• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
The next time that ScAtt and/or Kamemushi is at a stacked tournament, I'm going to go out of my way to make sure I have the weekend off or any other day those two are playing as that has got to be one of the dumbest mistakes I have ever made in my entire life. I was up for like 26 hours from like 11pm ET Thurdsday until 1am ET today as I had to work and couldn't sleep for some reason and ended up sleeping for about 14 F****** HOURS1!1!

I must say man that this year's EVO 2016 Smash 4 was so hype and Kame defeating not 1, not 2, but 3 top level shieks with the blue bomber made me so happy. That loser finals was unreal too. Not only did Kame 3-0'd ZeRo who used Shiek in game 2 and Diddy in game 1 and 3, it wasn't pretty. Kame played ZeRo like a fiddle. Last but not least, I was laughing so hard at the commentary when they were talking about how Kame was playing Mario like he is a robot master and they started to give Mario nicknames like Mario Man, Star Man, Jump Man, etc.

I may be a little bummed out that our super fighting robot didn't come in 1st place, but getting 2nd place at a tournament with more then 2600 players is more than than enough to make me extremely happy.

I would like to apologize to one Mr. Kamemushi when I said he would be lucky to make it to the 2nd day at EVO back when he got 97th and 17th before. I knew he was really good, but I wasn't sure how he would fare given that recent track record. But now I know, I should hold my question mark reservations next time before I pre-maturely doubt the man. You shattered my expectations and I will glady take the L as man.

Kamemushi sir. You're not just "A" Mega Man, you're not even "MEGA MAN HIMSELF".

Y O U - A R E - A - M E G A - G O D!

Thank you such much for entertaining a nobody like myself and showing the world what the super fighting robot is truely capable of.

Sincerly,

~ Mythzotick :)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Congrats to Kamemushi! He showed everyone how strong Mega Man can truly be. I mean, the guy 3-0'd ZeRo. Congrats to Ally as well too.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Huh. Never thought I'd see the day that a Mega Man would shine on the spotlight. Cheers to Kamemushi on a job well done. :)

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412

Fitting song for a fitting hero, Kame made us all proud today. An inspiration to try and approach his level and show the world what the Super Fighting Robot is made of. Let us all keep this march going.

Today, I even (FINALLY!) pulled off his fabled footstool combo in a real match, twice. I almost feel like I could take on the world right now and I can't wait to try it out at my next tournament.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
So now that Kame has shown has effective Megs can be in the current meta, we can't slack off. We still need to keep showing that Megs is a great character. Just because we got an extremely high tournament result at the biggest tournament for Smash 4, that doesn't mean we can let the momentum drop. Keep going strong, my fellow Mega Mains. We still have some work to do. :)

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Practice those Kamemushi footstool combos and z-dropping mb on ledge as bait for bair my boiz. Oh, and also practice your reaction skills as well.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
https://www.twitch.tv/dabuz18/v/78747282
So Dabuz shares his wisdom on the tier list.

The good news: Mega Man is 14th on his list :D

The bad news: He says that Mega Man is linear

I'm currently looking at the character because I have no main atm and find his toolset interesting, but is he linear? The fact that his gameplan consists of 70% lemon walling does give me the feeling that he's a rather streamlined character, but all of his other tools give me hope that he has diversity (unfortunately a lot of those tools are flawed)

What do you guys think?

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103

I'm currently looking at the character because I have no main atm and find his toolset interesting, but is he linear? The fact that his gameplan consists of 70% lemon walling does give me the feeling that he's a rather streamlined character, but all of his other tools give me hope that he has diversity (unfortunately a lot of those tools are flawed)

What do you guys think?
Not entirely sure what Dabuz means by "linear," but Megs does require some knowledge on how his entire moveset works. The reason why you see lemons so often is because they're a great pressure tool and keep most of the cast at bay. Megs' moveset is also pretty diverse, but each of them have their own flaws that could be used against you (not to the extent of Pac-Man, but still could happen). The name of the game is keeping people out and doing what you can to keep them out, and if it involves a lot of lemons, do that.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115

What do you guys think?
The 2 mains reasons why he has Mega Man at 14th and not higher (that's Dabuz saying that he wants to put Mega Man higher and not me just to clarify) are because according to him, he only has 1 really amazing player in Kamemushi (I love me some ScAtt, but he isn't on Kame's level right now.) so he doesn't have enough fantastic results just yet and the Shiek matchup is a problem although he doubts it. He believes that Mega Man is this game's equivalent to Brawl Olimar and I can see the similarities between the two as they both have super safe neutrals in the form of walls.

