• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Brawler Style Discussion

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Discuss the Brawler Fighting Style.

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
The most colorful of the 3 Mii styles. You don't wanna mess with close-range combat like this.

I think Final Smash would be akin to Close Combat (The Poké-move) because I can.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Just going to put this here, for refrence.
Honestly I like the Mii Gunner style most, but I can see the Brawler being a very good fighter, up there with Little Mac. But more variety. Which is ironic as crud.
Also the third -->B looks like a Meteor Smash.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman

Just going to put this here, for refrence.
Honestly I like the Mii Gunner style most, but I can see the Brawler being a very good fighter, up there with Little Mac. But more variety. Which is ironic as crud.
Also the third -->B looks like a Meteor Smash.
It looks like the first column will be the Mii Brawler's default moveset:
Standard: Shot Put
Side: Onslaught
Up: Soaring Ax Kick
Down: Head-On Assault

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225

Hello there, Fox's up smash! They chose well. Possibly the strongest and most well-respected up smash in the game.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
What is this picture from, and is there a bigger version of it?
The picture with the specials is from the Digital Event where Sakurai talks about the Mii Fighters, and the Mii Brawler Picture I just got from Google.
(I.E. I put it together)

Last edited:

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
While I usually don't go for the "I am totally always in your face and you're just gonna have to deal with it" (IATAIYFAYJGHTDWI, for short) characters, the Mii Brawler looks to have some alright aerial range, and if I can get a custom set together that isn't bulky, I think I can make it work. This seems to be a pretty fresh character.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
I am totally going to play as Mii Brawler Bruce Lee.
I already play as Sports Coupe Slim Wheels Super Glider Tony Stark, after all.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
The Brawler will probably be my top pick. Im disappointed in the lack of projectiles, and Im not too fond of that Shot Put. It seems a bit slow for my taste.
Id probably be something like this:
B- Uppercut
< > B- That Hand Slam
^ B- Spinning Kick
v B- Diagonal Kick

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
How much do you wanna bet that Sakurai was Chun-Li when he won that SFII championship so long ago? Because three of her special moves are available.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I made some Movesets.
Power Brawler (Meant for in-your-face, Little-Mac styled players, Focuses on Attack):
Standard 3
Side 3
Up 1
Down 2

Range Brawler (Meant for keeping away, but not afraid to get personal when needed, Focuses on Speed.):
Standard 1
Side 3
Up 2
Down 1

Tank Brawler (Meant to stay on the stage as long as possible, focusing on the best recovery over Power, focuses on Defense.):
Standard 2
Side 2
Up 3
Down 3

All-Round Brawler (The Go-To Set for most players, easy to pick up and play, focuses on any attribute.):
Standard 2
Side 1
Up 2
Down 3

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Are we posting our sets now? Well, here's mine.

PaRappa the Rapper; Designed for accuracy, his goal is to feel and perform like his PlayStation All-Stars counterpart. He relentlessly chases opponents with endless flurries of physical strikes and combos.
Size: Small-mid
Standard 2
Side 1
Up 1
Down 2

Reggie: Built to match what we saw in E3. He appears to be by nature built for defense, keeping attackers at bay with small, in-place strikes.
Size: Upper-mid
Standard 1
Side 1
Side 2
Down 3[/blue]
Besca: one of my original characters. She likes to show off and hold back by using only her legs. Fights with power and crashing all over the place.
Size: Large
Standard 3
Side 2
Up 1
Down 2

GT Goku: Built to be the very definition of Glass Cannon. Tons of power , but can't stay in the field for very long.
Size: Smallest possible
Standard 3
Side 1
Up 3
Down 1

Last edited:

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Shot Put strikes me as a bit of an odd choice for a projectile. Brawler is basically a martial artist but it gets a track & field themed move?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Shot Put strikes me as a bit of an odd choice for a projectile. Brawler is basically a martial artist but it gets a track & field themed move?
Yeah, I would've preferred a Hadoken-like move, personally. Shot Put seems too specific to be able to use on most potential characters.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I really want to make a Walugi mii fighter as a Brawler. Walugi Semi-Confirmed as a mii!

