• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ WITHOUT HOMEBREW RELEASED! (Thanks Comex) (Video UP!)

MysticGospel

Smash Cadet
I'm having a problem playing Brawl+. It's the same problem I had with playing BBrawl. Basically, I can get to Gecko, but when I launch the game, the disc stops spinning, or it starts spinning, and just stops, and my Wii's reset.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Wii's reset as in how, returns to the system menu, or freezes?

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Is there any reason why I can't register at GE? It's been a day and a registration link hasn't shown up at either of my emails(yes, I checked the spam filters).

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
The site you linked to in the OP where I'm supposed to get StackSmash.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, its also part of the original download link lol. You don't need that, I contacted the people after they said I could only link through there, I said I'd remove it if I got confirmation, never heard back so its still up.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Nevermind, I had a corrupted SD card. Everything is working fine now.

northleaf

Smash Rookie
What is the Smash Stack file for?

The first download (mirror 1,2, or 3) is Brawl+ Without Homebrew Pack.zip (10.22 MB). Once extracted to SD card root, has 4 files there.

Now what do I do next? Wna play this ASAP...thnx

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
It's probably old northleaf, the first post of this thread is outdated and the OP is banned from the site.

The newest version of Brawl+ w/out Homebrew is at http://www.brawlplus.net/download/ download the autoupdater/installer and just hit option 3

northleaf

Smash Rookie
sweet, i'll check it out now....thnx

EDIT: ok I extracted the .rar package and then ran the autoupdater from within the sd card......... says its good to go now, just gotta wait till later to test.

northleaf

Smash Rookie
sweet, i'll check it out now....thnx

EDIT: ok I extracted the .rar package and then ran the autoupdater from within the sd card......... says its good to go now, just gotta wait till later to test.
everything worked.... except when i tried c. falcon's FS and the game froze. Apparently this is a glitch in the latest build of brawl+. How can I revert to an older, more stable codeset of brawl+?

Also, can I use texture (costume) replacements using the no homebrew method? How? Thanx

Alphatron

Smash Champion
^Don't bother reverting to an older build. Just take the txt for the gct and copy everything EXCEPT for the throw modifier. Make a new gct with that.

The FS freezes started occuring in the 7/10 build in my experience. The throw modifier code was probably introduced then. Not sure what specifically causes the problem though.

Keep in mind that while the final smashes may work, you won't be playing the optimal version of brawl+.

Cornballer

Smash Apprentice
Yeah all the beta codes in the code agenda are more likely to cause the issue, wavedashing seems pretty good in there from what I remember but I heard the throw modifier is a bit off.

Cornballer

Smash Apprentice
where do i get the txt file and how do i make a new gct? o.O
It should have it on the B+ page. Get it there. The .txt. And you need a code manager, should be easy if you have Wii code manager, just activate every code except this one.

Sliq

Smash Master
I'm posting to subscribe so I can check this out later.

Ex2014

Smash Rookie
Note: NTSC-U is the game name for American Wii's, NTSC-M is the video name for it, so they are both the same thing.

Another Note: Brawl doesn't work with SDHC cards. So get a regular SD card, 2 gig max size (4 technically but most 4 gigs are SDHC). So do it.

PEOPLE WITH PAL WII's. I am trying to port Comex's exploit in a way, he just put a loader in a stage so I need testers who have boot2 and PAL stages. I think they actually are different, because I have been told replays and other things differ.

Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz7fk96wCGw&fmt=18

Should give a visual on it actually loading. This is all real footage. I did not reset the Wii for that Brawl+, or anything, it happened right after I re-inserted my SD card at the Brawl main menu. Textures do work with it.

First, download this:
Mirror 1
Mirror 2
Mirror 3

Get Stacksmash here, I barely have any time so this is the only official place and legal place to get StackSmash:
http://gamingexposed.com/releases/wii-releases/537-smashstack-released.html

Extract it to the root of your SD card, your root should have 4 things in it.

Now, load the game and go into Stage Builder and load the game through Gecko OS.

Now, put the SD card back in and you have Brawl+ without hacks :).

Enjoy Brawl+ without hacks.

This no need for a laptop after loading the game was possible because of Bionic Sonic, who told me a disable of custom stages added to it would let it work. Thanks :). It works 100% and amazingly now.

Here's the 5.0 Nightly Build thanks to Bionic:
http://www.mediafire.com/?onznuqxzzfu
For some reason, when I try to play, the game freezes whenever is wants to. Once Captain Falcon hit me with his Falcon Flyer, the game froze o.o

Top Bottom