He did mention that Mega Man is linear, but he also said that it doesn't matter because most characters don't really have an answer to lemons. Besides, in a way, a lot of characters can be linear in this game depending on how you play them so I find it to be subjective if that makes sense.

Yeah, when metal blades, air shooter, and leaf shield are used correctly, they can be deadly. Although, if you use them incorrectly, you could kiss your stock goodbye.

EDIT: I do however disagree with Dabuz in that Mega Man has a really good recovery. I've seen Mega Man get gimped too often for me to think he has a good recovery. If Mega Man's recovery was as good as he says it is, he would almost never get gimped excluding getting spiked.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
EDIT: I do however disagree with Dabuz in that Mega Man has a really good recovery. I've seen Mega Man get gimped too often for me to think he has a good recovery. If Mega Man's recovery was as good as he says it is, he would almost never get gimped excluding getting spiked.
I think Dabuz mean's that Mega Man's recovery is good in the fact that it sends him pretty high, but it leaves him open, kinda like Sonic's recovery. It's more predictable than bad if you ask me.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
I think Dabuz mean's that Mega Man's recovery is good in the fact that it sends him pretty high, but it leaves him open, kinda like Sonic's recovery. It's more predictable than bad if you ask me.
My definition of a very good recovery is :4sheik::4bayonetta::4pikachu::4villager: etc. Characters like these either have recoveries that are almost unpunishable or can be as far away from the stage as possible and can still come back.

Unlike Sonic, we can save our second jump after using Rush. Although, Sonic can use his homing attack and spindash to recover as well. If anything, Mega Man's recovery ranges from average to slightly above average.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
So I finished my first mega man game today, mega man 4! (I played mostly through mega man 2 as well but my iOS emulator failed once I got halfway through wily castle :[ )

And I have to say...this is a series for masochists lol. Perfect for me.
The game's unforgiving difficulty at times was both rewarding and rage inducing. Good times all around.

I'm slowly on my way to sharing the same passion for this series and character as many of you do. :grin:

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Wish I've gotten the PS4 version of the Legacy Collection instead of the 3DS one since I have not used my 3DS very much recently to the point that I might actually consider giving up on handhelds.

And I've only played Mega Man 1 and 2 so far. Haven't beaten them yet but I must say the levels are quite fun.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Tino Tino Legacy Collection's $15 on the PS4 if you get the digital version, which is the version I got. It's a great deal. :)

Nu~ Nu~ I'd say MM4's the most difficult on a design standpoint. Nearly every stage in that game has spikes, and Robot Masters like Bright Man will kick your ass hard if you don't know the trick to him. Contrary to popular belief, Mega Man 1 isn't that hard from a level design standpoint, but because of the archaic nature of the physics, it makes it more difficult than it actually is.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
My definition of a very good recovery is :4sheik::4bayonetta::4pikachu::4villager: etc. Characters like these either have recoveries that are almost unpunishable or can be as far away from the stage as possible and can still come back.

Unlike Sonic, we can save our second jump after using Rush. Although, Sonic can use his homing attack and spindash to recover as well. If anything, Mega Man's recovery ranges from average to slightly above average.
I would agree with that. I think Mega Man and Sonic's recovery are on even terms overall, due to the second jump being usable for Rush. Though I did kind of wish Mega Man had something for Horizontal recovery. Too bad Pluto's Break Dash isn't one of his attacks.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
I would agree with that. I think Mega Man and Sonic's recovery are on even terms overall, due to the second jump being usable for Rush. Though I did kind of wish Mega Man had something for Horizontal recovery. Too bad Pluto's Break Dash isn't one of his attacks.
Two words. RUSH JET!

