throw combos (wishful thinking, I know)
  • Make Fair's bomb explode on contact with any hurtbox or hitbox (you know, like every other bomb in the game)
  • Revert Usmash's i-frames (probably not gonna happen, unfortunately)
  • Give a bunch of his moves more favorable hitboxes (mainly Dtilt and Utilt, even if it means making them disjointed)
:ultbowserjr:
  • Remove the mechanic of BJ not being able to get his Clown Car back if he gets hit by a weak hit out of Up-B (I'm honestly baffled this is still in the game; what even was the thought process behind this?)

Top Bottom