• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlEX+PM Template V.0.2 + Clone Guide

LiveWire-93

Smash Cadet
Ok so in my Selcharacter.pac there's MenSelchrChrFace.038 and MenSelchrChrFace.039 there both Wario could this be a mess up in the File itself?

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Uh....you do know that posts can be edited? Double posting is not encouraged in this forum. After all, this isn't a messaging service.

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
Hey PyotrLuzhin, I've noticed that Ness and Lucas clones can't wave-dash. Is it something that needs to be fixed by the rel or PSA?

I can't find anything in PM Ness or Lucas that would indicate they had anything done to make them wave-dash. Other characters have the ability naturally when cloned, but not Ness and Lucas. Cloning them is pointless unless you make a PSA from scratch over the PM versions as the base.

Anyone have any ideas as well? I tried to copy Brawl Minus' Fox for wavedashing, but freezes when air-dodging. lol

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Hey PyotrLuzhin, I've noticed that Ness and Lucas clones can't wave-dash. Is it something that needs to be fixed by the rel or PSA?

I can't find anything in PM Ness or Lucas that would indicate they had anything done to make them wave-dash. Other characters have the ability naturally when cloned, but not Ness and Lucas. Cloning them is pointless unless you make a PSA from scratch over the PM versions as the base.

Anyone have any ideas as well? I tried to copy Brawl Minus' Fox for wavedashing, but freezes when air-dodging. lol
Dude, have you ever tried Draco_The's how-to on adding wavedashing?

http://smashboards.com/threads/psa-help.429764/#post-20818405

You probably have, but if you weren't using it before you should, I find it's pretty accurate.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
that was about Dash-Dancing, which i posted in about my way of adding it. nothing about Wave-dashing that i read.
Oh for the love of hell, I'm so dumb. I misread what you said, my apologies.

Wavedashing, from what I noticed, isn't universal and has to be fixed by fixing what seems to be part of Ness and Lucas' air dodging data.

I did this in BrawlBox 0.67b and it's worked for every Ness and Lucas clone I've added: Open the .pac you want to edit, and in the MoveDef, find Action Override in statusAnimCmdExitDisguiseList__10ftNessNode, and change the ID to a larger number.

In this .pac for Bass, for example, you can see I have the ActionID set to an incredibly unnecessarily high number:
upload_2016-6-11_3-41-11.png

This was a way provided to me by a friend, but I'm betting there's a simpler way; if anyone knows one feel free to share.

Last edited:

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252

Wavedashing, from what I noticed, isn't universal and has to be fixed by fixing what seems to be part of Ness and Lucas' air dodging data.

I did this in BrawlBox 0.67b and it's worked for every Ness and Lucas clone I've added: Open the .pac you want to edit, and in the MoveDef, find Action Override in statusAnimCmdExitDisguiseList__10ftNessNode, and change the ID to a larger number.

In this .pac for Bass, for example, you can see I have the ActionID set to an incredibly unnecessarily high number:

This was a way provided to me by a friend, but I'm betting there's a simpler way; if anyone knows one feel free to share.
Cool, I'll give this a try. :)

it may help if you look at brawl minus fox's air dodge subaction data and replicate that.
I mentioned that in my first post asking.

NintenAce

Smash Rookie
I apologize if this has been asked before, but in my personal build, I want to replace a clone of marth with a clone of pit, is it possible to replace clones of one character with another?

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
I apologize if this has been asked before, but in my personal build, I want to replace a clone of marth with a clone of pit, is it possible to replace clones of one character with another?
It would probably be easier to set up a new clone slot.

NintenAce

Smash Rookie
It would probably be easier to set up a new clone slot.
Well, I don't really know how to explain this exactly, but it involves a certain FE character that I have as a reskin of marth at the moment but I want to give this character their "forbidden/unreleased" moveset. Is it possible for me to do anything to edit this, or should I do something to delete the FE character as a marth clone and re add them as a pit clone?

Strange Matter

Smash Rookie
Alright, now for kind of a noobish question, but how do you delete a clone the correct way, I'm afraid of messing up other things.
You just need to delete the clone's four config files in the BrawlEx folder and its module. Usually, all of the configs will have the same ID so if you know what it is, replacing them is fairly simple.