If Mega Man had Rush Coil and Rush Jet, well then good luck trying to take a stock from him by gimping as that would hardly ever happen.

Also, more rumors that has everyone already thinking of the worst case scenario because we live in a day and age where Mega Man is forbidden to have "anything", "great", and "new" all mixed together in any form of media.

http://www.themmnetwork.com/blog/2016/7/22/rumor-details-on-mega-man-of-action-games

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Two words. RUSH JET!

If Mega Man had Rush Coil and Rush Jet, well then good luck trying to take a stock from him by gimping as that would hardly ever happen.

Also, more rumors that has everyone already thinking of the worst case scenario because we live in a day and age where Mega Man is forbidden to have "anything", "great", and "new" all mixed together in any form of media.

http://www.themmnetwork.com/blog/2016/7/22/rumor-details-on-mega-man-of-action-games
Rush Jet would be completely broken. Which is why I mentioned Break Dash, since it could deal damage and wouldn't be totally unfair if used in conjunction with Rush Coil.

As for the TV series based game, that was likely going to happen. Given both Sonic and Pac-Man both had games based on their cartoons. I have low expectations. But maybe it'll at least be serviceable. Though there was some interest in Mega Man 11, which could be a separate project from this.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Am kind of surprised no one is talking about this.

Personally I still need to finish the MM&B campaign. I got to Hyper Storm H and gave up.

FelixFaction

Smash Rookie
Well, this happened I guess. thank you based FelixFaction for giving Charge Shot a chance.

Charge Shot Mix-Up feat. Diag.-Up Metal Blade
https://youtu.be/rQUO9VBzBLY

Btw, this year's SGDQ was insane. Between MMZXA, Sword of Mana's original game on the OG Game Boy & an insane Tetris block, we had the hypest Pepsiman run ever. Seriously, if I find one version that was recorded with the chat, expect me to watch it AT LEAST 10 times XD
Just saw this, thanks for the shoutout! It's hard finding new and useful things that mm can use practically, but I try to show the community little things here and there. As a thank you, I'll let you know the next vid is going to be about crash bomb setups. Super underrated imo for some unexplored follow-ups. Thanks again and I'll see you guys around :3

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Just saw this, thanks for the shoutout! It's hard finding new and useful things that mm can use practically, but I try to show the community little things here and there. As a thank you, I'll let you know the next vid is going to be about crash bomb setups. Super underrated imo for some unexplored follow-ups. Thanks again and I'll see you guys around :3
I saw your Mega Man Color Challenge video on youtube a while back and couldn't help but noticed it had several errors with weapons matching certain colors and for the game they originated in. But I can look past that because I just can't understand that ending. How on earth did that ZSS player died TWICE when all you were doing was pretty much only using Rush Coil?!

Last edited:

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172

Personally I still need to finish the MM&B campaign. I got to Hyper Storm H and gave up.
I talk about that game as much as I can here. I was on the dev team for a while.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115

What boggles my mind is that I believe there is so much potential for a new Mega Man game to not only surpass the likes of Mega Man 2 and Mega Man X in sales due to the video game industry being a lot bigger now than it was 20+ years ago as well as Mega Man being a playable character in Smash 4, but also re invent itself while still maintaining its' core identity like Mario, Zelda, etc. Yet Capcom for whatever reason just doesn't see it. An example would be having an online multiplayer mode like this except in triple AAA graphics similar to Overwatch (It wouldn't be multiplayer online only unlike Overwatch has currently. What the hay Blizzard?).

