• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlin In The Beach (Palm Beach Gardens, Florida) June 12th, 2010

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Date: Saturday, June 12th, 2010

Play-N-Trade in Legacy Plaza
11290 Legacy Avenue
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418 - (561) 804-7683
(Right across Men's Wearhouse and Moe's)

(You can also call 561-222-5110 for more information)

Door fee is dropped to being FREE
Singles is $5
Doubles is $5 (per person)

Schedule:

12:00n-1:00p Registration and Friendlies

1:00p-3:00p Brawl Doubles

3:00p-4:00p Friendlies/ Practice

4:00p-Whenever Brawl Singles

*(May go quicker if their is room to make our time in the room quicker)

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Team attack is set to "on"

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide claw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. This applies to other suicide moves, (Ganondorf) the win goes towards the initiator and the sudden death is ignored.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Complaints about stalling should be dealt with as follows:
*Pause the game and contact a TO.
*The TO will monitor the rest of the match.
*At the conclusion of the match the game will be saved and the TO will watch the replay to make a decision.
*Should a replay be unavailable, the TO will make a decision based on all available knowledge of the incident.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. A Random neutral is chosen for the first match, unless opponents either agree on a neutral or decide to use stage striking.
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Issues or disputes which arise that are not covered by the rules and procedures already posted should be brought to the TOs for arbitration. The TOs joint decisions are final.

Stages:

Neutrals
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

Who is coming?:

1. SSGUY/ROCK
2. Afro Thundah
3. NickRiddle?
4. DFEAR
5. MnM
6. ESAM?
7. Aglow
8. daniel-zaman?
9. Masky
10. gallax
11. radix
12. -!-
13. Viper and The SwampNigas
14. Xaltis
15. The Joey
16. LadyLegion
17. 8Bitman
18. bunnyma
19. catma
21. (How bout it? Would you like to enter? Your name can be right here.)

Everything is subject to change based on feedback from you guys.

(Bringing extra Wii's and possible HD cables would be helpful)

email either: "MitchellofJup@aol.com" or "ThePianoMan132@yahoo.com" for more information and a way to rsvp in advance.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I am deciding the place currently and hoping to move it down more to Palm Beach Gardens.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
SSG.. it's your first tourney. I have no choice but to attempt to help you out. I'm going to come to your tournament. And i'm going to degrade you and take first place.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
SSG.. it's your first tourney. I have no choice but to attempt to help you out. I'm going to come to your tournament. And i'm going to degrade you and take first place.
LOL awesome. I love confidence! I still need to make sure everything is official though. I'll let you know and see if you can bring others. It would be nice to make a big pot.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Yo bro if this is ANYWHERE near where i live, i'll help you host as well. PM me with whats goin on i live in Palm Beach Gardens...what PnT you talkin about?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Yo bro if this is ANYWHERE near where i live, i'll help you host as well. PM me with whats goin on i live in Palm Beach Gardens...what PnT you talkin about?
We want to host it on the one near The Garden's Mall and PBCC. We are still hearing word if it is going to be official or not but most likely, the employee's have been looking for a tournament for a long time.

I just hope their manager agrees to do this. If not, then I can always find a new place.

Thanks for offering to help. I'll tell you what I need next.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
yeah, I believe PnT use HD cables and even with that many TV's many people would be willing to bring their setups. (TV's Wii's Controller, etc)

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
LOL awesome. I love confidence! I still need to make sure everything is official though. I'll let you know and see if you can bring others. It would be nice to make a big pot.
Well, you know i'd bring my crew the SwampNigas if i was coming. There's about 7 of us.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Just got official word. This tournament is officially OFFICIAL! Send out the hype!

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
if you mean by "Money Matches" then sure. of course, they will have to be during our friendlies and practice time. not during the actual singles or double matches

Money matches are actually some of my favorites to watch.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
if you mean by "Money Matches" then sure. of course, they will have to be during our friendlies and practice time. not during the actual singles or double matches

Money matches are actually some of my favorites to watch.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
****, if only Peach game was a bit better i would be down for a money match. I need to kick up my A-game. NickRiddle, you should go man. Alot of people say my ZSS is better than my other mains, so i'd like to get some tips from you. It'd be really cool.

-Mink

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I never really saw you play as ZSS. Are you willing to use her in the Fall Brawl?

AfroQT

Smash Master
I'll be at this for sure.
SSG update the thread title to include the date!!!

ALSO Tell PnT to print up some fliers and post them around the PnT so random nerds will come! I'll go talk to them about it later today just to make sure.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I'll be at this for sure.
SSG update the thread title to include the date!!!

ALSO Tell PnT to print up some fliers and post them around the PnT so random nerds will come! I'll go talk to them about it later today just to make sure.
I already have a flyer to give them. Me and my partner will put them up in areas across the north part of the county. (Gamestops, PnT's, F.Y.E, etc)

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I never really saw you play as ZSS. Are you willing to use her in the Fall Brawl?
Yeah no doubt. Me and my ladies are gettin' alot better. Most of the SwampNigas say that my ZSS is better than my Jigglypuff and my Peach. I'm trying to use my Peach for different match-ups... but, i'll use ZSS. I like using Jigglypuff at FGCU tourney's, because theres just a bunch of scrubs who don't know how to jump when a roll is coming at you.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I have some heart breaking news. There will be no money matches at the main tournament site. They will have to be done someplace else. PnT will not want to deal with customer's complaining with what they would see as "gambling."

However, good news is that the door fee itself has been dropped. PnT will happily take us in without charging us. (fee for both singles and doubles will remain the same though) We have around 50% of the store so we cannot bring large amounts of TV's. They have all the TV's we need and can supply HD cables to fix the lagging concerns.
(It would help if we did have extra HD cables however.) If you want to save replays or not worry about entering your "tag" into another system then bring your own Wii.

Mink-
Sorry buddy. I can not gurantee a place to crash. Hopefully you find some where though.

ElChubaNebre

Smash Apprentice
YEah, agreed.
No one's going to drive 3 hours for a tourney, and then stay there for 6 hours, then drive home for another 3 hours. **** that.
u will not believe what sfl will do for smash.

look at mlg...look at winterfest...look at wato...look at nll

6 hour drive

12hr+ of smash

and its ALL GRAVY BRO

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
YEah, agreed.
No one's going to drive 3 hours for a tourney, and then stay there for 6 hours, then drive home for another 3 hours. **** that.
I will do everything in my power to find a place to stay for this tournament. But I cannot guarantee a place at the moment. I will let you know if I have any luck finding a place for you and the crew to crash.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
The rules I have in place seem to be close to MLG's. I got most of the information from a college buddy when he had a tournament earlier last month. Get some other big name smashers to post on this fourm if they are coming or not. I would like to get a good idea on who is coming so I can plan on either increasing or shrinking the space in PnT for our needs.

Top Bottom