• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bubsy for the Next Smash Bros!

Questriolu

Smash Cadet
"Bubsy makes everything go wrong!"

Attacks and Tilts:
Jab: He will throw two scratches and a kick. Decent damage and knockback with okay range. Somewhat quick.
First two hits: 4%
Third hit: 4%

Dash attack: He trips and flops on his opponent. Not so laggy, and is pretty situational. Deals pretty good damage and knockback, with a good amount of shield damage.
11%

Side Tilt: Does a low roundhouse kick. Decent damage and knockback, with decent range. Medium ending lag.
5%

Up Tilt: Does a quick headbutt upwards. Decent damage and knockback, but short range.
3%

Down Tilt: Does two quick slashes on the ground to hit the opponent's feet. Low damage and knockback, but has decent range, and can connect even in as high as 150%. The second hit can KO at 150% at the ledge, but at 180% in the center stage.
Hit 1: 2%
Hit 2: 4%

Smash attacks:
Side Smash: He performs a big punch. Medium damage and knockback. Below average range, and moderate lag, though has low end-lag. If fully charged, it can KO pretty early, at as early as 78%
9-21%

Up Smash: He headbutts over him. Medium damage, with medium-high knockback. Good horizontal range, but low vertical range and uffers from heavy lag. Can KO at 96%
7-13%

Down Smash: Bubsy simply sneezes in front of him. Deals low damage and knockback. Good range and low lag, with an addition of being a very effective semi-spiking tool. Can strangely deal lots of damage to shields, almost instantly shattering them when fully charged.
8-19%

Specials:
Neutral-B: Nerf Gun (Yes, he uses a Nerf gun. Don't ask, the peope at Acolade got the idea somehow. Anywho, it has decent range, reach half of Final Destination, dealing a good amount of damage, and can fire quickly. However, the projectile's speed is somewhat slow. It has a bit of knockback to KO, but not until 200%)
5%

Side-B: Bubsy Tackle (A raming move with decent horizontal distance. Has good knockback and damage, but struggles from moderate end-lag if missed. If it hits, it will deal a lot of knockback, being able to KO at as low as 74% at the ledge.)
12%

Down-B: Bubsy Slam (Bubsy leaps into the air diagonally, and does a body slam downwards to hit anyone on the way down. If on air, Bubsy goes straight down, then hits the ground or boundaries. Deals decent damage with decent knockback, in addition to have a good spiking power, but when Bubsy uses it, he takes 5% of recoil damage when he lands on the ground, 3% on any fighter, and 8% if he lands on water. Deals a lot of shield damage, being almost strong as Bowser Bomb, but weaker.)
12%

Up-B: Bubsy Panic (He panics while in mid air, and is left in a helpless state after that. With very minimal horizontal distance, and good vertical distance. Has a brief super armor at first couple few frames. Deals slight damage to nearby opponents if close to Bubsy, and has incredible KO power in the couple few frames of the attack, being able to KO at as low as 40%. As Bubsy rises upwards, nearby opponents are briefly stunned, but won't be stunned in the air.)
4%

Final Smash: Cheese wheels of Doom (Cheese Wheels roll around the stage, hitting any opponent as it goes. While it's the only move in Bubsy's disposal to have a somewhat decent KO ability, with good knockback, it deals very low damage. Worst of all, because Smash Balls and any items are banned in tournaments, it will limit Bubsy's KO tools. Lasts only for 10 seconds.) (2% per Cheese Wheel)

Aerials:
N-air: Bubsy does the same attack when he jumps on an enemy in his respectful game. Poor damage, knockback, range, and has high end-lag, but it can hit repeatedly. Has enough knockback to combo in low-medium percentages, but is effective until as high as 70%. Bubsy's few, but still ineffective combo moves.
Hit 1-4: 2%
Hit 4: 3%

F-Air: Bubsy preforms a double axe handle. Deals mediocre damage and knockback, with low range. Has spiking power, but is laggy. Spiking power is decent, but can strangely jab-lock. Due to the landing lag, it makes it somewhat difficult to follow-up.
8%

U-Air: Bubsy claps upwards. Average damage and knockback, with okay range.
5%

D-Air: Bubsy does an air stomp. Just an inferior version of Ganondorf's/Captain Falcon's D-air, as Bubsy can correctly spike opponents at 120% with lightweights, and 180% with heavyweights. It's much faster, though.
12%

Other attacks:
Get-up Attack(front): He will punch in both directions. Predictable, with the weakest get-up attacks in the game. 3%

Get-up Attack(back): Same is front get-up attack, except hitting from the back first.
3%

Get-up Attack(trip): Kicks in both direction. Slower and weaker than the other get-up attacks.
2%

Edge Attack: Bubsy just slams his face onto the ledge, hitting anyone on the ledge Bubsy's on. Does little knockback, and damage.
2%

On-Screen appearance:
-As he jumps onto the stage, he will say "What Could Possibly(Pawsibly) Go Wrong?" before going into his "fighting" stance.