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I would've preferred a Hadoken-like move, personally. Shot Put seems too specific to be able to use on most potential characters.
I'm applying it to my Barkley mii and pretending it's a basketball.

Or maybe Smash is set at the beginning of Gaiden before Barkley could get his hands on a real b-ball so he had to use a shotput, whatever.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Mii Brawler's jab is quite possibly the most terrifying. Jab->DSmash, Jab->Grab, Jab->Charge Punch alt special all seem very reliable. I can say better when I have an opponent upon NA launch.

Mii Brawler feels very good though. He's got great ground speed. Reliable kill set-ups. Comfortable aerials. And it's a Mii!

I don't know how good he'll be as he suffers from a complete lack of range and a recovery almost as bad as Lil Mac's, but I think he has potential. This character's competitive capabilities will likely be centered around his mobility and ability to combo/trap DI which is hard to judge vs CPUs.

SullyJay

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dejay15
3DS FC
4081-6913-3923
Even though I think that Mii's look weird, its specifically the Mii Brawler that interests me. I mean its high up on my list.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Missed some things again:
Neglected to show aerial behaviour of Down Special 1. It's the same, but lacks the jump, so he just plummets straight down.
Neglected to show the initial dash of Side Special 1, as well as the move's aerial behaviour which gives it a much shorter dash. In the air, it puts you into special fall if it misses.
Neglected to show different hitboxes on Neutral Special 1. The ball deals slightly less damage if it hits the foe after it lands.
Neglected to show aerial behaviour of Neutral Special 2. The move puts you into special fall.
Neglected to show the aerial behaviour of Up Special 2. This move has absolutely terrible vertical movement if used in the air, but gets great horizontal distance. Its multiple hits still combo, however.
Neglected to show the "incomplete" version of Down Special 2. If you don't press B during the flip jump, he doesn't perform the dive kick.
Neglected to show the aerial behaviour of Up Special 3. The move has slight horizontal control in the air.
Neglected to show the aerial behaviour of Side Special 3. It loses the initial jump, but retains the startup time, becoming a stall-then-fall attack.
Neglected to show the aerial behaviour of Down Special 3. If performed in the air, it no longer travels forward or hits in front, instead being a series of downward stomp-kicks followed by a slicing kick. The move stops all aerial momentum until it completes.

Only showed 1 of the Mii Fighter's victory poses.

Also... "Ukete miyo! Kore de owari da! SATSUGEKI BUKOUKEN!"

Last edited:

MKC413

Smash Rookie
My Mii Brawler will be based on recovery attacks so even if they don't hit anyone I can still get on the stage.
Rasmus:
Neutral B: 2
Side B: 1
Up B: 2
Down B: 3

Folt

Smash Ace
Mii Brawler Official Special Move names according to Smash Demo:

Mii Brawler

Neutral 1: Shot-Put
Neutral 2: Ultimate Uppercut (Similiar to DK Neutral B)
Neutral 3: Exploding Side Kick (Similiar to Cpt. Falcon Neutral B)
Side 1: Onslaught
Side 2: Burning Drop Kick (Similiar to Luigi Side B)
Side 3: Headache Maker
Up 1: Soaring Axe Kick (Similiar to Kirby Up B)
Up 2: Helicopter Kick
Up 3: Piston Punch (Similiar to Little Mac Up B)
Down 1: Head-On Assault (Similiar to Bowser Down B)
Down 2: Feint Jump (Similiar to ZSS Down B)
Down 3: Foot Flurry

These names come from the PAL version of the demo, and may be slightly different named from the US demo.

Last edited:

shogungari

Smash Apprentice
Just a head's up, the super punch (forget its name, the b neutral that lets you charge up a punch for later) puts you in a helpless state if you somehow move off the edge. I've actually died that way. ._.; Also, it can't hit things on top of you, so you'll have to time your hit.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
This is my favorite version of the Miis.

He's a kick-focused version of Lil Mac!

