• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bring the heat! Incineroar Social thread

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Hello, everyone. Ready to enjoy our heel luchador? The time has finally come for Incineroar to join smash and turn up the heat. Lets fan the flames for him!

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well while I wanted other pokemon, I think he is a good choice. Love the look of his moveset actually! Very cool looking and seems to be our first real grappler, and I like how wrestler like he is like. I look forward to playing the Heel Tiger

ufufu

Smash Rookie
They filled his character with a lot of heart and attention to detail imo. The way he poses after every move really nails the hammy wrestler theme and I couldn’t be happier about it.

StormC

Smash Hero
Incineroar looks amazing. I love how detailed his fur is and he's as expressive and fun as I hoped. after K. Rool and Ridley, I'm most excited about him.

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
They made Incineroar every bit as goofy, boastful and over-the-top as they possibly could and I couldn't be happier.

His attacks do seems a bit sluggish, though, so we'll see in time how he fares against the rest of the all-stars.

Makotoa

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
2720-1558-5025
They filled his character with a lot of heart and attention to detail imo. The way he poses after every move really nails the hammy wrestler theme and I couldn’t be happier about it.
Saaaaameee
They made Incineroar every bit as goofy, boastful and over-the-top as they possibly could and I couldn't be happier.

His attacks do seems a bit sluggish, though, so we'll see in time how he fares against the rest of the all-stars.
High tier or low, I'm repping this bad boy all the way

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I may be a begrudging Incineroar main. I like his gameplay, but I am one of the frequents on the Isaac thread. I'm not enthusiastic about him getting in, however upon looking at him he definitely is somebody I want to use (but I will do so dying inside).

Dε√ilj∦o

Smash Journeyman
Oh man. I am so incredibly hyped.

Going through all of the hate this character has gotten in the past few months and getting a reveal this good is so, SO satisfying.

He's absolutely amazing. I can't believe how well Sakurai and the team did him justice. I never really had a most wanted for Smash beside K. Rool, but now that I got Incineroar AND he's fantastic just feels great.

Yo S_B S_B , how do you feel about Incineroar?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Oh man. I am so incredibly hyped.

Going through all of the hate this character has gotten in the past few months and getting a reveal this good is so, SO satisfying.

He's absolutely amazing. I can't believe how well Sakurai and the team did him justice. I never really had a most wanted for Smash beside K. Rool, but now that I got Incineroar AND he's fantastic just feels great.

Yo S_B S_B , how do you feel about Incineroar?
He looks heavyish so I like that, but need to see some real gameplay videos before I can judge.

I'm still reeling from the disappointment of losing for glory and it becoming clear just how much dev time was put into SSE 2.0 to do any real analysis still.

Thanks for thinking of me though. :)

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
The amiibo is going to be gorgeous. I love how incineroar´s trailer continues the ongoing theme of someone dying at some point of the tráiler. In this case, Ken. Also, in case anyone wants to see some footage, there were a couple of incineroar matches on the treehouse.

EDIT: here

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I am PSYCHED. A real wrestler with hilarious poses and a SICK final smash. One of my favorite Pokemon, too! I'm looking forward to trying him out casually and maybe even more competitively if he's viable. I've always loved grapplers in fighting games, and the Zangief comparisons are my jam.

D

Deleted member

He looks great and is amazing.

Definetly going to be fun.

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
I never thought I’d say this, but I might just be an Incineroar main! He looks so amazing and goofy, the poses after he attacks are my favorite part about him. Before this Direct I was pretty neutral about the character if he got in but after seeing it, I’m completely sold, Incineroar all the way baby!

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Aside from my want for Grinch, I'm happy with Incineroar.

What I'm not happy with is that it seems that I will be denied the main reason I wanted him:

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
I am absolutely STOKED that Incineroar is in Ultimate! I wanted him to be in alongside King K. Rool, and I ended up getting both. This truly is the Ultimate Smash Bros. game!

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
The amiibo is going to be gorgeous. I love how incineroar´s trailer continues the ongoing theme of someone dying at some point of the tráiler. In this case, Ken. Also, in case anyone wants to see some footage, there were a couple of incineroar matches on the treehouse.

EDIT: here

These videos make a solid argument for not using final smash meters, yikes...