Huge and passionate mega fans like MegaPhilX have proven to make not only fantastic fan made Mega Man games, but also rivals even the best Mega Man games ever made with very creative and fun levels, weapons, and bosses. Seriously, I have a hard time wondering if any other video game series has had more fan made games of a series than Mega Man has. We even have fan made games like Rokko Chan that might as well be considered one as well even if Rokko Chan isn't an official Mega Man character.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
What boggles my mind is that I believe there is so much potential for a new Mega Man game to not only surpass the likes of Mega Man 2 and Mega Man X in sales due to the video game industry being a lot bigger now than it was 20+ years ago as well as Mega Man being a playable character in Smash 4, but also re invent itself while still maintaining its' core identity like Mario, Zelda, etc. Yet Capcom for whatever reason just doesn't see it. An example would be having an online multiplayer mode like this except in triple AAA graphics similar to Overwatch (It wouldn't be multiplayer online only unlike Overwatch has currently. What the hay Blizzard?).

Huge and passionate mega fans like MegaPhilX have proven to make not only fantastic fan made Mega Man games, but also rivals even the best Mega Man games ever made with very creative and fun levels, weapons, and bosses. Seriously, I have a hard time wondering if any other video game series has had more fan made games of a series than Mega Man has. We even have fan made games like Rokko Chan that might as well be considered one as well even if Rokko Chan isn't an official Mega Man character.
Something similar happened with Iron Man. Before the Marvel Cinematic Universe, only comic fans knew about Iron Man. If you asked anyone if they knew anything about him back in 2006, most people wouldn't know what you're talking about. Thanks to the Iron Man movies, nearly everyone knows who Iron Man is, and some hold the claim that he became the new face of Marvel, though I still feel that Spider-Man holds that position.

If Capcom put the time, effort, and commitment into a triple A Mega Man game, then we could have something truly special.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Something similar happened with Iron Man. Before the Marvel Cinematic Universe, only comic fans knew about Iron Man. If you asked anyone if they knew anything about him back in 2006, most people wouldn't know what you're talking about. Thanks to the Iron Man movies, nearly everyone knows who Iron Man is, and some hold the claim that he became the new face of Marvel, though I still feel that Spider-Man holds that position.

If Capcom put the time, effort, and commitment into a triple A Mega Man game, then we could have something truly special.
I would think it would either be Spider-Man or Wolverine as the face of Marvel actually as oppose to Iron Man and it's also worth noting that Deadpool has exploded in popularity just recently. Then again though, I hardly follow Marvel or comics in general except for the Archie Mega Man series or use to that is due to Archie "putting the series on hiatus".

As for your last point/sentence, 100% agreed. As much as I LOVE the 8-bit and 16-bit Mega Man games, let's be real. The year is 2016 and there are hardly any games out there in that style that are as popular and successful as a mainstream game is including mainstream games on the 3DS and Wii U.

The series needs to evolve and not by adding another entity as that would divide the fanbase more and would just make the situation worse rather than better. I think they should mainly focus on the Classic series first as that's the one that almost everyone thinks of when ever someone brings up that name. Somewhere down the line if there is little to no risk of hurting the franchise as well as Capcom as a whole, they can afford to wrap up the Legends and ZX series due to the cliffhangers. You could say the same thing for the X series, but I'm indifferent on whether or not it should have closure since it's almost as popular as the Classic series is.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Mythzotick Mythzotick It's interesting to note that the Sonic franchise is taking notes by releasing Sonic Mania, a game that takes Sonic back to basics. Both the Sonic and Mega Man franchises have the same issue when it comes to dividing fans, but Mega Man didn't suffer nearly as badly as Sonic did when it come to the quality department.

I feel that Mighty Number 9 had the right idea going for it, but the terrible management is what held it back severely. I'm not asking for a Triple AAA experience right now, but what I want is a solid game. MN9 had the seeds planted for that, but the poor design and management is what held it back. Basically, I want a Mega Man game with passion and effort, as well as a budget.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
What goes on, blue bombers! Today is a very special day for me.
That's right. Today is my birthday. :)

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
What goes on, blue bombers! Today is a very special day for me.
That's right. Today is my birthday. :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Tino Tino ! :) Today is your special day and no one will take that away. So eat all the burgers, hot dogs, pizza, etc., and enjoy that delicious cake along with some ice cream.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Happy Birthday Tino.

