• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2016 Bring Javi (+Tuga) to EVO! Good Player Fund + Teespring !! [Ended]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Hey everyone. So me prog and atlus have talked to Javi, who is interested and has time off to attend EVO this year (which he missed last year). He just needs a little help in getting there. This fund is to try and help him attend this year. I'll be using paypal to collect any amount of donations, which is greatly appreciated. The goal is $500.00.

My paypal email is
Code:
nunu0215@gmail.com
Create a paypal account and click on the send money button. Enter my email address as the recipient and make sure to choose the send to friends/family option so that you are not charged a fee (unless you're using a credit card).
Make sure to put your smashboards username or your gamertag so I can credit you (there should be a field to add a note)

If the amount is not raised, or Javi cannot attend the tournament for some reason, the donations will be refunded.

I will keep track of donations in this thread.

Hectohertz - $50.00
Anonymous - $4.50
Paypal Cash Back - $4.16
Jesson Martinez - $5.00

Total: $63.66

You can still donate using paypal, but we've created a Teespring campaign for Javi + Tuga! Donate and get Los Hermanos shirt in return!

Tee Spring Link - http://teespring.com/loshermanos

Last edited:

*Risen*

Smash Cadet
I am totally loving this idea. Make sure he brings a nice big Mexican flag to put over his seat

strawhats

Smash Master
Definitely not. Someone from Europe, preferably. Baxon? Cyr? Poilon? There's so many choices.
aldwyn, pasi, ivp, calle W, doraki,dev...but we love Javi (I would love to see Tuga come as well but he's prob a dad by now and has real world responsibilities). Also according to Zero, getting Dark to travel OoC for melee is like pulling teeth (that man's all about school priorities, which I can respect). I've always wanted to see Javi vs Ken/ Azen/ KDJ/Chu/insert re-emerging old school player.

Last edited:

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
Admittedly, we've seen Javi. Twice. Why not put forth money for other skilled international players that've yet to be seen in the USA? There's so much more out there.
no offense, but Europe has a good amount of representation, while Latin America basically has 0 (unless you consider that one guy from Brasil who got 55 at Apex 2014) there is a good amount of people to fight for Europe, not to mention freaking Armada, leffen, and Ice. Hell even Japan is getting some love with people like Amsah wowing everyone. We need someone to represent Latin America, and there's no one better or more qualified than Javi.

Guzzler Guzzler

Melee Elitist
Plus there's the fact that at one point Javi was arguably the best player in the world. If he could regularly play at tourneys I think he would be in the top 6 conversation

strawhats

Smash Master
no offense, but Europe has a good amount of representation, while Latin America basically has 0 (unless you consider that one guy from Brasil who got 55 at Apex 2014) there is a good amount of people to fight for Europe, not to mention freaking Armada, leffen, and Ice. Hell even Japan is getting some love with people like Amsah wowing everyone. We need someone to represent Latin America, and there's no one better or more qualified than Javi.
I think you mean aMSa, but yeah lol I get what your saying. I hear someone was starting a fund for Blea Gelo to go to EVO or MLG...he's a top 5/8 player in florida right now and was Venezuela's best player (him and Dark_chrom i think) for years before he moved.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
I think you mean aMSa, but yeah lol I get what your saying. I hear someone was starting a fund for Blea Gelo to go to EVO or MLG...he's a top 5/8 player in florida right now and was Venezuela's best player (him and Dark_chrom i think) for years before he moved.
ohhhhh Thats true my bad. Haha i guess you saw i'm in Venezuela, yeah chronos has been inactive for some time now as far as i know, and blea gelo should go, but i'm not gonna lie to you (even if he's from the same place) i doubt he'll be able to make top 16, who knows but i'd rather give it to javi.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
The real question is: Is Javi going to be practicing for this tournament? I'd be much more inclined to donate if he learns how to ledgedash.

If he learns to shield drop, then it's a done deal.

strawhats

Smash Master
The real question is: Is Javi going to be practicing for this tournament? I'd be much more inclined to donate if he learns how to ledgedash.

If he learns to shield drop, then it's a done deal.
Javi's priy solid without those things...

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Yeah, why hold yourself back though? It sucks watching him get punished for ledgehop drills in tense situations when he could just ledgedash and be safe (and flip the situation). He could most definitely challenge the top 5 players, but I just want to see him put in some more work, especially since this would be the 3rd time we've paid for him to come here. Don't get me wrong, I really want to see him come and play; I just want him to do really well.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah, why hold yourself back though? It sucks watching him get punished for ledgehop drills in tense situations when he could just ledgedash and be safe (and flip the situation). He could most definitely challenge the top 5 players, but I just want to see him put in some more work, especially since this would be the 3rd time we've paid for him to come here. Don't get me wrong, I really want to see him come and play; I just want him to do really well.
Yeah I'll be sure to get his word that he'll train for EVO.

Mawacate

Smash Rookie
I just spoke to javi and I can tell you guys that he's been training a lot lately... he's REALLY motivated and wants to do good at EVO :D

Sedda

Smash Champion
how many people know about this fund? nobody seems to be talking about it. spread the word yo

Tuga

Smash Rookie
Buenas tardes, me presento, mi nombre es Jorge Ruiz (hermano gemelo de Javi) no tengo mucho de enterarme de esto, no estaba interesado en poder ir por cuestiones laborales, pues no sabia si se me iban a dar las vacaciones o no, ahora me dijeron que si me las iban a dar, lamentablemente no me prepare con tiempo para poder hacer algo de dinero y poder asistir al EVO, estoy interesado en ir, quisiera ver si alguien de aquí me podría apoyar para poder ir junto con Javi, pues creo que seria única ocasión en la pudiera participar junto con el, de ante mano, muchas gracias por todo y quedo al pendiente, saludos.

Good afternoon, introduce myself, my name is Jorge Ruiz (twin brother Javi) do not have much to learn from this, I was not interested in being able to go on business, because I did not know if I was going to give holiday or not, now I was told that if I were going to give, unfortunately not prepare me with time to make some money and be able to attend the EVO, I am interested in going, I would see if anyone on here I could support to go along with Javi, for I think it would only time could participate with him, before hand, thank you very much for everything and stay tuned, greetings.

Last edited:

Guzzler Guzzler

Melee Elitist
Tuga lo siento pero, tu traducción no es muy buena. Veré si puedo hacer yo la traducción.

Basically what Tuga is saying is: he did not plan on attending EVO because of work and didn't know if he could take vacation days. Now, he got the vacation time but has no money. He is trying to find sponsorship because without it he will not be able to go.

Guys this would be so hype if we could get the twins to come, these guys are legendary

Shellshock821

Smash Apprentice
I just want to put further emphasis that you may want to get this topic idea to more people, as I'm not sure if to many people even know about this attempt to get Javi (and maybe Tuga) to Evo.

strawhats

Smash Master
Holy **** !!! Javi and potentially Tuga @ EVO...Platinum Age indeed. I might be able to donate after SKTAR this weekend, we'll see.

Revven

FrankerZ
I think, if it's necessary, at some point you may want to consider a teespring capaign for this. Those seem to go over better for funding players (see: Armada last year and aMSa this year). Otherwise you need to post this elsewhere and get word out on this more.

LLDL

Smash Hero
We're actually working on a Teespring right now. Trying to spread it by the end of the week!

LLDL

Smash Hero
Dropped the goal from 89 shirts to 65! Just under a week left to raise the goal!!

Edit: Campaign had to end, MrWizard didn't approve of the shirt design using a resemblance of the EVO logo. Next time! This thread can be locked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom