• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brazilian Tier List

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
His shield sucks, though. Having no OoS options really hurts.

Like I said before, I can actually picture Yoshi being better than everyone below him. Except Luigi. Something is wrong here if Luigi is that low...

:069:
I am pleased with Yoshi's placement. Except for him being over Luigi, I think Luigi should be top of mid tier with Yoshi under. =/

Polter, Yoshi wouldn't even have a very good OoS game even if he could jump out of it. It'd just be a bit easier to run away, lol. We also have the slide of the egg shield to make up for it.

TheMike

Smash Lord

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
You're right. Some of the stuff Zero does is quite unthinkable, but not in the way that you mean...

Tikun, based on those videos I can definitely see some room for improvement. If you see him anytime soon, can you give him this advice?

1. Try playing without Tap Jump. He doesn't need to, but it helps a lot with recovery and ECE (he'll know what ECE is). If he still wants Tap Jump, tell him that he should consider using DR since it's easier to do with Tap Jump on.
2. Use tilts and Egg Lay more (especially Dragonic Egg Lay). He seems to be neglecting these moves, which is a shame because they are some of the best in Yoshi's arsenal. He was getting repetitive in the matches, and that's not good for an opponent who is good at predicting.
3. I'm not sure if he was just mistaken in those matches, but he needs to DI better. Horizontal knockback is not good for Yoshi at all, because it makes his recovery extremely predictable. He also needs to momentum cancel with u-air -> fast-fall -> double-jump; he's not doing anything of the sort.
4. Follow up more on chain-grabs. It's always better to up-smash Meta Knight out of a release than it is to f-throw him. Up-smash does more damage and sets up Meta Knight better.

I believe I would see a major improvement in Zero's game if he follows my advice. He's not obliged to, of course.

I'll make sure that this post reach him :)
Don't know if he knows to speak english but probably he'll be pleased with your advices.
Hope ppl on pit bards could do the same =T

:)

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like lucas' placement.
that's all i have to say, really. :D

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
For people saying Ganon is slow, inviable, laggy and stuff, go take a look around Ganon's meta game.

For people talking about Zero's play style, take in account that some Yoshi stuff he doesn't use is his personal preference, not lack of knowledge.

For people talking about BR players being bad, go take on some of them. When you win, then you can scam.

This tier was made with elite-only people and others with good knowledge about the game, not public-open. Besides, our Match-Up Chart is still in progress, thus having incorrect information and lacking some more specific stuff in the Tier. When we're done with MU Discussing, another tier will be made for sure and then we'll really show how's the scenario around here.

If you want to check out BR's level, then take a trip here. Housing is easy to get and people are friendly. Ask Affinity if you want.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
just because ganon can be played well doesn't make him any less of a bad character.
ganon main's work with what they got, which isn't much.

TheMike

Smash Lord
lol Bahamut, nobody said that the BRs are bad. People were only giving advice for the videos posted.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Hope you're wrong, Bahamut.

By the way guys, a small video showing things happened this year in Brazil.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37yHyB2DR4M

I'll translate(and explain what happened in) some parts:

00:00(picture): Brazilian Smash 2009
01:19: Now, the epic momments...
01:30: and funny...(didn´t get what that guys was saying lol)
02:01: I believe in Bent, repeat
02:05: Talking about him(Bent)
02:38: Please, tell me what´s the power level of the... princess. It's over 8000!
02:48: Marcus(Mc$³³), son of a bit**... homosexual
03:05: More MKs, repeat
03:14: Misty Cabelo(n64 top player)
03:30 Chaud(left) chaing grabbed Kovarish(right) as Marth on Rainbow Cruise. It was Grand Finals of a tournament.
04:40 was Kovarish winning Evo South America/Anime Friends
04:23 i didn´t get what was said
Then it was only credits.

xDD

Kirby Yellow

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5215-0158-8673
You're right. Some of the stuff Zero does is quite unthinkable, but not in the way that you mean...

Tikun, based on those videos I can definitely see some room for improvement. If you see him anytime soon, can you give him this advice?

1. Try playing without Tap Jump. He doesn't need to, but it helps a lot with recovery and ECE (he'll know what ECE is). If he still wants Tap Jump, tell him that he should consider using DR since it's easier to do with Tap Jump on.
2. Use tilts and Egg Lay more (especially Dragonic Egg Lay). He seems to be neglecting these moves, which is a shame because they are some of the best in Yoshi's arsenal. He was getting repetitive in the matches, and that's not good for an opponent who is good at predicting.
3. I'm not sure if he was just mistaken in those matches, but he needs to DI better. Horizontal knockback is not good for Yoshi at all, because it makes his recovery extremely predictable. He also needs to momentum cancel with u-air -> fast-fall -> double-jump; he's not doing anything of the sort.
4. Follow up more on chain-grabs. It's always better to up-smash Meta Knight out of a release than it is to f-throw him. Up-smash does more damage and sets up Meta Knight better.

I believe I would see a major improvement in Zero's game if he follows my advice. He's not obliged to, of course.

Zero asks someone to post this:

1.Egg lay eu estou praticando. He is practising
2.Usar tilt é pra Snake players. Using tilts is for Snake players
3.Uair momentum canceling...ok...
4.O Bobesco estava conseguindo escapar do set-up Grab release + Upsmash usando Dair. Bobesco(the guy with was playing against him) was escaping for the set-up Grab release + Upsmash using Dair

And Ozz.: Stop with this. You never play with a good brazilian Diddy Kong. Don't say things that you don't know. Man, search for Banze or Bent on you tube, and you will find good Brazilian Diddy Kong players. And Mike is learning fast, he will be(I hope) a very good Diddy.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Actually, Diddy was getting a place in the Top Tier. Dunno why he fell.
The only character above him that doens't deserve that place is Dedede when looking at Brazil's smash scene + metagame developed here.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
1.Egg lay eu estou praticando. He is practising
Good to hear. It really is a good move. =)

2.Usar tilt é pra Snake players. Using tilts is for Snake players
That's fine and all, but he shouldn't use it for only Snake. Yoshi's tilts are good for almost every character, really. :ohwell:

3.Uair momentum canceling...ok...
He understands what I mean, right? I'm not sure if the term is the same in Brazil...

In any case, it is extremely vital that he does this. Yoshi is certainly one of the best momentum cancelers in the game with his heavy weight and high air speed. Yoshi should be constantly living to high percentages.

4.O Bobesco estava conseguindo escapar do set-up Grab release + Upsmash usando Dair. Bobesco(the guy with was playing against him) was escaping for the set-up Grab release + Upsmash using Dair
That... shouldn't be happening. Given the right amount of room, an up-smash is always guaranteed on Meta Knight. :confused:

Glad to see he's listening to my advice, though. ^_^

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Uh... Snake isn't the only character that can use tilts, and I'm pretty sure he knows this. ._.

:069: *uses Lock On on Meowth*

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
OK, whatever floats his boat. It's only advice, after all.

:069: *screws the rules and uses Lock On and DynamicPunch in the same turn on Persian*

Djudjo

Smash Cadet
I think it's a joke and he's basically saying "**** tilts". ;p

:053:
Nice translation 8D

Well, as I said, Peach will get higher place next time, other Peach players are showing up and getting results (good ones sometimes). Just wait for the v 2.0 ^^

Heavy Metal KiLLeR

Smash Cadet
Hope you're wrong, Bahamut.

By the way guys, a small video showing things happened this year in Brazil.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37yHyB2DR4M

I'll translate(and explain what happened in) some parts:

00:00(picture): Brazilian Smash 2009
01:19: Now, the epic momments...
01:30: and funny...(didn´t get what that guys was saying lol)
02:01: I believe in Bent, repeat
02:05: Talking about him(Bent)
02:38: Please, tell me what´s the power level of the... princess. It's over 8000!
02:48: Marcus(Mc$³³), son of a bit**... homosexual
03:05: More MKs, repeat
03:14: Misty Cabelo(n64 top player)
03:30 Chaud(left) chaing grabbed Kovarish(right) as Marth on Rainbow Cruise. It was Grand Finals of a tournament.
04:40 was Kovarish winning Evo South America/Anime Friends
04:23 i didn´t get what was said
Then it was only credits.

xDD
HEY!
Hey Mike, that's my video give me the credits man HUAhuAhuauh

This is Tier List v1.0 and is pretty good for it. Nobody is perfect (only Chuck Norris and Meta Knight) so there is some mistakes. But check out our gameplay and our tourny results, join our forum (http://s8.zetaboards.com/1UP_Smash_Board/site/) and you will understand and love us. I'm sure :heart:

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
You should come to brazil and show us that he is not that bad.
As mike said, place for being isn't a problem. Ppl in brazil are quite receptive.

:)

Top Bottom