Eji1700

Smash Apprentice
All findings are done on a "default" mii(middle weight, middle height. Just created one, named it, changed color, end). Tested on mario.

Brawler seems to have some interesting options/properties to his moveset so far.

Throws:
His down throw seems to lead to a LOT of true combo's a lower %'s(or if not true, then they seem as good as any other smash combo), which can lead to some ok damage. It seems that at low %'s Neutral B 2(the uppercut charge punch) will even combo for about 23%(may not work on all characters. Starts working around 12%). You can also get Nair, Fair, Uair, and several of his other B specials from essentially 0(i know the double fist side B works, and maybe some up airs.) You can also forgo the combo if you want to play mindgames for good setups on basically his entire movelist.

Up throw: no combo's, but puts them in the perfect spot for brawler guessing games. A good read from up throw leads to basically any move you want.

Forward and back are pretty standard. Forward leaves them pretty close to the ground for some interesting pressure options.

In short, his throw game seems nice, if mostly because of the power of his down and up throws.

Dtilt and uptilt are both great combo starters. You can net his fully charged netural B for free at some %'s(30-40ish) off his dtilt for about 25%.

Of note- his dtilt and up tilt can combo into his upB however, it seems to send them flying away safely rather than combo. I'm not sure if this was because of the up B i was using(rapid upper punches) or if it's just some "safety" property. Only happens at specific %'s. Also worth noting that the uptilt doesn't actually combo into itself except at very specific %'s, but it does give you the standard "guess the air dodge" situation.

This is all just some random stuff i've seen so far. Maybe more to come as I test moves. Still undecided on most of it, but initial reaction on specials is:

B- I prefer the uppercut for the easy damage/KO options(Sucks in the air though). Kick is just like falcon punch, and relys on reads. No testing on shotput, but the angle does look nice for edge situations.

Side B- Rush kick combo is...eh, but can KO like raptor boost. Haven't tested dropkick. Headache maker has some niffty setups at low %'s but otherwise seems awful(does it even spike?).

Up B- they all suck at recovering, so pick which one you think gives you kill power. I can see an argument for any of them.

Down B- haven't tested assault(head drop), Jump gives very nice recovery/movement options since you can control the direction(unfortunately only horizontally). Flurry gives decent damage and won't kill you if you carry off the stage, and allows some interesting stall options used in air.

Mighty_Guy100

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mighty_Guy100
Mii brawler early impressions.
(Medium everything)

D-tilt: sets up combos nicely. Decent range and damage. Looks bada**. Although this is most likely character dependent, at low %'s i was able to hit-confirm D-tilt into a grab, which then led to D-throw combos.

N-air: A Sex Kick. When N-air just comes out, the mii's leg stretches unnaturally long, meaning it has good range on activation. Though after the initial frames its range shrinks considerably.

F-air: very similar to zss's F-air. Very low landing lag. If you twinkle toe it (land just the first hit on a grounded opponent), it sends the opponent upward with low knockback. You can then follow-up with Up-b or an arial.

U-air: This attack was made for combos. Does 9% and has very little knockback. I mean, even at 100% i was still able to follow-up with an arial or an up-b. looks bada**. Minor landing lag.

Throws: up, back, and forward throw are basic "get off me" throws. D-throw is the "combo" throw, at early %'s.

Those are all the moves that stood out to me, tho B-air and some of the custom moves look promising. Really happy with how the brawler turned out, this character is tons of fun.

Special moves
Neutral-B: Ultimate uppercut
Side-B: onslaught (default)
Down-B: Feint jump
Up-B: Helicopter kick

Last edited:

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
Feint jump is too good. Insane movement. Can feint towards walls and jump off without using your second jump and has more height than a wall jump.

I think exploding side kick has some armor in the beginning. i'll test it and try to upload some footage, but i was playing and i swear i ate an attack and the kick still came out.

Overmaster

Hibiki for Smash 4 DLC!
I know not many people are messing around with Equipment yet, but for those who are: Go ahead and rip three sets of Max-Power Gloves on Brawler. You won't regret it-- he'll hit like a truck and he can rack someone up to 100% in about two attacks!