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I'm so stoked. It is exploding with personality, I am so happy with how Sakurai handled it. Heck, I'm even cool with another Down Special Counter, and normally I can't stand those.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm so stoked. It is exploding with personality, I am so happy with how Sakurai handled it. Heck, I'm even cool with another Down Special Counter, and normally I can't stand those.
At least it's a uniquely functioning one

The Event Mask

Smash Cadet
Honestly even though I don't play Pokémon, Incineroar was definitely the more interesting choice. He's a heavy with close encounter moves which fit my playstyle better then what I think Decidueye would have potentially would have been. I'm actually excited to play as him

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Incineroar being a two legged Pokemon after evolving from a four legged pokemon(toracat) was it's most common criticism but here in smash being two legged,well a two legged wrestler >=> help earned it a spot on smash ultimates roster so we can pretty much sa y that sakurai turned its curse into a blessing ? Or maybe incineroar is just that popular in japan.I don't know

Last edited:

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Does anyone else think his model looks a bit off? Though I will say despite being very much against his inclusion, I do like his moveset.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Something about how Incineroar is modeled looks like a cartoon or a painting and that's really interesting since the other Pokemon are pretty smooth. Very visually distinct.

StormC

Smash Hero
Something about how Incineroar is modeled looks like a cartoon or a painting and that's really interesting since the other Pokemon are pretty smooth. Very visually distinct.
It feels like they took some liberties with his design, in a good way. I was worried he'd have that generic "plastic" look all Pokemon that's "on-model" but he looks stunning, they did a fantastic job bringing him to life, with the details in his fur and whatnot.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Incineroar being a two legged Pokemon after evolving from a four legged pokemon(toracat) was it's most common criticism but here in smash being two legged,well a two legged wrestler >=> help earned it a spot on smash ultimates roster so we can pretty much sa y that sakurai turned its curse into a blessing ? Or maybe incineroar is just that popular in japan.I don't know
According to an official poll it's the 12th most liked pokemon for its generation in Japan. Being the second most well liked final starter evo behind Primarina. Though honestly the decision to include Incineroar was likely made before a lot of that generation was even shown so popularity most likely was not a factor when it was chosen.

Dε√ilj∦o

Smash Journeyman
From reddit:

"
-Recovery options are "very much jump dependent"
-Backthrow kills at 100+%
-Side B kills at 100+%
-Lariat a good out-of-shield option
-Up Air is a "good juggling tool"
-Down smash is "good at punishing dash grab attempts"
-Ganondorf-esque Down Air
-Down throw > forward Air is an early % combo
FROM VIRUM
Incineroar Frame Data (?):
Dash Attack: f8
FTilt: f12
UTilt: f7
DTilt: f9
FSmash: f16
USmash: f13
DSmash: f18 (?)
NAir: f5
FAir: f8
BAir: f7 (?)
UAir: f7 (?)
DAir: f16
Grab: f8
Dash Grab: f12
Darkest Lariat: f5
Side B: f18 (?)
Cross Chop: f13 (?)
Revenge: f3
Fatality - "Interesting, very interesting, the moves that need to be fast, are, and everything else is meh speed-wise, but he seems to have great hitboxes and great counter-hit potential. Maybe the closest thing to a traditional grappler in smash."

Hyped that Fatality gave a comment on Incineroar.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Yeah that frame data is preettty exciting to me. Agreed that he's the closest thing to your typical grappler.

Between that, having a Just Frame with the side B and the posing after moves thing it's like they lifted them from a traditional fighting game already lool.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I wonder if it has an invincibility on the first 3 frames while in the air. That would probably make for a nice landing option and I hope he has set ups with up b to kill too.

Corra

Smash Rookie
Excited to see how much personality they put into Incineroar. Instantly sold me when I saw him in action.

There are several characters I'm interested in, and I can't know until I have the game in my hands, but bara cat is high on my list right now.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Darkest Lariat being frame 5 is super exciting... That's faster than Bowser's Fortress OOS. That's extremely good.
Single hit with long duration though. Bleck unless it has good shield damage.

They did show it beat out a lot of projectiles though, so maybe it has special projectile-destroying capabilities?

Last edited:

Dε√ilj∦o

Smash Journeyman
Single hit with long duration though. Bleck unless it has good shield damage.

They did show it beat out a lot of projectiles though, so maybe it has special projectile-destroying capabilities?
Yeah one of the Tree House guys also stated clearly that it also has "crazy priority" and "beats out any attack or trades with it" but we have yet to see that.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Im hyped about Incineroar. Is there footage of his pummel? I would love an eye poke/eye rake, or some sort of light submission move.

I'm a bit disappointed he cant initiate a rear grab state, (grabbing ppl from behind) allowing for even more types of Wrestling moves. Missed opportunity, but hey, it's still awesome as hell.

Top Bottom