Hurtsound:
-Bubsy makes a weaker hurtsound (minor hurt)
-Bubsy makes a regular hurtsound (slightly hurt)
-Bubsy makes an obnoxious hurtsound (more hurt)

Grab:
-He grabs with both of his hands. A somewhat quick grab, with slightly short range.

Pummel:
-He slaps his opponent. A fairly weak pummel, but is somewhat fast.
2%

Throws:
Forward Throw:
He kicks his opponent forward. Decent knockback, but terrible damage. Can only KO until very high percentages. 240% in the centre, and 200% near the ledge.
2%

Back Throw:
Forcefully throws his grabbed opponent behind him into the ground. No knockback, with mediocre damage, but will make the opponent briefly buried, making it useful for follow-ups.
4%

Up Throw:
Pulls out a cannon, and fires his opponent upwards with the cannon. The only move that can KO at 140%. Good knockback and damage.
7%

Down Throw:
Throws his opponent onto the ground. Can follow-up with a N-air and U-Air.
3%

KO Sound:
-Makes an obnoxious scream, applies to all KO sounds but his Screen KO.
-(star KO) Makes a similar obnoxious scream, but is more echoed.
-(screen KO) When Bubsy hits the screen, he shatters into smaller bits of himself, as if he's made out of glass. The shortest Screen KO in the game.

Stunned animation:
-He does a similar stunned animation from some of his certain death animations from his first game. As soon as Bubsy's stunned animation is finished in any way, Bubsy will melt into liquid, automatically making Bubsy losing his stock. Based on his dizzy animation and death animation from Bubsy 1.

Teetering:
-Makes the same animation when he balances himself when near the ledge of a platform in Bubsy 3D

Taunts:
Bubsy just shouts "What could possibly(pawsibly) go wrong?". All directions just show this taunt.

Victory Fanfare:
Remix of the Title Theme in Bubsy 1.

Victory Pose:
-Bubsy will just jump endlessly, obnoxiously yelling "I won, I won!!!"

-Bubsy will run quickly, slip on a banana peel, and lands on his back, shattering into a million pieces of himself, in a way he's made of glass.

-Bubsy will just flex endlessly, while saying, "Not bad, as I would say myself"

No Contest/Losing animation:
Bubsy claps sarcastically.

Idle animation:
All the idle animations are based on his idle animations in his respectful games, I don't want to list this now.

Palutena's Guidance:
Pit: Who is that cat wearing a T-shirt with an exclamation mark on it?

Palutena: That is Bubsy.

Pit: Bubsy? That doesn't sound like a good name for a character.

Viridi: And certainly not a good name for a cat. From what I can see.

Palutena: He is a very notorious character, as he's very obnoxious. He doesn't seem to do anything heroic or evil from what I can tell.

Pit: I can already tell.

Dark Pit: Maybe this Bubsy character might be as obnoxious as Pit.

Pit: Oh quit it, Pittoo!

Dark Pit: Not until you'd stop calling me that! But whatever. Any tips to fighting this bobcat?

Palutena: I'm glad you asked, Pittoo.

Dark Pit: *sigh of annoyance*

Palutena: For trying to fight him, he's not exactly powerful, but he is fairly quick. Some of his attacks can be fast, but the others are fairly weak. Despite this, he can try to KO you with some rather nifty tools...

Pit: Some nifty tools he has? U-um, okay, here it goes!

Aesthetics:
=Bubsy is most colorful than his previous appearances, giving him a bit more animated feel.
=Bubsy is mostly middleweight, allowing him to have a bit better chance for his recovery, and having slightly better survivability.

Positives:
+Bubsy can be used to break friendships via beating someone as Bubsy.

+He has a good run speed.

+Shield decays 40% slower.

+Nerf Gun has good range

+Glide can increase his airspeed slightly, improving recovery.

+N-air is a useful aerial combo, but will work until the opponent is in medium percentages

+Well, his alt costume looks decent. Especially his pink shirt.