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Exploding Side Kick does have armor but it's the actual kick action, not the beginning.

Chaos0205

Smash Cadet
The Brawler is definitely my favorite of the 3 styles. It's been the most reliable for me, at the very least. The lack of range is a bit of a concern, but I personally don't have to much of an issue with it.
For my specials, I went with the following:

Neutral 3: Shot put isn't really that good of a projectile, and Ultimate uppercut was a decent move, but Exploding Side Kick has armor right before, and during, the actual kick, which is nice. It's a bit situational, but I like it.
Side 1: It's got decent horizontal range, and if you hit your opponent in midair, you get a semi-decent vertical boost from it. Plus you can use it to tech onto the ledge, much like Fox/Falcos side-b. All-in-all, pretty good move.
Up 1: I did not care much for Helicopter Kick. Soaring Axe Kick and Piston Punch are virtually identical in terms of power and range (with Piston Punch giving you slightly more horizontal range). This one really just came down to preference, and I prefer the axe kick.
Down 3: This move is probably decent at best, but I found it the easiest to use. It's a little better when the opponent is around or above 50%, as it sends them at a nice angle to lead into some aerials. Also, the fact that it locks you in place, in midair is useful for keeping opponents off the ledge once you knock them off.

Overall, I really like the Brawler, and think he's definitely got potential.

Eji1700

Smash Apprentice
My major problem with soaring axe kick is i've had issues turning around and not grabbing the ledge because of it.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
My preferred Mii Brawler set-up is 1232.

Neutral 1- Shot put steals free damage on opponents in bad positions. Very strong vs opponents who are offstage, and you can landing trap opponents while you're both landing at the same time who are at the correct distance. Easy to set that situation up. The edgeguarding ability is extra important for me because my limited recovery in up-b prevents me from going too deep offstage.

Side 2- Burning Dropkick. Aids in recovery if I lose my down-b. Has high priority and is difficult to intercept. Easy to aim to ledge. Occasionally can be used to punish aerials.

Up 3- Piston Punch. This move is very fast, is extremely high priority and can kill very well. Unlike Soaring Axe Kick, this move can't be DI'd out of. This move beats almost anything above you, and is fast enough to beat most things right next to you too. Great out of shield option. There are some Rapid Jabs that you can up-b out of for a free punish. Awful range as a recovery move, but it's difficult for the opponent to try and hit due to the priority.

Down 2- Feint Jump. This is actually my main recovery tool. Flip + Kick towards the stage gives incredible range. Helps you escape landing traps and juggles by moving you very quickly and safely. Can be used as an option to get off the edge to an extent.

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman
After experimenting with both Swordfighter and Brawler, I've come to the conclusion that...
I couldn't come to an easy conclusion.XD

Sword Fighter is harder to hit with in some respects, and is definitely a bit slower, but the strength behind the blows and the much better range behind the weapon is a tough contender for my attention.
Plus Airborn Assault and Skyward Slash Dance are just too OP a recovery combo.
If you're below the stage, then either SSD or Stone Scabbard is going to get you back up on that ledge.
If you're above it and to the side, then the only way you won't be recovering with Airborn Assault is if the opponent can intercept your speeding body without getting blasted themselves, because there isn't a distance it can't reach with full charge.XD

Brawler, on the other hand, has a much faster moveset going for him, with just as much power as the Swordfighter but far FAR less range. The recovery is also a bit lesser compared to the Swordfighter, but Feint Jump is almost equal to Airborn Assault. It's got less range but compensates for that with less risk of punishment.
The higher speed can be an issue sometimes, though; I find it hard to land some aerials because he just moves so fast and so lightly that it somewhat screws with my timing capabilities every once in a while.

On the whole, I think I'm going with Brawler as my Mii of choice, though, because, as a Link main, I've already got my sword character on lock-down, and having a fist fighter for my Mii actually matches my background in Karate nicely and makes it feel more personal.
My Mii Swordfighter is going to be my back-up character for when I want a change of pace.

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I have Chuck N. set up with all the kick-oriented specials. It's great.

Top Bottom