• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breaking down the Ultimate Menu!

Galgatha

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SinChill
So, with this new direct, we have seen quiet a bit of the menu's in Smash Ultimate, so I figured why not start breaking down some interesting things that we have seen?

Pretty sure we are all well aware of the mystery mode in Green on the main menu, but what about all the sub-menues we briefly get to see throughout the Direct?

What sparked this is something I saw as I was slowly re-watching the direct. I am pretty sure it is under the "Advanced" option in the Rule set since the Advanced tab was yellow, and these tabs were slightly yellow in color.

Since I can't post imagines, I'll just post the video link and give the timestamps for what I am talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-kQWJrjRV4&t=1186s

Time stamp is 12:41. When they are talking about the stage morph option, pause it and take a look. We can see Stage Morph, Stage Hazard, Team Attack, Launch Rate, Custom Balance, and Pausing. Custom Balance really caught my eye because the little image for the tab is interesting and I have no clue what it could mean. It shows a stick figure either powered up or on fire. What do you guys think this could mean?

Also, at 16:31, when they are talking about toggling on or off the Final Smash Meter, we can see that the Random Stage Selection is back making it much easier to check stages on or off when playing random stage.

What have you guys noticed?

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
Here's the video and the screenshots (inside the spoiler):

temp1.png
temp2.png

Now that you mention it, yes the parameters in the first screenshot (Stage Morph, etc.) are inside the Advanced tab (the color aren't the same, but you can also see on the side bar that there are less parameters in the other screenshot).

Custom Balance sounds interesting but ambiguous as well. The FSMeter icon is a "powered up" but the custom balance icon doesn't. It looks like we would be able to change parameters to fighters, but I don't see a fully-functional character nerf/buff option. So, I think that it's rather something about Pokemon/Items damage modifier maybe, or FS Meter fill-speed. It can mean everything honestly.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
launch rates and damage handicaps are still separate options. They would have been my guess for "custom balance" but I guess not. Heard somebody suggest it's rage because the icon is a dude who's hurt and on fire. Maybe the ability to tweak or turn off rage. But Rage has it's own official name so I don't know why it'd be called "custom balance" unless it were packed in with more options, and all we see is an "off" setting by default. Probably not rage since rage is on by default.

Definitely a lot of options for tweaking rules in Versus mode. Can't wait to see more!

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
maybe it a way of sakurai to say if his balance is not good enough do it yourself :p

Top Bottom