• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breath of the Wild Sequel Delayed to Next Spring

Breath_of_the_Sequel.jpg

Nintendo announced in a video that the sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has been delayed to Spring 2023. The Legend of Zelda’s producer, Eiiji Aonuma, emphasized that in addition to adventures on the ground and in the sky, the “expanded world goes beyond that” and that there will be a wider range of features to enjoy. You can watch the full video below:

Hopefully we’ll hear some news about the game in the near future. Despite the next Zelda entry taking a while to release, it sounds like Nintendo is trying their best to make the game an ambitious experience that will be worth the wait.

Credits:
Editing: @Sari
Thumbnail Graphic: @Zerp
Publishing: @Zerp

Last edited:
DanganZilla5

Comments

If they plan on making the world larger, there needs to be more stuff than shrine and koroks. Certain places feel kinda dead in BOTW, which is one of the only things I don’t like about the game.

A real shame but I have endless patience when awaiting a new Zelda
Weird to think how much a name matters. This game really is not a Zelda in gameplay nor story, with it's gameplay being radically different from what Zelda used to be and it's story completely separate from the Zelda timeline. They could have just as well made a new franchise out of it and very few would have compared it to Zelda because of how un-Zelda like it is. Yet it is a Zelda game in name, and that triggers our brain to associate it with the rest of them.

Weird as it may sound though, I actually like it that BotW is basically a new series with a thin coat of Zelda paint. IMO the new direction is awesome and the thin coat of Zelda paint looks good.

Last edited:
Weird to think how much a name matters. This game really is not a Zelda in gameplay nor story, with it's gameplay being radically different from what Zelda used to be and it's story completely separate from the Zelda timeline. They could have just as well made a new franchise out of it and very few would have compared it to Zelda because of how un-Zelda like it is. Yet it is a Zelda game in name, and that triggers our brain to associate it with the rest of them.

Weird as it may sound though, I actually like it that BotW is basically a new series with a thin coat of Zelda paint. IMO the new direction is awesome and the thin coat of Zelda paint looks good.
the point was they were trying to do something new with the franchise thats why its so different

Last edited:
What a specific thing to be happy about.
A scar would increase the chance of link dying and a beard just doesnt look good on link he started out as a kid after all!
And if youre wondering why i was worried its because you dont see links face in gameplay in the second trailer!

A scar would increase the chance of link dying and a beard just doesnt look good on link he started out as a kid after all!
And if youre wondering why i was worried its because you dont see links face in gameplay in the second trailer!
this version of link is supposed to be heavily scarred anyway, itd be a bit odd to show the scars now

this version of link is supposed to be heavily scarred anyway, itd be a bit odd to show the scars now
Yeah on his Arm im fine with arm scars not so much with facial ones! and even so the arm scaring looks more like Juin (Cursed mark) from naruto to me!

Some articles are suggesting that the game may be too powerful for the Nintendo Switch to handle. Funny to say when you consider that Breath of the Wild uses less than half the amount of memory that a Nintendo Switch game card can carry.

Top Bottom