• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bring Raito to CEO 2017

Wanting to see more diversity in the characters used at major tournaments? Raito, a top Duck Hunt main, aims to give just that -- if he can get to the US.

Raito hails from Japan, which is known for its strong players and overall depth. Fresh off a 9th place finish at CEO Dreamland, he's seeking to compete at CEO 2017. With sets over the likes of ANTi, Larry Lurr and MKLeo, this opportunity would give him the chance to grow his competitive portfolio further.

Dawgathang, leader of the Duck Hunt Discord, says that "The Duck Hunt community, thinks very highly of him. At the moment we consider him to be the best Duck Hunt in the world.”

“His playstyle is a mix of Brood and You3’s due to the fact that he can play a campy tricky style similar to the You3 and can also play up close and personal the way Brood likes to," Dwangthang adds.

You can help him return to the U.S by donating to his GoFundMe or via stream. You can click here for more details.

If the donation falls short of the goal, all proceeds will be added to the funds to get him and Brood to Evo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nico Smith

Comments

I'd be interested to see how well he does here... but if the reception towards pragmatic players like Dabuz or HBox (in melee) is any indication, I suspect the culture of the majority around here will be pretty mixed about it...

I could be very wrong, though, Duck Hunt does have their players, but experience has shown me that defensive play is frowned upon by US players...

Top Bottom