• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brewin up some Brawl | Markham, Ontario, Canada | May 1st, 2010

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Tin Man & Asian_Alvin Proudly Present:

Featuring:

Super Smash Bros Brawl (main event)
Brawl+ (side event)
Rock-Paper-Scissors (side event)

Venue: Coffee Time
Address: 7170 Warden Avenue, Unit 27
Main Intersection: Warden & Steeles
Where: Markham, Ontario, Canada
Date: Saturday, May 1st, 2010

Prices

Venue fee: $5

Brawl:

Singles: $15
Doubles: $20 ($10 per person)

Brawl+:

Singles: $5
Doubles: $10 ($5 per person)

Rock-Paper-Scissors:
Singles: $1

IF YOU PREREGISTER AND CONFIRM UR ATTENDANCE (not a maybe, must confirm) AND PAY VENUE FEE AND ENTER 1 EVENT, YOU WILL RECEIVE A FREE DONUT/COFFEE (prolly a medium). IN ADDITION, IF U ENTER ALL EVENTS, U WILL RECEIVE A FREE DONUT/COFFEE (and yes, it is possible to get 2 donuts/coffee's). IF YOU BRING A TV, YOU CAN ALSO GET A FREE COFFEE/DONUT

HOWEVER WITH 3 METHODS OF OBTAINING A FREE COFFEE/DONUT, IT IS ONLY POSSIBLE TO OBTAIN 2 COFFEES, DONUTS, OR 1 OF EACH. IF YOU DO SATISFY ALL 3 CONDITIONS, YOU CAN OBTAIN 2 FREE ITEMS AND GET A PAT ON THE BACK/HAND SHAKE/PUBLIC PRAISE FOR YOUR EFFORTS

Payouts: (depends on entrants)

If entrants are 24 or lower, pay out top 3

1st Place: 60%
2nd Place: 30%
3rd Place: 10%

If entrants are 25 - 32, pay out top 4

1st Place: 55%
2nd Place: 30%
4th Place: 5%

If entrants are 33 - 48, pay out top 6

1st Place: 55%
2nd Place: 25%
5th Place: 2.5% (x2)

If entrants are 49 or higher, pay out top 8

1st Place: 50%
2nd Place: 25%
5th Place: 3%(x2)
7h Place: 2% (x2)

Schedule:

9am-12am (lol we even get the venue until 2am if necessary XD)

9am: Doors open
10am: Registration begins
11am: Events begin

Directions from TTC transit:

1) From finch station, take the 53 east (any letter should work), then get off at Warden street. Walk north for 5 minutes until you see the Coffee Time sign from the street (there are pics below)

2) The 68 bus goes along warden. Get of at Steeles (there should be a Wendy's right in front of you, you can't miss it unless your a complete & total dip****).Walk north for 5 minutes until you see the Coffee Time sign from the street (there are pics below)

Directions from Viva transit:

1) Get off of the Viva green at Dennison street. You will be right there. Just walk west along Dennison street then make a left at the 1st intersection. You will see the venue.

Food:

THERE IS FOOD AT THE VENUE. BUY STUFF FROM THEM

Alternate food options:

Walk 5 minutes south to Warden & Steeles intersection. At the north, west corner of the intersection, there are plenty of food places (Subway, Wendy's, Kelsy's, Boston Pizza, T&T supermarket, & a bunch of other asian ****)

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl

General rules, SBR certified (Brawl+ changes in bracket):

-3(4) Stock
-8 minute timer
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-Team attack on
-All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
-Stalling is banned. Planking is not allowed.
-DDD's Sanding & walking infinite are not allowed.
-Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
-40 ledge grab limit. If a player surpasses the limit and the timer runs out, the player who surpassed the limit automatically loses regardless of stock or percent. If both players surpass the limit and the timer runs out, the player who will win is determined by 1st stock and then percentage.

Infinite Grabs: Gentlemen's rule (we don't like it, but if you need to do it to win, go right ahead).

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage List (Brawl)

Starter:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpicks:

Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

Banned:

Everything else.

Stage List (Brawl+)

Starter:

Final D
Battlefield
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Warioware (singles only)
SSE Jungle (doubles only)

Counterpicks:

Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza (doubles only)
Halberd (singles only)
Luigi's Mansion
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
PTAD+
Rainbow Cruise
Skyworld+
Yoshi's Island

Banned:

Everything else.​

Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock 2 minute match will be played out on the same stage with the same characters. If Bowser's suicide klaw, Ganondorf's flame choke, Kirby's swallow, DDD's swallow, Diddy's monkey flip, or Wario's bite is the cause of both players dying on their final stock, the player who initiated the attack wins the match.

-Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or

-Sonic and Lucario can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

-Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

General Rules:

-no illegal substances, no alcohol, no green.
-don't smell, please shower
-Tournament matches have priority over friendlies. MMs have priority over friendlies
-Keep trash talking casual, no need for us to witness someone getting a punch in the face

Rock-Paper-Scissors!

General rules:

-All rounds with the exception of winner finals, loser finals, and grand finals will be best of 3 (finals rounds may be best of 5)
-To help with synchronization between both players, shouting out "Rock-Paper-Scissors" is recommended
-In the result of a tie, redo the specific match until a winner is decided.
-It is also recommended that both players pause after they select either rock, paper or scissors to allow both players to clearly verify a winner
-If a player fails to select either rock, paper or scissors (and uses some unknown hand symbol), or they switch their selection after already choosing, they lose the match. If both players do this, it will act as a tie and both players must redo the match.

GOOGLE MAPS

From Gi's venue to this venue:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sour...79.326353&sspn=0.023747,0.055747&ie=UTF8&z=13

From Pacific mall to this venue:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sour...79.298585&sspn=0.095036,0.222988&ie=UTF8&z=16

Staff:

Tin Man
Asian_Alvin
5ive (only if he shows on time -.-)

A request to all you good people of the community.

PLEASE HELP BRING STUFF >:^D

Wii + Brawl:

Tin Man (x1)
Asian_Alvin (x1)
JustNoOne (x1)
Douhneill (x1)
Mr.TD (x1)
Riddlebox (x1)
Fashoomp (x1)
Dinner (x1)
Niagara (x2)
PNDMike (x1)
Quebec (x2)
Patches (x1)
Archmage_flash (x1)

Total Wii + Brawl count = 15 (15)

Wii + Brawl+:

5ive (x1)
Fonez (x1)
Fizz (x1)
Quebec (x1)

Total Wii + Brawl+ count = 4 (4)

T.V.s:

Tin_Man (x1)
Asian_Alvin (x3)
Iliad (x1)
Riddlebox (x1)
Fashoomp (x1)
F1ZZ (x2)
Niagara (x1) (maybe 2, one of the TV's needs a vcr with coax cables)
PNDMike (x1)
5ive (x2)

Total TV count = 13 (14)

Extension Cords/Power Bars:

Tin Man (multiple)
Asian_Alvin (multiple)
Fashoomp (x1)
Patches (x1)
Riddlebox (x1)

Recording Stations:

Tin Man (x1)
Holy Nightmare (x1)
Archmage_flash's Brother (x1)
Rikana (x1)

Livestream:

Asian_Alvin (x1) (Maybe)

Attendance List:

1. Tin Man
2. Pho
3. JustNoOne
4. Dinner
5. Nightmare
6. jasonhan416
7. Inle~Orichas
8. Ally
9. Holy Nightmare
10. SRTM
11. Sauc3
12. Iliad
13. ArenaX
14. XxHollowCorexX
15. Patches
16. Riddlebox
17. Marik
18. KnucklesTheEchidna
19. Freeroller
20. doovongeman
21. Gichan
22. LooftWaffles
23. PNDMike
24. WaveofShadow
25. Douhneill
26. Hammabro
27. Kingace
28. Ray_Kalm
29. Divine_Haze
30. Self Distructo
31. Mr.TD
32. Patches Wifey
33. WaveofShadow's brother
34. Supreme Dirt (maybe)
35. smashwarp
36. 5ive
37. Fashoomp
38. Fonez
39. SkylerSilver
40. Rikana
41. Ambrose (maybe)
42. J.L (maybe)
43. Jasuke (maybe)
44. Fool
45. Shifu
46. Akariss
47. WaveofShadow's friend (maybe)
48. Archmage_flash
49. B Nelly
50. TheSlip
51. F1ZZ
52. Kuenzel
53. Tippr
54. Raidos
55. nvm
56. Hells
57. Guard
58. Mariouch (maybe)
59. TehSiggs (maybe)
60. LightningShadow
61. Insomnia
62. Holio

Attendance count = 55 (62)

________________________$$$$$$$$$$________
________________________$$$$$$$$$$$_______
_________________________$$$$$$$$$$$______
__________________________$$$$$$$$$$$_____
_____________________________$$$$$$$$$____
___________________________$$$$$$$$$$_____
__________________________$$$$$$$$$$$$$___
________________$$$______$$$$$$$$$$$$$$___
______________$$$$$$$$_____$$$$$$__$$$$$__
_____________$$$$$$$$$$_____$$$$____$$$$$_
___________$$$$$$_$$$$$$$$__$$$$______$$$$
__________$$$$$_____$$$$$$$$_$$$$_______$$$
_________$$$$$_________$$$$$$$$$$$$_______$$$
_______ $$$_____________$$$$$$$$$$$________$$$
_____$$$__ ______________$$$$$$$$$$________$$$$$$

Tin Man

Smash Hero
LOL DSi Pics

Inside the venue

Who needs outside food when its right in front of u?

Tin Man & Asian_Alvin

Outside the venue

Asian driving lol

Drive-by shooting :p

Look for dis sign (view from north side of the sign)

Cruxis

Smash Lord
a tourney in MARKHAM?

i never thought thered be a tourney where i live

90% chance im coming

Slashy

Smash Lord
Just curious, if you're going to have Brawl+ as a side event, would you be able to also have Brawl+ doubles?

Rikana

Smash Champion
I'd go if Brawl+ is in. I'd most likely be able to come to this as school already ended by then. Also, this venue is literally just 5 minute drive from my place.

How did you get Coffee Time to host a tournie by the way?

And @ Slashy. Why are you in Canada's thread? Do you intend on joining?

Slashy

Smash Lord
Nope, just trying to get more events for Brawl+ doubles, regardless if I'll be able to attend them.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Just curious, if you're going to have Brawl+ as a side event, would you be able to also have Brawl+ doubles?
Yes, I'll try to include this venue

I'd go if Brawl+ is in. I'd most likely be able to come to this as school already ended by then. Also, this venue is literally just 5 minute drive from my place.

How did you get Coffee Time to host a tournie by the way?
Because I'm ****ING AMAZING ;)

(and also maybe because its Asian_Alvin's parents store :p)

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
I might come for brawl marik if you're going i'm coming with you no homo. Uh what is the chance of getting melee in this???

.Marik

is a social misfit
I might come for brawl marik if you're going i'm coming with you no homo. Uh what is the chance of getting melee in this???
No problem.

About Melee, vBrawl and Brawl+ events will eat up all the time and space, I'd be surprised if Tin Man allows Melee to happen.

Screw Brawl, join the Brawl+ event. :yoshi:

i1337

Smash Ace
i might come - put me down as a maybe please though (i can let you know sometime during the week before it, lol)

also lol @ venue

Gichan

Smash Champion
French Vanilla is sooooo beast, love dat ****.

Tin, you know I'm there. Good to be at a tourney I don't have to host (unless the circumstances change.

For now, put me down for a wii and brawl. If teh sexy bran decides to do it up again, T.O.
s got this with tvs again.

And....is it possible for that guy to bring his 3 tvs to my tourney? LOL

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Ally had Americaphobia now?

The border people have guns under their desk?

Ally wants his Kinder Surprise cause their banned in the USA?

Yay =D

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Well since I confirmed myself... I guess I can bring both Brawl and Melee + Wii and maybe there's a SLIGHT chance of me bringing a TV... though dont' count on it.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I was all "mlehhh I can't go to this"

and then I saw the pics in the OP

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

so I guess I'm a maybe or something? prolly not but lolz

Iliad

Smash Lord
I'm prolly down for this. I might not make it out if the distance is too much. hour and a half to scarborough alone is kind of ********, if this is any longer I prolly won't show. Sorry.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
I checked google maps out of curiosity earlier today and it said it was just over an hour driving.

Anyways I'm interested, gonna have to ask around for a ride again, 502 bad gateway, etc

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Plz show up. It will be much appreciated.

No problem.

About Melee, vBrawl and Brawl+ events will eat up all the time and space, I'd be surprised if Tin Man allows Melee to happen.

Screw Brawl, join the Brawl+ event. :yoshi:
LOL, I will be hosting a melee event. Prolly the week after, same venue, everything. Why so surprised lol

French Vanilla is sooooo beast, love dat ****.

Tin, you know I'm there. Good to be at a tourney I don't have to host (unless the circumstances change.

For now, put me down for a wii and brawl. If teh sexy bran decides to do it up again, T.O.
s got this with tvs again.

And....is it possible for that guy to bring his 3 tvs to my tourney? LOL
I thank u for ur support Gi, and my friend will not be able to bring his equipment as he is in London, Ontario for school at that time.

Bring ur stuff to this though k :p

confirm me for now, not 100% sure, this means confirm holy too
lol I was going to some NJ tourney but heh like i said not 100% sure but ill prob go to this, I dont like the borders.
Its great to have u here Ally at my 1st tourney. Welcome back to Canada :bee:

I checked google maps out of curiosity earlier today and it said it was just over an hour driving.

Anyways I'm interested, gonna have to ask around for a ride again, 502 bad gateway, etc
U know u wanna be here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prolly gonna run a 1$ entry fee RPS side tourney. Who's in? :p

Top Bottom