• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bubbles Swims Into Combat! - Smash Bros. Switch

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
So, I was thinking. I thought we could use another iconic, yet not well known, character into the game. Any ideas for Bubbles from Clu Clu Land?

This character could be a slippery type of fighter and could use her moves from Clu Clu Land and other NES titles. She could be similar to Jigglypuff, Ice Climbers, and Duck Hunt.

Last edited:
Would you mind adding more content to this post?

It's a bit on the small side compared to most other threads and isn't particularly inviting to new visitors.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
This one's tough. The character is known for constantly moving with no means to stop other than touching pegs.

Not that they need to stay 100% true to the games. Just make her a slippery character that still moves or slides after the slightest movement. Making the gimmick all about placing and suing pegs to maneuver yourself.

At least these are some ideas off the top of my head.

smashkirby smashkirby you might have some interest in this.

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Thanks, guys! :)
The reason why I placed Bubbles into this vote is because of how it needs more classic Nintendo characters. I know we got a lot of them in the series but I always wondered how she would fit in like the others ever since she was a trophy in Melee.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I still support Bubbles, but in terms of a moveset, I can imagine Bubbles using her nonstop movement to her advantage as well as her shockwaves.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Oh my goodness! I thought I was going to be the one to make this thread but lo and behold, it's already here! I 100% support this character! A movset involving her sound waves, the poles, the trampolines, the ingots, and even the black holes could work.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So, with Bubbles being a Spirit (I actually fought her in WoL), I was thinking about her being a playable character, and I wonder if Sakurai could have done something with her tendency to not stop moving around.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think you can definitely do something very interesting with a character that can't stop moving. Like others have said, a fast yet frictionless character seems like the way to go - the ultimate rushdown fighter.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So, with Bubbles being a Spirit (I actually fought her in WoL), I was thinking about her being a playable character, and I wonder if Sakurai could have done something with her tendency to not stop moving around.
i imagine so, but i dont really see why having be able to stand still would really harm her character any more than having the ice climbers play in near perfect sync harmed theirs

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I’d love to see bubbles as a fighter, but I’m sure a characteristic like that would drive me insane pretty fast.
At most, I think one of her attacks should involve her charging into an opponent, like Pac-Man’s side B.

I knew the character was a fish but I never knew it was a “she”. Guess I learned something today.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I’d love to see bubbles as a fighter, but I’m sure a characteristic like that would drive me insane pretty fast.
At most, I think one of her attacks should involve her charging into an opponent, like Pac-Man’s side B.

I knew the character was a fish but I never knew it was a “she”. Guess I learned something today.
Hmm... good point. I love retro/obscure folks, but I don't know if I'd be able to withstand that mechanic for too long.

Top Bottom