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
I'm not sure if this is just an oversight or not, but Ganondorf is missing his slot config file when I went to add it for a clone. Does it matter if another character's slot config is used for a Ganondorf clone?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out.

Last edited:

jamershinobioneobi02

Smash Cadet

Thanks for the tutorial but when I try doing that for other Ness clones (Sans, Knuckle Joe for example) BrawlBox just crashes. I hope there's a different way of doing it.

Last edited:

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
So as it turns out, I'm having a similar problem to what LiveWire is having with every clone becoming a game-crashing Waluigi icon. Thing is, I haven't edited anything from the DL linked in the first post. I'm using Dolphin, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

EDIT: Some more details, the game crashes instantly upon scrolling onto any of the clones and normal characters in-game stock icons are of one of Waluigi's alts.

EDIT2: Welp, it was literally just a gecko thing that was easy to fix.

Last edited:

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
As someone who's never touched cloning before, this was quite a bit much to take in.
I can't even read hex codes.

Apprecaite your efforts, and I'll see if I can manage to learn something.

Last edited:

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
As someone who's never touched cloning before, this was quite a bit much to take in.
I can't even read hex codes.

Apprecaite your efforts, and I'll see if I can manage to learn something.
Yeah, seems like this isn't for total beginners, probably best to know your way around BrawlBox and a PM build first.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
So i downloaded the cbliss thing on brawl vault, but i'm not entirely sure what i'm supposed to do next. Does it work with clones? I changed the number of costumes on the cssconfig for one of them, but the costume wouldn't load. instead it loaded the default costume.

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
So i downloaded the cbliss thing on brawl vault, but i'm not entirely sure what i'm supposed to do next. Does it work with clones? I changed the number of costumes on the cssconfig for one of them, but the costume wouldn't load. instead it loaded the default costume.
IIRC it makes every character have 10 costumes loading from FitFighter00-09

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
IIRC it makes every character have 10 costumes loading from FitFighter00-09
yes i understand that. I changed the cssconfig on one of my clones so that I could choose costume 8 but the game just loaded the default costume and not what i set up to be costume 8.

FyaroTNF

Smash Rookie
An alternative to the FitCharacterSpy, FitCharacterDark, and FitCharacterFake, is to copy and rename the FitCharacter00 files.

Last edited:

bngmn

Smash Cadet
how would i be able to clone bowser and giga bowser?
thinking about adding little mac and his final smash giga mac into my build. how would i go about doing that???

jaystring

Smash Ace
finally started playing with brawlex not too long ago.

manage to bring multiple PSA in my build without issues but I got an weird bugs when I'm trying to clone another identical character. (in these case it was Mario and Link)

I made a identical copy of mario and sometimes when I play my cloned mario vs real mario, there's weird stuff happening with SFX and projectiles/FX.

like Sound FX will stop working on Mario in the next match, or fireball will not display anymore.

Sometimes it even pop error on dolphin and crash.

The clones seem to work fine against other character but in matches of clone vs original character, all sort of weird stuff happen randomly (sometimes in the same match, sometimes in the next match if I keep one of the 2 character for the next match).

seem like there's some sort of conflict with loading external FX or SFX. something like that

Anybody have any info/clue on this??

I've made sure they have different module ID so I know it's not that.

MazeDIs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GanonGod81
3DS FC
2595-3094-5841
So has anyone gotten their hands on the Project M BrawlEx codes by themselves to be added into a non PMEx build? As confusing as that sounds, I don't want my build to use PMEx as a base. I only want the codes to add clones to other builes [I.E: Legacy T.E]

LiveWire-93

Smash Cadet
So has anyone gotten their hands on the Project M BrawlEx codes by themselves to be added into a non PMEx build? As confusing as that sounds, I don't want my build to use PMEx as a base. I only want the codes to add clones to other builes [I.E: Legacy T.E]
I'm sorry to tell you this, but what you're reqesting is impossible. For clone characters to work, Brawlex is required. I tried doing exactly what you're asking with the PMCC build. Its just impossible without Brawlex running. Sorry to disappoint.

LiveWire-93

Smash Cadet
Sorry to disappoint but without Brawlex, its impossible.

Top Bottom