• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bring Bayo Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vierge

#1******
Switch FC
3850 4617 0606
As true Bayonetta fans, we are not OK with her discriminatory nerfs and the competitive irrelevance she suffers from in SSBU. What Sakurai/Nintendo has done to this character is obscene and wrong. We know what the core issues are: she has been robbed of the lag reduction other lightweights have and now has barely any viable KO moves. And Witch time. When you argue with some people about the KO moves they complain 'Witch time is a KO move', seemingly ignorant that Witch time is the weakest counter in the game, with nerfed startup frames, ending lag, and activated time. It's the slowest counter that causes any competing Bayonetta an absolute headache alongside all her other weaknesses. It's supposed to have frame data similar to a dodge, like it had in Smash 4.

This match showcases a few of the issues with Bayonetta, by a top level Bayonetta player (Lima). In game 1 there is an obvious struggle to get the KO on Ness (who is for some reason ridiculously OP and everyone knows that), who goes up over 200% before being taken out by a very lucky forward smash. In game 2, Lima successfully navigates awestin's DI and completes Bayo's signature witch twist combo, only due to extreme ABK lag, it opens him up to a simple true combo that inflicts twice as much damage even though awestin had to air-dodge a split second before landing himself.

And in this match we see a blatant game-breaking hitbox issue where only the gunfire damage is applied from an up-tilt which clearly still connects and causes knockback. Starts around 15:50:

That a single patch has come and gone without any restoration to this legendary high-concept character who was sickened by careless devs is unacceptable.
Nintendo has made a mockery of Bayonetta's IP, and we the fans will not remain silent about this injustice.

We will protest with all our consumer might! I will not spend a penny on DLC or any other Nintendo product until she is actually tournament viable again and neither should any other true Bayonetta fan.

Get on your social media and get our demand trending! #BringBayoBack

And no matter what, keep a thread at the top of this sub-forum demanding that Nintendo undo their honorless sabotage of this character's frame data! Because without the true Bayonetta, it isn't the Ultimate Smash Bros. It's the ultimate Trash Bros.

Last edited:

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
I don't even think Bayo needs a huge overhaul. Just a few tweaks would be perfect. Make smash attacks stronger, cut off a couple frames of landing lag. Make a couple moves come out faster. Fix her "combo" moves that hardly ever work. Maybe make f throw stronger too and you got a viable character.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Maybe you should do what every smug Bayonetta main was telling everyone else a few years ago and git gud.

Ulk

Smash Cadet
I don't even think Bayo needs a huge overhaul. Just a few tweaks would be perfect. Make smash attacks stronger, cut off a couple frames of landing lag. Make a couple moves come out faster. Fix her "combo" moves that hardly ever work. Maybe make f throw stronger too and you got a viable character.
A "couple" frames won't do. She has heavyweight frame data and the highest landing lag in the game due to reverse RCO. And that despite the fact that she lost any and all advantages she received that disadvantage for. What exactly justifies her massive lag if other characters in this game, like Inkling, Peach, and even Wario and Wii Fit Trainer, can easily match her damage output, unlike her have consistent kill combos and all have between exceptionally great to decent frame data? What other than "she was broken in Smash 4" serves as an excuse why she is singled out and given a completely unaccounted for disadvantage nobody else gets for doing what she does better?

Last edited:

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
A "couple" frames won't do. She has heavyweight frame data and the highest landing lag in the game due to reverse RCO. And that despite the fact that she lost any and all advantages she received that disadvantage for. What exactly justifies her massive lag if other characters in this game, like Inkling, Peach, and even Wario and Wii Fit Trainer, can easily match her damage output, unlike her have consistent kill combos and all have between exceptionally great to decent frame data? What other than "she was broken in Smash 4" serves as an excuse why she is singled out and given a completely unaccounted for disadvantage nobody else gets for doing what she does better?
It really does feel like a punishment. It feels disrespectful to the character. I think we're far enough into Ultimate's life span that we can give her a couple of buffs. At least enough to make her a viable characters.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
I honestly think she's a very high skill cap character, if you don't have the patience to learn her properly its better to stick to another character

Pros:
-Huge combo damage output (this is not unique to her, most of the top tiers have their own combos that are as good and have virtually no weaknesses)
-Great edge guard (Lots of other characters like lucina, the pikas, fox, ness, etc can do this too)
-Great mobility
-Decent projectile
-The most versatile counter (Not saying its the best one at all)
-Great recovery
-Most of her aerials are great (specially bair)
-Very versatile specials overall
-Style points... we play bayo to style on people... i guess styling has a huge cost on this game since the more mechanical characters dont seem to be great (Maybe a ken player in a year or so will make me eat my words?)
-Her entire kit's versatility makes sense, meaning that really good bayo players will have a ton of tools at their disposal, each with different purpose (as a counterexample... Isabelle's kit doesnt make sense IMO, she has a ton of weird random moves, which makes her have to rely on her side b and fair/bair for her entireneutral)

Cons:
-Bad neutral and priority
-Slow movement speed/aerial traction
-Mediocre ledge trap (In a game where ledge trapping is way stronger than edge guarding)
-Minuscule grab range
-No confirmed grab combos
-No kill throws
-Mediocre dash attack
-Absolute garbage smash attacks (they have niche hitboxes and ok knockback, in exchange of tons of weird spots where they dont hit, mediocre startup -and HUGE punishable endlags)
-No true kill confirms/kill throws
-Sub-par tilts (dtilt could use more range, utilt could cover a bit more, ftilt is completely useless)
-Slow, inconsistente jab (come out super slow, most of the times most of the hits dont connect, it does decent damage, but puts opponents out of combo range quickly)
-Very lightweight
-Big hurtbox
-Huge skillcap/time investment to make viable (even the most experienced bayo players mess up on her resource management and end up SDing very early)

What i'd buff on bayo:
-Less endlag on all smash attacks (maybe even add more knockback to upsmash since its truely lacking)
-Bigger vertical hitbox on fmash, specially on the upper and lower parts of the hand since the hitbox not matching the hand's size is super misleading
-More grab range (Im not even joking on how short her grab range is... add in that she is a slow movement speed character and it makes it almost unviable to grab... i wouldnt give her grab combos or kill throws though)
-make jab and ftilt quicker and more consistent at hitting all of the hits

What i'd change on bayo:
-Remove bat within... broken, unfair and unnecessary mechanic (might aswel make up some weird BS like inkling fading to ink too /sarcasm)... it is game breaking since it allows her to be the only character in game to escape certain confirmed combos and it even sometimes screws her over big time... although most of the times she is the one getting benefitted by this

Edit: I didn't mention he ridiculous landing lags after various aerials because i really don't see a real issue with them. Its a deserved weakness because her combos can do more than 50 damage (although most of them barely reach 30), but i think its still ok... high risk-high reward factor. Besides, really good bayo players know how to navigate through the stage with their resources to be the least punishable possible (Here are 3 examples... if you land doing a held up aerial, you will receive extra lag, just tapping it forces you to be more precise at hitting the tap and not getting punished... Also, if you witch time right before you land you will have only the witch time lag, which is a good mixup/tool... AAAALSO..... dair seems to not receive any more landing lag after performing multiple aerial specials since its lag is already pretty big, and its multiple/piercing hitboxes make her able to escape sticky situations)

Last edited:

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
I honestly think she's a very high skill cap character, if you don't have the patience to learn her properly its better to stick to another character

Pros:
-Huge combo damage output (this is not unique to her, most of the top tiers have their own combos that are as good and have virtually no weaknesses)
-Great edge guard (Lots of other characters like lucina, the pikas, fox, ness, etc can do this too)
-Great mobility
-Decent projectile
-The most versatile counter (Not saying its the best one at all)
-Great recovery
-Most of her aerials are great (specially bair)
-Very versatile specials overall
-Style points... we play bayo to style on people... i guess styling has a huge cost on this game since the more mechanical characters dont seem to be great (Maybe a ken player in a year or so will make me eat my words?)
-Her entire kit's versatility makes sense, meaning that really good bayo players will have a ton of tools at their disposal, each with different purpose (as a counterexample... Isabelle's kit doesnt make sense IMO, she has a ton of weird random moves, which makes her have to rely on her side b and fair/bair for her entireneutral)

Cons:
-Bad neutral and priority
-Slow movement speed/aerial traction
-Mediocre ledge trap (In a game where ledge trapping is way stronger than edge guarding)
-Minuscule grab range
-No confirmed grab combos
-No kill throws
-Mediocre dash attack
-Absolute garbage smash attacks (they have niche hitboxes and ok knockback, in exchange of tons of weird spots where they dont hit, mediocre startup -and HUGE punishable endlags)
-No true kill confirms/kill throws
-Sub-par tilts (dtilt could use more range, utilt could cover a bit more, ftilt is completely useless)
-Slow, inconsistente jab (come out super slow, most of the times most of the hits dont connect, it does decent damage, but puts opponents out of combo range quickly)
-Very lightweight
-Big hurtbox
-Huge skillcap/time investment to make viable (even the most experienced bayo players mess up on her resource management and end up SDing very early)

What i'd buff on bayo:
-Less endlag on all smash attacks (maybe even add more knockback to upsmash since its truely lacking)
-Bigger vertical hitbox on fmash, specially on the upper and lower parts of the hand since the hitbox not matching the hand's size is super misleading
-More grab range (Im not even joking on how short her grab range is... add in that she is a slow movement speed character and it makes it almost unviable to grab... i wouldnt give her grab combos or kill throws though)
-make jab and ftilt quicker and more consistent at hitting all of the hits

What i'd change on bayo:
-Remove bat within... broken, unfair and unnecessary mechanic (might aswel make up some weird BS like inkling fading to ink too /sarcasm)... it is game breaking since it allows her to be the only character in game to escape certain confirmed combos and it even sometimes screws her over big time... although most of the times she is the one getting benefitted by this

Edit: I didn't mention he ridiculous landing lags after various aerials because i really don't see a real issue with them. Its a deserved weakness because her combos can do more than 50 damage (although most of them barely reach 30), but i think its still ok... high risk-high reward factor. Besides, really good bayo players know how to navigate through the stage with their resources to be the least punishable possible (Here are 3 examples... if you land doing a held up aerial, you will receive extra lag, just tapping it forces you to be more precise at hitting the tap and not getting punished... Also, if you witch time right before you land you will have only the witch time lag, which is a good mixup/tool... AAAALSO..... dair seems to not receive any more landing lag after performing multiple aerial specials since its lag is already pretty big, and its multiple/piercing hitboxes make her able to escape sticky situations)
I disagree with a lot of this.

-Her kit does not make a lot of sense. She has no tools for neutral, her entire move set revolves around combos (which are mediocre and unreliable at best). Her only approaching tool is side-b, and has virtually no solid kill options.

-Bat Within is both a nice reference to her series and a unique tool to make up for all of her other flaws. Also, she's not the only one with a frame 1 dodge, see Pokemon Trainer.

-Lastly her landing lag is NOT balanced. Yes she can sometimes get a 50%+ damage combo, but so can other characters easily. And combos from other characters can lead to KOs. And you know what they have as a drawback? Absolutely nothing. To top it off, most of Bayo's combos are completely escapable with proper DI.

I would be more supportive of the landing lag if it only activated if the special moves hit, but even if you're just trying to recover you get punished. We should not have to resort to minor exploits to avoid being KOd for using our tool kit, which our entire move set revolves around. What if Samus had to stand completely still for an entire second, with no hitbox, every single time she used a projectile. That would be ridiculous, so why is Bayo being punished for using her move set?

In conclusion, I think Bayo is being treated unfairly. At the very least she deserves some buffs to make her at least function like a normal character. I do not think she is viable, and playing her feels like I'm weighing myself down for no reason.

Last edited:

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
I disagree with a lot of this.

-Her kit does not make a lot of sense. She has no tools for neutral, her entire move set revolves around combos (which are mediocre and unreliable at best). Her only approaching tool is side-b, and has virtually no solid kill options.

-Bat Within is both a nice reference to her series and a unique tool to make up for all of her other flaws. Also, she's not the only one with a frame 1 dodge, see Pokemon Trainer.

-Lastly her landing lag is NOT balanced. Yes she can sometimes get a 50%+ damage combo, but so can other characters easily. And combos from other characters can lead to KOs. And you know what they have as a drawback? Absolutely nothing. To top it off, most of Bayo's combos are completely escapable with proper DI.

I would be more supportive of the landing lag if it only activated if the special moves hit, but even if you're just trying to recover you get punished. We should not have to resort to minor exploits to avoid being KOd for using our tool kit, which our entire move set revolves around. What if Samus had to stand completely still for an entire second, with no hitbox, every single time she used a projectile. That would be ridiculous, so why is Bayo being punished for using her move set?

In conclusion, I think Bayo is being treated unfairly. At the very least she deserves some buffs to make her at least function like a normal character. I do not think she is viable, and playing her feels like I'm weighing myself down for no reason.

