• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You know what I'd find funny?

If the Mii Gunner's X costume, when using the Charge Shot, replaced the charging sound with the sound X makes when charging his Mega Buster from X4 onward(which also appears for a second in Wreck it Ralph).

Like that's happening.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You know what I'd find funny?

If the Mii Gunner's X costume, when using the Charge Shot, replaced the charging sound with the sound X makes when charging his Mega Buster from X4 onward(which also appears for a second in Wreck it Ralph).

Like that's happening.
That'd be cool. Though the X1 sound is more nostalgic I think.

It'd be awesome to have MMX as a character, it's just unlikely as all hell. If Capcom did get another character, it'd have to be someone else who's close to Nintendo, like Phoenix Wright or something.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
If I had one character from Capcom joining Sm4sh, then I'd call for Mr. Bison (mainly because I didn't play many of their games and because we already have enough fanservice IMO *looks at ZSS*)

Also, I got the WiiU version yesterday. Time for practice...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Eh, unlikely as it is, I'd totally use Wesker or Zero if they ever entered Smash.

Or Vile.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Good morning and/or evening.

Mega Man seems untouched. All damages are the same. Knockback feels the same. Uair and utilt are still ridiculous moves.

Sleep tight.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So there's this thing where you can vote for which Mega Man game gets on Virtual Console for the Wii-U. I'm hoping Mega Man and Bass wins actually. It's not the best in the series, but it hasn't had much of a release outside of Japan and the GBA world wide.

Not too sure if it'd happen, but I'd like if the SNES version got an official translation. You can also vote for Zero 2, Battle Network 3 and Battle Network 4.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelsto...-titles-to-wii-u---vote-for-the-first-release

It's nothing major in the grand scheme of things, but it's a cool addition nonetheless.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I had just enough eShop funds to get the X costume.

Now I'm running around in Classic Mode pretending that Master Core is Sigma from X5 lol.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
So there's this thing where you can vote for which Mega Man game gets on Virtual Console for the Wii-U. I'm hoping Mega Man and Bass wins actually. It's not the best in the series, but it hasn't had much of a release outside of Japan and the GBA world wide.

Not too sure if it'd happen, but I'd like if the SNES version got an official translation. You can also vote for Zero 2, Battle Network 3 and Battle Network 4.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelsto...-titles-to-wii-u---vote-for-the-first-release

It's nothing major in the grand scheme of things, but it's a cool addition nonetheless.
Zero 2: Great game, possibly the most even in terms of difficulty for the Zero series.
Battle Network 3: Second favorite Battle Network game (favorite is 6).
Battle Network 4: Worst Mega Man game I've ever played (no, I have not played X6 or X7 and the DOS games don't count)
As for Mega Man and Bass, while I may not like it too much, I do consider it part of the main series, and I find it odd that I'm missing a main series entry on a console. Still, when it comes out, that'll still leave 8 the odd game since it'll be the only game I don't have for a Nintendo system (I own the PS1) version.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

If only I didn't already own them all including an original copy of MM&B, which I voted for. :cool:

Would guess Zero 2 will win. Great game.
BN3 is good, though not my favorite.
I don't understand the BN4 hate beyond having to replay it for all the Double Souls.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
With X's costume, well...

devil.png

For proper ambiance.

Oh please Zero 2.

PLEASE.

I love that one.

Last edited:

Crescent_Sun

Smash Apprentice
So glad everyone seems to like Zero 2 so much! I voted for that one as well. It's my second favorite Mega Man game, Zero 4 being the first by a short margin because of its ending.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
So glad everyone seems to like Zero 2 so much! I voted for that one as well. It's my second favorite Mega Man game, Zero 4 being the first by a short margin because of its ending.
I prefer Zero 3 over 4 because of the replay ability of the game, but I do think Zero 4 is a better challenge. Also, THANK LIGHT THE RANKING SYSTEM DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING!!! :D

Crescent_Sun

Smash Apprentice
Ranking system was the worst thing about the Zero series, primarily because you couldn't retry for a better ranking. That's one thing I love about Gunvolt, I can keep retrying /sections/ on my first runthrough just to make sure I get that sweet A rank.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Ranking system was the worst thing about the Zero series, primarily because you couldn't retry for a better ranking. That's one thing I love about Gunvolt, I can keep retrying /sections/ on my first runthrough just to make sure I get that sweet A rank.
Zero 1's ranking system was just there. Zeroes 2 and 3... was a pain. Thank god Zero 4 changed that.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Zero 1's ranking system was just there. Zeroes 2 and 3... was a pain. Thank god Zero 4 changed that.
They probably could've done without the ranking system in the Zero series, but I guess they wanted to have some sort of performance system similar to the later games in the X series. But the plus side to this is that the Zero games had New Game+ functions, so if you missed an EX Skill in one or more of the stages you could try to get them again. Speaking of EX Skills, I like the Skills of Z3 over all others, they were just so awesome. Particularly the Z-Buster EX Skills. Overall Z3 is my favorite game in the series, followed closely by Z4, but they were all really good.

