• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlEX+PM Template V.0.2 + Clone Guide

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
I noticed that Waluigi's cosmetics are part of the base form of the mod. Would this mean that all I'd need to do to put him in is add his fighter folder, or would I need to edit CSSRoster.dat to add him onto the CSS?
Yep, You would also have to add his Module as well (P.S The Pit Rel is actually pre loaded with Waluigi's BeX ID so all you would have to do is rename it to Waluigi)

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Wait, is Waluigi released? And I would just double-check everything to make sure his files are good to go.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I'm using Pyort's PM+BEX pack, which is pre-set up for Waluigi. The Brawl version of Waluigi is released, though, which is what I'm trying to use.

Last edited:

devnew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevNew
Umm... Don't want to be rude but Roy and Mewtwo's Victory themes are switched around. Is there a way to fix that?
open up the slot config file in HxD and edit i believe... 0x22 and 0x23
scroll throught this txt files. at the bottom should be various victory themes and their hex ids
just replace the numbers at those offsets with the other
(you could just open both characters slot config files and just switch the numbers at the offsets)

Attachments

Last edited:

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
??Sanic Hedgehog?? ??Sanic Hedgehog?? So I tried your advice for running Hackless Wii; everything works fine except the game crashes on the CSS. It's somewhat infuriating because the build works flawlessly on Dolphin. Tried moving the launcher folder around and reformatted my SD card twice, but alas. I would keep troubleshooting, but starting up Project M on the Wii is painfully slow.

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
??Sanic Hedgehog?? ??Sanic Hedgehog?? So I tried your advice for running Hackless Wii; everything works fine except the game crashes on the CSS. It's somewhat infuriating because the build works flawlessly on Dolphin. Tried moving the launcher folder around and reformatted my SD card twice, but alas. I would keep troubleshooting, but starting up Project M on the Wii is painfully slow.
Hmm, I've never seen that problem before..

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
It's possible that the crashing because of the filesize of sc_selcharacter.pac. I'd recommend trying a fresh build and working from there.

Is the crashing a buzzing crash or is it a disk-read error crash?

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
It's possible that the crashing because of the filesize of sc_selcharacter.pac. Is the crashing a buzzing crash or is it a disk-read error crash?
It's the dreaded buzzing crash.
And I thought the same too, but that wouldn't be the case since the build does work fine on Dolphin. I also deleted more stuff off of sc_selcharacter.pac just to be safe. At 3.68 / 3.79 MB now. I also changed the build to use Gecko 1.9.3.1's boot.elf launcher instead of the default boot.elf.

I'd recommend trying a fresh build and working from there.
but i'm so close

Last edited:

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
So it's not sc_selcharacter.pac, then. Does it crash when you hover over a certain character or just when entering the CSS in general?
Entering the CSS in general. I just deleted even more off sc_selcharacter.pac, so that file's definitely not the issue now.

EDIT: I suspected that a character or two might have been crashing the game. So I tried literally every character in the game (4-player free for alls) and I found out Kirby was crashing the game. Forgot to add some respective files for his hats, so I just took him off the CSS instead. Every other character works (including added clones). Booted it on the Wii, the game still crashes on CSS. Really thought I had it this time; these types of issues always have the simplest solutions...

Last edited:

DaffierCobra

Smash Cadet
Hi, I know the basics of brawlex and have add some characters at first but I need to know what to edit and how to edit without all the mumbo jumbo, I need it simple pls thanks im also using the new updat for this pack which is v0.3

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Hi, I know the basics of brawlex and have add some characters at first but I need to know what to edit and how to edit without all the mumbo jumbo, I need it simple pls thanks im also using the new updat for this pack which is v0.3
You'll need to learn all of that "Mumbo Jumbo" to fully learn BeX.

DaffierCobra

Smash Cadet
Hey so I got the clones working I would like the codes used in the gct in a txt as I would like to add some, the only thing I have a problem with is the cosmetics as I do my best to try and understand and follow the steps but some of them still don't work. I would greatly appreciate some help, thanks

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058

The Peacekeeper

Smash Cadet
What exactly needs to be overwrited with the V4? I don't want all that hard work on my build to go to waste but I also don't want a complete buggy mess.

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
So I saw the CSE code was added... I've never really messed with music much, how does one go about using it? I read the original post and was still confused. I understand it adds music but how would you get the stages to play the music? I'm not sure where else to ask... Also, is there a way to add alternate stages to stages without them? Can I just use Mewtwo2000's tool or do I have to go through the code?

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
So if I start working on my PM+BrawlEX build right now and new versions are released, I'm not going to lose my progress right?

Also, has anyone had any luck adding the Stage Expansion template to PM+BrawlEX?

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
So if I start working on my PM+BrawlEX build right now and new versions are released, I'm not going to lose my progress right?
I don't think so, but it depends on what exactly you update.

In terms of code changes, you'll just have to do what I do and save any changes you plan to make in a NEW RSBE01, and then fuse it to the RSBE01 that comes with PM+BEX.

In terms of cosmetic stuff, that depends on what is added in future updates, so you'll likely have to redo replacements and such with each new sc_selcharacter, sc_selmap, and so on.

Also, has anyone had any luck adding the Stage Expansion template to PM+BrawlEX?
I have had luck with this. Currently on 0.4 with maxed out SSS and almost every expansion slot filled, works like a charm as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Top Bottom