Unfortunately there hasn't been a MM game that's surpassed MM2 in terms of sales despite the industry increasing in size. Granted I think it was stupid of Capcom to announce an un-green-lit game and how poorly they handled the cancellation fallout, but to their credit the Legends games sold poorly.

Granted I'm not sure if the 4 Million Mighty #9 kickstarter-ed is a good indicator of interest in a new title, but I still think Capcom needs to play things safe and try not to reinvent the wheel just yet. IMO:

Port MM9/10 to Physical Media/Next Gen Systems - MM1-6 are great and all, but it's not like it was super hard to find a way to play them already. A physical MM9/10 wouldn't really have that problem and would attract MM fans who already own them. Remove the on-disk DLC and make it obtainable through regular means (Amiibo support?) and you'd be golden.

16-Bit MMX9 - Why MM10 happened first still kind of confuses me, but it's hard to deny that this is the next logical step for the non-Classic series, especially with the success Azure Striker Gunvolt is seeing. Granted MHX was fantastic, but from a marketing standpoint a new SNES game would be an easier sell.

Mega Man Maker - Basically a retooled Powered Up!/Universe but in 8-Bit. Focus on MM1-3 weapons/enemies/bosses, MM/Proto/Bass, and have MM4-6/9/10 as DLC and you'd be golden.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Tino Tino Happy birthday.

Happy Birthday Tino.

Unfortunately there hasn't been a MM game that's surpassed MM2 in terms of sales despite the industry increasing in size. Granted I think it was stupid of Capcom to announce an un-green-lit game and how poorly they handled the cancellation fallout, but to their credit the Legends games sold poorly.

Granted I'm not sure if the 4 Million Mighty #9 kickstarter-ed is a good indicator of interest in a new title, but I still think Capcom needs to play things safe and try not to reinvent the wheel just yet. IMO:

Port MM9/10 to Physical Media/Next Gen Systems - MM1-6 are great and all, but it's not like it was super hard to find a way to play them already. A physical MM9/10 wouldn't really have that problem and would attract MM fans who already own them. Remove the on-disk DLC and make it obtainable through regular means (Amiibo support?) and you'd be golden.

16-Bit MMX9 - Why MM10 happened first still kind of confuses me, but it's hard to deny that this is the next logical step for the non-Classic series, especially with the success Azure Striker Gunvolt is seeing. Granted MHX was fantastic, but from a marketing standpoint a new SNES game would be an easier sell.

Mega Man Maker - Basically a retooled Powered Up!/Universe but in 8-Bit. Focus on MM1-3 weapons/enemies/bosses, MM/Proto/Bass, and have MM4-6/9/10 as DLC and you'd be golden.
I would agree that they should have some sort of physical MM9/10 release. Though the next main Mega Man game should have something along lines of MM7 and MM8's mechanics for Mega Man's playstyle. And actually market it to audiences properly. Make it look decent for whatever system it's on.

Another Battle Network or Mega Man X game could sell well. Given that those games also had entries that did pretty well. I would prefer Classic or MMX, gameplay wise. Legends 3 would be nice, but I understand it wouldn't do too well, again, unless they actually freaking market it decently.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I would agree that they should have some sort of physical MM9/10 release. Though the next main Mega Man game should have something along lines of MM7 and MM8's mechanics for Mega Man's playstyle. And actually market it to audiences properly. Make it look decent for whatever system it's on.

Another Battle Network or Mega Man X game could sell well. Given that those games also had entries that did pretty well. I would prefer Classic or MMX, gameplay wise. Legends 3 would be nice, but I understand it wouldn't do too well, again, unless they actually freaking market it decently.
Going of off MM8's custom Buster Shots, I think that would be a smart way to reinvent the wheel without moving out of the series comfort zone, assuming each level is able to be completed with the standard equipment.

Another X game I think is the most logical step, but I can see another Battle Network working out.

