• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brooklyn Smash -- serious WiiU smashing practice timez!

infomon

Smash Scientist
[This post is repeatedly updated to keep the latest info]

Seriously friendly serious smashing timez! Let's prep for WiiU tourneys aka Apex amirite!?
  • This Saturday, Dec. 13th
  • 4pm+
  • Smash for Wii U and/or 3DS
Jay St./Metrotech (downtown Brooklyn)
https://goo.gl/maps/FSMhn

Subway stops:
A/C/F/R:
Jay St./Metrotech
2/3/4/5: Borough Hall
Q: Dekalb

I'll get snacks and/or pizza.
BYO Controller or 3DS
Respectful / decent people only.

Post here if you're coming and I'll PM you my apt. # and phone # so I can let you in. w00p!

:awesome::awesome::awesome: We might have a live-stream!! :awesome::awesome::awesome:

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
This sounds like a blast! Trent and I actually each got early codes so... We'll be well practiced ;)

I'll keep you posted but I should be able to go. I'll make sure Trent knows about it too.

:093:

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Wow, this is great. Can't wait! We should all chip in for pizza and what-not.

@NinjaLink where u @?

infomon

Smash Scientist
Updated the OP. Let's practice free-for-alls of the full version on Friday in prep for the Nintendo tournaments the next day!!!!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'll talk to my aforementioned group again about a possible merging because I promised them I'd go to their Smashfest on release.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Oh yeah, forgot you had something planned. Well whatevs, these events don't need to be merged, but if your crew wants to join then awesome.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Word, I'll let you know. If they don't agree to this location then I'm obligated to join them. Sorry :/

BlkSheep642

Smash Apprentice
I need to keep up on Smash Boards, but I'll totally be there. I'm getting my game on Wednesday so I can try to unlock as much custom moves/equipment as I can. I feel like it'll give a significant edge over those who have less time with the game

infomon

Smash Scientist
This is still happening! w000 let's smash it up Fridaytimez!!!!!!

(I was away past 2 days so couldn't smash the boards)

@ BlkSheep642 BlkSheep642 how in the mighty sakurai are you getting the full game earlier than its official release?? #idontbelieve

BlkSheep642

Smash Apprentice
This is still happening! w000 let's smash it up Fridaytimez!!!!!!

(I was away past 2 days so couldn't smash the boards)

@ BlkSheep642 BlkSheep642 how in the mighty sakurai are you getting the full game earlier than its official release?? #idontbelieve
there are a couple stores I know of that always sell games before release date, and I've asked both, and they'll both have it tomorrow, one of them by noon. I expected to have it today... but w.e, one more day doesn't hurt. (I'll say what stores & where in person, but not online)

Kryptonite

Smash Rookie
It is possible that I can join in? I'm a Brooklyn local who goes to school in your area.

BlkSheep642

Smash Apprentice
Been playing for like, 12 hours straight, so excuse my inability to think.

Are messages on this site called conversations? if so, I haven't gotten one with the info to meet up with you tomorrow. I get off work at 5:30 in the Bronx, so I'll be able to go home and change and stuff i think and get to borough hall by 8

infomon

Smash Scientist
haha whoops! yes private messages are called "conversations", kind of dumb, oh well, anyway I sent you the details.

Variyen

Smash Rookie
Hey man, I just moved to NYC a week ago and I'm really just looking to meet some fellow smash players. I haven't logged on to smashboards in like 6 years haha. Anyway if things are still happening, It'd be great to swing by.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Hey man, I just moved to NYC a week ago and I'm really just looking to meet some fellow smash players. I haven't logged on to smashboards in like 6 years haha. Anyway if things are still happening, It'd be great to swing by.
Oh, sorry we missed you tonight then! blksheep and I got some great practice in for the NYC tourney tomorrow (urrrk... today... need to sleep aaaah!)

Hoping to do another smashfest soon, prolly next friday, I seem to like fridays :)

Variyen

Smash Rookie
Oh, sorry we missed you tonight then! blksheep and I got some great practice in for the NYC tourney tomorrow (urrrk... today... need to sleep aaaah!)

