• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brewin up some Brawl 2: MLG prep | Markham, Ontario, Canada | May 22nd, 2010

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Tin Man & Asian_Alvin Proudly Present:

Brewin up some Brawl 2:
MLG prep

Featuring:

Super Smash Bros Brawl (main event)
Brawl+ (side event)
Rock-Paper-Scissors (side event)

Venue: Coffee Time
Address: 7170 Warden Avenue, Unit 27
Main Intersection: Warden & Steeles
Where: Markham, Ontario, Canada
Date: Saturday, May 22nd, 2010

Prices

Venue fee: $5

Brawl:

Singles: $15
Doubles: $20 ($10 per person)

Brawl+:

Singles: $5
Doubles: $10 ($5 per person)

Rock-Paper-Scissors:
Singles: $1

Payouts: (depends on entrants)

If entrants are 24 or lower, pay out top 3

1st Place: 60%
2nd Place: 30%
3rd Place: 10%

If entrants are 25 - 32, pay out top 4

1st Place: 55%
2nd Place: 30%
4th Place: 5%

If entrants are 33 - 48, pay out top 6

1st Place: 55%
2nd Place: 25%
5th Place: 2.5% (x2)

If entrants are 49 or higher, pay out top 8

1st Place: 50%
2nd Place: 25%
5th Place: 3%(x2)
7h Place: 2% (x2)

Schedule:

9am-12am (lol we even get the venue until 2am if necessary XD)

9am: Doors open
10am: Registration begins
11am: Events begin
11am: RPS Begins
11:30 am: Doubles Begins
Brawl + events will begin whenever 5ive is ready
Brawl singles will begin ASAP

Directions from TTC transit:

1) From finch station, take the 53 east (any letter should work), then get off at Warden street. Walk north for 5 minutes until you see the Coffee Time sign from the street (there are pics below)

2) The 68 bus goes along warden. Get of at Steeles (there should be a Wendy's right in front of you, you can't miss it unless your a complete & total dip****).Walk north for 5 minutes until you see the Coffee Time sign from the street (there are pics below)

Directions from Viva transit:

1) Get off of the Viva green at Dennison street. You will be right there. Just walk west along Dennison street then make a left at the 1st intersection. You will see the venue.

Food:

THERE IS FOOD AT THE VENUE. BUY STUFF FROM THEM

Alternate food options:

Walk 5 minutes south to Warden & Steeles intersection. At the north, west corner of the intersection, there are plenty of food places (Subway, Wendy's, Kelsy's, Boston Pizza, T&T supermarket, & a bunch of other asian ****)

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl

MLG RULE SET (Brawl+ changes in bracket):

1v1 Settings
1. Rules = Stock
2. Stock = 3 (4)
3. Timer = 8 Minutes
4. Items = Off & None

2v2 Settings
1. Rules = Stock
2. Stock = 3 (4)
3. Timer = 8 Minutes
4. Items = Off & None
5. Team Attack = On

General Rules (rules in red do not apply)
  1. Players may not use a controller with Turbo capabilities, Button Mapping capabilities, or Wireless capabilities. Controllers with Turbo capabilities allow Players to press a button that results in their Character performing a set of actions that would normally require the Player to press the same button multiple times. Controllers with Button Mapping capabilities allow Players to map a button sequence to a specific button. Pressing that button results in their Character performing a set of actions that would normally require the Player to press multiple buttons.
  2. Players may not use a controller that has been modified in such a way that it alters their Character’s abilities and/or in-game mechanics. Players may not use a controller that has been modified to include a Turbo button or Button Mapping capabilities. Players are allowed to make cosmetic changes to their controller, however, Major League Gaming reserves the right to deny the use of any controller suspected of providing an unfair competitive advantage.
  3. Players may not attach a headset to the Wii or TV.
  4. Players/Teams who break General Rules #1-3 will be given a Warning. Each subsequent Warning that a Player/Team receives will result in a Forfeit of the Game (See Gameplay #3).
  5. Players may not intentionally manipulate a button, trigger, bumper, D-Pad, and/or joystick on a teammate’s controller while a Game is in progress. Breaking this rule will result in a Forfeit of the Game.
  6. Players may not appear on the Main Stage or Feature Station with sponsor insignia that is not approved by MLG or conflicts with MLG sponsors. Players may be asked to wear MLG apparel for Main Stage and Feature Station Matches.
  7. In the case of a Wii/TV malfunction, the Game will be restarted from the beginning.
  8. No Warm-Up Games may be played outside of scheduled Warm-Up periods.
  9. During scheduled Warm-Up periods, all Games must be played with three Stock or less.
  10. During scheduled Warm-Up periods, all Players must get up at the end of a Game and allow any Players, who have been waiting, to take their seat.
  11. During Saturday and Sunday’s scheduled Warm-Up periods, Players/Teams who haven’t been eliminated from the Event have priority over other Players/Teams regarding the use of open Stations.
  12. Players who break General Rules #8-11 may be given a Foul (See Pro Circuit Conduct Rules).
  13. If a Player/Team fails to report to their Station within 5 minutes of their Match’s announcement, they will Forfeit the 1st Game. 10 minutes after the announcement, a Player/Team will Forfeit the Best of 3 Game Match or the 2nd Game of the Best of 5/7/11 Game Match. 15 minutes after the announcement, a Player/Team will Forfeit the Best of 5, Best of 7, or Best of 11 Game Match. If both Players/Teams Forfeit the Match, the higher seeded Player/Team will win the Match.
  14. Players/Teams may Forfeit a Game or Match if a Player leaves their Station without their Referee’s permission, or is otherwise unable to play. Referees may set a time limit for a Player who has requested that they be allowed to leave their Station, however, Referees may also deny a Player’s request to leave their Station. Players/Teams may Forfeit a Game or Match if a Player hasn’t returned by the end of their Referee’s set time limit.
  15. In order to dispute Game results, Players/Teams must notify their Referee that they would like to Protest the Game. In order to dispute Match results, Players/Teams must notify their Referee that they would like to Protest the Match. Players/Teams must notify their Referee of their intent to Protest a Game before a new Game has begun. Players/Teams must notify their Referee of their intent to Protest a Match before the Match’s Score Sheet has been submitted to the Tournament Director.
Gameplay
  1. No use of Marth’s and Squirtle’s Grab Release Infinites against Ness.
  2. No use of King Dedede’s Standing Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario.
  3. Players/Teams who break Gameplay Rules #1-2 will be given a Warning. Each subsequent Warning that a Player/Team receives will result in a Forfeit of the Game (See General Rules #4).
  4. No use of Meta Knight’s Infinite Cape Glitch.
  5. No Pausing a Game without Referee’s permission.
  6. No use of an action that freezes a Game, or otherwise disrupts standard gameplay.
  7. Any Infinite Move must end before the affected Character reaches 300%.
  8. Breaking any of Gameplay Rules #4-7 will result in a Forfeit of the Game.
  9. Any sign of cheating may result in a Forfeit of the Game, disqualification from the Event, and ejection from the venue. Players who are disqualified from the Event won’t receive any Rank Points for their ranking in the Event.
  10. In the 1v1 Event, the higher seeded Player must choose their Controller Port first. The lower seeded Player may use any of the remaining Controller Ports.
  11. In the 2v2 Event, the higher seeded Team must choose one Controller Port first. The lower seeded Team must then choose two Controller Ports. The higher seeded Team must use the Controller Port that wasn’t chosen.
  12. Players may request a Blind Pick of Characters for Game 1 of a Match.
  13. For Game 1 of each Match, the higher seeded Player/Team must strike three Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The lower seeded Player/Team must then strike 4 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The higher seeded Player/Team must then choose the Game 1 Stage from the remaining Starter Stages.
  14. After the Characters and Stage have been selected for Game 1 of a Match, each Player may select one Stage, from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages, that can’t be chosen for Games 2-11 (Stage Banning). For Stage Banning, Players may not ban the Stage that has been selected for Game 1. The lower seeded Player will be given the opportunity to select a Stage first. The higher seeded Player will then be given the opportunity to select a Stage.
  15. The loser of a Game must select the Stage for the next Game, however, Players may not select a Stage on which they have already won a Game in the Match. The Stage for Games 2-11 can be selected from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages.
  16. After the Stage for Game 2-11 has been selected, the winner of the previous Game must select their Character(s), for the upcoming Game, first. The loser of the Game must then choose their Character(s) for the upcoming Game.
  17. If the Timer runs out, the winner of the Game will be determined by the following criteria in this order: Stock and Percentage. If Stock is used to determine a winner, the highest number will win. If Percentage is used to determine a winner, the lowest number will win. If both Stock and Percentage are tied, Sudden Death won’t be used and a Tiebreaker Round will be played instead. Multiple Tiebreaker Rounds may be used if necessary. In a Tiebreaker Round, Stock will be set to 1, the Timer will be set to 4 Minutes, and the same Stage and Characters must be used.
  18. If the Timer runs out and a Player exceeds the Edge Grab Limit, that Player/Team will Forfeit the Game. However, if the Timer runs out and both Players in a 1v1 Match, or at least one Player on each 2v2 Team, exceed the Edge Grab Limit, the penalty will not be enforced (See Gameplay #17). The Edge Grab Limit will be 35. For Tiebreaker Rounds, the Edge Grab Limit will be 15. The Edge Grab Limits only apply to Games/Tiebreaker Rounds in which the Timer runs out.
  19. If a Game is started without the approval of a Referee it will be restarted.
  20. Players may take one or more of their teammate’s Stock.
For Videos of all of the Gameplay Rule’s illegal maneuvers, go here:

Starter Stages
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter-Pick Stages
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Stage List (Brawl+)

Starter:

Final D
Battlefield
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Warioware (singles only)
SSE Jungle (doubles only)

Counterpicks:

Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Pictochat+
Rainbow Cruise
Castle Siege+ (singles only)
Luigi's Mansion+ (doubles only)
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island: Brawl
Rumble Falls+

Banned:

Everything else.​

Rock-Paper-Scissors!

General rules:

-3 fist shakes and then you select an option
-All rounds with the exception of winner finals, loser finals, and grand finals will be best of 3 (finals rounds may be best of 5 or 7)
-To help with synchronization between both players, shouting out "Rock-Paper-Scissors-Shoot" is recommended
-In the result of a tie, redo the specific match until a winner is decided.
-It is also recommended that both players pause after they select either rock, paper or scissors to allow both players to clearly verify a winner
-If a player fails to select either rock, paper or scissors (and uses some unknown hand symbol), or they switch their selection after already choosing, they lose the match. If both players do this, it will act as a tie and both players must redo the match.

GOOGLE MAPS

From Gi's venue to this venue:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sour...79.326353&sspn=0.023747,0.055747&ie=UTF8&z=13

From Pacific mall to this venue:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sour...79.298585&sspn=0.095036,0.222988&ie=UTF8&z=16

Staff:

Tin Man
Asian_Alvin
5ive

A request to all you good people of the community.

PLEASE HELP BRING STUFF >:^D

Wii + Brawl:

Tin Man (x1)
Asian_Alvin (x1)
Freeroller (x1)
Holy Nightmare (x1)
_Asian_Kenny_ (x1)
Pho (x1)
Riddlebox (x1)
Swordgard (x1)
sswizzbbeatss (x1)
Marik (x1)
-Citrus (x1)
JustNoOne (x1)
Fashoomp (x1)
PK-ow! (x1)
Han (x1)
Douhneill (x1) (maybe)

Total Wii + Brawl count = 14 (15)

Wii + Brawl+:

F1ZZ (x1)
LooftWaffles (x1)
5ive (x1)
XxHollowCorexX (x1)

Total Wii + Brawl+ count = 4 (4)

T.V.s:

Tin_Man (x1)
Asian_Alvin (x2)
Riddlebox (x1)
F1ZZ (x2)
5ive (x2)
MatticusJT (x1)
Fashoomp (x1)
Phiddlesticks (x1)
Douhneill (x1) (maybe)

Total TV count = 11 (12)

Extension Cords/Power Bars:

Tin Man (multiple)
Asian_Alvin (multiple)
other useful ppl (multiple)

Recording Stations:

Tin Man (x1)

Livestream:

NekoNekoXD (x1)

Attendance List:

1. Tin Man
2. JvaN_ (maybe)
3. JustNoOne
4. 5ive
5. Pho
6. .Marik
7. Iliad
8. LooftWaffles
9. Riddlebox
10. Dinner
11. GUARD
12. jpak
13. Holy Nightmare
14. Ally
15. Obama
16. jpak's friend
17. XxHollowCorexX
18. Violent-nin (maybe)
19. Archmage_flash
20. i1337 (maybe)
21. Swordgard
22. nvm
23. KingKong
24. Runawayfire
25. Terra
26. Inle~Orichas
27. SkylerSilver
28. sauc3
29. Douhneill
30. Silverdoc~
31. Freeroller
32. Fashoomp
33. F1ZZ
34. Decoy (maybe)
35. Ambrose (maybe)
36. phiddlesticks
37. Gichan
38. _Asian_Kenny_
39. sswizzbbeatss
40. PK-ow!
41. Ray_Kalm
42. -Citrus
43. MatticusJT
44. -Citrus' friend (maybe)
45. MatticusJT's friend (maybe)
46. Logan
47. Han
48. JvaN_ (maybe)
49. Dog007
50. Ludwig
51. Crapbird

Attendance count = 44 (51)

________________________$$$$$$$$$$________
________________________$$$$$$$$$$$_______
_________________________$$$$$$$$$$$______
__________________________$$$$$$$$$$$_____
_____________________________$$$$$$$$$____
___________________________$$$$$$$$$$_____
__________________________$$$$$$$$$$$$$___
________________$$$______$$$$$$$$$$$$$$___
______________$$$$$$$$_____$$$$$$__$$$$$__
_____________$$$$$$$$$$_____$$$$____$$$$$_
___________$$$$$$_$$$$$$$$__$$$$______$$$$
__________$$$$$_____$$$$$$$$_$$$$_______$$$
_________$$$$$_________$$$$$$$$$$$$_______$$$
_______ $$$_____________$$$$$$$$$$$________$$$
_____$$$__ ______________$$$$$$$$$$________$$$$$$

Tin Man

Smash Hero
LOL DSi Pics

Inside the venue

Who needs outside food when its right in front of u?

Tin Man & Asian_Alvin

Outside the venue

Asian driving lol

Drive-by shooting :p

Look for dis sign (view from north side of the sign)

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
LOL So are like, people buying food and just walking in and out the whole time while this is going on? That would be my only concern hahaha.

swordgard

Smash Hero
MLG rules make me laugh. I don't see why anyone would even remotely want to play on them.

Il talk to you on msn and try to convince you its a horrible ruleset.

edit: Btw, MLG ruleset was never SBR certified. If anything quite the opposite.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Put me on as a maybe since I'll likely be working on my Programming ISP at the time this is on.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
I'll try not to bail last minute this time k.
What time did you even wake up that day! I was very disappointed.

I'm probably in. Not carrying my huge *** TV though. Too much work.

SSF4 side event plox?

.Marik

is a social misfit
You guys already know I'm coming.

Just for Brawl+ this time though.

Regular Brawl ***** my wallet. Hopefully my Snake will be in shape by this date, maybe I'll enter then.

swordgard

Smash Hero
You guys already know I'm coming.

Just for Brawl+ this time though.

Regular Brawl ***** my wallet. Hopefully my Snake will be in shape by this date, maybe I'll enter then.
The problem does not lie within the character, but within the players mind.

Also, horrible rules are horrible.

Freeroller

Smash Cadet
Confirm me...
Also, I'll bring my wii. Probably... (If there are more confirmed wii's than tvs I probably won't bring it though)

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Count me as one of thr people who didnt know that the MLG ruleset was SBR certified. Oh wait......

This ruleset is far fron ideal.

Confirm for brawl singles, anybody wanna team? I use my Pika in doubles. Stock tank ftw

5ivey, confirm my wii for +

SRTM

Smash Ace
that was fast tinners.
I'm probably down cause i'm so cool.
If the tournament doesn't end by 12, i'm going on a rampage.

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
I would LOVE to come to this......... but I would prefer if the one in charge would choose the starter and CP stages a little more intelligently.... not to be offensive.lol The chances I go are still high though.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
stages are pretty wacky, but it IS the mlg standard which is pretty much all that matters these days - dont blame tinman hes making the right choice here

nickcam

Smash Ace
My god what a thief, stealing my rps tourney side event idea. From what i hear you guys dont even know how to play rps (4 pumps, what the **** is that). Only tinman can **** up the rules of the most basic game in history. Also lol at green greens. What a champ stage.

swordgard

Smash Hero
stages are pretty wacky, but it IS the mlg standard which is pretty much all that matters these days - dont blame tinman hes making the right choice here
Sacrificing our ideals just for some corporation is never a good choice.

Btw just so people know, the neutrals are actually good, but some of the rules right there make no sense. The stage list is not that extreme though. Only 2 stages should really not be in there really.

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
Ummmm....

Original: MLG ruleset (god****it)

Players may not use a controller with Turbo capabilities, Button Mapping capabilities, or Wireless capabilities.
Players may not use a controller with Turbo capabilities, Wireless capabilities.
Players may not use a controller with Wireless capabilities
may not use Wireless capabilities
I'm sorry, what?

10canwenotusefullMLGrulesetforthislocaltourneyplz & thankyou's

swordgard

Smash Hero
MLG ruleset should not in any way become a standard. There is a reason tournaments like apex use good rulesets.

Hells

Smash Apprentice
gdi swordgard dont you dare convince them to take out green green, btw in mlg rules theres pirate ship add it >;o

Hells

Smash Apprentice
Hahahaha shush. You already have yoshi's island.
Adding pirate ship would give me nightmares for weeks.
hmm i bet you were in my pool in last tourney lol? tbh i dont see pirate ship that broken if picto chat is in the cp choice

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Considering this is supposed to be MLG practice lol, the stage list make sense but I dont think a lot of people from Canada are going to MLG tbh so whatever doesn't matter anyway I'm using MK so I'm immune to the stages. Montreal coming again probably, Tinman could you ask for housing in advance for Friday and Saturday please :)

asian_alvin

Smash Cadet
melee event i think is happening on 15th, i guess the thread isnt up yet. as for side events, i dont think there'll be any till we get this thing running more efficiently. i'll definately have a ssf4 setup again though, and maybe soul calibur 4 for anyone interested :p

i'll see if i can house anybody. could be tricky to convince the parents, but i usually have my way with them. the recent burglary at the venue two days ago though might spark up some trust issues with them though.

btw someone left a brawl disc case at the venue last time. whoever it was, want it back?

Top Bottom