Legends 3 I don't think we will see for a LONG time unless a 3rd Party wants to helm it like Nintendo, Inti Creates, or Comcept, assuming the PSN classics weren't large enough successes for Camcom to warrant a revisit.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Hey Capcom, do you see this? If so, I hope you're taking notes.

Thank you.

Going off of what --- --- Knight Dude Knight Dude said, I think customization is a fantastic option to implement. This is one of the things that I was getting at when I was talking about the franchise having so much potential. Why stop at buster upgrades and Mega Man Maker when we can go, well, EVERYWHERE?! Here are just SOME of the ideas that I've thought about.

ITEM SHOP:
  • This should Include every item/upgrade available from MM7, MM8, MM9, MM10, MMV(gb), and MM&B.
  • Add physical stat upgrades and abilities such as increasing jump height, air speed, air acceleration, air deceleration, double jumping, super armor frames, invincibility frames, jet boots for hovering, aiming angles, mega upper (SHORYUKEN!!!!), ducking (lol), costumes, and more.
GAMEPLAY/PLAYABLE CHARACTERS:
  • Make it feel Mega Man+ and what I mean by that is for the most part, make it feel like Mega Man, but also add more stuff to it like fusing 2 or even 3 weapons together to create a new weapon with more power, versatility, and uniqueness. Don't let Wood Man know that as he would despise the thought of just 1 Atomic Blade as it would be an instant KO.
  • No repetitive boss fights except the robot master gauntlet and maybe whatever yellow devil incarnation you could throw into the mix.
  • As fun as Mega Man is, so are the other characters in the series and it would be nice to be able to play as Roll, Proto Man, Bass, and Duo to name a few and they would also have unique abilities, stats, playstyles, and some items that only that 1 character can buy. This wouldn't be exactly how I would envision it, but this is what I came up with as far as how all these characters would be different and unique from each other at least at the start.
Mega Man would be your typical jack-of-all-trades that can do all, but not master all and would be the ideal choice for people that would want to get into the series. Starts off with a mega buster that includes a basic set of 3 lemons and a charge shot along with a slide and Rush Coil. You can also play as him without his helmet on as an unlockable from the item shot and other unlockable abilities includes upgrades to his mega buster, for Rush such as Rush Jet and Rush Marine and as I mentioned earlier, the mega upper. Pretty simple. In other words, he would be the Mario of this game; as if that wasn't obvious enough.
Roll would kind of be a combination of a fragile speedster who sacrifices toughness for mobility and a lethal joke character who would have a lot of personality/humor that wouldn't be taken seriously, but has one special move that will **** your **** up! She would use her broom from Mega Man Powered Up and Tatsunoko vs Capcom for attacks AND hovering. While she would be the weakest character in both offence and defense as well as being the slowest character on the ground, she would make up for it by having a MUCH smaller hurtbox than Duo, a smaller hurtbox than Proto Man and Bass, and a little bit smaller of a hurtbox than Mega Man. She would also make up for it by being able to jump the highest, have the highest air speed, the second highest air acceleration, use here broom to hover like I said earlier, floaty, and crawl similar to Mega Man's slide except she can ALWAYS stay in a crouching position unlike Mega Man can after he slides. She would also be able to unlock her rolling buster, an exploding flower from Marvel vs Capcom, Beat who would pick her up if she were to fall in a pit and/or help her beat the living day lights out of enemies, and all of her costumes from Mega Man Powered Up including her Mega Man 8 costume. Roll would be good for non crowded levels and exploration; bad for crowded levels and boss fights.
Proto Man would be a glass cannon; can dish it out, but can't take it. Proto Man starts off with his proto buster; in which it's based off from Mega Man Powered Up that includes a standard shot equivalent to Mega Man's charge shot in size and power, and a super charge shot that while does take a while to charge up, one or two super charge shots would take out those big enemies that take forever to kill like the big eyes from Mega Man 1 and the power musclers from Mega Man 5. On top of that, he would use his proto shield to reflect weak projectiles whenever he isn't standing or shooting like he can in Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10. However, he would be the second weakest character in defense in terms of damage and would suffer the most from knockback ala Castlevania levels of knockback. Proto Man would be the second fastest character on the ground and would also have the second highest jump. Other unlockables include Tango who acts similarly to Sonic and proto strike; a powerful short ranged charged shot from Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters. An ideal choice for no hit runs.
Bass would be a lighting brusier; fast, powerful, and durable, but may have a drawback or two to keep him from being broken. Bass would start off with his bass buster; which would have rapid fire settings and can aim in 7 directions while also being able to dash, air dash, double jump, and gain access to Treble's treble boost. Other unlockable abilities include more upgrades for his bass buster, for Treble in the form of Super Bass, and can do a somersault kick like in Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters. Not only would Bass be the fastest character on the ground, but he would also be the second toughest character in defense. What would keep him from being broken would be being the most diffult to use (not only exactly sure how it would work, but have something about him that makes him too much for new players to handle), would have a faster fall speed compared to the others, have less items including no E-Tanks, W-Tanks, M-Tanks, and the items would be more expensive than others. He would pretty much play similarly to X from Mega Man X and would be an ideal choice for speed runs.
Duo would be kind of a mighty glacier; sacrifices mobility for strength. Duo would mainly play the same way he does in Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters where is more of a melee fighter in that game as opposed to Mega Man, Proto Man, and Bass. He would usually use his left hand for punching and creating shock waves as well being the only character whose dash would hurt enemies (unless you count Proto Man using his shield to reflect projectiles) using the spikes on his shoulder which is called giga tackle. He would also possess a charge shot in the form of a giant spirital looking hand albeit it would be mid range as oppose to long range. Unlockable abilities would include giant knuckle; a very powerful uppercut that sends the enemy flying. Since there isn't any other useful robot animal that Duo could use for himself, Capcom will just to make one and it better be awesome like Rush, Beat, Tango, and Treble are. Duo would be good for boss fights, but bad for levels as he would be a lot less mobile than the other four and would also have the largest hurtbox by a decent margin.
I think it would be kind of hilarious if Copy Robot/Mega Man? was also a playable character for the lolz. He would sport the purple scarf, red eyes, a darker shade of blue than Mega Man, a triangle instead of a square on his helmet, a **** eating grin on his face, and would play exactly like Mega Man.

