• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlEX Thread [Brawl with 80+ characters]

fluffypikach1188

Smash Rookie
Your best bet would be to start over, adding clones to BrawlEx is a fairly taxing process. You probably messed up somewhere along the line.
yeah starting over seems to have done the trick. game doesnt crash a ton like it used to but its got a fair amount of crashes every 10-15 games.
is there a way to reduce crashing other than taking out character skins and stages?

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
yeah starting over seems to have done the trick. game doesnt crash a ton like it used to but its got a fair amount of crashes every 10-15 games.
is there a way to reduce crashing other than taking out character skins and stages?
It all depends on when and where crashing takes place. A good idea would be to remove everything from your SD card and format it, then paste everything back onto the card. If freezes still occur, some files within your SD card might be causing some freezes.

SlicR77

Smash Rookie
I need help! I put all the necessary files from the brawl pack I downloaded and every time I load the hack with riivolution and go to the character select screen, its completely empty. Help plzz!

JeffsMov

Smash Journeyman
I need help! I put all the necessary files from the brawl pack I downloaded and every time I load the hack with riivolution and go to the character select screen, its completely empty. Help plzz!
I'm sorry to tell you, but BrawlEx don't work with riivolution, you need to use GeckOS (For both, Dolphin and a real wii)

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
What if I still felt the need to replace some characters, can I also replace the sfx file? For example if I wanted to put Blaze over Bowser i wanna have her voice

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
I have a few problems if someone could help
1. I put the Dark Link fix and it still freezes when I pick a stage, same problem with Goku.
2. When I even hover over the alloys on the CSS after 5 seconds the game freezes

JeffsMov

Smash Journeyman
I have a few problems if someone could help
1. I put the Dark Link fix and it still freezes when I pick a stage, same problem with Goku.
2. When I even hover over the alloys on the CSS after 5 seconds the game freezes
Well... the first problem happens if:
1.- You don't have the enough files, such as (Scott is the name's character) "FitScottMotionEtc" "FitScott" etc.
2.- You might not be using the correct module for the character, like using "Shadow Over Wario" mod, but you are using the Exfile and module of Lucario and the game just freeze.

The second one have happened to me while I tried to use some Capitan Falcon mods but using the files of Mario, and didn't work unit I changed the file Capitan Falcon's files.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Well... the first problem happens if:
1.- You don't have the enough files, such as (Scott is the name's character) "FitScottMotionEtc" "FitScott" etc.
2.- You might not be using the correct module for the character, like using "Shadow Over Wario" mod, but you are using the Exfile and module of Lucario and the game just freeze.

The second one have happened to me while I tried to use some Capitan Falcon mods but using the files of Mario, and didn't work unit I changed the file Capitan Falcon's files.
Well. I figured out my first problem. I replaced the whole dark link folder instead of putting in the necessary files!
I dont understand why Goku didn't work. Ive played against him as a computer.. Unless its the stage thats the problem in which case its Congo Jungle that doesn't work..

And what exactly do you recommend I do for the second problem?

JeffsMov

Smash Journeyman
Well. I figured out my first problem. I replaced the whole dark link folder instead of putting in the necessary files!
I dont understand why Goku didn't work. Ive played against him as a computer.. Unless its the stage thats the problem in which case its Congo Jungle that doesn't work..

And what exactly do you recommend I do for the second problem?
I don't have any idea about that, never tried to use the alloys, but maybe try with doble checking the files.

Now, about Congue Island I do know why it might not know. You might tried to put it over a stage that is not compatible with your mod and the game just freeze.

To fix that, I use vbrawl final destination's .rel files (module), change it the name to the module and check,if there is any error with brawl manager (stage).

This way add counge island over 75m

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
I don't have any idea about that, never tried to use the alloys, but maybe try with doble checking the files.

Now, about Congue Island I do know why it might not know. You might tried to put it over a stage that is not compatible with your mod and the game just freeze.

To fix that, I use vbrawl final destination's .rel files (module), change it the name to the module and check,if there is any error with brawl manager (stage).