Personally, I didn't like the whole weapon experience thing in the first two games. Z3 did away with that, which I was happy with. It's kind of annoying to not be able to use full Z-Saber combos or Buster shots from the get go.

A ranks are pretty good in Gunvolt which net you a decent amount of rewards(assuming you've also collected all of the medals in the stages), but I think it's best to spring for S ranks. A good S rank run will net you up to 12 picks on the results screen. S+ ranks also exist, but you really gotta bust hump to get one of those. Out of all the time I spent playing the game I've only gotten it once.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Going to a national and the biggest tourney I've been to yet, some top players are gonna be there too like Mew2king and Leffen. Gonna be repping :4megaman::4greninja::4sonic: and I hope I do good. Wish me luck!

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Going to a national and the biggest tourney I've been to yet, some top players are gonna be there too like Mew2king and Leffen. Gonna be repping :4megaman::4greninja::4sonic: and I hope I do good. Wish me luck!
Superman does good. You're gonna do well.

Lol good luck!

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Do your best! Remember: You're more than a robot.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
The pools are still on, 2 wins and a loss so far. Unfortunately, my Greninja isn't as up to par as I thought and is a little sloppy, so not gonna play him today. But Mega Man is being my Hero! Not only did I beat one of my state's PR members, but....... I beat Legendary Jigglypuff player Hungrybox! 2-0 I might add! The crowd was real hyped watching it and its the most fun match I've played in my life so far. Gonna be uploaded later and I can't wait to view it again. Got a lot of congratulations after the game, and California's Top Mega Man wanted to money matc me too (had to decline, I can't afford to have my dad get mad at me for that and I hate the Mega Man ditto soooo much). Granted, he admitted he didn't know the matxhup too well and he kinda rolled a bit during the duel, but beating a famed player feels so satisfying and I just might be the best Mega Man in my state! Also, I was originally supposed to fight Leffen instead of him, but apparently Leffen left the arcade after eating and dropped out of the tourney, so they replaced him with Hungrybox.

I might have to main Mega instead of Greninja now.....

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Recently have been playing some of the old classic Mega Man games to be one with Mega Man (also they're fun to play). On the other hand I've been refining and preparing my Mega Man for my next local tournament this Friday and I can tell it has been getting better. I've finally got into the habit of more jabs / tilts / nairs and have started to mix in more short hop nairs into my gameplay (still not fully there yet though) and overall I've notice I have started to use my Crash Bomber / Leaf Shield more often and using the diagonal directions of my Metal Blades more often, also my up tilt reads have been getting better and I'm examining a lot more of Zucco's / NinjaLink's Mega Mans.

@ Yink Yink Random question but are you the same Yink who was talking on Acid's stream and helping Hackoru with his homework? :O

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
During my experience at MVG Sandstorm, I had so much fun using Tornado Hold and Plant Barrier and I am now completely sold on both moves.

After checking out the Tornado Hold Theorycraft thread here, I've found lots of uses for said move and I think I'll be using it for quite a lot now:
  • Edgeguarding those who recover low and pushing them up higher (which leaves them vulnerable to Slash Claw or Danger Wrap)
  • Combo Tool: I like to follow up a Danger Wrap, Flame Sword, or Slash Claw afterwards. Even if I can't combo with it, I still get to frame trap their air dodges with Air Shooter or another Danger Wrap.
  • An Out Of Shield option, and as previously mentioned, a comboable one at that. Even if I get grabbed, Tornado Hold freees me from a grab if I do it just before I do get grabbed, which is pretty nifty :p
  • Protecting myself when recovering to the ledge, the hitbox extends over it and still hits people standing at the edge waiting for me come closer.
Its not a straight upgrade to Rush though and I get a much weaker recovery, plus I don't get saved by Meteor Smashes anymore. I like both moves a lot, and I think I can live without Beat.

I feel Plant Barrier is a little more useful than Leaf Shield and I've got more mileage out of it. It does more damage, has more hitstun, has a bigger hitbox, and the petals don't disappear. Leaf Shield starts up faster and flies further when thrown, so its a bit easier to use and is more reliable in the neutral game. But while its better for the neutral, I don't find Leaf Shield as rewarding and I don't really get all the much out of it when I use it, and I tend to find Plant Barrier greater when I'm at an advantage and I get something out of it. I also like Plant Man and think he's a cool robot master, and no one likes plant man :sadeyes:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Sup. Megaman is da bomb diggity! *cough *cough bad jokes aside, Link boards are being a real pain and my meta is getting stale, so i've switched up mains. I think i'm doing pretty good with megaman atm. Btw, I dunno if I should be surprised mighty no 9 are people's fav over gunvolt. I've only played the latter as a demo, but I can sorta see why: pacing is slow in gunvolt due to having to use your electric aura as your main form of attack. Pacing is fast in mighty no 9 due to the dash attack. Simple as that, i guess. Wish there were speedruns of gunvolt, though...

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
Welcome! Yeah, I hear the Link boards are a "pain," that's a nice way to put it...

This board and the navigator thread are great places to start. Us Mega Mains are a welcoming bunch, you'll enjoy your stay here!

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Welcome! Yeah, I hear the Link boards are a "pain," that's a nice way to put it...

This board and the navigator thread are great places to start. Us Mega Mains are a welcoming bunch, you'll enjoy your stay here!
To be fair, i wouldn't say they are a "pain", just that they are very strict and unforgiving with their rules.

And while all the sarcasm and brutal responses seem a bit out of hand, they do make their rules very clear to try and avoid that.
But i admit that sometimes i go there read some stuff about their MUs but end up reading some flame wars to pass time.

Last edited:

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
As an educator who fights against bullying, I respectfully disagree. Regardless, I'm happy you're here!

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Didn't knew about that, so now i see your point.

I don't know, i guess i'm just more forgiving on this things since most of my family is also the "unforgiving" kind, so i'm used to it.

Also yeah, one of the best parts of being a Mega main is this boards, everyone rocks. No, that wasn't a pun

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
I also like Plant Man and think he's a cool robot master, and no one likes plant man :sadeyes:

I do like Plant Man because of his level (platforming on flowers with DK & pirhanas FTW), but how can anyone prefer him to Knight Man or Flame Man ? Poor guy got the short stick out of MM6's Robot Masters :ohwell:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Plant Man isn't so bad, and his weapon is pretty useful in Smash. But I do prefer Flame Man, Knight Man and Tomahawk Man. I think Blizzard Man is a bit underrated, but that might just be me liking his weird weapon.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I do like Plant Man because of his level (platforming on flowers with DK & pirhanas FTW), but how can anyone prefer him to Knight Man or Flame Man ? Poor guy got the short stick out of MM6's Robot Masters :ohwell:
From what I remember in MM6 his Plant Barrier wasn't really spectacular at all. It couldn't be launched when deployed though Plant Man could launch it at you, which is weird.:confused: Unfortunately it turned out to be one of the lamer special weapons in the series that really had no use outside of beating Tomahawk Man, who had practically the best special weapon of the game.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
From what I remember in MM6 his Plant Barrier wasn't really spectacular at all. It couldn't be launched when deployed though Plant Man could launch it at you, which is weird.:confused: Unfortunately it turned out to be one of the lamer special weapons in the series that really had no use outside of beating Tomahawk Man, who had practically the best special weapon of the game.
Doesn't help that it had two predecessors that were literally the exact same thing (Skull Barrier and Star Crash).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Silver Tomahawk was pretty badass wasn't it? I remember Flame Man's weapon being useful too.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Doesn't help that it had two predecessors that were literally the exact same thing (Skull Barrier and Star Crash).
Personally, every shield type special weapon should be able to be launched in some way or another, or have some specific property that makes it stand out from the rest. Much like J. Satellite which could deflect some projectiles and destroy certain enemies without using itself up in the process, or W. Shield which scatters when released and the shield itself can hit targets multiple times. Those two are basically the best shields of classic Mega Man because they are actually viable in many situations while some of the others...don't really do much.

Silver Tomahawk was pretty badass wasn't it? I remember Flame Man's weapon being useful too.
It was effective against many targets, making it almost like the Metal Blade. Almost. I remember Knight Crush and Yamato Spear being fun to use as well.

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
I play Mega Man games a little weird. I usually never use the special weapons before the fight with the cloned robot masters (Before Wily).

I was always worried I'd run out of weapon energy, so.... I just avoided using them. :p

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I play Mega Man games a little weird. I usually never use the special weapons before the fight with the cloned robot masters (Before Wily).

I was always worried I'd run out of weapon energy, so.... I just avoided using them. :p
You know what the real problem is? Many of the games in the series didn't allow you to use your Buster in conjunction with the special weapons(but I know that was a hardware issue particularly for the NES, having just two face buttons doesn't help). This is one of the reasons I like MM8 so much, and consequently the later MMX games followed this logic. That's my reasoning anyway, unless of course there's a special weapon that is decently powerful and has ammo to spare(like that awesome Laser Trident).

Top Bottom