I'll be honest with you...I'm a bayo main and I would love if she gets all those buffs, but being real though, she has a lot of tools to actually work

At first she's very unforgiving and non-rewarding for new players who pick her up, but once you start to invest serious time into her, she isn't really as bad as everybody says... well, ima start answering:

1) her neutral tools are based on reads mostly, her nair and bair are her best pressuring tools and her downb is great for both aggressive characters she cant stop like lucina or projectile spammers (you need to know her ranges and limitations, and how to punish accordingly)
Besides... look at her on the last game. All of her aerials and specials int he air make a lot of sense stringed together... they can do t0ns of damage and even kill when you manage your resources well. I 100% agree though that grounded sideb is one of the worst moves in the entire game, I only use it for hard reads

2) Bat within on the dodges is a broken mechanic, I myself personally hate it since it puts me into a lot of favourable situations i dont deserve and it also puts me on a disadvantage some times that pisses me off (like getting hit by a multi hit move's first weak hit, get 10-15% of bat within penalty damage and landing ont he second hit, getting hit for 30-40/dying... it also can screw her up recovering sometimes since her resources have to be managed precisely)... Im fine with downb's late bat within though if the refference is that important to you, but still, bayo has a l0t of **** from her games that isnt in her kit like the cougar/ell transformations or katanas/other weapons... Bayo needs to adapt to smash, not the other way around IMO

3)I honestly think her landing lag has its ways around... Top level bayo players never get punished for this because they know how to manage their resources, personally, i play vs wario, wolf, ike, pichu and inkling mains constantly and have learned how to not be abused the hard way (all of those characters pressure you really hard)... While I agree that a lot of characters have OP combos with no drawbacks, I personally would prefer that their combos get nerfed rather than bayo's buffed (remmeber sm4sh bayo?)... I still agree that her kill options are poor, thats why i highly request smash buffs for her. Mainly because they offer so little reward on how punishing they are, and if dsmash gets buffed, she would have a solid ledge trap option making, which is almost a must in this game

TBH, bayo has probably the best recovery in the entire game (behind pichu and pikachu in my opinion) still having her huge lag, her options are pretty much countless, specially if you are able to pull the third jump consistently... if you can't do the third jump consistently you lose a ton of recovering versatility.... thats why investing so much time on her is rewarding, makes her become actually usable. Honestly, she's the worst character by far if you dont know how to use her, but i actually think shes good when you've got hands... nowhere near as strong as wolf/pichu/palutena or the top 10 characters though

ambience

Smash Rookie
Perhaps a little overdramatic but I agree that Bayonetta could use some buffs. But this game doesn't revolve around her and there's no reason to expect Nintendo to buff them unless they feel it's needed. Nothing wrong with hoping for buffs but you shouldn't complain and demand buffs.

Last edited:

Philos-kun

Smash Rookie
To all the people that say that "she's not that bad", sorry, but you're wrong.

Bayo sucks now and you need a LOT of effort to just barely scratch your opponent. It's incredibly difficult to counter projectile-based characters that space a lot (Links, Richter, Samus) and basically anything quicker than her (Fox, Pichu, Pikachu, Little Mac) are a nightmare due to their almost perfect frame data that puts a lot of pressure; Witch Time can't even save you from those foes because it's stupidly long to activate (considering it's a counter), with barely any window of activation and then 60 frames of lag afterwards.
Also, forget comboing small characters, they escape way too easily.

She need a buff and IMO these thing should be fixed:
- Dthrow should at least combo into Fair, Side Neutral or shorthop ABK, so in order for that to happen, change the angle or reduce the end lag frames.
- Bigger Witch Twist hitboxes so your opponents don't escape it easily. It seriously frustrating when skilled players DI almost all of them breaking your combos when in return you get landing lag that can seriously put you in a dangerous state where you can get hit for 30%+ from one of their combos.
- Side Neutral should get reduced end lag to make it combo into something, like Uair.
- FIX HER GODDAMN RANGE. FFS she has the longest legs in the game and Dtilt barely has range and not safe to use, the same happened with Bair, her best and only safe kill option.
- Fix FSmash angle where you can't hit your opponent in front of you.
-Landing lag is ok, but don't make me have lag just for using Witch Twist or ABK ONCE.
-Witch time is ok right now, I find it a high risk, high reward scenario, except ITS ****ING USELESS because it's the opposite. A counter from Roy or Corrin can kill you at 80% and they activate quickly. With Witch Time, your opponents need at least 100%+, luck if it's isn't a multi-hit move, read your opponent properly to land a successful one and, obviously, time to do at least SOMETHING.

Of all the characters from other franchises, Bayo is the weakest overall. I really want to see how pissed Kamiya is right now at Nintendo for doing this blasphemy.

Last edited:

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
To all the people that say that "she's not that bad", sorry, but you're wrong.

Bayo sucks now and you need a LOT of effort to just barely scratch your opponent. It's incredibly difficult to counter projectile-based characters that space a lot (Links, Richter, Samus) and basically anything quicker than her (Fox, Pichu, Pikachu, Little Mac) are a nightmare due to their almost perfect frame data that puts a lot of pressure; Witch Time can't even save you from those foes because it's stupidly long to activate (considering it's a counter), with barely any window of activation and then 60 frames of lag afterwards.
Also, forget comboing small characters, they escape way too easily.

She need a buff and IMO these thing should be fixed:
- Dthrow should at least combo into Fair, Side Neutral or shorthop ABK, so in order for that to happen, change the angle or reduce the end lag frames.
- Bigger Witch Twist hitboxes so your opponents don't escape it easily. It seriously frustrating when skilled players DI almost all of them breaking your combos when in return you get landing lag that can seriously put you in a dangerous state where you can get hit for 30%+ from one of their combos.
- Side Neutral should get reduced end lag to make it combo into something, like Uair.
- FIX HER GODDAMN RANGE. FFS she has the longest legs in the game and Dtilt barely has range and not safe to use, the same happened with Bair, her best and only safe kill option.
- Fix FSmash angle where you can't hit your opponent in front of you.
-Landing lag is ok, but don't make me have lag just for using Witch Twist or ABK ONCE.
-Witch time is ok right now, I find it a high risk, high reward scenario, except ITS ****ING USELESS because it's the opposite. A counter from Roy or Corrin can kill you at 80% and they activate quickly. With Witch Time, your opponents need at least 100%+, luck if it's isn't a multi-hit move, read your opponent properly to land a successful one and, obviously, time to do at least SOMETHING.

Of all the characters from other franchises, Bayo is the weakest overall. I really want to see how pissed Kamiya is right now at Nintendo for doing this blasphemy.
To add onto this; all of her 'combo' moves should actually allow for combos. Witch Twist, ABK, and Heel Slide are all escapable, leading to (at best) a DI read or a dropped combo. Up tilt doesn't even combo into its second hit most of the time, much less into a follow up. Down Throw leads into a 50/50 with Fair and F-tilt, but both are punishable. F-tilt and jab don't always connect into themselves, especially if there's a ledge. But hey, at least Up Air is solid :4bayonetta2:.

And last rant, landing with aerials is atrocious. Using hold-up air or hold neutral-air is a gamble because the hitboxes are actually on her legs which osculate. So there is no such thing as landing offensively.

Vierge

#1******
Switch FC
3850 4617 0606
According to this report, the producer from Bayonetta 1 and director from Bayonetta 2 left Platinum Games at the end of January after working there for 13 years. This is further evidence that Nintendo has been antagonistic towards the Bayonetta franchise, congruent with these outrageous nerfs and competitive inviability.

No I will not spare smashboards the truth about the awful stench coming from Nintendo, having engaged in foul play against the true innovators. Oddly similar to how Konami disowned Kojima.

Last edited:

Robbie_Haruna

Smash Rookie
According to this report, the producer from Bayonetta 1 and director from Bayonetta 2 left Platinum Games at the end of January after working there for 13 years. This is further evidence that Nintendo has been antagonistic towards the Bayonetta franchise, congruent with these outrageous nerfs and competitive inviability.

No I will not spare smashboards the truth about the awful stench coming from Nintendo, having engaged in foul play against the true innovators. Oddly similar to how Konami disowned Kojima.
This whole post just reeks of conspiracy theorist nonsense.

I don't like her nerfs either, but this "omg nintendo is bullying the bayonetta franchise" is literally pulled from nothing except you being bitter and directing anger to the wrong places.

On top of that, Nintendo plays no part in the balancing of Smash Ultimate, even if your claims held and actual logical ground and Nintendo did have it out for the Bayonetta franchise (which wouldn't make any sense to begin with given it's pretty much honorary first party for them now,) but that wouldn't affect anything related to Smash and its Balancing.

