• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Break the Targets High Scores

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpqU02tmUuY

LOL theres my ****ty fox btt run, from a long time ago. I can do it much better now but just haven't gotten around to being bored enough to record myself doing it yet.

Since that recording I've improved a lot in general like... not missing that l cancel on the up air LOL, and a smooth fast waveland on the platform unlike that ugly whatever you want to call I did in the recording ROFL. I also changed a few things in the run as to what I do to hit all of the targets from watching other peoples records, but I still haven't managed to be able to do the world record time run where you bounce off the fire block >_<.

Perhaps since this board was made I will record my btt with Fox again in the near future for the purpose of posting it in here XD. It would be cool to see the improvement by comparing the 2 videos lol.

Edit: LOL wow that video is about 9 months ago, I didn't even think it has been that long :x!

Edit again: x_x; I hope it's not terrible that I posted this in this topic LOL... I noticed there is another topic specifically saying to post your records in there, but I thought this one looked appropriate to do it in until I saw the other one.

Cort

Apple Head
> FluxWolf
That was a pretty good strategy for being a beginner/intermediate at BtT. However, the primary thing you were lacking in general is just being as smooth as possible. You want to dash as soon as you land, react as soon as targets are broken. You might also want to check out as many Fox videos online as you can to get a good idea of the different possible ways going about the stage.

> Terywj
I give you the same advice as I did to FluxWolf. Often times you were just standing there for quite too long before advancing to what you wanted to do next. Target Test in general eventually turns into muscle memory once you practice strategies enough times. Also, the Link stage is one of my favorites because of all the different ways you can manipulate the boomerang. With a little practice you could get 4 or 5.xx as your time with some well placed boomerangs.

Both of you guys should check out gamepro88's site. He came up with great strategies that you guys should be able to start using right away.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/begandinterbtt/

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
is zampa and marth1's time the fastest possible? and are there videos of them?

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Cort - Thanks for the advice. I'm sure you will like the changes that I've made after 9 months LOL, I'll try to find a time to record for a day and see what I come up with.

Tinister

Smash Cadet
13.40 - Dr Mario
8.72- Mario
4.01 - Luigi
8.70 - Bowser
10.28 - Peach
8.30 - Yoshi
9.21 - Donkey Kong
7.95 - Captain Falcon
5.11 - Ganondorf
6.06 - Falco
7.28 - Fox
13.72 - Ness
11.83 - Ice Climbers
12.13 - Kirby
8.52 - Samus
6.58 - Zelda
3.63 - Link
5.25 - Young Link
5.73 - Pichu
7.65 - Pikachu
8.10 - Jigglypuff
4.93 - Mewtwo
3.01 - Mr. Game & Watch
9.05 - Marth
6.28 - Roy

3:15.48 - Total

Cort

Apple Head
DK and Falcon are the easiest to improve. I'm surprised, haven't you not posted your scores since... forever? Your total was frozen at 3:15.48 or something for years.

..such is the mystery of Tinister.

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
flux, if you are just a little faster you can exchange the order of targets 9 and 10 in that run, and will be almost a second faster.

andrewg

Smash Apprentice
Err... I can't improve my zelda time. I got 7.45 as my best. Can anyone tell me where I should fastfall, shorthop, get running starts off of platforms, and how to hit the 8th target correctly most of all. (The one that is a forwards air.)

I'm going to watch the world record a few more times, but I'd still like advice of how to get faster.

Also, is there any wavedashing involved?

EDIT: 7.38 (hitting the first target in front of sheik at the beginning)

LinksDarkArrows

Smash Rookie
Sheik junk >

1-2: Double jump up the right side of the Trifoce and wall jump off it. Delay your up A attack just a little bit so you can hit the targets from top to bottom. If you timed this right, they will both be weak hits.

3: Fast fall ASAP and needle cancel to the left right as you get on to the starting platform.

4: Quick double jump left. (Not too fast) Use a needle at the peak of your jump. The easiest way to aim for this target is to jump to the spot where the bottom two Triforce pieces connect in the middle.

5: Fast fall ASAP, needle to the right and hit the left of the two low targets. Land a bit to the left to make the short hop for 6 easier.

6: Dash right and short hop IMMEDIATELY. Needle whenever you wish. It honestly doesn't make that much of a difference here.

7: Jump from the tiny fall-through platform and hold right as much as you can. Needle right before you land on the main platform.

8-10. Dash jump and forward A target 8. Double jump and needle the target on the far right. (The Triforce center trick will work here, too) Keep mashing A as you fall and hope it comes out before you reach the target.

I hope this helped.

Note: If you wish to increase your success rate on target 8, "sweep" your finger across the X and A buttons as you jump. I feel that a lot of people waste time by trying to press them both while lifting their finger. If you don't quite understand the term sweep, think of it as rubbing your controller- only during this "rub" you're rubbing from X to A. I don't think it matters where you do your sweep, but I do mine at the bottom parts of the buttons so I don't have much in my way. ;)

andrewg

Smash Apprentice
Sheik junk >

1-2: Double jump up the right side of the Trifoce and wall jump off it. Delay your up A attack just a little bit so you can hit the targets from top to bottom. If you timed this right, they will both be weak hits.

3: Fast fall ASAP and needle cancel to the left right as you get on to the starting platform.

4: Quick double jump left. (Not too fast) Use a needle at the peak of your jump. The easiest way to aim for this target is to jump to the spot where the bottom two Triforce pieces connect in the middle.

5: Fast fall ASAP, needle to the right and hit the left of the two low targets. Land a bit to the left to make the short hop for 6 easier.

6: Dash right and short hop IMMEDIATELY. Needle whenever you wish. It honestly doesn't make that much of a difference here.

7: Jump from the tiny fall-through platform and hold right as much as you can. Needle right before you land on the main platform.

8-10. Dash jump and forward A target 8. Double jump and needle the target on the far right. (The Triforce center trick will work here, too) Keep mashing A as you fall and hope it comes out before you reach the target.

I hope this helped.

Note: If you wish to increase your success rate on target 8, "sweep" your finger across the X and A buttons as you jump. I feel that a lot of people waste time by trying to press them both while lifting their finger. If you don't quite understand the term sweep, think of it as rubbing your controller- only during this "rub" you're rubbing from X to A. I don't think it matters where you do your sweep, but I do mine at the bottom parts of the buttons so I don't have much in my way. ;)
Thanks you. Now I have a few questions:
On # 4, should I dash left and then do a double jump? That is, does it matter whether I do a dash or not?

On # 5, I haven't had success with fastfalling after doing the needle to target # 4 and then be able to hit the # 5 target. Should I just hit the stick diagonally down and to the left? I feel like I have no time to execute a fastfall.

On # 6, even when I get the dash and the shorthop I always miss the target, I think I'm in the wrong location.

On # 7, I've noticed I'm in the air too high while needling, I'll change that.

On # 8, for now I'm generally hitting this target first with my "A" attack at the beginning, I'll change that eventually.

I have a favor to ask to any very good Btt players. I'd like to know how fast someone can complete zelda/sheik's btt, but hitting target # 8 first by pressing "A" at the very beginning.

EDIT: Now 7.05 thanks to LDA's # 5 advice to land to the left after target hitting target # 4.

EDIT: 6.88 :) (this is by hitting the first target pressing "A" at the beginning.

LinksDarkArrows

Smash Rookie
The dash on target 4 is necessary for speeddy runs.

Fast falling for target 5 has always been... different. I never quite memorized the fast fall point myself, but tapping down on the control stick after the needle seems to get it. (once for no reason and again for a fast fall)

6. Again. Just land a little bit to the left. ;)

I haven't tested the run much, but I'm more than sure it can get 6.5x so long as the whole run is smooth.

Allow me to get off topic a bit. You're the Super Mario Bros. 1 guru guy? O_o Your runs are amazing.

andrewg

Smash Apprentice
The dash on target 4 is necessary for speeddy runs.

Fast falling for target 5 has always been... different. I never quite memorized the fast fall point myself, but tapping down on the control stick after the needle seems to get it. (once for no reason and again for a fast fall)

6. Again. Just land a little bit to the left. ;)

I haven't tested the run much, but I'm more than sure it can get 6.5x so long as the whole run is smooth.

Allow me to get off topic a bit. You're the Super Mario Bros. 1 guru guy? O_o Your runs are amazing.

Yeah, I practiced those runs for a long time and finally got good times. I don't think I'll ever improve my smb1 run though.

I just decided I'd play some ssbm since I recently bought a gamecube and am borrowing the ssbm disc from Mattdotzeb (smasher).

Well, I'll keep trying to improve my sheik run. I'll probably ask again about very detailed things soon.

EDIT: I think I'm going to make a new topic just about sheik btt.

andrewg

Smash Apprentice
hmm, today was pretty interesting.

sheik - 6.78 to 6.57 now.

6.57! (Must have managed that dash directly after using the first needle) :)

Less than half a second away! lol

LDA, what's your best time for sheik?

Bailey

Smash Hero
Can someone give me a run through of Roy's?

Right now my record is 8.45 but I know I can improve that I mainly have trouble with Targets 5-10 lol.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Can someone give me a run through of Roy's?

Right now my record is 8.45 but I know I can improve that I mainly have trouble with Targets 5-10 lol.
Dash jump Fair, fastfall, rejump Fair, fastfall (don't hit the bumper), Fair, up-B.
Try to get weak Fairs if you can. They have less hitbox lag so you can get a better time.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Yea that was the way I was trying it. My fastest now is 8.15 lol.

What is the run through of that strat to make sure I am doing it right?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I wouldn't do the flipper slipoff strat until you can at least get sub-7 with the old one. The vid is on smashvrs.com.

andrewg

Smash Apprentice
Alright, my sheik time has stalled at 6.55. I just cannot pull off any better. I'd like to get under 6.3 though.

Mortecain

Smash Rookie
Jeez,

Some of these times are really fast. Saw the Roy time and almost had a heart atack, I thought my best of 9.42 was fast lol. Any tips on how to go any faster, Im new to all of this so some of the lingo I might not understand.....

Cort

Apple Head
Check out videos on youtube. Practice easy versions of strategies for hours and work your way up.

Leech

Smash Journeyman
I suck at this.. how do you people get like 15 seconds and below an these... i cant even get 15 on one..

Top Bottom