Negatives:
-All of his attacks have a high amount of lag.

-His recovery is below average

-Side B leave Bubsy vulnerable to gimps, spikes, etc.

-If the Nerf Gun projectile is reflected, and hits Bubsy, he immediately loses a stock.

-Bubsy is the only character that has FALL DAMAGE. Anytime Bubsy uses fast fall, Bubsy will take 6% anytime he lands.

-Bubsy can't kill until the enemy is at 250%, regardless of weight, outside of his up throw.

-After he recovers from being dizzy, he will melt into a pile of liquid, making him lose the stock immediately.

Voice Actor:
Same guy that voiced Bubsy. I forgot who though.

Map:
Hamalot

Trophy:
-Bubsy:
One of the most notorious video game icons in the 90s, this bobcat is known to be super obnoxious. Aside from being able to die in 1 hit, he is super vulnerable to anything. This character has almost nothing redeemable, making Bubsy just some sort of Punching Bag for all fighters.

-Bubsy(alt):
Having the worst stats for any fighter, this trophy is just made for bragging rights that you're able to beat All-Star as Bubsy. Congrats.

Stats:
Grab Range: 0.7

Pivot Grab Range: 0.7

Grab time: 1.4

Pivot Grab time: 3.9

Sidestep/Spot dodge frames: 2-20 / 60

Rolling frames(foward): 5-20 / 50

Rolling frames(backwards): 5-20 / 50

Rolling distance(foward): Shortest foward roll in the game

Rolling distance(backwards): Shortest back roll in the game

Walkspeed: 0.9

Runspeed: 1.25

Jump Frames: 10 Frames

Jump Height: His jumps are mediocore, but average at best.

Weight: 90

Regular Falling Speed: 1.3

Fastfall Speed: 3.0

Air Speed: 0.5

Height: Higher than Little Mac, still can't find the numerical way.

Gravity: 1.4

Battle Damage:
-Bubsy's shirt get's scratched and ruined. Makes Bubsy even easier to KO at even 0% with a fully charged Foward Smash anywhere on the platform. Bubsy's shield also delays much faster in this way, lasting only for 5 seconds. Requiring only one shield-break.

Palette Swap:
White: Bubsy wearing a white shirt
Red: Bubsy wearing a red shirt
Yellow: Bubsy wearing a yellow shirt
Blue: Bubsy wearing a blue shirt
Green: Bubsy wearing a green shirt
Purple: Bubsy wearing a purple shirt
Pink: Bubsy wearing a pink shirt
Black: Bubsy wearing a black shirt

Crowd Cheer:
N/A

Boxing Ring Title:
"What Could Pawsibly go wrong?!"

Series Symbol:
Simply shows an exclamation point.

Kirby Hat:
-Shows Kirby with Bubsy's ears and tuft of hair on the forehead. Kirby can use the Nerf Gun as effectively as Falco's blaster.

Map Soundtracks(Not gonna lie, the music in Bubsy in mostly decent. Except for Bubsy 3D):
-Cheese Wheels of Doom Stage music
-Hamalot Stage music

Note: The Bubsy one is clearly a joke, if you already can't tell. At least he would be a better choice as a joke character, compared to Goku, Shrek, Cory, etc., as he has his own game, and is infamously one of the most infamous.

#WeNeedMoreCatsInSmashBros

Liked it? Well, here's another one if you want :3
http://smashboards.com/threads/klonoa-for-super-smash-bros-nx.431169/
https://smashboards.com/threads/leon-for-super-smash-bros-nx.440787/

Last edited:

Questriolu

Smash Cadet
I decided to give Bubsy some buffs after I looked back at it. Give it a look if you want

Algodonzo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Algodonzo
I think Bubsy could still be funny even as a balanced fighter. I know you were going for next to no KO power, but if he's a fighter, he might as well have some weird, obnoxious strengths. I'm thinking of a "clutch" factor, like Jiggs' rest. Other than that, I love this idea to death. Especially:
"Crowd Cheer:
N/A"
Also yes. We need more cats in smash.

Questriolu

Smash Cadet
I think Bubsy could still be funny even as a balanced fighter. I know you were going for next to no KO power, but if he's a fighter, he might as well have some weird, obnoxious strengths. I'm thinking of a "clutch" factor, like Jiggs' rest. Other than that, I love this idea to death. Especially:
"Crowd Cheer:
N/A"
Also yes. We need more cats in smash.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll try to fix things up here :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom