• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Aaaaaaaaand my pre-order for the special edition of Breath of the Wild just got canceled. Honestly, I just wish Nintendo wouldn't do stupid **** like this and would just release the damn game by itself. It's better if everyone can just get a normal copy of the game rather than pull this lottery crap with special editions.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
So may I ask you a rather strange question, that is completely unrelated to anything that is currently happening.

If we were to add a fifth face button to, let's say a Gamecube controller, since the button placing allows it, what should that button be called?

It cant be A, B, X or Y for obvious reasons, and it can not be even Z, since it's Gamecube controller. And what I just recently realized is that the C in the C-stick is just the letter C, that comes after A and B, and it does not stand for something like control stick. So it can not be C either.

And if we want to nitpick, it can't be D either, since the controller has a D-pad. And the W button would be bothersome to say aloud when explaining.

Probably the crying-laughing emoji button?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Aaaaaaaaand my pre-order for the special edition of Breath of the Wild just got canceled. Honestly, I just wish Nintendo wouldn't do stupid **** like this and would just release the damn game by itself. It's better if everyone can just get a normal copy of the game rather than pull this lottery crap with special editions.
Someone else mentioned the same thing at a different website. At least my Breath of the Wild pre-order is for the Wii U version, so I don't have to worry about that special edition stuff.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So may I ask you a rather strange question, that is completely unrelated to anything that is currently happening.

If we were to add a fifth face button to, let's say a Gamecube controller, since the button placing allows it, what should that button be called?

It cant be A, B, X or Y for obvious reasons, and it can not be even Z, since it's Gamecube controller. And what I just recently realized is that the C in the C-stick is just the letter C, that comes after A and B, and it does not stand for something like control stick. So it can not be C either.

And if we want to nitpick, it can't be D either, since the controller has a D-pad. And the W button would be bothersome to say aloud when explaining.

Probably the crying-laughing emoji button?
Call it the F button.

Now you can press F to pay respects.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
You can't get mad about your Switch preorder getting cancelled if you failed to preorder it at all.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
After far longer than I'd wanted it to take, another character concept is finished. Someone whose actual odds were obscured by the loud following he had a year ago.

If you need me...I'll probably be laying down and waiting for my back to stop feeling like it's being stabbed...

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
His uncle works at Nintendo, obviously.
Why don't people admit they have no friends or relatives who work for Nintendo, like I admitted a few days ago? It's not that hard, really. (Maybe admit isn't the right term in my case, since I'm not dumb enough to say my uncle works for Nintendo)

Realtalk though: If what Bowserlick says is true, it was probably reffering to the Wii U version. Andre from GameXplain already has a copy of Breath of the Wild for the Switch, so I think that would be the only case. I'm still waiting to inquire his source though.

Last edited:

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Apparently SmashBoards is now "Home of the Gullible Community." Go ahead, look at the top of the page, they changed it. :p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Why don't people admit they have no friends or relatives who work for Nintendo, like I admitted a few days ago? It's not that hard, really. (Maybe admit isn't the right term in my case, since I'm not dumb enough to say my uncle works for Nintendo)

Realtalk though: If what Bowserlick says is true, it was probably reffering to the Wii U version. Andre from GameXplain already has a copy of Breath of the Wild for the Switch, so I think that would be the only case. I'm still waiting to inquire his source though.
...It was a joke. >_>

No serious leaker ever says "My uncle works are Nintendo" if they want to be taken seriously. :p

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Also pro tip: if Nintendo announces a game's release date is less than TWO MONTHS, it's not getting delayed. That means it's like at least 99% done, they're almost ready to ship products out, and it would require so much damage control announcing a delay.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If you find the hidden pipe in Breath of the Wild and jump inside, you will be able to play a level of Super Mario Odyssey as Link.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Because as you yourself said. you don't like Fawful.
Ah ha, ah ha ha, (BUZZER)!!!!

The answer: Going to a Nintendo related forum and saying something about an unreleased title whether it's true or not, then saying "I know this because my friend/family member works for Nintendo" in attempt to get credibility for it is not funny anymore. I don't even think it was ever funny to begin with either.

Honestly, It's not that hard. I have no friends or family who work for Nintendo, and I'm willing to admit it. What's are the chances that a baseball boy from Minnesota knows someone who works for Nintendo anyway?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ah ha, ah ha ha, (BUZZER)!!!!

The answer: Going to a Nintendo related forum and saying something about an unreleased title whether it's true or not, then saying "I know this because my friend/family member works for Nintendo" in attempt to get credibility for it is not funny anymore. I don't even think it was ever funny to begin with either.

Honestly, It's not that hard. I have no friends or family who work for Nintendo, and I'm willing to admit it. What's are the chances that a baseball boy from Minnesota knows someone who works for Nintendo anyway?
If it weren't against the rules, I would have replied with a simple "wut".

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I don't know if any of you seen this yet, but Usain Bolt was featured in several Japanese commercials for Pokemon Sun and Moon:

Quite a neat way to commemorate Pokemon Day today, don't you think?

Speaking of that, Happy Pokemon Day everyone! Hope you've been having some swell time playing some Pokemon or keeping that Pokemon spirit alive in some way!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I made post in another thread that I feel like to post it here, so here we go.

Every day that pass, I want to play MGS4 more and more to finally have a opinion that isn't based on what I see but what I have experience.
But I promise to do MGS2 and 3 before that, and it kinda bother me in a way. But I feel like I need to do it for the sake of understanding how I will enjoy MGS4 compared to the others.
Sigh...It's sometime hard to have a opinion for yourself without beign influenced by others while udnerstanding what you may like may end up being not great once you experience it for real.
Man, why MGS4 just couldn't be the final bang of the saga that everyone love? We wouldn't have so much problem with the story and the fanbase being so split of what to like or not. It's just so...needlessly complicate, just like the plot of this franchise in a sense...
Oh and, don't pay attention to me, I'm just a fan who is analyzing too much a story who have alot of problem to begin with, nothing new here then.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well, looks like one of the predictions I had concerning the Switch was correct. Look at this!

The Wii U version cancelled due to the Wii U not selling well, and now we finally get the confirmation that they're putting it on the Switch instead.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If I recall correctly, I think another reason why the Wii U version of Yooka-Laylee got cancelled may be performance related. It's always possible that the Wii U could not fully support Yooka-Laylee's features.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
If I recall correctly, I think another reason why the Wii U version of Yooka-Laylee got cancelled may be performance related. It's always possible that the Wii U could not fully support Yooka-Laylee's features.
Probably.

I think the main reason PlayTonic cancelled the Wii U version is because the Switch looks more promising to them.

But I'm not complaining. It's just more for me and my fiancee to enjoy over the summer.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
From what I heard, Playtonic said they were using the Wii U version as a base and then added buffs to the stronger consoles so that each console could get the same experience.

Of course we know that didn't happen.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I still don't believe it was performance issues. If they could port it to Xbox One, PS4, Windows, Mac and even Linux, then no, I can't believe they had trouble porting it to the Wii U.
It was a purely financial decision.

I'll pick it up on Steam myself, so it doesn't matter to me.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I still don't believe it was performance issues. If they could port it to Xbox One, PS4, Windows, Mac and even Linux, then no, I can't believe they had trouble porting it to the Wii U.
It was a purely financial decision.
Whatever the reason, I guess I'll have to hold off on Yooka-Laylee until the day I finally decide to pick up the Nintendo Switch. However, the amount of money that you need to spend does hurt, since I typically don't carry enough money to buy things that cost more than $200.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Whatever the reason, I guess I'll have to hold off on Yooka-Laylee until the day I finally decide to pick up the Nintendo Switch. However, the amount of money that you need to spend does hurt, since I typically don't carry enough money to buy things that cost more than $200.
I assume buying it on Steam isn't an option for you?

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
I personally won't be buying the Steam version mainly because my computer can't run it and also because it just feels right to have it on a Nintendo system, since 3D collectathons were at home on the N64. And preferably on a cartridge, considering it being the follow up to DK64 and the Banjo games. I know a physical release hasn't been confirmed for Switch yet but I'd be shocked if they didn't do one.

Anyway, my copy of Breath of the Wild is in transit right now which means I'm likely getting it a day before release... and won't be able to play it anyway. RIP.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I'm hyped. While I don't know if to get BotW yet, cautiously optimistic, Yooka-Laylee legit made me feel like a kid again when I watched some early footage of the game-play. Nostalgia is a beautiful dangerous thing.

Top Bottom