Hoping to do another smashfest soon, prolly next friday, I seem to like fridays :)
No worries! I didn't see the thread until it was too late.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Hey so I'm really bad at Smash compared to you guys and I'm LOL OLD and have no one to really play with except my little brother on the west coast - do you all have room to wreck someone next time something like this comes around?

infomon

Smash Scientist
I'm also old and I'm bad and I'm hosting :D so definitely come join us next time!

Pretty sure I'll host again this coming Friday.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I've updated the OP. I'm hosting Saturday, 7pm+. We can place bets on the livestream of the Nintendo championship lol.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
I've updated the OP. I'm hosting Saturday, 7pm+. We can place bets on the livestream of the Nintendo championship lol.
Ok. Thinking about going to this but just 1 thing

I dont have my own 3ds or copy, would that be trouble and sshould i just not go?

Last edited:

infomon

Smash Scientist
Whoops sorry mixed up my threads. I have a single 3DS, and a brawl setup (lolz). So we'll need at least one other 3DS but then I don't mind sharing / changing up who's playing. Or we can get some brawl / PM / Melee going.

Merlin_320

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1864-9694-1213
Hey, I'm new to the smash community, I live in brooklyn also and been looking around for some other smash players in the area.
I've realized I missed the event so I'm just curious is there an event every weekend because I would be down to go.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Yep, I've been trying to host an event every week! Unfortunately I just broke the control stick off my 3DS (ya... oy.... didn't even think I was hitting it hard!), so I'll be bringing it to Nintendo today and hopefully they can fix it. But I doubt I'll have it by the weekend. I'm still happy to host on Saturday if anyone's interested.

Merlin_320

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1864-9694-1213
Yep, I've been trying to host an event every week! Unfortunately I just broke the control stick off my 3DS (ya... oy.... didn't even think I was hitting it hard!), so I'll be bringing it to Nintendo today and hopefully they can fix it. But I doubt I'll have it by the weekend. I'm still happy to host on Saturday if anyone's interested.
That sucks, sorry to hear that. I'm willing share my 3ds to let others play, I don`t mind. Im free on weekends so if anyones having friendlies feel free to message me.

Last edited:

infomon

Smash Scientist
Saturday is a GO!

I don't have a circle-stick on my 3DS anymore but I might try gluing it on. @Schwaka linked me to a video showing how to get replacements but I won't be able to try that out in time I don't think.

Anyway, come! Bring friends! and working 3DS's! I'll update the OP, but basically:
- this Saturday (tomorrow)
- 7pm+
- my apt. in downtown brooklyn (jay st./metrotech)
- w00p!

Ceepa

Smash Rookie
[This post is repeatedly updated to keep the latest info]

Let's play some Sm4sh! This is a smashfest to practice so that we can get better. I have space for a small group. Feel free to bring friends, just let me know how many.
  • This coming Saturday, Oct. 18th (tomorrow!!)
  • 7pm+
  • Smash 3DS
Jay St./Metrotech (downtown Brooklyn)

Subway stops:
A/C/F/R:
Jay St./Metrotech
2/3/4/5: Borough Hall
Q: Dekalb

I'll get snacks and/or pizza.
BYO3DS
Respectful / decent people only.

Post here if you're coming and I'll PM you my apt. # and phone # so I can let you in. w00p!

I am looking for something exactly like this. I'll keep an eye on the threads in case you do it again.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Short notice!! Let's Smash the Wii U today! (Saturday, Nov. 22)

I decided at the last minute to not go to KTAR XI. Instead, I'll stay at home and practice up. Come over and let's explore this new game!! uhhhh 3pm-8pm? or something like that

Dr. Grandpa

Smash Ace
Looking for someone to train w/ in Brooklyn anytime soon. Btw, haven't played the new game yet.

infomon

Smash Scientist
@ BlkSheep642 BlkSheep642 and I are intending to smash it up again Saturday evening. It will be For Serious training! Anyone's welcome to join, probably say 4pm+ but details pending.

Dinotard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Onehardtard
3DS FC
2766-8060-2134
@ BlkSheep642 BlkSheep642 and I are intending to smash it up again Saturday evening. It will be For Serious training! Anyone's welcome to join, probably say 4pm+ but details pending.
How late do you guys plan on doing this. I'm interested but I work late nights. Looking for some local smashers in NYC to play with

Top Bottom