This way add counge island over 75m
You know I think it's completely random that the freezing occurs. Because after my last reply I tried going over the alloys in the CSS and nothing happened and I even played as them.
And I think the freezing when using Goku and picking Congo Jungle is also random. Hopefully freezing will happen less and less but oh well! Thanks for the tips!

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Do you know where the extra characters files are in the common 5? I wanna replace some of the CSIs and CSPs

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Do you guys know where I can find this BrawlEX? I can't find it anywhere..

Quillion

Smash Hero
Do you guys know where I can find this BrawlEX? I can't find it anywhere..
I think that's Nebulon's latest hack pack (which is in the BrawlEX thread on KCMM). Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be available since whenever I follow the link to it, it's just not there to download.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
I think that's Nebulon's latest hack pack (which is in the BrawlEX thread on KCMM). Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be available since whenever I follow the link to it, it's just not there to download.
I messaged him and this is what he said, Aha, that isn't real, it's a mock up Phantom Wings did to show off Brawl EX's capabilities.

PKV

Smash Rookie
I'm having a problem that may be simple to fix. I've set up Dolphin to load GeckOS. Everything works fine with that.. When I load GeckoOS I can run Project M from there. I've also downloaded Pikezer's Brawlex v4.4.1 from the KC-MM fourms. Once downloaded, I now have a folder named "4.4.1". My question is; What do I do with this folder. I've read that you need to add the folder to the root of your SD.raw file. I created a 2gb SD.raw file, but the problem is that the 4.4.1 folder is too large to fit into the SD.raw file. Is this the proper method used in getting Brawlex to work? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
--PKV

OmegaPyron

Smash Cadet
What is the easiest/quickest way to change CSP's on Nebulon's Brawl 4 All?

For P:M, the files are located in pf/system/common5.pac/sc_selharacter_en/char_bust_tex_Iz77/MiscData[X]
and load properly when replaced with Brawlbox. In this build, all the Csps found in the common5.pac are Brawl's default and don't match. Replacing them has no effect!

I found the correct csp's is in pf/menu/common/char_bust_tex/MenSelchrFaceBXXX.brres, but if I replace them, the game glitches going from Homebrew to Gecko.
As advised from http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67591.0 and the videos,
I tried LZ77 Extended Compressing the MenSelchrFaceBXXX.brres and converting the images to CMPR, but the game still glitches.

marthlowellx

Smash Rookie
one of my friends had told me that smash bros infinite works on hackless Wii/Wii U's, but when I downloaded it and put the files into the root of my 2gb sd card, and put it into my wii u, started brawl, went to stage builder, and all that it showed was 0 stages and no loading screen like project m/ brawl minus would. did he lie to me? or did I do the process wrong?

DreamcastBoy99

Smash Cadet
NNID
DreamcastBoy99
3DS FC
1220-8501-2461
I haven't managed to get brawlex to run.
I just get a glitched stage select screen

DreamcastBoy99

Smash Cadet
NNID
DreamcastBoy99
3DS FC
1220-8501-2461
i also tried to use the codeset from your pack but all it does after it loads is give me a black screen

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
Alright, so I'm trying to use this in PM 3.6 (using this and this )
and everything seems to work fine (loading the game, the CSS, etc.) until I get into a stage, where it crashes after the character's entry/when the announcer says "GO!" ( pic ). The regular characters load fine so I know it's something to do with my clone, but what could it be? I checked the config utility and the only file I'm missing seems to be 'FitCharacterNameFake.pac', but I can't seem to find that type of file on any character/anywhere.

Last edited:

Yoshi 2410

Smash Cadet
I have a problem. Every time i end a battle with Pit or with a Pit clone (Waluigi,for example) the game just crashes. With other clones it works perfectly fine.

Last edited:

mbagwu

Smash Rookie
Guys could you tell me how I can run pikezers pack it has no rsbe01 code so idk how to process it in the codes section besides that I downloaded all the files

Scribe

Sing, sing for ourselves alone.
Writing Team
NNID
KipShades
3DS FC
5241-1937-7022
Alright, so I'm trying to use this in PM 3.6 (using this and this )
and everything seems to work fine (loading the game, the CSS, etc.) until I get into a stage, where it crashes after the character's entry/when the announcer says "GO!" ( pic ). The regular characters load fine so I know it's something to do with my clone, but what could it be? I checked the config utility and the only file I'm missing seems to be 'FitCharacterNameFake.pac', but I can't seem to find that type of file on any character/anywhere.
Project M and BrawlEX are known for having compatibility issues. There are a few projects, like PMXP and PM Unbound, that aim to provide cross-compatibility with BrawlEX and PM.

