• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breaking the Habit and the perfect Wobble

Dark Lady

A Red Witch
Picked up Smash Melee again and decided to dispose of all my old mains (I sucked anyways, and wanted to get rid of bad playing rituals.)

Then I remembered that I could never get wobbling quite right in the old days and I loved the Ice Climber's ridiculous CG from my time on Brawl, so to the IC's board I went! And in the stickied amazing wobble guide, it merely said to press A rhythmically. Rhythmically? As a musician, this confuses me... What rhythm was I supposed to press at? I was sure when I got the flow of it, i'd figure it out. Surely enough I did, but the musician in me said: what is the exact timing? Can it be measured in BPM?

And guess what! It can! The Wobble infinite grab is eighth notes at 100bpm! Yay me! But listening to a metronome is soooo lame. So, I decided to look up a song that fits that rhythm.

Linkin Park's "Breaking the Habit"
Press along to the beat! I dare ya! You'll get a perfect wobble every time. :p

tl;dr
Linkin Park song song. Press to rhythm to wobble. GG.

Edit
I should also include a song list for anyone remotely interested. I finally did some browsing and there was like maybe one song or the BPM with a metronome linked. Your options aren't that limited. If you listen to music while you play, you can have a diverse song list to wobble to including, but CERTAINLY not limited to:

Rap
2 of America's most Wanted
Still Ballin

R&B
Ride Wit Me
I Need a Girl (Part 2)

Rock
Breaking the Habit
By Myself
Through the Fire and Flames

etc.

For a full list of Wobblable songs... good freaking luck. There is a crap ton, anything from 95-105 BPM songs fit the wobble. And their doubles, 190-210. But, here is a good spot to start:
http://www.bpmdatabase.com/search.p...&bpm=100&gid=&label=&year=&srt=artist&ord=asc

Dark Lady

A Red Witch
http://jog.fm/workout-songs?bpm=100

Here are more songs that work with this did this while playing with friends it is surprisingly helpful.

Glad it came in handy! Yeah, I wanted to link that too, but held back for whatever reason. I'm glad you did though. I hope more people find this to assist their wobble timings. I find it also helps against distraction as well with the music loud enough. :p

DrkRoxas

Smash Apprentice
This is a pretty interesting kind of help, a musician myself I haven't really tried to search for a song with the actual bpm used for wobbling, instead I just accelerated or slowed other songs.
This is great, thank you very much (:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
doesn't the dreamland theme work as well?

not only is it easy to play in my head

at a tournament you can also usually hear it somewhere in the room LOL!!

it might be slightly fast but when i'm playing on dreamland i usually never drop it hahaha

Dark Lady

A Red Witch
Can't you guys just keep time without a song? You don't have to be musical to keep a steady beat.
And throw away a free legit tool that makes it perfect every single time? D:

I actually now have Advanced Technique PLAYLISTS for some characters thanks to finding this out. I now get perfect wobbles, near frame-perfect waveshines, frame-perfect Falco shine dair shield pressure, AND, on top of all this, I get to listen to what I deem good music while playing! ^_^

Doesn't get much better than that, tbh. I really don't see how listening to a beat would hurt anyone... besides annoy you a bit, apparently. O_o

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
This just sounds like a placebo to me, that's all, and I don't like the spread of misinformation (if that is what this is). The Linkin Park thing was a joke, don't stress.

What music do you listen to for perfect waveshines and Falco shine-dair shield pressure?

Dark Lady

A Red Witch
This just sounds like a placebo to me, that's all, and I don't like the spread of misinformation (if that is what this is). The Linkin Park thing was a joke, don't stress.

What music do you listen to for perfect waveshines and Falco shine-dair shield pressure?

Shine must always be on beat. Anything at 80 or 160BPM fit the rhythm iirc.

"I'm Made of Wax Larry What Are You Made of" - A Day to Remember
"Everlong" the Foo Fighters
"Southtown" P.O.D

And a couple others I picked up looking up the BPM

Dark Lady

A Red Witch
Oh, and Grim, for waveshines I haven't found one for frame perfect, but I can cycle every 20 frames with a song that has either 90 or 180 BPM. The rhythm on that is LITERALLY 20 frames or 1/3 of a second.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
With over a decade of playing DDR I know the BPM to a bunch of songs. This one is one of my favorites of all time and it runs at a steady 196 BPM:

This one is another good one that runs at a perfect 200:

I <3 DDR

Construct

Smash Journeyman
The fact that F&F works is funny; that song'll always be somewhere in my head from my Guitar Hero days. Cool tips, thanks for the headsup

Top Bottom