I get it, you're upset by the nerfs, but you posting outrageous claims that have absolutely nothing to support them reeks of despiration and bitterness that you've somehow aimed at someone that has literally nothing to do with the balancing.

Last edited:

Phoenix_is_OK

Smash Apprentice

Ok I'm gonna go off the kind and calm train and kindly tell you to shut it.

Shut up.

Nintendo paid for Bayonetta 2. Sega dropped the series, Sony refused to pay for it, Microsoft refused to pay for it, Nintendo did. Nintendo gave Bayo the rights to outfits based on Mario, Peach, Daisy, Fox, Samus, and Link. They put her in Smash 4. They are funding Bayonetta 3.

This guy is retiring. You make us look bad, and the sooner you accept that we got overnerfed because Nintendo was afraid of a Smash 4 fiasco the better.

They went too far, now they need to fix it. 3.0.0 is coming out in April, wait 2 weeks.

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
E

Even ignoring how I don't agree with you or this video, this is just terrible journalism. Starting off with "nobody told me this, this is just me guessing" and ending without even telling us the name of who left. He even said that we don't know what this guy did on the project. I have more questions than answers at this point.

All that aside, nah, Nintendo just dropped the ball on over-nerfing her. Let's just pray that they have the sense or the guts to buff her in the next patch. I'm praying they buff her, oh please god.

Vierge

#1******
Switch FC
3850 4617 0606
User was warned for this post - trolling
All you haters saying I'm making the fans 'look bad' are actually just a bunch of complacent fools who are going to watch patch 3.0 come and go without restoration to Bayo. I was the only one with the sense to make the complaint thread that Nintendo -

that's right, 'Nintendo,' not only Sakurai, not developer x y and z whom I have no obligation to look up (and what would the point be if I can't tell which ones influenced what and how?) but rather for someone to get on my thread and pretend 'Nintendo's' politics don't affect the development of Smash Bros Ultimate is basically s##t-posting ignorance of the myriad of spirits (many unrelated to the roster) but for the sake of representing all Nintendo's major and minor publications since its establishment, not to mention its email surveys asking players if they bought a Switch specifically to play SSBU (yes that is real look it up) -

needs to be pressured into programming this character properly and I don't blame myself for relying on conjecture to support my thread when the problem itself is unjustified and the reasons for it inadequate.

And while some of my conjecture may be potentially inaccurate, you will lose face for ganging up on me in about a year from now, when she is still a low-tier joke and my insight into this agenda against her is manifested in reality.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Warned for flaming
All you haters saying I'm making the fans 'look bad'
Well actually they already did that themselves back during Smash 4 with all their constant "duhuhuh so salty" and "learn to adapt lol" and "she deserved to be in more than actual fan favorites" talk. Oh and let's not forget how the final Smash 4 tourney went.

All you're really doing is complaining about the pile of karma Bayonetta mains have to endure now that they struggle at learning to adapt to a character who doesn't get easy bake unga bunga ladder combo 0-death kills anymore, and you're far from the only person making that new image of the fanbase lol.

Last edited:

Robbie_Haruna

Smash Rookie
All you haters saying I'm making the fans 'look bad' are actually just a bunch of complacent fools who are going to watch patch 3.0 come and go without restoration to Bayo. I was the only one with the sense to make the complaint thread that Nintendo -

that's right, 'Nintendo,' not only Sakurai, not developer x y and z whom I have no obligation to look up (and what would the point be if I can't tell which ones influenced what and how?) but rather for someone to get on my thread and pretend 'Nintendo's' politics don't affect the development of Smash Bros Ultimate is basically s##t-posting ignorance of the myriad of spirits (many unrelated to the roster) but for the sake of representing all Nintendo's major and minor publications since its establishment, not to mention its email surveys asking players if they bought a Switch specifically to play SSBU (yes that is real look it up) -

needs to be pressured into programming this character properly and I don't blame myself for relying on conjecture to support my thread when the problem itself is unjustified and the reasons for it inadequate.

And while some of my conjecture may be potentially inaccurate, you will lose face for ganging up on me in about a year from now, when she is still a low-tier joke and my insight into this agenda against her is manifested in reality.
Funny, making more baseless claims.

Calling me a "hater" now, despite the fact that I've stuck with the character even amidst all her nerfs and hope she sees buffs.

