• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl's Chronicle Feature

smash puffle

Smash Ace
In Smash Bros. Brawl, there was a Chronicle feature that let you check almost all the games published by Nintendo at that point, from all different platforms.
If it was to come back in Ultimate, it would be so cool not just to of course update it to November of 2018, but to also include at least some games from the 3rd party series that are represented in the game.
I don't know if it can happen, but it could be really cool.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I had totally forgotten about that. Suddenly I'm wondering how many other things in Smash that I've never noticed because I was too busy playing competitiveish.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Didn't you have to unlock most of the entries by completing obscure tasks? The Chronicle was very bizarre...

Maybe it can return but be organized to focus on each series represented in Smash. Possibly including some screenshots, plot and release details, and trivia for each entry. But what use is it in enhancing your enjoyment of Smash Bros.? It sounds like the sort of thing that would be in a compilation disc of remastered games. The Switch doesn't even have its own virtual console, so there's no need to advertise these classic games when you're not selling them. I'm also expecting Masterpieces won't return for that same reason.

Top Bottom