• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BREAKING THE LIMITS: Cloud Guide - SSBU

Guide BREAKING THE LIMITS: Cloud Guide - SSBU

Afro Ninja

Smash Rookie
Afro Ninja submitted a new resource:

BREAKING THE LIMITS: Cloud Guide - SSBU - An in-depth guide to Cloud Strife

INTRODUCTION

Cloud Strife is an interesting character. Making his first Smash Bros appearance in Smash 4 as paid DLC, he quickly rose to become a top tier character in both singles and doubles. As a result, he was nerfed coming into Smash Ultimate. However, don't let this stop you from playing him as he is still a useful character and is nowhere near bottom tier. This guide is written with knowledge from Smash 4 as well as...
Read more about this resource...

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
The one nerf I hate the most on Cloud is that dumb and unnecessary 15 second time limit on Cloud's Limit Break. We never got to see it lose automatically in the original game or in Smash 4. Nintendo took what made Cloud actually fun to play as and what made him top tier in Smash 4 and flushed that fun down the drain. Why are Nintendo such big party poopers when it comes to nerfing characters?!

Banjobeast158

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banjobeast158
The one nerf I hate the most on Cloud is that dumb and unnecessary 15 second time limit on Cloud's Limit Break. We never got to see it lose automatically in the original game or in Smash 4. Nintendo took what made Cloud actually fun to play as and what made him top tier in Smash 4 and flushed that fun down the drain. Why are Nintendo such big party poopers when it comes to nerfing characters?!
Well, I can see why they did it, but I also understand why it would feel unfair to nerf. He is still probably my favorite character to play! by the way that is a wonderful guide. I would like a video representation of some of those combos, but will try them out myself anyways. Other than that it is great!

Last edited:

NerFox

Smash Cadet
Be aware though that it might have been really unfun for other non-Cloud players in Smash 4 that he could save limit to cover one of his only real weaknesses. Cloud is, even while nerfed, still a good character.

Top Bottom