I'm just smart enough to know making up conspiracy theorist nonsense and throwing blame around at all the wrong people is the wrong way to go about it. It makes you come off like someone who's only here to ****post.

I'm not going to deny she was overnerfed and based on flawed reasons to begin with (frankly the E3 demo was only a third of the roster so they should have seen how E3 Bayo fared compared to the full thing and buffed/nerfed from there.) But she wasn't the only character that was singled out either, Sheik, Diddy Kong and Rosalina are three other consistent top tiers that got nerfed into oblivion. So what, should I make up some conspiracy theory nonsense about how "big bad nintendo" has it out for the Zelda, Donkey Kong and Mario franchises now too?

People like you with your constant throwing blame around without knowing what they're talking about and who's responsible for balancing (for reference, Sakurai already said he wasn't doing the balancing for this game and it's not Nintendo going above him and not letting him do so either,) is what gives Bayonetta mains a bad rap. I'm hoping for reasonable buffs because I love the character and want to see her function in the handful of areas she needs adjusted or fixed. While you're throwing a tantrum and blaming Sakurai, Nintendo and whoever else you can for having a vendetta against the Bayonetta franchise because you're all salty and bitter.

You brag about making your "complaint thread," like it's some kind of big feat, but frankly with how you're behaving it makes you look more whiny than ever, it's no wonder the handful of Bayo mains remaining get dirty looks from people when people like you act like entitled manchildren who call Smash Ultimate trash purely because your favorite character got nerfed and you're all pissy about it.

I like how you think you're "pressuring them" by making up misinformation to try and badmouth Nintendo and make up some nonexistent vendetta too. Even if she doesn't get buffed in the future, it won't make your "insight" any less made up. It's complete and utter delusion to try and claim that NINTENDO of all things is out to get Bayonetta and that's why she was nerfed so hard. (In reality, the balance team did so because she made people weary after she dominated Smash 4, just like how Meta Knight was bad in Smash 4 at launch, but ended up getting buffed over time to become a solid high tier again.)

This whole topic is nothing more than a complete joke because instead of going about it like a mature adult and highlighting reasonable buffs and so forth, you went about it like a bitter child who's holding a grudge, by boycotting all Nintendo products because you're the equivalent of a spoiled kid holding his breath until he gets what he wants.

You used the word "true bayonetta fan," in the OP, but in reality all the ACTUAL fans of the character are still playing her and trying to to their best with what they have, often communicating with eachother to try and discuss how to go about playing her now. And they're hoping for some reasonable buffs, while still not being super salty and writing off the game as a whole because they haven't gotten buffs yet.

Last edited:

Phoenix_is_OK

Smash Apprentice
Infraction given for this post - Flaming

Oh she is definitely low tier trash.

She is absolutely terrible and desperately needs buffs.

This is not a combined effort from Nintendo becithey hate her. Nintendo loves Bayonetta, an how they treat Platinum Games is proof. They funded Bayonetta 2, gave funding for a Bayonetta 1 port, they are funding Bayonetta 3. They are paying for Astral Chain to be an exclusive.

Nintendo loves Bayonetta. They nerfed the character because she was really, really, really good in S4, to the point where specific moves were broken (witch time, Fair 1, witch twist). Fans absolutely hated her in 4. Nintendo is just saving face.

Shut your hole you blithering idiot.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
That a single patch has come and gone without any restoration to this legendary high-concept character who was sickened by careless devs is unacceptable.
Nintendo has made a mockery of Bayonetta's IP, and we the fans will not remain silent about this injustice.

We will protest with all our consumer might! I will not spend a penny on DLC or any other Nintendo product until she is actually tournament viable again and neither should any other true Bayonetta fan.

You people and your outrage culture crack me up. Did you write those posts while wearing face paint and a kilt while giving a speech about freedom to your fellow Scottish countrymen?
I don't disagree with the sentiment of buffing Bayonetta. Unfortunately, any empathy for you and your cause is lost when you step into conspiracy nut territory and play a victim on top of that.

"That a single patch has come and gone without any restoration to this legendary high-concept character who was sickened by careless devs is unacceptable."

Ooooh, speaking in absolutes. Buddy, we've only gotten one balance patch so far, the first of several. Balancing takes time, so stop labelling something as 'unacceptable' just because you lack patience.

"Nintendo has made a mockery of Bayonetta's IP, and we the fans will not remain silent about this injustice."