LEVELS:
  • Every level should feel and play unique while also having some goodies that you can find like shooting walls to find a letter like in Mega Man 5.
  • Have the beginning levels include a secret alternate route to the boss that while it would be harder including a harder version of the boss, you'll get something cool and something really awesome if you do the same thing for the other 7 bosses.
  • Similar to the beginning levels, have the final levels also include an alternate route, BUT, you go to a different level once you completed it as opposed to getting something after go the alternate route; it's exactly like Star Fox and Castlevania 3 in terms of non-linear game play and more levels.
MODES:
  • If it were to not have a 8/16 bit look and instead were to have 32 bit look or a 2.5D HD AAA look, it would be nice if it were to have a mode where you can play the same exact game, but in the style that started it all. Similar to Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary in which you can either chose to play in Classic Mode or New Mode.
  • Include stuff from Mega Man 9, Mega Man 10, and Mega Man Legacy Collection like Boss Fight Trial Mode, Time Trial Mode, Endless Mode, harder difficulties, and some bonus stages.
  • Two player co-op done right plz!
MUSIC:
  • Referring to the first point of the Modes section, include music in modern rock guitar goodness and 8/16 bit music (DAT Mega Man 2 Medley gets me every time).
  • Have medleys for some/all levels as listening to something that loops in 20 seconds or less is kind of lazy even if it's really good.
  • Have every level and boss fight have more than 1 piece of music depending on how you beat the level or use some sort of button combination like you can in Shade Man's level in Mega Man 7 that plays music from Ghosts 'n Goblins.
I could go on and on if I really wanted to on ideas that would be really cool and fun, but that would take forever and I feel like I've gotten most of what I want along with what --- --- Knight Dude Knight Dude have said right here so...

Top Bottom