Speaking of PMXP, the devs have mentioned that they plan on using BrawlEX to create extra alt costumes for characters through clones. I wanna do this for my custom Brawl Minus build, so how exactly would I accomplish this? I've been told that I can add costumes with the Config tool, but that's it.

TeddyRoseKidd

Smash Cadet
Im the dev at minus who manages all the BrawlEx stuff. Everything regarding the clone engine is already setup (in the latest version).

the only thing you need to do is use my tool to open the PF folder for minus, add the clone that tails goes over, change the clone name to "Tails", put all fighter files for the clone from the brawl disc into a folder. Then use the mass renamer to select the folder you put those files in and rename all the fighter files to "Tails", then edit your module file's section[8] to use the slot your clone is in. Last but not least, add the folder (which you should name "Tails") to the pf/fighter/ directory

Then the last thing you have to do is edit the CSS code to add tails to the roster, which im going to assume you already know how to do. If not, i have a rather old tutorial on the clone engine that used our MAX release as an example and included editing the CSS code. But most everything else in that video has changed since we removed the conflcting codes
Hey do you have a new link to download the brawl clone tool

Torrent14

Smash Rookie
So I'm using dolphin 4.0.2 and I figured out everything except for I can see in the log in dolphin that "open failed" for each file needed for the actual mod. I'm using gecko, installed IOS 36, a 2gb virtual SD card. But Im struggling to figure out what could be causing it to not be read considering as far as I understand this is everything needed and the files come directly from the download ready to work

DrPyspy

Smash Rookie
I seem to be having a problem with my BrawlEx, here is my situation:
  • I am playing on a Wii U using the Wii Menu.
  • The only mods I have on my SD card are all the BrawlEX files for a new character, a new stage, and a Mario PSA (unrelated to the BrawlEX character.) My SD card contains no other mods.
  • I am using a 1.83 GB SD card.
  • All the codes are in place for BrawlEX to function, and there are no conflicting codes.
After I start the game through the Project M Launcher (I use the PM launcher because the GeckoOS launcher intimidates me), it freezes shortly after the strap screen comes up. I can quickly skip through the strap screen and the ESRB screen, but it only ends up freezing at the loading screen when it would've frozen at the strap screen. I cannot find anything relating to this error, so I am at a loss. Is there anyone who has experienced this problem, and/or knows how to solve it?

LiveWire-93

Smash Cadet
I seem to be having a problem with my BrawlEx, here is my situation:
  • I am playing on a Wii U using the Wii Menu.
  • The only mods I have on my SD card are all the BrawlEX files for a new character, a new stage, and a Mario PSA (unrelated to the BrawlEX character.) My SD card contains no other mods.
  • I am using a 1.83 GB SD card.
  • All the codes are in place for BrawlEX to function, and there are no conflicting codes.
After I start the game through the Project M Launcher (I use the PM launcher because the GeckoOS launcher intimidates me), it freezes shortly after the strap screen comes up. I can quickly skip through the strap screen and the ESRB screen, but it only ends up freezing at the loading screen when it would've frozen at the strap screen. I cannot find anything relating to this error, so I am at a loss. Is there anyone who has experienced this problem, and/or knows how to solve it?
I'm having the same exact problem and sadly no I don't know how to fix this. I'm using HB on my wii but the the same thing occurs, it freezes right before the intro.

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
I can't get my BrawlEx roster to work. I have tried Riivolution and GeckoOS with the codes but it ain't running. Please help!

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
I have a question about this. I have downloaded this and a BrawlEx pack. How do I install this and what program do I use for it? I am trying to make a project with this and I wanna get this set up, even the stage roster.

If someone could PM me some instructions, that would be great. Thanks! :)

Top Bottom