Except from that time that Nintendo rescued Bayonetta from falling into complete obscurity by publishing and producing Bayonetta 2 and now doing the same for Bayonetta 3. It's thanks to Nintendo's intervention that Bayonetta is able to enjoy the exposure it has today and get a spot in Smash.

And while some of my conjecture may be potentially inaccurate,
That was your brain giving you a little thug signaling you to stop. Sadly, you didn't listen to it and the rest is history.

If you admit that what you say may be accurate, then stop. You'll be basing yourself off of false information to make a statement that holds no ground. You ended up making a fool out of yourself.

Also, drop the victim complex. You are not a freedom fighter protecting a just cause from the injustices of this world. There are far more noble causes you can fight for instead of facing the "crime" of not-buffing-yet your favorite character.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
You people and your outrage culture crack me up. Did you write those posts while wearing face paint and a kilt while giving a speech about freedom to your fellow Scottish countrymen?
I don't disagree with the sentiment of buffing Bayonetta. Unfortunately, any empathy for you and your cause is lost when you step into conspiracy nut territory and play a victim on top of that.

"That a single patch has come and gone without any restoration to this legendary high-concept character who was sickened by careless devs is unacceptable."

Ooooh, speaking in absolutes. Buddy, we've only gotten one balance patch so far, the first of several. Balancing takes time, so stop labelling something as 'unacceptable' just because you lack patience.

"Nintendo has made a mockery of Bayonetta's IP, and we the fans will not remain silent about this injustice."

Except from that time that Nintendo rescued Bayonetta from falling into complete obscurity by publishing and producing Bayonetta 2 and now doing the same for Bayonetta 3. It's thanks to Nintendo's intervention that Bayonetta is able to enjoy the exposure it has today and get a spot in Smash.

That was your brain giving you a little thug signaling you to stop. Sadly, you didn't listen to it and the rest is history.

If you admit that what you say may be accurate, then stop. You'll be basing yourself off of false information to make a statement that holds no ground. You ended up making a fool out of yourself.

Also, drop the victim complex. You are not a freedom fighter protecting a just cause from the injustices of this world. There are far more noble causes you can fight for instead of facing the "crime" of not-buffing-yet your favorite character.
Have I ever mentioned how many of your posts could be summed up with the phrase "apply cold water to burned area", or how much I love you for it?

Phoenix_is_OK

Smash Apprentice
In all seriousness, Bayonetta NEEDS buffs, but we need less of whatever this dumpster fire is and more Bayonetta is bad because:

terrible smashes

landing lag

recovery frames

aerial killing issues

uncancelable charge

multihits not connecting

zero shield pressure

poor grabs

misleading/ non-existing hitboxes

frame 9 jab

quickest move/ OoS is frame 6 and gives her 19 frames of landing lag

frame 8 counter that sucks if you land it

a stupid amount of jank

etc etc etc. If you are coming into this thread to bash this guy, please do, because he shouldn't be saying this stuff. But if you are here to claim Bayonetta is balanced, she is balanced in the sense that she is no longer any threat, and your out of sight out of mind policy doesn't equal balanced.

Last edited:

Phoenix_is_OK

Smash Apprentice
Hey douchebag, I was not establishing my theories as fact. You came after me about 'blaming someone who has nothing to do with balancing the game' and then admit that you have no idea who's balancing the game either. So between the two of us, you're the #### poster coming here to try and mock me in your filthy fursona-degenerate demeanor in multiple paragraphs of derisive language and no actual contribution to the topic.

This is my thread and you can dislike my ideas but if you're just here to insult me then KYS or make your own thread.
It's a cat with a gun. If you are thinking I use this as a means of identification then you are a tad bit off.

Second, could you not tell people to kill themselves? If I wanted to hear that I would have gone on IGN Boards, 4Chan, or your families Thanksgiving when your uncle learns your sexuality.

Third, the actual contribution I added? That your theories hold no weight. I ripped them to shreds. You passed off your theories as fact, they were dismantled, and then you **** the bed when someone proved you wrong.

And yes you acted like a blithering idiot because you thought that nerfing a character and a guy retiring were connected which upsets me very much since you have zero knowledge of Platinum Games.

But please, go on about my nonexistant fursona that is a ****ing cat with a revolver that I MS Painted a hat on from r/Hmmm and a stock image of a cowboy hat because it looked cute and/ or funny.

Disgusting.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
This thread has obviously done nothing but cause salt and controversy. It will now be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom