• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brothers Calamity: Donkey Kong's Jab Combo & D-Air Lock

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
♫ He's the leader of the bunch, you know him well
He's back in Smash to kick some tail
His down air sets up for pretty good locks
Get caught in these and lose your stock!
His down tilt and jab can combo too
He's the first member of the DK Crew ♫

This video by Brothers Calamity shows some good tricks that Donkey Kong can use in battle. From Jab and downtilt combos to how Dair can set up for amazing combos if the opponent misses a tech, the knowledge in this video is sure to help out Donkey Kong mains. Give it a watch and increase that knowledge of Smash!

SmashCapps hoped readers enjoyed his... "unique" rendition of the DK Rap for this article. To keep up with his writing adventures (and mad rap skills) go follow him on Twitter.

Last edited:

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
Interesting video.
Thanks for sharing.
Will keep this in mind when facing DKs from now on.

herpyderpherper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
trjcchapple
Hes back again, and about time too, and this time, he'll upair you, launch you real high with his old up air on, with his banana and dthrow, hes the best kong

Ok i shouldnt be allowed to make these things

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
This is now an Expand Dong Thread. All DK discussion will be talking about the viability of the Expanded Dong.

What do you call the endlag after DK whiffs his moves?

Thank you everyone, I will be here all week. :dkmelee:

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
Uhhhggg why do I read Smashbords comments. They just make me sad for humanity.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
What makes me sad for humanity is the emphasis you pro wannabes (or even self proclaimed pros) put on jab locks and strings rather than capabilities approaches by emphasizing a characters complete moveset, including b reversing. I doubt the person that created this video or that any of you know that DK has the ability to b reverse and wavebounce ALL of his special moves, on the ground AND in the air. Yet are there any videos on it or anyone saying anything about it to see if it makes DK a more dynamic character, more than 9 months after the game has come out? Nope Ya'll just want whatever is easy, and if that's the case you shouldn't be playing DK to begin with.

Last edited:

iDreamTheater

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iDreamTheater
3DS FC
5472-7184-0561
No, I know you at least cannot wavebounce Charge Shot. You can barely B reverse it.. <3 Samus

Trunks159

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Trunks159
What makes me sad for humanity is the emphasis you pro wannabes (or even self proclaimed pros) put on jab locks and strings rather than capabilities approaches by emphasizing a characters complete moveset, including b reversing. I doubt the person that created this video or that any of you know that DK has the ability to b reverse and wavebounce ALL of his special moves, on the ground AND in the air. Yet are there any videos on it or anyone saying anything about it to see if it makes DK a more dynamic character, more than 9 months after the game has come out? Nope Ya'll just want whatever is easy, and if that's the case you shouldn't be playing DK to begin with.
:rolleyes:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Don't let that door slam your butt on the way out.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Well he does have a point. So much of DKs tech is never talked about
Yet putting it in a condescending manner, speaking with a snobbish attitude and adding "you shouldn't be playing DK to begin with". It doesn't matter if he had a point, it doesn't excuse his toxic behavior so let's not advocate for this kind of people, shall we?
If he wants to help the community and the character, rather than complaining about the lack of video he should make one instead, assuming that that door doesn't slam his elitist butt on the way back of course.

Last edited:

Spooks

Smash Rookie
NNID
JohnSpooks
Yet putting it in a condescending manner, speaking with a snobbish attitude and adding "you shouldn't be playing DK to begin with". It doesn't matter if he had a point, it doesn't excuse his toxic behavior so let's not advocate for this kind of people, shall we?
If he wants to help the community and the character, rather than complaining about the lack of video he should make one instead, assuming that that door doesn't slam his elitist butt on the way back of course.
I can see why someone would take offense to what he said. Maybe he'll make a guide :)

Top Bottom